AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-08-27, 13:45   Link #121
Stephane Pare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow
They all picked up som neat tricks at the training camp...

Seems like that episode, 147 is impossible to get now anyway.
Can't even get the .torrent file.

Maybe it's just someone testing their skills.
Would be nice if A-O got some competition
Maybe they would release it more regulary, instead of "on a whim"...

There is no "competition:. They do it for fun out oftheir free time, at the pace they want. Heck, knowing that more trolls would go complain to another group for lack of speed they'd probably evenb be glad to have "competiton", and i wouldn't blame themk for that either.
Stephane Pare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 01:06   Link #122
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
I refuse to download non-AO PoT, anyway. They've done a terriffic job, and I'll stand by it. Honestly, fansubs aren't like a corporation where "your business counts" - It's for fun. It also isn't, for almost all groups, a popularity contest. The groups that do the subs to get more DL's and first-time viewers do it for the wrong reasons and have such pitiful quality.

In any case, I never gave these other PoT episodes a second thought. They're later episodes, and I don't want to spoil anything. I learned that lesson the hard way.. I was only up to episode 23 of Full Moon wo Sagashite, and got my hands on episode 50, and watched it... ANd let's say I was pissed at myself afterwards. Spoilers galore. I won't risk that again. Plus they're not AO. I stand by groups that I like. Example: Aishiteruze Baby. I download the a.f.k. versions, although out of curiosity I nabbed the later eps from Lunar since it seems like a.f.k. are taking their time. I also like Lunar, so I figured it wouldn't be so bad... And it wasn't. I like their subs, too.

THe new PoT subs, though... I dunno.. last time another group did any PoT, it was terrible... so I am untrusting.

Anyway, that's enough rambling on.
Garylisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 10:16   Link #123
PurpleLightning

to answer your question suprnoob... no raws are RAWS... as in untouched... so no, not a subtitle to be found
PurpleLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 10:52   Link #124
[SUB[EX]

Hey guys, just so you have a name to go with you convo.
Im from [AR]. We started subbing POT for one main reason, not because A-O does a bad job, but because we were tired of waiting for releases. We have actually spoken with members from a-o and we have no problems with them, i dont think they have any problems with us, well not that i know.

We will sub every new ep as soon as we can get them done, so at least one release a week. We are still trying to find our style so every release should be better than the last. You can get our releases from torrent, they should all come up here when released. We also have some bots in our channel serving. I dont want to add the specific channels here, or torrent links because i dont want my post getting deleted.

Also we plan to release 29+ to fill in for the missing episodes. Its just takes time. Also i doubt that our subbing is going to speed up a-o in any way, they have stated that they will release all of the eps still and keep up the quality that alot of you love. Hopefully our eps are not too far off, and if we are given some honest criticism our releases will get better.

I would like to apologize for the torrent on 147. After we got everything up and running our tracker went down. It took a few days for him to get it back up and running. Im hoping everything will be available now. If you have any issues you can direct them directly to me and ill get them taken care of. Also any additional information can come from me.

Yea i also cannot wait for 128 to come out, man what a tease. haha
[SUB[EX] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 12:01   Link #125
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SUB[EX]
I dont want to add the specific channels here, or torrent links because i dont want my post getting deleted.
The only reason for you not to post your channel or torrent links here is because it would be inappropriate to do so in a disccussion thread about an anime! It most likely wouldn't get deleted but it would be considered rude

If people want to know your IRC channel, then they could look on AnimeSuki, under your group AnimeRevolution. Same with the torrents, if you want to know PoT torrents, then look under Series on the AnimeSuki front page, and then under Prince of Tennis. We have no wish you keep you 'secret' or hidden.

But back (sort of) on-topic, I've only just watched ep 25/26 and since I've been downloading the a-o version, I shall stick with them
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 12:28   Link #126
[SUB[EX]

Cool, i was just making sure to cover the question before it came up for the links. Thx for the additional info.

126+127? or actually 25/26? Either way, there all good, im sure ill eventually come back and watch them all again. Yea you can download whatever version you want, I usually download the first episode i see, example, with Naruto i have a ton of Baka episodes since he released quick.

But instead of stealing this thread, anyone that watched 148, man Go ATOBE! haha
Old 2004-08-31, 20:28   Link #127
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Has anyone heard of a Prince of Tennis movie? I stumbled upon a site... but I can't read Japanese... if anyone has any info... pls hook it up....

http://www.production-ig.co.jp/anime/tennipri/
Old 2004-09-01, 00:03   Link #128
chamelean75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
Has anyone heard of a Prince of Tennis movie? I stumbled upon a site... but I can't read Japanese... if anyone has any info... pls hook it up....

http://www.production-ig.co.jp/anime/tennipri/

Yea i've heard about it but no one knows what's it's gonna be about yet.
chamelean75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 00:21   Link #129
Raiii
*yawn*

most sources say that its coming out Jan 2005.

ooh, and 128 is out too, cool
Raiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 05:57   Link #130
unwill

Watched 128 now... was a bit dissapointed.

Spoiler:
unwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 11:21   Link #131
DeluxSkillz

yep this match was so much better in the manga, sanada looks like he can't play tennis at all in the anime while in the manga he was throwing out technique's like it was nothing
DeluxSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 13:56   Link #132
Tenksys

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwill
Watched 128 now... was a bit dissapointed.

Spoiler:

What! That was a great episode! I actually liked that he played like that. But then again, I never read the manga, bleh.
Tenksys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 14:07   Link #133
Azrael

I thought it was sweet how Ryoma used all his opponents techniques in that match, its kinda of like a hint at what Ryoma's true power is. Im also wondering what this 'Samurai's Eye' is also.
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 14:10   Link #134
TangentZ
神の一手

Send a message via ICQ to TangentZ
So... the "official" translation for "Mada Mada Dane" is "You still have lots more to work on".
Old 2004-09-01, 15:25   Link #135
Crimsonraja

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangentZ
So... the "official" translation for "Mada Mada Dane" is "You still have lots more to work on".
Man I was freaking out when I heard him say that; I guess we get some back story on his dad in the next ep, looks exciting
Crimsonraja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 17:14   Link #136
[SUB[EX]

yea, i definately cannot wait until the next ep, i almost shat myself when he started speaking english.
Old 2004-09-02, 01:04   Link #137
krusher

his 'samurai's eye' seems to be like the sharingan...copy player echizen!
krusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 07:28   Link #138
unwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SUB[EX]
yea, i definately cannot wait until the next ep, i almost shat myself when he started speaking english.
I thought Ryoma studies in America for years, but looks like he still got a wierd acsent.

And copying Aktsus playstyle was just a wierd jump ?
unwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 08:16   Link #139
Sephon
Inrecognizable lurker

Send a message via ICQ to Sephon
I found it hilarious to hear Ryoma speak English, it's the usual Japanese-English speech, pronounciations in half-japanese.

But I thought that "Mada Mada Dane" was something like "It's not over yet".

Anyways!
Spoiler:
Sephon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 13:07   Link #140
cnk

129?

anyone know when ep 129 going to come out?
cnk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tennis