Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-25, 03:26   Link #361
juss
KANAME SENPAIIIIII!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Well that's quite a disturbing revelation. I hope this series goes into detail on what Chika is actually thinking because she's just a child. I'm not quite comfortable with the idea of Chika sleeping with so many males at such an age (while Yamada fantasizes about it, she does not do it.)
I think it's realistic actually. Some girls do sleep around at any age of 14+ I'd be hesitant to want to see that condoned in an anime or manga but I don't think we should be representing or treating kids like they're ignorant juveniles either.

I'm currently reading Hot Gimmick - an excellent and well known Manga - and the sister of the heroine is 14 and a represented, initially, as a boy crazy slut and the plot mechanics of the first few volumes rotate around an incident where the heroine tries to cover the fact that she's sleeping around (she gets caught buying a pregnancy test for her, basically). I'm just pointing that out because I think it's absolutely fine to "go there" if there's reason for it and it's not just thrown in to titillate viewers.
juss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 03:46   Link #362
ZODDGUTS

Ugh Hot Gimmick, the characters for that series just couldn't get any more annoying and unlikeable . Anyways thankfully this series has likeable characters. Can't help but love Yamada's character.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 04:17   Link #363
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Wonder about the relationship between the sisters and how much of their actions are fueled by the other. Obviously they don't dislike each other with Chika helping out with the outfits. But have Yamada hitting on the guy her sister brought with her . Two sisters who are popular and oddly enough drawing in the same crowd. Key difference is Yamada's issue of things not quite going from how she plans into actual practice. Of course makes things all the more entertaining.
Yes, I think it's very likely that the sisters' action are fueled by each other. Chika is jealous of Yamada's looks (though I think she looks way cuter than Yamada, but hey...) so she hits on as many guys as she can to reassure herself, while Yamada is jealous that Chika has already brought home and presumably had sex with so many guys already even though her big sis is still a virgin.

I wanted to post the manga pic posted on the last page but didn't since I thought it might be a spoiler. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to have taken place in episode 3 and was cut/censored or if it happens later.
Old 2010-04-25, 05:58   Link #364
ZeKeR
Superbad

damn..... chika is a loli..... a very dangerous one...... OMG.....
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 07:07   Link #365
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Manga says otherwise:

Spoiler for Chika:

May explain why Yamada feels pressure to have sex to be more "mature" like her sister.
Spoiler for Chika from SlowManga&OverloadScans translated chapter 7 :

I specially made my acc for that ...
Anyway we cannot be sure if she does that or not untill more info is given in manga.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 07:24   Link #366
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Spoiler for Chika from SlowManga&OverloadScans translated chapter 7 :

I specially made my acc for that ...
Anyway we cannot be sure if she does that or not untill more info is given in manga.
thanks for that... I'm looking forward for people here to scream and get nuts about it
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 08:33   Link #367
Seiryuu

Quote:
Manga says otherwise:

Spoiler for Chika:

