AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-11, 20:04   Link #21
spikexp

School days should be seen by everyone, even if it's not the best anime (ok, it's not even near), the anime should be watch for 2 thing, Makoto,and the ending.
Old 2010-06-11, 21:13   Link #22
Chrisjon
In 7/4 tyme

I will be the second to recommend Elfen Lied. It does have some romance in it obviously but, there is also a lot in the show that could potentially make you rage as well. Also Elfen Lied remains my favorite anime of all time. So yeah I definitely recommend it.
Old 2010-06-11, 23:00   Link #23
Divini
Senpai!

I second Marmalade Boy.

The main char's boyfriend could just simply do x, but instead does a,b,c,y,z, which just causes unnecessary angst, which I thought was dumb.
Old 2010-06-12, 03:52   Link #24
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Rage-inducing wangst? I second Suzuka and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (known in English as Rumbling Hearts).

Also, courtesy of my sometimes-tragic experience with shoujo manga, search at your convenience for:

Mayu Shinjo
Miki Aihara
Aoki Kotomi

(among others)

The works of these authors are very popular with certain segments of the huge shoujo fanbase, for reasons which you might find vaguely familiar -- namely, the wangst. Enjoy.

Finally, not so much anime or anything, and you didn't hear it from me (having not read the series, I can't vouch for the truth of the rumors or anything), but I heard the (in)famous Twilight series thrive on this stuff.

Personally though, I've developed an instinct for these types of fiction precisely just to avoid them. I'm curious how you could possibly want more when there are so many better things to watch and read. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikexp View Post
School days should be seen by everyone, even if it's not the best anime (ok, it's not even near), the anime should be watch for 2 thing, Makoto,and the ending.
Sometimes ignorance is bliss. It's like heroin, people don't say they "missed out" in life never trying it.
Old 2010-06-12, 05:57   Link #25
Kafriel
Senior Guest

If Twilight counts, I'll vouch for Irenicus, having read all books and watched both movies, I can safely say that wangst is the perfect word for it
Old 2010-06-12, 15:31   Link #26
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

school days for sure seriously best choice I would say.
Old 2010-06-13, 06:14   Link #27
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Oh man that would be a very very long list for me personally.

As for people mentioning twilight, I recently saw this.

Last edited by Poetic Justice; 2010-06-13 at 06:35.
Old 2010-06-13, 06:17   Link #28
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Oh well, whatever floats your boat.
I see what you did there.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2010-06-13, 07:28   Link #29
Seiryuu

It's not slice-of-life really, and it's not quite romance either, but if you're looking for Idiot Plot, I have two words for you: Cosmopolitan Prayers. It was a testament to the Triad's strength of will that they were able to sub the entire series faithfully. The entire show was made so that MOE could do a couple more stupid shows about how the show turned so incredibly stupid. The first of those, Smash Hit, was stupid but within acceptable bounds, but the second, Love Love?, is a school romance that almost makes CosPrayers look smart. I don't know if Bony Jellyfish is still around, but if he is find his description of these series.
Funny shows with stupid rage are fun, I'll admit. More to read reviews than to watch. But only when it's stupid rage for Idiot Plot shows. Be careful, because there's a lot of shows that call forth other forms of rage.
Closed Thread