AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-05-27, 01:26   Link #41
thermopyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie Smallz View Post
A little to late for humor don't you think?
It's not serious business.

---

I personally don't see a problem with the Kyuubi being the awesomesauce powerhouse of the universe like people seem to want it to be. If they use the excuse that half of it is in the Shinigami, then I'll take it. I don't really relish the thought of Naruto waving his hand and blowing up a mountain/willy nilly nuclear bomb equivalents. That's not awesome at all. That's Bleach.
thermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 01:35   Link #42
Biggie Smallz
Banned

I gotta say, Kishi is not convivincing me this war is going to be a big deal if Naruto acts like this. The build up is so bad, even this chapter proves it.
Biggie Smallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 02:59   Link #43
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie Smallz View Post
I gotta say, Kishi is not convivincing me this war is going to be a big deal if Naruto acts like this. The build up is so bad, even this chapter proves it.
I don't understand. I thought Naruto was kinda cool this chapter...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 03:39   Link #44
Biggie Smallz
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't understand. I thought Naruto was kinda cool this chapter...
Too little to late.
Old 2010-05-27, 04:04   Link #45
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Hmm... I'm starting to think Madara put the nine tail in himself. Tried to control it and failed, but somehow lived. It escaped and went rampaging.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 04:20   Link #46
Blaat

I honestly thought this was the best naruto chapter in over a year or so.
Old 2010-05-27, 04:57   Link #47
Biggie Smallz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I honestly thought this was the best naruto chapter in over a year or so.
:(No
Old 2010-05-27, 05:03   Link #48
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I thought this chapter was great. Makes one wonder eh?

James are you out there? How about polls of manga chapters in the future?

I really laughed out loud when Naruto pulled that joke. Especially since Yamato used to make the reverse kind of jokes on Naruto...and now that Naruto has made his own version on Yamato he nearly pissed his own pants . I like Killerbee more every chapter. Soon he might even surpass Gaara.

Just one question, I thought Naruto was talking about Yamato not the Kyuubi when this happened:
Killerbee asked if they were going to quit since things got dangerous
Yamato tried to speak.
Naruto said no, i'll teach him who's boss for once and for all while looking at Naruto.

Obviously he is going to show the Kyuubi... but i thought also that he spoke of Yamato. Like Yamato! I am in charge! Shut up! Or do you believe i misinterpreted it?
Old 2010-05-27, 06:15   Link #49
yakumo-chan

this chapter was hilarious!

I laughed at Yamato hahaha
Old 2010-05-27, 07:24   Link #50
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Hahahaha, oh Kishimoto, why can't you make consistent work like this chapter for the rest of the series. I mean look, we all saw the prank comming but we still laughed hard. Its not hard to make your series great just don't pull BS every 3 panels and you're golden.

-Yeah, the chapter was great if for the prank alone. But as an added bonus we are slowly going to watch Naruto as he starts playing tug of war with the Kyuubi with their respective chakra. Hopefully the next chapter will continue the awesome. By the way, in case anyone is wondering, I think the Kyuubi looks a lot smaller because he no longer has Naruto's darkness to feed off of. I mean, isn't this the 1st time we saw the entirety of the cage whereas before it was almost in total darkness?
Old 2010-05-27, 07:26   Link #51
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

It was fun chapter with some great humor. (Yamato's reactions make me glad he was chosen as Naruto's guardian, Kakashi wouldn't react like he does at all) I liked the sort of Aztec look of the bijuu temple. The seal opening sequence too, was exciting.

My only complaint would be, as someone stated before, that the kyuubi just wasn't drawn as awesome as he usually is. Before he's been hidden in the shadows at the gate and he's huge, as in dwarfing redwoods huge. Here he merely looks big, particularly in the last panel. But I realize it must be difficult to draw on that scale. Previous kyuubi appearances were usually one-shots that took up one or two entire pages. Obviously you can't do that for an entire chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Just one question, I thought Naruto was talking about Yamato not the Kyuubi when this happened:
Killerbee asked if they were going to quit since things got dangerous
Yamato tried to speak.
Naruto said no, i'll teach him who's boss for once and for all while looking at Naruto.

Obviously he is going to show the Kyuubi... but i thought also that he spoke of Yamato. Like Yamato! I am in charge! Shut up! Or do you believe i misinterpreted it?
It's pretty much like when he told Kakashi to stand aside and let him take care of Kakuzu. This is something that has to be done, but Yamato's understandably being very protective as Naruto's guardian so Naruto's letting him know he can handle it.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 08:12   Link #52
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

It was very good chapter, but i can't but think that kyuubi still has some secrets left (somehow it would be weird if the most powerfull of all bijus to go down this easily), by his words it seams he suspected that Naruto will eventualy come to seek comlete control over his power.
Old 2010-05-27, 09:07   Link #53
kitten320

Nice chapter, liked it more than all the rest till now. From recent ones I mean.

I really hope that Naruto will comfort Kyubi in much more interesting way than himself.
Pretty words long time got boring and lame in this manga.

