Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-04-28, 15:52   Link #681
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Indeed. This is partly why I said "Let's say for the sake of argument that Gon's actions means that he won't be able to contribute to the war effort anymore" in my previous post, rather than presenting arguments for/against it - we don't really know what Gon has done. We only have Pitou's assumptions, backed by some visuals, as to what's happened.

I think it's a bit clearer in the original Japanese. Pitou definitely says "I don't know how (by what method)" when referring to how Gon has forced himself to age/mature. btw, the text kinda implies this is how Gon would look as an adult - his build is certainly that of an adult. Rather than being a "power up" it's more like Gon has simply optimised the age of his body and is fighting with the power/speed of an adult Gon. Putting it another way, if we'd waited until Gon was naturally an adult (20 years old, say) then he'd be at least this strong (probably a lot more since his Nen abilities would have had a lot longer to grow).

Pitou thinks that only by a super-extreme condition such as "I won't ever use Nen again" could Gon have achieved this. However, does Pitou know about using multiple conditions? Gon has been totally gung-ho on dragging Pitou back to help Kaito that he might have created some kind of multi-point condition in advance, possibly involving Pitou lying.

Still... whenever we've had characters using a temporary super power-up in the past, it's tended to have a heavy cost afterwards.
From what I understood, the "condition" is there to help the practitioner focus his nen. Sort of like a mnemotechnic, only instead of remembering decimals of Pi, you gain superpowers. But it's not like Gon practiced this move. He just got angry. So would he even have a condition?

Maybe he'll get one when he decides he wants to use that move again. And it'll be "I must cause one of my friends' death" (since that's how he got it the first time). And we'll end up with a dramatic dilemma where he debates killing Killua. Or his father.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 01:59   Link #682
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
I think it's a bit clearer in the original Japanese. Pitou definitely says "I don't know how (by what method)" when referring to how Gon has forced himself to age/mature. btw, the text kinda implies this is how Gon would look as an adult - his build is certainly that of an adult. Rather than being a "power up" it's more like Gon has simply optimised the age of his body and is fighting with the power/speed of an adult Gon. Putting it another way, if we'd waited until Gon was naturally an adult (20 years old, say) then he'd be at least this strong (probably a lot more since his Nen abilities would have had a lot longer to grow)..
Indeed, that's exactly what I said a few posts back:

Quote:
If you think about it: As strong as the Royal Guards were, it was never argued that other strong Nen users couldn't handle them. Technically, had Gon met the ants 10 years later, this outcome would have been plausible the way the story has treated Gon and Killua's prowess with Nen. What did Wing-san say again? Talent one only sees in 1 in 10.000.000 people?
In that sense I think this temporary transformation is actually a nice way to put the ant's, who have almost been made out invincible for the last 100 chapters or so, strenght into perspective. We have not seen the absolute top of Nen.

And the Chairman, as explained numerous times, was no longer one of the strongest Nen-users.
Old 2010-04-30, 06:26   Link #683
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
But perhaps this "TRUE" form was a result of a permanent technique which could be related to Gon's new form.
Really now, there's nothing to link the two other than 'they both look muscley'...

Should we believe Razor is also using that technique?
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-30, 17:18   Link #684
Kakashi
カカシ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
And becoming this muscular in just a few seconds doesn't count?
What about Gons hair though? There's a mismatch in their transformations right there.
Old 2010-05-01, 02:58   Link #685
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
And becoming this muscular in just a few seconds doesn't count?
Don't forget that with Biscuit it's the other way around. She uses nen to hide her true muscley form. It's actually something completely different from Gon's transformation. The only similarity is the muscular appareance...

Unless you argue that Biscuit somehow experienced something similair and learned to control her new form, but just hated the esthetics of her 'new' true self, and transformed into a little girl. This was never implied though. She just stated that her true self was too bulky and grotesque, hence she poses as a cute girl.
Old 2010-05-02, 12:49   Link #686
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Some spoilers have been around for a few days now.

Spoiler for 307:

And I can't resist posting some Gon-san (his new nickname):

Spoiler for size:
Old 2010-05-02, 22:34   Link #687
babohtea

Sigh. I just don't want to have to go through the "rebuild Nen" arc >.<
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-02, 22:46   Link #688
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Sigh. I just don't want to have to go through the "rebuild Nen" arc >.<
It will remind me of Yusuke of Yuyu Hakusho when he lost his power after fighting Chu(?) the drunk.
Old 2010-05-03, 00:00   Link #689
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for 307:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-03, 06:56   Link #690
Wrath88
Kissing...

They already have the 'Go back to GI and get another Archangel's Breath'.
Old 2010-05-03, 17:41   Link #691
Xion Valkyrie

I think Gon will eat the Ant King, and then gain his powers of regeneration =P
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 11:37   Link #692
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Remember that Gon has not seen that technique, and Killua, who has, was told not to tell him. Besides, as stated somewhere earlier in this thread, Biske's huge form is her TRUE form, her small one is to satisfy her desire to be cute.
It may have been a natural progression or he just developed the same thing that Bisuke did.

True form can mean lots of things. Including "best fighting form" or even the "form most representative of oneself". I don't recall that it was ever stated outright.

nd even if it is and Bisuke is really some muscular old female, it could merely mean that the transformations are 2 sides of the same coin. i.e. transforming your body to the desired fighting condition/status/physique. The direction the age moves may not be critical
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 04:38   Link #693
fx_omar

hey guys it has been almost 2 weeks now when will chapter 307 come????
fx_omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 05:36   Link #694
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Should be pretty soon. It was Golden Week, that's why it hasn't come out yet.

EDIT: The raw is already out too so it won't be long.

Last edited by Tsuyoshi; 2010-05-07 at 07:05.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 08:51   Link #695
Key Board
Carbon

By the time this fight is over, I won't be surprised if Gon only has a few more months left to live
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 09:29   Link #696
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's out now. Killua himself says that what Gon did is completely different from Biscuit. This should end the debate.
Old 2010-05-07, 09:32   Link #697
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Indeed, and the cost of such a transformation must be great as well, judging by what Killua said.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 14:24   Link #698
Kakashi
カカシ

Wonder why Gon was beginning to crying at the end there?
Old 2010-05-08, 01:57   Link #699
Wrath88
Kissing...

Anyone remembers a long time ago how one of the assistants leaked the intended ending for HxH? I can't recall clearly, but:
Spoiler:

Not sure of its authenticity.
Old 2010-05-08, 05:13   Link #700
Kakashi
カカシ

Thought Togashi didn't have assistants (didn't look in the spoiler, though).

Tags
overpowered villain