Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
when is next raw supposed to be out?
Beginning of each month.
Old 2010-05-18, 13:18   Link #14062
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I dislike dub mostly because voices are simply un-emotional. They leave a blank experience on you and istead of getting all emotional, I don't care.

Voices also sound lame... Why is it that other cartoons sound fine but whenever they dub anime, it sounds awful like if they had employed some random people from street.
Some dubs are quite bad like that yeah, but then there are dubs like Black Lagoon which are rated just as highly as the original Revy is a law unto herself, and she has one foul mouth haha
Many dubs are quite bad, but not all of them
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 14:48   Link #14063
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I just think that mostly everyone here doesn't like the fact that the R+V anime is being dubbed and brought over here. The original story has already been buthered by the anime and now we're fearing a buthery of the voices for something that some of us are already '...meh' over.

I, for one, am a little worried about Inner Moka's voice and how they'll have that played. But in all honesty, I think that an animation studio over here could have done a much better job on the animation for R+V than Gonzo did - if only someone could get the rights so they can re-do it over here, state-side.
Old 2010-05-18, 16:52   Link #14064
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I think the dub could be a good thing cause it might at the very least get a new crowd of people watching it. Especially if adult swim decides to air it. And then hopefully they'd hear about the far superior manga and be interested enough to try it out.

Anyway, if it's funimation, I guess that means Kari Wahlgren won't be doing Moka, Outer or Inner... (and she has the voice for both)
Believe me, Adult Swim will NEVER air this, because it's all about the ecchi.. or rather, too many panty shots

also, this could've been a decent thirteen episode series IF they had stuck completely to the Kyou arc and Tsukune going Badass Vamp mode... okay, maybe thrown in a little extra like with Mizore. But, GONZO animated it, and that was the problem in the first place (with Druaga and Blassreiter having been GONZO's "decent" anime at the time)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 17:57   Link #14065
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Believe me, Adult Swim will NEVER air this, because it's all about the ecchi.. or rather, too many panty shots
And adult swim doesn't like ecchi...? I can't really think of an ecchi series that got dubbed that they intentionally didn't air for that reason. Besides, they've aired Trinity Blood, which wasn't exactly the best quality itself either. They might do this.

Anyway, it was mostly only panty shots galore in season 2. The first stuck to the manga pretty much.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 18:22   Link #14066
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Adult Swim better not air this. There are so many other great series they could air instead, like Baccano or Haruhi for example.
Old 2010-05-18, 20:00   Link #14067
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Lemme rephrase the thing about AS: they usually put on the more action-orientated shows... then again, maybe Capu2 is overriding my memory about the first season. Either way, I never want this to hit US TV

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 05:11   Link #14068
Chris38

Lately thinking about how things will go from here, especially how the situation with Akuha is going to unfold.

Simply said I kind of thought that it might be possible that the physical development of Tsukune has already been finished by the time, that his body has reached the limit of how much vampire blood it could take.

If you remember at that point Tsukune had started to fell pain so severe that it actually felt as if his body was breaking into pieces. At that point Tsukune could also use the power of the vampire blood without getting an injection of Moka's blood. I think that what Tsukune was going through during that time is an actual transformation into a vampire, which is kind of strengthened by the fact that Tsukune might have died if he took another amount of Moka's vampire blood.

Still the vampire blood wasn't strong enough to actually transform Tsukune into a vampire since he was still able to recover and in time he probably could return to being an ordinary human, but that was possible , before Tsukune has gotten another injection of Moka's vampire blood, after which Tsukune has nearly turned into a Ghoul, which is in my opinion, the moment when the actual transformation into a vampire has taken place.

Well, that doesn't mean that Tsukune has become a vampire, since the transformation has been ended by the Exorcist, before Tsukune has lost his mind completely, but it has already changed Tsukune's body to such extent that Tsukune isn't a human anymore, but more like a human - vampire hybrid and I doubt he will be able to change into a vampire at this point ... not to mention the fact that changing into a vampire, equals with Tsukune loosing his humanity and becoming like a Ghoul.

Of course any further physical changes in Tsukune's body depend on the fact that he doesn't get any further injections of Moka's vampire blood, since I think that if Tsukune get's more of Moka's blood at this point ... it's going to initiate his transformation again, leading Tsukune into completely becoming a vampire and loosing his mind as well, unless Tsukune at that point,will already be able to control the vampire instincts present inside the vampire blood.

Personally, I don't think that Tsukune will be getting another injection of Moka's vampire blood, which means that he is probably going to stay in his current half vampire half human form, which gives him means to actually learn how to control his vampire power's and his vampire nature as well.

So I believe that we won't be seeing any kind of physical development initiated by Tsukune's vampire blood anymore and the actual development that Tsukune is going to undergo from now on, is him learning how to control and accept his vampire nature, which would lead to Tsukune reaching the full potential of his vampire abilities.

Basically Tsukune might have already become an human - vampire hybrid and if he doesn't get another injection of Moka's vampire blood he is going to stay that way, and the actual development's that might still take place is Tsukune acknowledging what he has become and taking control over his vampire nature without loosing his humanity along the way.

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-05-19 at 05:32.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 07:02   Link #14069
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Lemme rephrase the thing about AS: they usually put on the more action-orientated shows... then again, maybe Capu2 is overriding my memory about the first season. Either way, I never want this to hit US TV
Yeah, it definitely wouldn't help the negative stigma anime still has outside of Japan.
Old 2010-05-19, 14:56   Link #14070
kitten320

Since when Haruhi are great series?

