Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-04-28, 17:35   Link #1621
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I started reading this series on Friday and finally finished today. It's an awesome series. I feel kind of sad that it seems to be close to the end. Once this battle is over I don't see how it could continue; it will depend on who wins and at what cost.
Yeah but I think its better to have it end. Mangas like bleach and naruto that drag on forever just get boring after a while. Its better to go out with a bang . But I hope that Ed doesn't have to cross the gate and live there for the rest of his life in this version.
________
Gay Studs

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:14.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 17:36   Link #1622
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Yeah but I think its better to have it end. Mangas like bleach and naruto that drag on forever just get boring after a while. Its better to go out with a bang . But I hope that Ed doesn't have to cross the gate and live there for the rest of his life in this version.
The whole 'alternate reality beyond the gate' thing doesn't exist in the manga... GOOD THING TOO.
Old 2010-04-28, 17:40   Link #1623
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
The whole 'alternate reality beyond the gate' thing doesn't exist in the manga... GOOD THING TOO.
Ah thats right! I totally forgot that. Guess that isn't possible in the manga then Well lemme rephrase that. I just hope no one dies and we get a happy ending. God knows FMA deserves one. But I kind of get the feeling that hoenheim is gonna die though. There's probably about 2-4 chapters left if they're all around 60 pages...
________
Host And Design

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:14.
Old 2010-04-28, 18:14   Link #1624
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Ah thats right! I totally forgot that. Guess that isn't possible in the manga then Well lemme rephrase that. I just hope no one dies and we get a happy ending. God knows FMA deserves one. But I kind of get the feeling that hoenheim is gonna die though. There's probably about 2-4 chapters left if they're all around 60 pages...
It's confirmed that there's gonna be 108 chapters, so FMA's going to end in June. So sad... It's been such a wild ride

I'm hoping for a bittersweet ending. Everyone can't get everything they want...
Old 2010-04-28, 18:16   Link #1625
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Confirmed? You mean this?

http://twitter.com/IRICOMIX/status/13017523422
Old 2010-04-29, 09:12   Link #1626
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It's confirmed that there's gonna be 108 chapters, so FMA's going to end in June. So sad... It's been such a wild ride

I'm hoping for a bittersweet ending. Everyone can't get everything they want...
108? So 2 more chapters? Yeah, I'm gonna be sad too once this is over. FMA is definitely one of my favorite anime/mangas. A bittersweet ending? Really? So what if Roy or Hawkeye dies in the end? Lol what I would love to see is a Roy Jr. and Ed Jr. continuing their father's rivalry
________
Expert Insurance

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:15.
Old 2010-04-29, 10:35   Link #1627
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
OMG DON'T SAY IT OUT LOUD! You're gonna curse us!
;D

I think I'm gonna fall into a depression once it's over. I'm confident we'll get a satisfying end. No London on the other side please ... that was a total wallbanger for me. But judging how the gate was portrayed and what Arakawa says about it in the interviews I really doubt that.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 13:53   Link #1628
Slave0fLife
O_O

Because of how graciously every thread of the story has been woven, I have faith that Arakawa will give us a perfect ending to the story, with no loose ends - which I hope nobody else tries to unwind to make spinoffs, which could (and probably would) ruin this great story.
Slave0fLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 14:19   Link #1629
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
Wait so is 108 set in stone or is this just wishful thinking due to the end of the anime?
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 14:40   Link #1630
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
How can all the open questions be answered in just two more chapters?
Like what exactly? Arakawa's been doing a pretty good job checking them off over the last few chapters.
Old 2010-04-29, 17:29   Link #1631
Starks
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Wait so is 108 set in stone or is this just wishful thinking due to the end of the anime?
How would I know?