May explain why Yamada feels pressure to have sex to be more "mature" like her sister.
OK, apparently I was wrong when I said Chika probably wouldn't do anything while her sister was home. It's surprising, however, that big sis doesn't either bug her room with hidden cameras or find a way to force her little sis to give her all the details and the play-by-play, so to speak. I'm sort of surprised that Yamada doesn't entertain herself while this is happening. In the manga, she entertains herself at home pretty much every time anything happens to make her think of such things (in other words, 24/7/365). That actually might explain how fast Chika got into such things. I guess it's a chicken-egg thing: did Chika get messed up by her sister's near-constant masturbation on the other side of the wall (she even forgets to shut the door sometimes) and start going after guys, or did Yamada (what's her name?????) become obsessed with getting tons of guys because she knew that her sister had to get her bed fixed about once a month(not really, I think, but you never know).
Anyway, just how old IS Chika? It's pretty clear that she's in middle school, but what grade? I hope they're only a year apart. It'd be bad enough for Yamada to hear all that going on in the room of a 14-year-old(3rd year) sister, much less a 12-year-old. Also, I'll admit the sfx in the manga is a little ambiguous, whether the doll is supposed to elaborate the sound effects coming from next door or whether sfx and doll are supposed to represent Yamada's state. I think the doll is actually a reference to the earthquake level: at level one, most people won't feel a thing, but the movement is there and a doll like that will shake to show that the house is shaking ever so slightly. Then again, Yamada's question to Takeshita is also a little ambiguous. "Demo echhi suru desho?" probably means "But you'll have sex, right?", but, since she'd just been talking about how couples do it on the eve, it could also extend that, so when Takeshita says it's not law that couples drink and **** on that night, she's saying "But they do have sex then, don't they?". Anyway, I guess until some confirmation is presented that can't be argued against, I'll have to go back to my old statement about Chika's sex life: she may not be doing it at all, or she may be doing it all the time, but I would not be surprised either way.
Again, Chika has the perfect present for her sis, whether it's on the birthday or Christmas. If Chika's bringing home new guys all the time, she can almost certainly give her sister a nice series of how-to vids. Might take a little work for Sis to be able to handle the material, but it would probably help her in many ways, from what another girl's looks like (albeit her sister might have the same oddity, whatever it is) to growing accustomed to what a guy looks like so if Kosuda gets excited she won't run in terror again.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 09:54   Link #368
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Anyway, just how old IS Chika? It's pretty clear that she's in middle school, but what grade? I hope they're only a year apart.
You're right, she's only a year younger.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 10:16   Link #369
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
You're right, she's only a year younger.
So, since the next two episodes seem to take place over Valentine's Day, it's likely we may see Chika entering the same school as Yamada around episode 7-9, depending on how they handle White Day!

That... could be interesting.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 11:41   Link #370
Seiryuu

If they're only about one year apart, Chika might actually be 15 at this point. From how I understand it, generally people are placed in school based on their age at the end of the school year, so a first year high schooler has their sixteenth birthday somewhere between the vacation before they start school and the last day of the school year. Yamada's sweet sixteenth birthday is bound to be coming up, and Chika should at least be very close to fifteen here.
After thinking about it, I suspect in the manga clip that's been showing, the story may actually be something like this: Yamada got the self-righting doll out and set it on the table. Since extremely small, undetectable earthquakes will make the doll shake even if she doesn't feel anything, she may have figured that if the wall's too thick for her to hear, rocking motions should still be detectable. And Yamada is frozen solid watching that doll swing around like crazy. Her personal reaction doesn't seem to fit with the swinging, rocking action, so I would still guess that either there's a small earthquake going on or Chika and her boy are shaking things up themselves.
Anyway, if Chika isn't having sex of any variety with the men she brings to her room, she's playing a very dangerous game. A girl takes a guy to her room, or goes to a guy's room, and the guy is going to think about the bed. Yamada and Kosuda sat on the floor, neutral ground. If the girl actually invites the man to sit down on the bed, the man is either going to expect it or wonder if she's offering it, and either way he really wants it. Her boys are already crazy for her and give her all sorts of stuff, so if she doesn't give them anything, she runs a bad risk of picking a guy who'll mistakenly think that she's just shyly hesitating and decide to take what he wants, or of picking a guy whose frustrations get the better of him to the point that he decides to take what he thinks "should" be his. Anyway, growing up separated by a wall from a girl who masturbates all the time and wants to get an army of sex-friends probably doesn't do much to encourage much concern for modesty and chastity.
One thing's for sure though, with her personality, Yamada probably went snooping the first chance she got, looking for just about anything to suggest recent intercourse or to suggest that Chika's somehow prepared for such things.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 13:03   Link #371
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juss View Post
I think it's realistic actually. Some girls do sleep around at any age of 14+ I'd be hesitant to want to see that condoned in an anime or manga but I don't think we should be representing or treating kids like they're ignorant juveniles either.
Don't get me wrong now, I'm not saying that adolescents should be represented/treated as ignorant teenagers. I'm merely expressing my feelings on the notion that Chika might be sleeping around. I'm well aware that it's a realistic representation but at the same time, I want the anime to cover this topic because as you said, I'd have a problem with it being condoned.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 13:16   Link #372
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

its so painfully awkward, but its hilarious at the same time because everyone's been there at some point.