I better re-watch R+V anime than it.
Old 2010-05-19, 15:18   Link #14071
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:

Haruhi is hilarious. It's just that foolish endless eight stunt they did messed everything up
Old 2010-05-19, 15:47   Link #14072
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Haruhi is horrible, but that's just my opinion.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 17:31   Link #14073
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

I don't mind Haruhi, but thats because I get Kyon's sarcyness
Endless Eight was even an interesting idea, really should have been shortened in execution though.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 22:41   Link #14074
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:

It never was. Haruhi was overrated and also same goes for K-on. But I would be also lying if the Rosario animes were good...

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 22:49   Link #14075
Xagzan

At least the RV anime was based on and covered at least some of a fabulous manga series.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 22:58   Link #14076
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
At least the RV anime was based on and covered at least some of a fabulous manga series.
At LEAST some of a fabulous series does not always make it a success though. Like many people (even now) were complaining of lack of Gar Tsukune (unless Gonzo approves season 3)

And Rosario is not REALLY that well known and I rate the manga 7.8/10 because I keep feeling like it was a chore to read the chapters (but the latest really got my attention)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 23:04   Link #14077
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
At LEAST some of a fabulous series does not always make it a success though. Like many people (even now) were complaining of lack of Gar Tsukune (unless Gonzo approves season 3)

And Rosario is not REALLY that well known and I rate the manga 7.8/10 because I keep feeling like it was a chore to read the chapters (but the latest really got my attention)
It's been ranked #1 manga in the united states several times since it's release. And when it wasn't #1, it was still in the top 5.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 01:54   Link #14078
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Spoiler for snip:
I do agree that Tsukune's not likely to get another blood transfusion from Moka anymore. He's already reached his physical limit as to how much blood he can take. That's exactly why he needs the seal that the Headmaster Exorcist gave him. His transformation was already complete when he turned into a ghoul.

In terms of physical attributes, I don't think there's any difference between a Ghoul and a Vampire apart from the fact that Ghouls don't have some of the weaknesses Vampires have, such as water. When Tsukune's transformation was complete, his Vampire blood completely took over Tsukune, awakening the bloodlust. The only real difference between the two is the way they handle themselves. Ghouls are much like animals, only acting on their instinct, undisciplined and uneducated in terms of how to use their strength. That's why Moka appeared to be far superior in combat.

This is where Tsukune's seal comes in. If not for the seal, Tsukune's Vampire blood will take him over completely. That's why he trains with Moka to learn how to control it. As time goes by, the seal will weaken and more of his Vampire energy will leak out from within. But as time progresses and with training, Tsukune will be able to handle it much better and manage to consciously use all the Vampire energy. He would be able to forego the seal entirely but maintain his own consciousness rather than turn into a mindless animal. It's like muscle training, where Tsukune trains to lift more and more weight as time goes on (the weight, in this case, being the Vampire energy inside him).

If this weren't possible for Tsukune, then that would mean Hokuto should have also turned into a mindless beast when he took off the seal. However, that wasn't the case. He remained very much conscious of what he was doing, who he was, and what his objectives were. Tsukune was completely different when he first turned. Judging by the way Hokuto was able to handle his power, I don't think it impossible for Tsukune to achieve the same. When that happens, he will be able to fight like a Vampire, the way Moka does. That doesn't mean he will be a Vampire, though, as he will still maintain his human consciousness.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 02:36   Link #14079
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Spoiler for snip:
Exactly, though there are still questions on how the "mental" development's are going to occur.

Also one thing that is still unknown is what will actually happen when Tsukune takes of his Holy Lock ... I agree that Tsukune will probably be able to maintain his consciousness, similarly to Hokuto, but some kind of physical developments might still occur when Tsukune removes his Holy Lock, well I don't think he will change too much, since as you said Yoko Takeo, his physical transformation is already finished and I agree with you about that.

It basically means that currently Tsukune is in the process of obtaining control over his new power's, but I think that removing the Holy Lock, when Tsukune manages to take control over the full extent of his abilities. will probably make Tsukune's physical looks be the same as in his vampire form (red eyes, more noticeable fangs, and lighter hair color), similarly to what happens with Moka when her seal is removed.

So I think that Tsukune, at that point might need a new seal to hide his permanent vampire features after he gains control over his abilities and vampire nature, to hide the ayashi aspect of him, similarly to what Inner Moka does, in order to blend in into the human world after they graduate.

Of course this is only speculation on my part, since Tsukune could stay the way he currently is, with him having a "human" form and "vampire" form even without the Holy Lock, but since it looks like we have a long way before Tsukune manages to take control over his vampire blood, so later in the story we might have more information about this particular topic. (Tsukune's physical appearance without the seal)

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-05-20 at 02:48.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-20, 03:07   Link #14080
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I agree with everything you just said except that Tsukune will need a new seal. While Tsukune does have the possibility to use all the power Moka gave him and maintain control while being fully transformed (as you said, red eyes, lighter hair color), I doubt he'll need anything different from the Holy Lock because unlike Moka, he is still primarily human as long as he maintains a human consciousness. He cannot permanently turn into a Vampire as long as he keeps control of his powers. That dual aspect of him will always be there. He can use Vampire powers freely, but his heart and soul remain human.

Take Hokuto again, for instance. Considering he was able to remove the Holy Lock but still maintain his own consciousness means that like Tsukune is doing now, Hokuto also trained to control his abilities to the point where he supposedly gained full control of them. That he was able to face Moka single-handedly (and Tsukune at the same time on top of that) is a good hint that he achieved what Tsukune is aiming for right now. Like Tsukune, he was still using the Holy Lock to hide that demonic energy and appearance. It's doubtful Tsukune will be any different.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire