AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 33 37.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 26.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 23.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 7.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.12%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-05, 23:05   Link #61
Ezilled

Not bad for an episode that delivered an adequate character improvements for the junior trio. Seems like they really tried to negate their utter boredom while the main heroines were out of town and having fun.

Jun kinda reminds me of Ritsu without the full-energetic persona and ability to come up some humorous gags. Azusa, meanwhile, averts herself from being serious. She looks gorgeous on her hair down rather than her regular twin-tail. Ui stood out the most among them. She really cares for Yui with her mother-like figure, and I was amazed on her hax skills by just observing like Nanami from Katanagatari.

Also, what I liked from this episode was the presence of rain and its purpose, ensuring the mix of canon materials and original ideas. Hoping for some interesting events for the next installment.
Old 2010-05-05, 23:59   Link #62
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwards View Post
Yep, looked like a Squier to me. I should know; I own one myself! Fittingly, I named mine Aki-chan, after Yui's voice actress. One of the pickups is slightly angled on mine, but otherwise Azunyan's was a dead ringer. And she had a blue one, too, the lucky thing! I had to settle for sunburst.
Squiers aren't beginner guitars, though more towards intermediate. I own a Mut-tan scheme Ibanez GTX-140, and I must say the sound quality is better than that of a Squier.

If only I have enough money to get my hands on a Mustang (and that girl)......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Though I still can't decide on if I like Asuza's hair down, or twintails cause both look so good on her .
Well that's the "hime" side of her. At least it made her look like her "elder sis".

Quote:
Also on ...
Spoiler for Yuri/etc:
That's called siscon. And it takes one to behave and know another.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-06, 00:34   Link #63
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I suspect if do get to the point post graduation of the HTT four I believe we might get an anime original character.

Mugi has a ton of expensive stuff there I can see it as a hand me down if she has a little sister.
According to the DVD character profile, Mugi is an only child. Although, I don't think it's been stated outright in the show itself...
Old 2010-05-06, 00:38   Link #64
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Ui's siscon doesn't seem to project towards defense against Azusa. When Yui drags Azusa off Ui's smiling seeing Yui happy.
Old 2010-05-06, 01:17   Link #65
netvope
SOS-Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
On second thought, Asuza looks more like Shana than Konata.
YES! I always think that Azusa looks like Shana.
Old 2010-05-06, 01:41   Link #66
zette

My favourite episode of Season 2 so far. It's nice to see the minor characters given a bit of personality rather than just being "there". And this episode might have just made Azusa take Mio's place as my favourite K-ON character.

Who tried to do the finger stretching exercise that Azusa did? It's ridiculously hard at first, but okay once you get the hang of it.

Also, skull.
Old 2010-05-06, 04:05   Link #67
shomai
Doujinshi arteeeest :D

Exercise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zette View Post
My favourite episode of Season 2 so far. It's nice to see the minor characters given a bit of personality rather than just being "there". And this episode might have just made Azusa take Mio's place as my favourite K-ON character.

Who tried to do the finger stretching exercise that Azusa did? It's ridiculously hard at first, but okay once you get the hang of it.

Also, skull.
*raises hand* I did. I never knew about it until now lol XD It's not really 'ridiculously hard' as you've put it, but that's just my opinion since I play bass and guitar.
Old 2010-05-06, 08:59   Link #68
YuuskeMinuhare
Somone who's lonely

Love this

K-on is just as good as ever i give it a 10
Old 2010-05-06, 09:08   Link #69
Peanutbutter

The slice-of-life aspect really felt more natural in this season than the first thus far. Any drama doesn't feel forced either.

But yeah, the lack of BGM in this episode disturbs me after watching this a second time. Cutting costs?
Old 2010-05-06, 09:17   Link #70
Sparvid
*hic*

Maybe the third years took the BGM with them to Kyoto.
Old 2010-05-06, 10:04   Link #71
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Ui's siscon doesn't seem to project towards defense against Azusa. When Yui drags Azusa off Ui's smiling seeing Yui happy.
That is called a yandere's smile.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-06, 10:54   Link #72
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

No, no. I've seen yandere smiles before...they are much more unnatural and creepy in context. Maybe she's accepted Azusa as Yui's pet cat....or Ui wants threesome.
Old 2010-05-06, 10:55   Link #73
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithekro View Post
no, no. I've seen yandere smiles before...they are much more unnatural and creepy in context. Maybe she's accepted azusa as yui's pet cat....or ui wants threesome.
oh god yes
Old 2010-05-06, 10:57   Link #74
sunwen

This is the same model as Jyun's which is called "SAMURAI BASS" in UK.
Yamaha sbv-500
Old 2010-05-06, 11:57   Link #75
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
No, no. I've seen yandere smiles before...they are much more unnatural and creepy in context. Maybe she's accepted Azusa as Yui's pet cat....or Ui wants threesome.
Ui seems to be fond of Azusa too so I wouldn't be suprised
Old 2010-05-06, 12:10   Link #76
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
The slice-of-life aspect really felt more natural in this season than the first thus far. Any drama doesn't feel forced either.

But yeah, the lack of BGM in this episode disturbs me after watching this a second time. Cutting costs?
No, artistic decision. The lack of music reflects how empty the school seems and is a foreshadow of the daily hole in their lives to come after the seniors graduate. When the music *does* arrive, it is a metaphor about them "making their own BGM/music". Basically the episode is a foreshadow of the bittersweetness of life transitions.

There, that's enough film-making technique over-analysis for now
Old 2010-05-06, 12:47   Link #77
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Azu nyan is f*ckin' adorable! but what a long hair.
Jun, i can understand your pain, my hair is the same. T_T
MOAR yuri!

skull, lol.
Old 2010-05-06, 13:42   Link #78
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Ui seems to be fond of Azusa too so I wouldn't be suprised
I think Azunyan is just plain attractive because she looks and acts ridiculously cute. Either that, or that Ui must be plotting something really evil.

P.S Azunyan is mine. Everyone hands off!

Old 2010-05-06, 14:03   Link #79
kitten320

^Sorry, but Yui claimed her first

And yeh, I find Azusa cuter than Mio. Mio sometimes over reacts.
Old 2010-05-06, 14:15   Link #80
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
^Sorry, but Yui claimed her first

And yeh, I find Azusa cuter than Mio. Mio sometimes over reacts.
I married her! She's mine! Go away!

The thing about Mio is that she's the perfect sweet and pretty girlfriend every guy would fight for. Her "bijin" appearance is enough to draw suitors forming a line as long as the human combined DNA strand.

Her little sis is just the opposite, but incredibly cute and cuddly in appearance and character. So yeah, it depends on whether you are a lolicon or pervert what kind of girl you would find perfect in your dreams.

Closed Thread