AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-25, 13:05   Link #641
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Talking

Yeah.. I want the dragons 2 be powerful but not ++abyssal strength. It would be interesting if Priscilla vs Clare shifted 2 the mainland. During the fight a dragon shows up and nearly kills Priscilla!! That would give Priscilla a reality check that there are people just as strong as she is.
Old 2010-05-25, 14:20   Link #642
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

Send a message via ICQ to Ganshou-dono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
I don't think they'll mess up the power-levels, it just seems like everything is being raised up a level: instead of 3 individuals with Abyssal-level power, we have 3 with +Abyssal level power(Raki, Priscilla, Raciella), and of course, the ever-ominous dragons in the background.
sure hope you're right
though I ain't getting that Raki with power level over 9000 part ()
(or was it discussed here? because I joined this thread aroud page 32 and I really didn't feel like reading all of those 30 pages )

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Yeah.. I want the dragons 2 be powerful but not ++abyssal strength. It would be interesting if Priscilla vs Clare shifted 2 the mainland. During the fight a dragon shows up and nearly kills Priscilla!! That would give Priscilla a reality check that there are people just as strong as she is.
totaly man
Old 2010-05-25, 15:51   Link #643
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganshou-dono View Post
sure hope you're right
though I ain't getting that Raki with power level over 9000 part ()
(or was it discussed here? because I joined this thread aroud page 32 and I really didn't feel like reading all of those 30 pages )
Raki becoming over 9000 in power level was purposed a while ago (ch 96 - 97 threads, just after we witnessed Raki's infection) we where debating if Riful would die and what would happen to the story. To paraphrase it I wrote a long post that Shiek just loved back then stating Riful would die and that Priscilla, The Destroyer, and Raki (under the orgs control) would become the new big three (I purposed the twins would be killed by The Destroyer... oops, only infected by her and it took us several chapters to figure that out ) ... thus creating a new balance of power but due to the Destroyers limited life time one in which each side will need to make its moves rapidly to emerge victorious. This would also raise the strength of all the enemies to keep Claymore a story where hope is but a awaking dream, since lets face it if we didn't get more powerful enemies the ghosts might have actually had a chance against an AO (but with huge casualties) and that wouldn't fit how Claymore handles power levels. Simultaneously it also give Clare a reason to want to take on the org (to save Raki) as much as she wants to kill Priscilla and prevent the worlds destruction from the Destroyer... After all what's a heros quest tale where the protagonist on a quest other than stopping the source of all the evil.

Being me I've purposed tons of theories and keep all in mind but I never really commit to any... however Shiek loved it and has been that theories champion for some time now. I still like the idea but I feel Yagi might be moving away from forming a new Balance of Power with three big players. However to be fair most of my thought process now goes into whether or not Clare can soul link with the Destroyer and maybe even merge back into her body... What can I say, I love the idea.
Old 2010-05-25, 17:26   Link #644
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Cool

I love the Idea of Clare soul-link with the Destroyer, it seems 2 be the only way Clare can fight Priss. Reason being she can't awaken and Priss is too powerful.

I still not going 2 rule out the whole Rubel interfering with the Destroyer vs Priss battle.
Old 2010-05-25, 19:13   Link #645
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Being me I've purposed tons of theories and keep all in mind but I never really commit to any... however Shiek loved it and has been that theories champion for some time now
Roflmao, thanks Ryus
Old 2010-05-25, 20:19   Link #646
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Roflmao, thanks Ryus

What else can I say?

For the first time in quite a while I'm more concerned about a way a single fight will play out instead of the long term dynamic of the series. Yet I see you still posting my old theory of how the long term dynamic of the series will play out everywhere...

I mainly stopped theorizing about the long term dynamic of the series since the fighting has been none stop for an entire year now without much new to theorize about other than who's about to die or how a fight will go down... I guess I'm just waiting for a pause in the action since I feel once things settle down (if even for a moment) that I'll be better able to judge where the series is headed. It's clear everything has changed but to what end Yagi is driving the plot isn't quite clear yet.