favorite part of this ep: "i wonder what's going through her mind?.." "I WANT TO F*CK"

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 13:17   Link #373
Bombo
TSF Fans

Chika 1
yamada 0 in their house.
Chika you are just pro...unlike your sister haha
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 21:50   Link #374
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This show is getting real creepy now
Old 2010-04-25, 21:53   Link #375
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I am going to ignore her sister and friend's activity the best I can.

That said, this episode sucked. It was boring and stupid. And it wasn't stupid funny like the earlier episodes. It was painful to watch.
Old 2010-04-25, 22:03   Link #376
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
That said, this episode sucked. It was boring and stupid. And it wasn't stupid funny like the earlier episodes. It was painful to watch.
I'm guessing you're saying this because, in spite of the over-the-top premise, this is actually a romance show and not just a crazy comedy. The fourth episode wasn't any sort of departure -- it just continues the trend of bringing Yamada more down to earth as she struggles with how her real feelings contrast with her big words/plans. In short, the premise is a lie. If I were to make a guess, you'll probably like the show less and less as it goes along.

Personally, I thought episode 4 was fine and the show is starting to come together, but that's just me...
Old 2010-04-25, 22:08   Link #377
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I'm guessing you're saying this because, in spite of the over-the-top premise, this is actually a romance show and not just a crazy comedy. The fourth episode wasn't any sort of departure -- it just continues the trend of bringing Yamada more down to earth as she struggles with how her real feelings contrast with her big words/plans. In short, the premise is a lie. If I were to make a guess, you'll probably like the show less and less as it goes along.

Personally, I thought episode 4 was fine and the show is starting to come together, but that's just me...
Same here, felt ep 4 was great because we got to see more development between the two in this ep than in the previous eps. Sure it didn't have as many crazy hijinks as the previous eps but this "downtime" between the two gives the series more depth rather than being one note like most other comedy romance series. Hope we get to see more eps like this.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 22:15   Link #378
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post

I think you are right, I might like it less and less.

But it felt like they skipped some steps and Kosuda isn't making any progress either. I know he isn't the main character, but he has to improve somewhat to make up for her lack of, well, lack of everything. I'm not expecting him to become a lady killer or anything, just some improvement.

Guess I'll see how I like the next episode, I just have to remember this is a comedy and all.
Old 2010-04-25, 22:16   Link #379
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Same here, felt ep 4 was great because we got to see more development between the two in this ep than in the previous eps. Hope we get to see more eps like this.
Yeah thought the fourth episode was good. The development between the pair moved forward nicely. The serious thinking before the kiss from Kosuda and Yamada's reaction after was good for them going forward.

Though I'm sure some were hit with shock by a few things. While Takeshita is a voice of reason against Yamada she isn't going to tell her not to have sex period. After all she has gone that far with her boyfriend. Not to mention Chika may be active as well though she hasn't personally confirmed that.
Old 2010-04-25, 22:38   Link #380
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I think you are right, I might like it less and less.

But it felt like they skipped some steps and Kosuda isn't making any progress either. I know he isn't the main character, but he has to improve somewhat to make up for her lack of, well, lack of everything. I'm not expecting him to become a lady killer or anything, just some improvement.
I'm not quite sure I understand what you meant by "steps." Naturally Yamada is forcing the action because of her ridiculous goal, which is why there doesn't necessarily need to be any "steps." While Kosuda does have your typical romantic male lead tendencies, he's developing quite steadily in his own right. His short little monologue before his kiss was something that helped him understand his own feelings on the situation. In contrast, Yamada's reaction to her first kiss helped her develop some unfounded feelings as well.

All in all, I personally don't have problems with the way things are going simply because there is definitely character development going on and their relationship is progressing. Episode 4 was probably the most enjoyable episode so far, at least that's how I feel.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, seinen