AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

View Poll Results: Durarara!! - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 28 47.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 33.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 8.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-12, 00:13   Link #41
JiffyGB
*snicker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCLemon View Post
I was actually expecting Shizuo to get up right afterwards and just mutter, "what a pain", before strolling off to the nearest convenience store for some super glue...

either way, he didn't seem very concerned about the massive amount of blood he was losing. That's Shizuo for you.
For sure, for sure, he took deep pen stabbings without even flinching....goddamn.
I'm picturing selty and shinra playing mom and dad for anri now. Ahhhh, perfect psycho family right there. Also that bunny guy slowly walking up to her and just carrying her off without a word made me laugh a fair amount...oh yeah...the drama. That was sweet, too.
Old 2010-06-12, 03:44   Link #42
Kafriel
Senior Guest

This episode was so weird, the first half had Dollars working together, more alive than ever, and then boom, disbanded...As for Shizuo's situation, I'm thinking that Izaya somehow ordered Horoda to do it, so that he could get Shizuo out of the way. Next episode should be revelations, I hope it will be slightly more dramatic than this one.
Old 2010-06-12, 03:57   Link #43
Crontica

Those bastards crossed the line, i have no qualms when Saika comes to cut their heads off. I'd start raiding their base with grenades.
Old 2010-06-12, 04:55   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Disappointed with the lack of Saika rape, Anri just kept getting swordblocked. But thanks to this, we saw her in bunny costume and pajamas so it's okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
This episode was so weird, the first half had Dollars working together, more alive than ever, and then boom, disbanded...As for Shizuo's situation, I'm thinking that Izaya somehow ordered Horoda to do it, so that he could get Shizuo out of the way. Next episode should be revelations, I hope it will be slightly more dramatic than this one.
As much as I hate this, it's probably the case. Izaya being behind everything bad happening is starting to get really boring. Actually, this whole arc is boring. It's pretty much just poor communication kills and there is no mystery in it, unlike in the previous arcs. We know most of what there is to know about the main characters, and the villain and his (silly) motivations have been revealed long ago. There's not much left to speculate on either... and this arc has also seriously been lacking in fun. Where the hell did fun characters like Kuzuhara and Shingen go anyway? They appeared in one episode and we haven't heard of them ever since. Some focus on Simon would also be nice.

Mikado and Kida are seriously killing my enjoyment of the series lately. At least it looks like Kida will get better next week.
Old 2010-06-12, 05:14   Link #45
Crontica

Meh the buildup is way past it's boiling point, there should have been a 3 day war already. It feels like im watching a cruel prank.
Old 2010-06-12, 05:57   Link #46
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Meh the buildup is way past it's boiling point, there should have been a 3 day war already. It feels like im watching a cruel prank.
Of course a wouldn't have happened yet when neither of the 3 leaders want to fight (in fact it's entirely the opposite). Mikado and Masaomi originally just wanted revenge on the Slasher and to protect their city, not a gang war, Izaya effectively distorted this and relied up tensions against both groups (one of which didn't even care the other until recently) by planting false information and manipulate each of the leaders insecurities and fears, ultimately driving control out of two of them and having everyone fighting each other in one giant mess while he profits with awakening of Celty's head. Even if his experiment fails he would have cause a large amount of damage for his own gain and gotten kick out of it anyway.

So, if everyone gives into bloodlust like Horada and co. he ends up winning while everyone else loses.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2010-06-12 at 06:09.
Old 2010-06-12, 06:51   Link #47
Shizuo
Bartender

Location: For my safety, I'm going to say Australia... Wait...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I swear if Shizuo dies I will have a funeral for him in real life
We'll need to hold a state funeral with a parade and everything. At least!

Seriously though, he better not die. The show just wouldn't be the same if he did.
Old 2010-06-12, 06:56   Link #48
RisArk

I really hope Izaya meets his end like Johan did in Monster.
Old 2010-06-12, 08:00   Link #49
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuo View Post

Seriously though, he better not die. The show just wouldn't be the same if he did.
Forget small things like states, we'll have to make it an international funeral!

But really it should be fine since we are talking about Shizuo. It'd take a lot more than that to actually kill him. At most this should just remove him from action for a short amount of time. Still it was pretty shocking to see him in that condition. Damn you Izaya! No doubt he was behind that since Shizuo has a talent for getting in his way.
Old 2010-06-13, 05:35   Link #50
raruku

did anyone notices? with this kind of conflict there's no way that celty will be the center of the wars (she act just like a babysitter for anri/mikado)

and the reason for izaya to create this wars is for celty to be the eye of storm (bla bla bla with that "what's it again?" theory)

no clue of how he'll accomplished his goal.
Old 2010-06-13, 07:56   Link #51
kitten320

When did he want to make Celty the centre of it all?
Old 2010-06-13, 08:04   Link #52
raruku

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
When did he want to make Celty the centre of it all?
Shingen suggest him and he seem to agree, plus, it's much more effective way for his theory to come true.
Old 2010-06-13, 10:59   Link #53
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by raruku View Post
did anyone notices? with this kind of conflict there's no way that celty will be the center of the wars (she act just like a babysitter for anri/mikado)

and the reason for izaya to create this wars is for celty to be the eye of storm (bla bla bla with that "what's it again?" theory)

no clue of how he'll accomplished his goal.
There is no need for the head to be directly involved. The idea is for Izaya to be the "winner" of a war. Thus, since he can't fight people head on, he created a war where he is the only winner, by manipulating all three sides.

Izaya has no idea if it works or not, it is just a test. And anyway he is having fun while doing it.
Old 2010-06-14, 03:50   Link #54
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Forget small things like states, we'll have to make it an international funeral!

But really it should be fine since we are talking about Shizuo. It'd take a lot more than that to actually kill him. At most this should just remove him from action for a short amount of time. Still it was pretty shocking to see him in that condition. Damn you Izaya! No doubt he was behind that since Shizuo has a talent for getting in his way.
I doubt Shizu-chan will die. Looking at his wounds, I doubt that a vital organ was damaged. Severe blood loss is a possibility, but that's a freakin' lame way of dying not suited for Shizu-chan. I do agree that Izaya was behind that attack, it won't surprise me if he controls the mafia like geezer from Yellow Scarves. I do salute Izaya if he managed to go through this plan of his without any other consequences.
Old 2010-06-14, 17:08   Link #55
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

There was so little buildup at all to Mikado's announcement that the Dollars would disband. Sure, he might have mentioned it in the previous episode, but in this one it just came out of the blue with hardly any emphasis. Makes me think there's a lot more to it than it seems on the surface.

In other words, don't count Mikado out just yet. Everyone should have learned by now that he's not someone you ought to underestimate.
Old 2010-06-14, 20:54   Link #56
balolmeep

I just find this episode really interesting, especially because of the emotions of the main trio. Anri is finally getting serious, and addressing the issue. Kida-kun is getting dark, and has me concerned. However, I find Mikado amazing. He's finally had the resolve to follow through. He's just on the verge of helping Anri out, because Mikado is finally realizing what is truly important, and not just playing a game, not just messing around in the rain, and not maintaining the Dollars. I can't wait to see what he does next.

Ne, Celty-nee-chan, I wanna be rescued too~♪ You and Shinra are so great!

Spoiler for Durarara 22:

Also, this episode seals it. I absolutely loathe the weak, stupidity, yet cowardice and bullying that Horoda's trio is. I absolutely hate them. And what's worse, they are predictable and pathetic.

Also, completely random question: Is Durarara gonna end in one season? Is there that much more of the story left, for anyone whose read the light novels?
Old 2010-06-14, 21:36   Link #57
Buddy Waters

Quote:
Originally Posted by balolmeep View Post
Also, completely random question: Is Durarara gonna end in one season? Is there that much more of the story left, for anyone whose read the light novels?
The anime covers the first three of eight novels (to date.) Plenty more material for potential later seasons.
Old 2010-06-15, 01:39   Link #58
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
all I can say is Shizu-chan please be alright
Quote:
hes a strong type of guy, I doubt he would die just like that. We are talking about Shizou-chan here!
This is Shizuo.

Shizuo Heiwajima. Who the hell do you think he is?! Besides I don't see him dying from any bullet wound... unless directed at the heart, throat, or head of course.

Quote:

Shizuo is the bone to his knuckles,
GAR is his blood, and steel is his body.
He has endured pain to throw dozens of vending machines,
but his hands will never hold anything.
So as he prays...

Quote:
I was actually expecting Shizuo to get up right afterwards and just mutter, "what a pain", before strolling off to the nearest convenience store for some super glue...
Sort of surprised he didn't.

Quote:
Damn you Izaya! No doubt he was behind that since Shizuo has a talent for getting in his way.
'talent'? No. It's a hobby. A hobby Izaya is very good at.

Quote:
I really hope Izaya meets his end like Johan did in Monster.
Never saw Monster. But I imagine it's gruesome.
Old 2010-06-15, 18:23   Link #59
Dia
Wanna be Dollars member

i hope shizuo will be ok
but if you think something happen to him when seiji put a pencil on his leg and hand? he just say i need a bandage, so a shoot absolutely not kill him >.< or i hope so...
Old 2010-06-15, 19:04   Link #60
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
There was so little buildup at all to Mikado's announcement that the Dollars would disband. Sure, he might have mentioned it in the previous episode, but in this one it just came out of the blue with hardly any emphasis. Makes me think there's a lot more to it than it seems on the surface.

In other words, don't count Mikado out just yet. Everyone should have learned by now that he's not someone you ought to underestimate.
This is what I am thinking too. At least I hope he has a plan.

And ugh those yellow scarves thugs are so annoyingly one-dimensional.