081 - 090: Great... 34 26.36%
071 - 080: Very Good... 11 8.53%
061 - 070: Good... 6 4.65%
051 - 060: Average... 2 1.55%
041 - 050: Below Average... 2 1.55%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: You'd rather be watching Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals... 3 2.33%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-06-25, 04:27   Link #101
zaxthezax

I think the episode looks wonderful. This director who ignores shading for the sake of super-fluid animations is my favourite one.
I don't see how many ppl can't like this. It's an anime, abbreviation for animation after all. :P
zaxthezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 05:56   Link #102
filthydani

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermopyle View Post
So instead of getting owned almost immediately in the manga, they pushed it into an entire episode? Le sigh. Course, I don't really give a crap about Hinata as a character so the entire episode minus the end was pretty yawn enducing.
I dont understand posts like this one, i bet most of the people who cant relate to this episode don't have a girlfriend or something, and for the people who find the animation is bad, seriously? were you watching it in 240p resolution or something? Noobs

This episode was perfect in every way, and it has the best fillers in the entire series, and i think those flashbacks should have been in the manga too
filthydani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 06:00   Link #103
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxthezax View Post
I think the episode looks wonderful. This director who ignores shading for the sake of super-fluid animations is my favourite one.
I don't see how many ppl can't like this. It's an anime, abbreviation for animation after all. :P
Because watching paper dolls flapping in the wind isn't what I'd call entertaining.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 07:12   Link #104
blewin

This is a great episode if only Hinata could last a second longer in the fight. As for animation, the lack of shadows makes it kind of off...

but the episode is quite emotional. No other characters are brave enough or able to help Naruto except for Hinata. She's defeated but she's as much a hero as Konohamaru and Naruto. Thinking back on how shy she used to be, she's really come a long way. The new flashbacks are perfect complement to the mood. Hinata really shown be give more screen time!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 07:16   Link #105
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
No other characters are brave enough or able to help Naruto except for Hinata. She's defeated but she's as much a hero as Konohamaru and Naruto.
I think it's more like no other character is stupid and defiant enough to help him. Of course, in this situation, with two(?) Pains already down, some Konoha-nins might actually make a difference, but they probably don't know the exact situation like Hinata, who just didn't care to begin with and just went ahead.
Old 2010-06-25, 07:31   Link #106
darkmaster074
------

The animation quality was sucks ..

Spoiler for ......:
darkmaster074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 07:56   Link #107
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmaster074 View Post

Spoiler for ......:
It's always important NEVER to look too hard. In scenes like that, using your perifial vision is best for your viewint enjoyment. This happened in ep 143 too, despite it supposedly being a better quality ep.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 08:14   Link #108
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmaster074 View Post

Spoiler for ......:
The animation in that scene was awesome. Yes, the designs looked off model, but that's the style of the animator that did that scene. Enjoy it for what it is.
And besides that scene and the funny looking bullies, the drawings were great the whole time. Shading or not, I've never seen Hinata drawn so well before.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 08:43   Link #109
thirdlc

Say, the preview looks like Wakabayashi directed the next episode for the first time in six years since the legendary ep 133.
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 09:04   Link #110
james0246

^Yes, Wakabayashi directed the next episode...in fact, he was involved with everything but the screenplay.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 10:03   Link #111
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdatduck View Post
...or it could be that when people watch an episode they base their judgment on what the episode itself is about and not on how much of the manga is covered.
I have to agree. Lately, almost every anime is rated by how close it is to manga and spouting nonsense like ''this stuff isn't in manga'' or ''manga had done this differently''. Most of the discussions are made for comparing this two, not about content that happened, which I find irritating.

I don't read manga anymore so watching this episode for the first time was pretty good for me, shocking and enjoyable. Hinata was doing her best and they did the character justice. Naruto's silent reaction at the end was pretty epic. Looking forward to the next episode
Old 2010-06-25, 10:23   Link #112
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

While this is not occurring here, it's funny how some fans are saying this episode was blatant NaruHina propaganda. It clearly wasn't. The "I love you" part was far stronger and had more of an impact in the manga due to Naruto's reaction and having a whole page devoted to it. It was played as a "money shot" moment. The anime treated it more like an afterthought, without even a reaction shot from Naruto. There was more of an emphasis on Hinata's admiration for Naruto and his ideals. Which did capture the sentiment of the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
No other characters are brave enough or able to help Naruto except for Hinata.
That is not true. Shikamaru was the first to attempt to go help Naruto way before Hinata thought of it. But Kishimoto broke his leg to explain why he couldn't go to Naruto. Kiba, Ino, Choji, and a bunch of jounin are just standing around. But to be fair, they were told to stay out of Naruto's way, and don't know that Pain has Naruto pinned down. Sakura, who is getting updates from a Hyuuga, does know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthydani View Post
and i think those flashbacks should have been in the manga too
Nah, the manga handled it perfectly. The anime went a little overboard with the flashbacks to stretch out the episode. They were not needed in the manga where Kishimoto was able to convey the same feeling in only a few flashback panels. The only difference was the anime was able to develop Hinata's character more.

I will say that this arc(starting with episode 152), despite its animation problems, has added some great filler to flesh things out.