I'm alsogoing nuts trying to figure out what Miria, Tabitha, Galatea, Miata, and Clarice have been doing thing whole damn time... All I can do there is shoot wildly into the dark. Are they going East, West, splitting up, or are they defending Rabona from something right now...
Old 2010-05-25, 22:01   Link #647
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Smile

They could be defending Rabona, thats if the Hell-cats have made it that far.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Or if they did head out, they're probly heading west!
Old 2010-05-25, 22:50   Link #648
Cyclone
Transient Guest

No no no.
Nice and safe in Rabona is the only place for Galatea-sama. It's far too dangerous in the West for her right now.

As for Raki being over 9000... rotflmao!
Maybe 9... but not any higher than that.
Old 2010-05-25, 23:35   Link #649
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Talking

Mabe I've should've been more specific. Only Miria and Tabitha not Galatea, she has 2 take care of uber powerful Miata and her mama Clarice!

No even Priss will say Raki is "Over 9 thooouuusssaaannnddd.

When he shows up of course.
Old 2010-05-26, 01:33   Link #650
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

miria said that everyone is to finish their business before heading out for org headquarters...and because miria doesn't have any other special business she's only waiting...tabitha stays with the taichou ...galatea is looking after the brunet and her cute loli so yeah they're just waiting...though they totally protect the city if it'd come down to it

as for raki blowing up scouter with his power level...well I don't know...I'd like him to stay human...because I think he was kinda badass how he took out that a yoma with only human-like means...meaning trying to keep up as human would be more interesting...virtually becoming gatts of the claymore series
though becoming an "emulated" claymore...using instead of power of a yoma inside him he would be using power of the destroyer...so that he could fight ABs...now that's badass too...so I don't mind it either way
boy if he would awakened he would be quite a monster just look at what claymores with the flesh and blood of an awakened being have become...what about the flesh and blood of the destroyer(assuming that that rod can be counted as the destroyers flesh and blood)? that's bound to be something

EDIT:
and I don't think that clare would do some soul link with destroyer...that would be in my humble opinion too much...it'd cross some sort of line...I dunno it's like raki eating isley and becoming AO himself it's just too much of twist...for me at the very least...I would much rather see clare fully awakened and defeating priscilla like that rather than some soul link which was proved to be functional only between twins of pretty much absolute equality

Last edited by Ganshou-dono; 2010-05-26 at 02:04.
Old 2010-05-26, 11:31   Link #651
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Smile

I would like 2 see Clare fully awaken, its been driving me nuts! I would like 2 see what her form would look like.
Old 2010-05-26, 11:39   Link #652
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

Quote:
I would like 2 see Clare fully awaken, its been driving me nuts! I would like 2 see what her form would look like.
yeah me too...plus it has to be so powerful...I mean remember fight with rigaldo she released quite some yoki and wasn't even close to rigaldo's power level...then she awakened just limbs and surpassed rigaldo's power level by a lot...maybe it was because he had just one arm but still she had the upper hand...that's why I think her awakening is key to defeating priscilla...I just can't imagine her beating priscilla normally
Old 2010-05-26, 11:52   Link #653
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Cool

Yeah Clare partially awakend and annialated Rigaldo! This is the same Rigaldo that constantly fough with Isley back in the day. So she is way stronger than him. I hope her awaken form is just as beautiful as Jean's awaken form!
Old 2010-05-26, 12:19   Link #654
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