Still can't believe that Naruto managed to destroy Pein's image...
Old 2010-05-27, 09:16   Link #54
guenthar

From every time Naruto has communicated with Kyuubi it was always like he was percieving it with his mind and the fear Naruto had instilled in him towards Kyuubi was the reason why he percieved it as huge and menacing. By this point in the story he has lost that fear and so Kyuubi isn't so menacing anymore.
Old 2010-05-27, 09:26   Link #55
ragnos007

That joke on Yamato and yamatos response was totally epic . I want Naruto to play a prank on all of Konoha when he returns :P Approach Konoha in full Kyuubi mode, making the whole of the village panic and shit themselves. Then Naruto comes out of kyuubis nose or something like that and be like "Hey guess whats with the looks on your face...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I suppose this isn't a new realization on my part but...I think that the Jyuubi will be revived. That's got to be one hell of a fight. And the Kyuubi alone is such a bitch.
I came to this realisation a while ago. I'm just thinking of how it will be revived...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
You cant revive the Jyubi unless all the tailed beasts are combined which means Naruto would have to die and possibly have someone bring him back to life. which is cheap since this has happened before with Gaara.
Maybe they might get it out of that soul eating demon thingy (cant think of the name of it) that the 4th used to defeat the 9 tails in the first place. I dont believe that naruto will lose the kyuubi, that would be a harsh thing to happen since the whole manga is based around naruto and the kyuubi..... and sasuke.... But maybe they do take naruto and kill him by suckign out the kyuubi. Maybe in the end Naruto becomes the new Juubi Jinchuriki and not madara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Be prepared for Oodama rasenshuriken spamming
It would be cool if there existed any new jutsu for Naruto, even against Pain he basically used rasengan+kagebunshin, Kishimoto just keeps upgrading these few jutsu that Naruto knows instead of giving him a completely new jutsu.
I think that naruto using a Oodama Rasenshurikan would be pretty funny to see. He throws it then turns around and hauls ass to get out of the blast radius. Maybe morphs into Kyuubi to get out of there quicker. lol i wanna see that :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
It was very good chapter, but i can't but think that kyuubi still has some secrets left (somehow it would be weird if the most powerfull of all bijus to go down this easily), by his words it seams he suspected that Naruto will eventualy come to seek comlete control over his power.
I dont think that he has any more secrets about it... Just because he knew that naruto would come seeking to control him doesnt mean he would necessarily find a way to win the tug of war
Old 2010-05-27, 09:29   Link #56
Bombo
TSF Fans

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL HAHAHAHAHAHA YAMATO ROFL ROFL
I couldn't stop laughing about that part and laughing Be too LOOOOOOOOOOOL..That's damnt funny

A great chapter..I can't wait for next week.
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 09:52   Link #57
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
I liked it, but I think we already know that Naruto won't be sucked in by the Kyuubi completely... of course he will win the power struggle.
In fact, something like that would be more interesting if a tertiary character would have to do it. We'd be like... oh, that's his way to get out of the league of the average and underwhelming characters and that he could die here. Naruto is the protagonist. He won't die here.

The chapter was overall interesting and funny and I wonder why Konoha does not have a room to store the Kyuubi in order to get another container. In Konoha something like that might not even work since nobody seems to know the details about the Kyuubi there and it seems there hasn't been something like a tradition of keeping the bijou. It rather seems as if the Kyuubi had been lost to Konoha before and only Madara brought him back. They kept talking about a natural disaster and stuff while other villages preserved their bijou for decades.
Maybe it's just a turn of bad writing... Sharingan was related to Byakugan before, even a mutation of the Byakugan, but now they have nothing to do with each other... I just wonder what happened to the Kyuubi. It was originally the one bijou that belonged to Konoha.
Old 2010-05-27, 09:55   Link #58
iBeast

Pretty good actually...
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 09:57   Link #59
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
I liked it, but I think we already know that Naruto won't be sucked in by the Kyuubi completely... of course he will win the power struggle.
In fact, something like that would be more interesting if a tertiary character would have to do it. We'd be like... oh, that's his way to get out of the league of the average and underwhelming characters and that he could die here. Naruto is the protagonist. He won't die here.
Well, maybe Naruto will fail but somehow manage to survive? He'll then be a pseudo-jinchuuriki 'A la Gaara'. Don't forget Kisame is in the very room they're in. The last two hosts are at hand's reach and all he has to do is scoop them off the floor once they're done utilising all their energy and resources pushing and conquering the Kyuubi.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 10:05   Link #60
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
Well, maybe Naruto will fail but somehow manage to survive? He'll then be a pseudo-jinchuuriki 'A la Gaara'. Don't forget Kisame is in the very room they're in. The last two hosts are at hand's reach and all he has to do is scoop them off the floor once they're done utilising all their energy and resources pushing and conquering the Kyuubi.
No way.
It's clear that he will need the full power. That's the reason he got the key. It's everything or nothing.