Last edited by DeDe; 2010-06-25 at 10:35.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 12:28   Link #113
Ero-Senn1n

There's one thing i don't understand in this episode: the hyuuga bodyguard with Hinata didn't have the seal on his forehead, how can that be? If he didn't have the seal then he is from the main family? But then why wasn't Neji's father in the main family too, since he was the brother of the head of the family.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 13:14   Link #114
BigGimp77

So I just watched the episodes from the last filler up unto this point. Couple notes.

Wierd Sasuke is losing vision already. I mean his brother had his eyes for what... 5-7 years atleast?

If Kakashi is truly dead (I dont read the manga fyi) then the way he went out was pretty lame. They have a wierd way of not coming out and saying "He's dead" although they are hinting at it. I mean for a pretty big character in the series you would think they would give him a better way of going out. I mean even Asuma's death was better played out. Maybe Kakashi's death was just brought down by Chouji, the worst character in any anime series ever, being involved. Kakashi could have just laid there and played dead (the bad guy didn't know he was alive) and then when Tsunade's slug showed up, told them any thing.

How long was Naruto training with the frog? It couldn't have been over a month could it? How can naruto come back after 3 years of training with Ero-Sennin and be totally lame, and spend one month with a frog and turn all Super saiyin. Why didn't he spend a month learning sage technique in the first place instead of spending 3 years not learning how to control the Kyubi?

And even despite Naruto's 'sage form,' he's still the same Shadow Clone-Rassengun rinse and repeat fighter. Kinda lame when we just had Sasuke and Ero-sennins battle with a ton of instersting techniques.
BigGimp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 13:18   Link #115
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
There's one thing i don't understand in this episode: the hyuuga bodyguard with Hinata didn't have the seal on his forehead, how can that be? If he didn't have the seal then he is from the main family? But then why wasn't Neji's father in the main family too, since he was the brother of the head of the family.
Obviously, they're a Main Branch member. Not much else to it besides that.
Old 2010-06-25, 13:35   Link #116
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Wierd Sasuke is losing vision already. I mean his brother had his eyes for what... 5-7 years atleast?
His vision just blurred for a second, it's not like he lost his light.
Quote:
If Kakashi is truly dead (I dont read the manga fyi) then the way he went out was pretty lame.
He died preserving information, same way Jiraiya died. On the matter of his life, Naruto mentioned feeling everyone's chakras in sage mode but he couldn't feel Kakashi's, and in Naruto, no chakra=death. That, and he saw his dead friends and talked to his dead father :P
Quote:
Why didn't he spend a month learning sage technique in the first place instead of spending 3 years not learning how to control the Kyubi?
Sage training requires a great deal of focus and is incredibly dangerous. Had Naruto tried back then, he could have been petrified pretty fast.
Quote:
And even despite Naruto's 'sage form,' he's still the same Shadow Clone-Rassengun rinse and repeat fighter. Kinda lame when we just had Sasuke and Ero-sennins battle with a ton of instersting techniques.
His taijutsu kicks ass without even touching, his chakra turns people to stone and he can throw a huge revolving mass of chakra that expands like a black hole. Wouldn't really call it lame...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 13:37   Link #117
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I wonder if Ko the bodyguard is suppose to be a branch house member? In the manga, he has light colored hair and his forehead is covered. The branch members job is to serve and protect the main house members. So it would make sense he would have been from the branch house since his job for all his adult life is to guard Hinata's life. But the anime changed his appearance somewhat and he lacks a curse seal making him main house.

As for Neji's father, that made no sense. Why couldn't Hizashi just be a main house member? Hiashi being born before him would settle who was the eventual clan head, but why did he get bumped to being a branch house member? Hanabi didn't get a curse seal. I mean Harry didn't get demoted to being a non-royal because he was born after William. I guess Kishi wanted to create the conflict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
That is not true. Shikamaru was the first to attempt to go help Naruto way before Hinata thought of it. But Kishimoto broke his leg to explain why he couldn't go to Naruto. Kiba, Ino, Choji, and a bunch of jounin are just standing around. But to be fair, they were told to stay out of Naruto's way, and don't know that Pain has Naruto pinned down. Sakura, who is getting updates from a Hyuuga, does know.
Now we can see who really loves Naruto. Hinata, Shikamaru, and...I am sure the others would have ran out there if they could. Sure. Pain is just lucky Konohamaru is busy.

But seriously, I am sure Sakura has her reasons for not running out there. Like she values her life. I mean Naruto is an okay guy, but he is not worth getting killed over. Now Sasuke...
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 13:45   Link #118
james0246

^No, Pain is lucky that Hanabi is busy (probably saving some small country from another terrorist organization). The little tyke would kick Pain's ass (just like she kicked Hinata's ass) from here to Budapest.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-06-25 at 22:06.
Old 2010-06-25, 14:04   Link #119
SuigetsuKun
Circus Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^No, Pain is lucky that Hanabi is busy (probably saving some small country from another terrorist organization). The little tyke would kick Pain's ass (just like she kicked Hinata's ass) from here to Budapest.
Psst... we are in Budapest...
And instead of trying to impose on your mind, you adjust yourself to your opponent like water pressing on an earthen wall. It flows through the slightest crack. Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing'. Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=83552&dateline=122831  7993
SuigetsuKun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 14:06   Link #120
yakumo-chan

Hinata love Naruto!!!

you know... if hinata didnt go in there naruto would have died..... you know.... extracting the kyubi will kill naruto right?

Tags
weekly episode discussion