to be honest I would rather see that kind of beauty the destroyer represents...it fits my taste more than jean's form...though I understand why you find jean's awakened form beautiful her's was very precise piece of art
but when I saw the destroyer...I thought "how beautiful" I love priscilla's awakened form in last few chapters too...the shading was simply perfect
Old 2010-05-26, 13:06   Link #655
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Totally wild speculation here but I think last chapter was only 23 pages so Yagi could fit it into Volume 18... according to mangafox volume 18 is chapters 96-103 (or 8 chapters, a ton of chapters by Claymore standards since they average 5-6 chapters per volume). If that information is correct that should be enough to fill volume 18. That should mean Chapter 104 doesn't have a spacing need to be short like the last few and should be the first chapter in volume 19. That doesn't mean Chapter 104 won't be short due to a plot reason just that it should have no spacing limit imposed by Yagi's bosses in order to fit the chapter into volume 18. So Yagi could give us a full length chapter this time around.
Old 2010-05-26, 13:09   Link #656
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
I would like to see that myself, the other thing that comes to my mind is the condition that Prissy would in, if she is able to defeat the Destroyer that is. I think that this would be the greatest chance for Clare to defeat Prissy.
Old 2010-05-26, 13:23   Link #657
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Totally wild speculation here but I think last chapter was only 23 pages so Yagi could fit it into Volume 18... according to mangafox volume 18 is chapters 96-103 (or 8 chapters, a ton of chapters by Claymore standards since they average 5-6 chapters per volume). If that information is correct that should be enough to fill volume 18. That should mean Chapter 104 doesn't have a spacing need to be short like the last few and should be the first chapter in volume 19. That doesn't mean Chapter 104 won't be short due to a plot reason just that it should have no spacing limit imposed by Yagi's bosses in order to fit the chapter into volume 18. So Yagi could give us a full length chapter this time around.
that would be so sweet
by the way any idea when the 104 might come out?
Old 2010-05-26, 13:28   Link #658
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
that would be so sweet
by the way any idea when the 104 might come out?
Yeah, seems pretty smart to me

Should be out this weekend if we're lucky; Sunday-ish.

---

Ryus, I still think about the long-term conflict because I like the idea this story will go on for a long-while and long-term is really how the story works; theorizing and thinking far-off into the future.

For all we know, the Rabona girls could be investigating the AE's location. Now that they know these things have killed Isley, they could be looking for their base.

Speaking of which, where do you think these women come from? They look like fully-grown women, and I doubt they're kidnapped from villages. Maybe they are trainees who failed to pass.
Old 2010-05-26, 13:37   Link #659
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

Quote:
Yeah, seems pretty smart to me

Should be out this weekend if we're lucky; Sunday-ish.
awesome

Quote:
Speaking of which, where do you think these women come from? They look like fully-grown women, and I doubt they're kidnapped from villages. Maybe they are trainees who failed to pass.
I think they are produced pretty much the same way as normal claymore...except for the flesh and blood of an awakened being of course...they are grown because training takes time (limiting the hunger, specifying the target of the hunger, etc) dunno if it takes longer or shorter compare to normal claymore...but it surely takes some time...handling these hotties just can't be easy
Old 2010-05-26, 14:45   Link #660
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
I think they are produced pretty much the same way as normal claymore...except for the flesh and blood of an awakened being of course...they are grown because training takes time (limiting the hunger, specifying the target of the hunger, etc) dunno if it takes longer or shorter compare to normal claymore...but it surely takes some time...handling these hotties just can't be easy

Nice speculation... My guess is that the time it takes to specify the target is a round 3-6 months minimum and then double that time to soul-link them together. That's about how long it takes for a human to break a habit. However if the org plans to make AEs without inhibitors to fight the hellcats (since whats the point of an inhibitor when the AEs will break it) they could be set loss as soon as they are fully overtaken by the AB flesh and blood. Though they would likely soul-link them together so they'd be more effective in combat.

I don't see why the organization would use orphan girls though to make AEs. It would limit there supply of Claymores if they did that. My suspicion is that they use older women too old to be warped into obedient Claymores though... if they did us kids we'd likely see at least one or two smaller AEs but they're all tall and developed implying age.

My guess is the retrieval squad takes kids to be made into Claymore at one location, women fleeing a destroyed town (who are by themselves or in a small capturable group) to another location to be made into AEs, and men and some women (once again by themselves or in a small capturable group) to another location to be made into yoma.
Closed Thread