AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-06-08, 04:32   Link #141
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Actually, counting just final evolutions, there are just as many Dragons (12) as Ghosts (12). Ice is a close runner-up, with only 13 (14 if you count Froslass and Glailie as two separate Pokemon).
Meanwhile there's like 70+ Water-types...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Tyranitar is probably more of a combination of a Tarasque and a Monitor Lizard.
Tyranitar is Godzilla.

Seriously, look at it.

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 06:00   Link #142
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
that still doesn't change the fact that there too many legendary dragons.
Dragons are legendary creatures, so having many legendary dragons makes sense from that perspective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
Likewise water being the most common element on the planet, so it makes sense that the most common type in the games is water.
Old 2010-06-09, 11:03   Link #143
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Likewise water being the most common element on the planet, so it makes sense that the most common type in the games is water.
Don't apply real-world logic to Pokemon. If you do, then people will retort saying there should be no Dragon, Ghost, or Psychic Pokemon.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 13:55   Link #144
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Too many damn legendaries with every additional region and add-on they smack onto the butt-end of this series.

They should have Mewtwo, Mew, the birds (Lugia, Ho-oh, Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos), and the dogs (Entei, Raikou, and Suicune) for the legendaries and leave it at that.

When they keep adding legendaries they cease to mean anything.

[Sarcasm]"Oh yay, I've got one of the 50 legendaries. Whoopie."[/Sarcasm]

While I love the new element combinations, I still think that everytime a new Pokemon is added the series is getting another nail in the coffin. They should stop trying to make up new Pokemon and try writing a more in-depth storyline and make beating Gym Leaders and the Elite Four more difficult. Or something that would add another level of challenge to a tired franchise.

I'm currently playing Pokemon HeartGold and I'm quite pleased with this remake of Pokemon Gold/Silver. They added nice content compared to other games, and while I found the Gym Leaders/Elite Four to be weak, I like the minigames and challenges. If they added more stuff like that in addition to a storyline that DOESN'T involve Team Rocket trying to take over the world, I might be more inclined to buy the newer games.

It still pisses me off that you can't buy evolutionary stones anywhere in the newer versions, though. I took that for granted in Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow (all of which I still have XD).
Old 2010-06-09, 14:10   Link #145
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Too many damn legendaries with every additional region and add-on they smack onto the butt-end of this series.

They should have Mewtwo, Mew, the birds (Lugia, Ho-oh, Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos), and the dogs (Entei, Raikou, and Suicune) for the legendaries and leave it at that.

When they keep adding legendaries they cease to mean anything.

[Sarcasm]"Oh yay, I've got one of the 50 legendaries. Whoopie."[/Sarcasm]
i think every region should have their own legendary but they went over board with dppt as it added 10 legendary instead of the normal 3 - 5.

Quote:
While I love the new element combinations, I still think that everytime a new Pokemon is added the series is getting another nail in the coffin. They should stop trying to make up new Pokemon and try writing a more in-depth storyline and make beating Gym Leaders and the Elite Four more difficult. Or something that would add another level of challenge to a tired franchise.

I'm currently playing Pokemon HeartGold and I'm quite pleased with this remake of Pokemon Gold/Silver. They added nice content compared to other games, and while I found the Gym Leaders/Elite Four to be weak, I like the minigames and challenges. If they added more stuff like that in addition to a storyline that DOESN'T involve Team Rocket trying to take over the world, I might be more inclined to buy the newer games.

It still pisses me off that you can't buy evolutionary stones anywhere in the newer versions, though. I took that for granted in Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow (all of which I still have XD).
I agree except Blue was still very strong at least compare tot he other. Can't believed Lance is the champ.

Also the Johto starter are weak, much too weak compare to other region starters.
Old 2010-06-09, 14:30   Link #146
Blaat

I definitely agree that there are too many legendaries. Regarding to the Johto elite four being weak to be fair you face them when you're half way through the game. I kind of wish that they would stop making the elite four single type trainers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Don't apply real-world logic to Pokemon. If you do, then people will retort saying there should be no Dragon, Ghost, or Psychic Pokemon.
Actually I believe water being the most common element is also 'canon' in the Pokémon world.
Old 2010-06-09, 14:34   Link #147
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I definitely agree that there are too many legendaries. Regarding to the Johto elite four being weak to be fair you face them when you're half way through the game. I kind of wish that they would stop making the elite four single type trainers.Actually I believe water being the most common element is also 'canon' in the Pokémon world.
Single types aren't the problem. I had a ton of trouble with the Hoenn and Sinnoh E4, the Johto E4 is just that easy. With Hoenn i actually had more trouble with the E4 then the Emerald Champ, Wallace. Drake took out more of my team then Wallace. With Wallace, i just needed one Raichu to take out his entire team.
Old 2010-06-09, 17:37   Link #148
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I definitely agree that there are too many legendaries. Regarding to the Johto elite four being weak to be fair you face them when you're half way through the game. I kind of wish that they would stop making the elite four single type trainers.
Me too. Now Blue (Viridian Gym Leader) was challenging as he used a variety of types, and you never quite knew what he was going to send your way next. But almost all of the other Gym Leaders were too easy to beat. Almost every single one I beat with a single pokemon (sometimes two if my first was too weak) that had type advantages, and I was one-hitting left and right.

I haven't played the games with the Sinnoh and Hoenn regions recently so I cant remember, but the Johto leaders are weak even considering that they are supposedly tailored to fit your Pokemons' level when you encounter them.

Kanto was challenging when I faced people like Janine and Blue (they were the ONLY ones that actually forced me to swap out pokemon - Janine because of confusion and Blue for type advantages), but trainers like Lt. Surge, Brock, Sabrina and Erika were too easy because you can literally get away with one Pokemon with the super-effective type.

Elite Four was a joke. The only danger I faced from them was running out of PP because I crushed them all with Ho-oh and Lugia.
Old 2010-06-09, 17:53   Link #149
Who

Cynthia's not so bad being the champion of the E4 in Sinnoh. She's got an arguably tougher lineup than Blue does. Thought she was a pushover at first until I ran into her Garchomp.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-09, 18:06   Link #150
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Cynthia's not so bad being the champion of the E4 in Sinnoh. She's got an arguably tougher lineup than Blue does. Thought she was a pushover at first until I ran into her Garchomp.
the complaint is on E4 and Gym leaders not the champ. But i agree Cynthia was hard to beat even when you knew what she had.

i rank the champs as follows

Cynthia/Red
Blue
Steven

I don't acknowledge either Lance or Wallace as champs.
Old 2010-06-09, 18:10   Link #151
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the complaint is on E4 and Gym leaders not the champ. But i agree Cynthia was hard to beat even when you knew what she had.

i rank the champs as follows

Cynthia/Red
Blue
Steven

I don't acknowledge either Lance or Wallace as champs.
Ah. But my definition of E4 includes the Champ (although I recognize your point; it'd be E5 then instead of E4); that's just how I say things.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 14:20   Link #152
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post

Tyranitar is Godzilla.

Seriously, look at it.
i always thought Godzilla should have been a a Ele/Wat type with volt adsorb. The big gets powerups form electricity and thunder bolts and lives on a island and swims around.
Old 2010-06-10, 20:52   Link #153
ChainLegacy
廉頗

They should make a Pokemon MMORPG with every region created thus far.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 21:11   Link #154
RisArk

Pure electric with levitate.

Do it already.
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-10, 22:43   Link #155
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisArk View Post

Do it already.
Rotom comes close.
Old 2010-06-11, 01:48   Link #156
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisArk View Post

Do it already.
What kind of demon is that...
Magnet Rise works if you need to do that.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 07:04   Link #157
RisArk

Then it'd only have 3 moves.

Rotom comes close.

I do love Rotom, but Tyrannitar just pisses me off nowadays.
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 07:42   Link #158
zette

So a new Pokemon was revealed in CoroCoro.

Spoiler for pic:

Chiramii. Probably the only Gen5 pokemon I like so far other than Tsutarja, the grass starter.

EDIT: Okay screw that, apparently there were more pokemon revealed. Here's the page in its entirety:

Spoiler for pic:

The top two are just fucking terrible. Also, the lady on the right is Professor Araragi (lol bakemonogatari), the region's professor and the first female one.

From serebii:

Quote:
# The Mouse Pokémon shown is said to be called Chiramii (チラーミィ). It is Normal-type, the Chinchilla Pokémon. It is 0.4m tall, 5.8kg. It's abilities are Cute Charm & Technician. It has a move called Sweep Slap (スイープビンタ) which attacks several times consecutively.
# The pig like Pokémon is called Munna(ムンナ). It is the Dream Eater Pokémon and is Psychic-type. It is 0.6m tall and 23.3kg. It has the abilities Forewarn & Synchronise. It has an attack called Telekinesis (テレキネシス) which makes the opponent float in the air.
# The strange dual cog Pokémon is called Gear (ギアル). It is the Gear Pokémon, is a pure Steel-type. It is 0.3m, 21.0kg and has the abilities Plus & Minus. It has a new attack called Gear Saucer (ギアソーサー) which attacks multiple times.
# The bird Pokémon called Mamepato (マメパト). It is the Baby Pigeon Pokémon and is Normal-Flying type. It is 0.3m and 2.1kg. It has the Super Luck ability or a new ability called Pigeon Heart (はとむね) which seems to prevent its Defense stat from lowering.

Last edited by zette; 2010-06-11 at 08:23.
zette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 08:41   Link #159
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
The bird pokemon has not been done before once.
Old 2010-06-11, 08:57   Link #160
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Oh wow, those just look awful. This series really needs to get off the 'add more monsters and regions every game' track and try something new. This is getting ridiculous. I love Pokemon and it could become so much more if every generation wasn't a carbon copy of the last one with another thousand poorly designed new Pokemon.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nintendo, pokemon black and white, rpg