Old 2004-09-10, 10:09   Link #21
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Tzurial 53
Old 2004-09-10, 10:14   Link #22
deathsvengeance
Dreams in Fear

1. Anbu_33

(I really like this, how her hair draws your eye to the text and the way the leaves are pink and stuff)

2. deathsvengeance

(I guess I'm tacky, but really, this is one of my favorite banners, who cares if I made it?)

3. Hellychan

(I loved this banner the first time I saw it, D.N.Angel is a favorite of mine, good job!)

Last edited by deathsvengeance; 2004-09-10 at 10:37.
Old 2004-09-10, 10:22   Link #23
Anbu_33

Send a message via MSN to Anbu_33
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
There was an awesome looking Mahou Shoujotai banner in here before, but I guess it didn't make the cut.
i hope you aint talking about my banner , seeing as i requested that it be taken of , it would suck if it was liked , damn im an idiot , hehe

hard to choose , some i really liked just dont know what anime there from , hehe ,anyways here it goes :
Mantidor - 33

Wandering_Youth - 57

ChibiDusk - 11
Old 2004-09-10, 10:27   Link #24
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Woah alot of nice banners, almost miss out this event entirely. I wished I can nominate more than 3, alot of them are very good, I have trouble choosing. Well here goes my nominations. ^^

Anbu_33 07

For coolness. I personally hate this character in Naruto but he looks great on this banner specially the background it's very stylist and fit the Halloween theme. Well it's something to consider since alot of people watching Naruto and the show still on going too.

Shin Kell 50

For funny expression. I love her laughing expression, it reminds me when watching hilarious anime characters. It's an aquired skill to keep that laughing expresion while sending ill will to your opponents. XD

Wandering_Youth 55

For mysterious. I have no idea what these characters from, but they look great. I love their costume and color scheme, it really stand out.

I wished I can nominate more, there are alot more that catches my eyes. ^^ That FMA banner look nice too. Hellychan 24 banner has a very interesting text definitely something different and very Halloween. I think the text itself is interesting enough even without the pictures or small anime pictures, the text itself can be it's own banner. I also like the Tsukihime banner, I like the Marimite banners, I like the Get Backer banner, Gin-chan and Dr Jackal great Halloween combo so many nice banners yet I cannot nominate anymore. >_<;;
Old 2004-09-10, 10:31   Link #25
deathsvengeance
Dreams in Fear

Arrow oopsy for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbu_33
i hope you aint talking about my banner , seeing as i requested that it be taken of , it would suck if it was liked , damn im an idiot , hehe
it was liked I was wondering where it went myself. There are lots of really great entries though.
Old 2004-09-10, 10:38   Link #26
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
gravitation 15

Heat 21

OMchan 39
Old 2004-09-10, 10:50   Link #27
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I nominate:

Ambience Blue - 05 - Because its' Acruied damn it! Although I much rather have Akiha. Hey, isn't Akiha Tohno's name in Japanese mean "Autumn Leaves"? If so, then why didn't anyone use her ? Akiha would've been the perfect girl for this banner because she symbolizes Autumn Leaves.

Hellychan - 24 - I like it because it's very Halloweeny.

OMchan - 39 - Actually all your banners are first class and worthy of display. So I just picked a banner that actually has a character I seen before.
Old 2004-09-10, 11:01   Link #28
ramune

My nominations:

ChibiDusk - 11

Hellychan - 23

Oneesama - 41

Old 2004-09-10, 11:07   Link #29
Reavl
Z.z.z.Z

Send a message via MSN to Reavl
I like kermikal-26
MidoriShinobi-35
Wandering_Youth-57
Old 2004-09-10, 11:25   Link #30
Jenichan
私のシモベ!

Send a message via AIM to Jenichan
my nominations are:

OMchan - 39
Hellychan - 24

aaaand...
ShinKell - 49
Old 2004-09-10, 11:29   Link #31
bunnykun
What is, what is?

Shin Kell #49

OMchan #40

Hellychan #24
Old 2004-09-10, 11:40   Link #32
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Hey, isn't Akiha Tohno's name in Japanese mean "Autumn Leaves"? If so, then why didn't anyone use her ? Akiha would've been the perfect girl for this banner because she symbolizes Autumn Leaves.
well, actually her name 秋叶 means exactly Fall Leaves so yup it could really match the theme of this contest... but I like Arcueid better myself anyway

EDIT: Opps, just realized that I'm not really sure if discussions are allowed in this thread... oh well...
Old 2004-09-10, 11:54   Link #33
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

OMchan - 39

Wandering_Youth - 55

Tzurial - 52
Old 2004-09-10, 13:00   Link #34
Ducati_nut

Ambience Blue - 05
Oneesama - 41
Old 2004-09-10, 14:27   Link #35
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

Nominations in numerical order:

Anbu 33 - 06

Chii!! So cute

Anbu 33 - 07

Orochimaru's so evil... his smiling visage is so creepy...

Hellychan - 23

Chibi Akabane!! Second best villain ever (after Dilandau).

I also liked Anbu 33's Mahou Shoujotai banner, but it's not listed. Would have voted for Hellychan's banner over that anyway, though.

Edit: Just read through the thread. Guess my 4th favorite banner had some love after all
Old 2004-09-10, 15:12   Link #36
Kens
>>

Anbu_33 #07 (really goes well with the fall theme and creative)

Shin Kell #49 (original and simple, nice tone of colors)

OMchan #38 (nice editing)

nice work
Old 2004-09-10, 15:35   Link #37
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

OMchan 39
Hellychan 24
Hellychan 22
Old 2004-09-10, 15:50   Link #38
mintyfresh
Altoid

Anbu_33

Mantidor

OMchan

mm hmm. i can defifinitely see each of these at the top of the forums. i'm comfortable with my votes.

Good Job to everyone who worked on these.
Old 2004-09-10, 17:20   Link #39
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'm starting to remember why I didn't want to run this contest again. Keeping track of everyone's banner entries aren't the hard part. It's the counting of the nominations that is tricky. Fortunately I've learned from last time and my system is better now. Also, I've got Opera. Opera has a notes feature that makes it easier to keep track of this. No more switching back and forth between browser and notepad for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsvengeance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbu_33
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
There was an awesome looking Mahou Shoujotai banner in here before, but I guess it didn't make the cut.
it was liked I was wondering where it went myself. There are lots of really great entries though.
I liked it also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrem
I also liked Anbu 33's Mahou Shoujotai banner, but it's not listed. Would have voted for Hellychan's banner over that anyway, though.

Edit: Just read through the thread. Guess my 4th favorite banner had some love after all
Wow! This banner was probably your most popular! I wonder how many other votes it would have gotten if you hadn't told me to replace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, actually her name 秋叶 means exactly Fall Leaves so yup it could really match the theme of this contest... but I like Arcueid better myself anyway

EDIT: Opps, just realized that I'm not really sure if discussions are allowed in this thread... oh well...
Feel free to talk as long as you are discussing about the banners. The contest is the topic.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-09-10, 17:31   Link #40
Anbu_33

Send a message via MSN to Anbu_33
damn , why are you telling me that now , since i didnt get any feedback in the past thread and i had more confidence on my other 2 banners (chii and Orochimaru) i decided to remove it so it wouldnt steal votes from those 2 , just didnt think anyone would vote for 3 banners from the same member , i hate myself right now , hehehe , so it has a samll fanbase , didnt see that coming , i guess when NoSanninWa told that he liked it i should sticked with it , too late .

ive also seen that omchans banners are really liked , well they should be there good , also kemikal has a good banner hope it does well .
Closed Thread

Tags
banner contest, contest