User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Blackberry 9630 right now
I will be getting the HTC EVO 4G Friday
Old 2010-06-02, 02:48   Link #162
Icehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post
hmm nice.....where did you buy it? Do you buy it in stores in Canada or in China? coz i very seldom see Chinese mobile phones in stores around town.......I love those phones, they have 2 sim cards slots and wifi, things you have to pay a fortune to get with other manufacturers.
I ordered mine from "chinasaledeal.com". Tons of models to choose from and they have free shipping to US and Canada. Don't know of any place locally where you could buy them except for maybe some random shops in the chinese areas of Toronto or perhaps at the Pacific Mall in Markham.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 05:53   Link #163
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

i see....how much did you pay for it? including shipping fees?

I really want to get one of those phones with almost every feature you could possibly want. Similar looks (& names) to big-shot mobile phones, simple but practical inferface, TV (probably will never work if the NTSC/PAL systems are different), WiFi, Camera and dual sim dual online capability........(Please do check the Dual sim card system, older versions can only let one sim card standby, but the newer models make dual standby as standard......)

I am nobody, just a simple resource cabinet.....
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 14:48   Link #164
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
My battered baby:
Spoiler for shaky picture:

Sony Ericsson W580i. Poor thing hits the ground a lot. Don't want a new mobile until it dies on me. I would like one with all the new nifty internet functions, but I'm too stingy for the flatrates. I'll wait until they throw it at you for little money.

I'm also very attached to mine. I like the lights and the colour and every scratch reminds me of how much it's been through coming with me wherever I go.
Only thing I don't like about it, is that straps and key chains and the like don't hold on it. Have such a nice strap with coloured little bells ... they hang on my DS intead.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 21:04   Link #165
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I has a Droid.
Old 2010-06-02, 22:31   Link #166
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

If people are wondering, I got Android on my iPhone 3G
Spoiler for picture:

Wifi, Sound and calling works, but a lot of stuff still doesn't work, such as 3G, Bluetooth and Graphics Acceleration, although they are working on it.

There is another group that are working on Android for Nokia N900, but like with the iPhone port of Android, there is alot that does not work.
Old 2010-06-02, 22:49   Link #167
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I'm playin Pokemon yellow on my Droid.
Old 2010-06-03, 03:57   Link #168
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
My battered baby:

Sony Ericsson W580i. Poor thing hits the ground a lot. Don't want a new mobile until it dies on me. I would like one with all the new nifty internet functions, but I'm too stingy for the flatrates. I'll wait until they throw it at you for little money.

I'm also very attached to mine. I like the lights and the colour and every scratch reminds me of how much it's been through coming with me wherever I go.
Only thing I don't like about it, is that straps and key chains and the like don't hold on it. Have such a nice strap with coloured little bells ... they hang on my DS intead.
You haven't seen battered and bruised until you've seen my N80. Sadly, I left it at mum's. I might think about getting it soon.

That phone is beyond battered, to the point where it even seems to have operating problems. Earpiece, broken. Slide, broken. Aerials, not working as expected. Covered in scratches, scrapes and the like.....

And it still turns on, still lights up and still can access the internet....just.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Spoiler for picture:

Wifi, Sound and calling works, but a lot of stuff still doesn't work, such as 3G, Bluetooth and Graphics Acceleration, although they are working on it.

There is another group that are working on Android for Nokia N900, but like with the iPhone port of Android, there is alot that does not work.
Heh, you have to explain how you did it. Your website is down, I cannot view the photo
Old 2010-06-03, 06:03   Link #169
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Piss poor photo but my digital camera is less megapixels than my phone.

Just to show I've got a Fate/Unlimted Codes strap on my N900.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 12:14   Link #170
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
Heh, you have to explain how you did it. Your website is down, I cannot view the photo
The image can be viewed on this blog post: http://chikorita157.notcliche.com/si...-3g-now-works/

Anyways, it's a lengthy process that took me a whole hour to install. The installation process requires either Mac OS X or Linux to install the new bootloader that allows the person to boot into iPhoneOS or Android. I got the whole thing working in a hour without bricking the device.

The long step by step guide is here if you are curious.
Old 2010-06-03, 13:39   Link #171
Excelt
~One Knight

i have a nokia 6235
it's not a high-tech mobile phone, actually it's a little old, but i liked it
Excelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 22:19   Link #172
Agneyastra
Freshmeat

Send a message via MSN to Agneyastra Send a message via Yahoo to Agneyastra
Looks exactly like this Haha that is all I can say really... at least it is fairly acceptable, I don't like Touch phones...

Old 2010-06-03, 22:55   Link #173
Icehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post
i see....how much did you pay for it? including shipping fees?
As I said, the site has no shipping fee currently. After conversion to canadian dollars and the Paypal fee, it came to $125.28.

Quote:
I really want to get one of those phones with almost every feature you could possibly want. Similar looks (& names) to big-shot mobile phones, simple but practical inferface, TV (probably will never work if the NTSC/PAL systems are different), WiFi, Camera and dual sim dual online capability........(Please do check the Dual sim card system, older versions can only let one sim card standby, but the newer models make dual standby as standard......)
The Star X10 I got has dual SIM standby and all the others I looked at on the site had it too. Pretty sure the TV feature can decode both NTSC and PAL signals. In the options menu of the TV feature you select your locale and the UK is one of the available locations so it would have to be PAL compatible.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 23:14   Link #174
Theowne
耳をすませば

I have an iPhone, it's just convenient as a multipurpose device...

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 04:24   Link #175
TidusBlade
西瓜の騎士

Looks like I'm part of the group that hasn't caught up to the more modern phones Been using my Nokia 6630 for over 4 years now, and I couldn't be happier about it.

Dropped it at least several hundred times, almost once every day or two, and it still functions really well, just had to replace the battery once. Games are getting pretty stale on it though, played pretty much everything good on it and now I just it for the emulators. Awesome company, Vampent, has pretty good NES, SNES, GB/GBC and GBA emulators so at least I'm set on the gaming side for a LONG time ^^

And for emergencies, I use my mom's very old Alcatel one Touch, well at least it still works xD

Personally I don't get what's so great about most of today's phones, especially the touch screen ones. Seems everyone at my school has either a Blackberry, an iPhone or some other touch screen Nokia. Played around with my friend's iPhone quite a lot and I actually grew to hate it more, it has some good games, no complaints with it as a phone (they can all call anyways) but I always felt it was a little restricted with the on screen keyboard; emulators are hard to play with comfortable, same with many games and more complex applications, and any sort of typing takes a long time. Maybe I just need to get used to it or blame my big fingers xD Anyways, end(rant);
TidusBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 18:06   Link #176
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
My battered baby:

I used to have that phone. I loved it, it was a very good music phone too . Only down side is the fact that the keys break really easily, especially if you text a lot. Had to get mine replaced twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Spoiler for picture:

I saw a news article about iPhones with android OS and G1 features such as the scroll wheel thing. I'm assuming it isn't made in the US . I have to say, it's very cool, but I wouldn't give up certain functions on the phone just for the android OS.
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:44.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 06:18   Link #177
Qikz

I haven't had a new phone since my 3330 broke about 3 years ago, I've just never seen the need for one.

Would like to get an iPhone though at some point, surfing the internet properly anywhere seems nice. Plus you've got the addition of games for cheap.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 06:24   Link #178
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I have a Blackberry Tour. Watching live music videos off of youtube from anywhere is pure win.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 20:24   Link #179
P99

Currently, I have an LG Env2, but I am hoping to get a iPhone soon.
Old 2010-07-01, 03:47   Link #180
Mihara Yuki
I...I don't know...
*Fansubber

Send a message via Yahoo to Mihara Yuki
Well,im using W395 right now.

Before this im using K510i

I support Black Battler
Mihara Yuki is offline   Reply With Quote