Nobody online anywhere has translated that tweet yet.
Old 2010-04-29, 18:04   Link #1632
Vicious108

If it's ending at 108 the last two chapters better have damn near 100 pages each. >_>

Cause I really don't see FMA as being one of those series that ends right after the climax. It's definitely the type of series that would go for an epilogue that shows the aftermath and afterthoughts while giving most of the characters closure and whatnot.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 18:14   Link #1633
Haladflire65
*Artist

Hm, this is interesting. The number of chapters listed on MAL went from a confirmed 108 back to 0/Unknown again. It seems to me like all this really isn't on solid ground yet. But FMA is such a huge series that there's sure to be a massive finale issue of Gangan or something, so I'm expecting extra-long chapters and such. As ET said above, I'd love a well-written epilogue to wrap thing up at the end. Just no Harry-Potter-like '10 years later' kind of thing, please. Please.
Old 2010-04-29, 19:06   Link #1634
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Like: WHAT exactly is truth? What is father, how was he created in the first place and where did he get all his knowledge about alchemy? Why his quest for becoming a god?
What is the source of Xingese alchemy (exactly) and in what kind of relation is it to the source of Amestrian alchemy?

And then there is still all the stuff, that has jet to happen in the actual story (like defeating father).

Im not sure if all this can be resolved in just two chapters.
Father's quest for being a God is simple. He wants more power. He wants to be a perfect being. They're been over this.

I wouldn't be surprised to see most of the rest answered next chapter, as Father is being defeated. And I don't think we're ever going to be getting a full understanding of Xingese alchemy, since it's just not integral to the story. But I could be wrong about that. Arakawa doesn't need to wrap up every little loose end. The world is still going to be running afterwards, so other things need to happen after the story is over with.
Old 2010-04-30, 03:12   Link #1635
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
FMA definetly needs a proper epilogue :/
But seeing as much Arakawa focusses on her character I doubt we won't get one. And yeah a '10 years' later kind of epilogue would suck.

Already getting sad xD
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 04:06   Link #1636
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Hm, this is interesting. The number of chapters listed on MAL went from a confirmed 108 back to 0/Unknown again. It seems to me like all this really isn't on solid ground yet. But FMA is such a huge series that there's sure to be a massive finale issue of Gangan or something, so I'm expecting extra-long chapters and such. As ET said above, I'd love a well-written epilogue to wrap thing up at the end. Just no Harry-Potter-like '10 years later' kind of thing, please. Please.
The last place you should trust for these kind of things would be MAL. I mean it's information that anyone can edit, so for all we know it's someone who's not pleased with the title ending at chapter 108, and removed it.
Old 2010-04-30, 12:42   Link #1637
Kirarakim

Well I figure we will know with the upcoming May chapter for sure. If 108 is the last chapter it should be announced in chapter 107.
Old 2010-04-30, 13:08   Link #1638
Starks
*Scanlator

That 108 reference on the director's twitter probably had nothing to do with FMA.
Old 2010-05-01, 15:54   Link #1639
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
FMA definetly needs a proper epilogue :/
But seeing as much Arakawa focusses on her character I doubt we won't get one. And yeah a '10 years' later kind of epilogue would suck.

Already getting sad xD
I have been thinking about this and to me there is no way there is only going to be one more Volume. So let's say there are 108 chapters

Vol 25 ended at Ch 103
My guess is Vol 26 will end at 106
And the final Vol will be 27 and will have 107 & 108 (but I expect this final volume to have some type of gaiden/epilogue which they can include as a bonus animated piece once the last DVD comes out)
Old 2010-05-01, 16:07   Link #1640
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
That 108 reference on the director's twitter probably had nothing to do with FMA.
No, it definitely has to do with FMA, but it has nothing to do with the manga or any chapter number. Early this week he finally started work on the rough storyboard for the final episode (ep63) since the finalized script was locked in just last week. He's updating on this twitter about his progress on the storyboard work. He completed the storyboard up until the 108th cut (each uninterrupted animation sequence is 1 cut) at that point. Today he tweeted again that he had completed up to the 175th cut. Tomorrow he will have gotten to the end of Part A (eyecatch) of the episode.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote