AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-09, 01:11   Link #1
AmethystDuckie

Alchemy Circle Tattoo

Greetings everyone! Pleasure to meet you and such. I have a question for you all. I'm considering getting a tattoo of an alchemy circle. I was wondering if anyone has a rather crisp image of the State alchemist one (the one on Roy's gloves) and the one on Ed's hand. I'm not sure which of the two I want... I'd wade through the manga on my own, but my computer is hideous, so rereading would take me days. Any one out there who can help? Also, giving me explanations of what the two mean specifically is welcomed. Either/or/both... would be splendid.

Thanks!

~Duckie
Old 2004-09-09, 01:37   Link #2
Lunas
Enraged elf lover

Send a message via ICQ to Lunas Send a message via AIM to Lunas Send a message via MSN to Lunas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmethystDuckie
Greetings everyone! Pleasure to meet you and such. I have a question for you all. I'm considering getting a tattoo of an alchemy circle. I was wondering if anyone has a rather crisp image of the State alchemist one (the one on Roy's gloves) and the one on Ed's hand. I'm not sure which of the two I want... I'd wade through the manga on my own, but my computer is hideous, so rereading would take me days. Any one out there who can help? Also, giving me explanations of what the two mean specifically is welcomed. Either/or/both... would be splendid.

Thanks!

~Duckie
ed doesnt have one on his hand....
Old 2004-09-09, 01:45   Link #3
chImp

The only 'alchemy circle' I could think of is the one on Ed's jacket, which would (I believe) be Dante's alchemy crest.
Old 2004-09-09, 02:01   Link #4
Lunas
Enraged elf lover

Send a message via ICQ to Lunas Send a message via AIM to Lunas Send a message via MSN to Lunas
Quote:
Originally Posted by chImp
The only 'alchemy circle' I could think of is the one on Ed's jacket, which would (I believe) be Dante's alchemy crest.
there is a small simple one on the back of his auto mail he used it to escape barry the chopper.
Old 2004-09-09, 11:52   Link #5
AmethystDuckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunas
ed doesnt have one on his hand....
As it's just something I've been considering, I'm not too educated yet. (I like the principles of alchemy in general, and just want to go with something that has double meaning). Someone told me there's a reason why Ed can do the alchemy without doing the arrays first, and then someone else told me that no, it is not his symbol on his coat... partially the reason why Ive come here, to get some explainations ^_^
Old 2004-09-09, 16:57   Link #6
Antonik

Quote:
As it's just something I've been considering, I'm not too educated yet. (I like the principles of alchemy in general, and just want to go with something that has double meaning). Someone told me there's a reason why Ed can do the alchemy without doing the arrays first, and then someone else told me that no, it is not his symbol on his coat... partially the reason why Ive come here, to get some explainations ^_^
in the manga it because he saw the gate. I'n anime im not too sure but probobly the same reason. ( everyone who saw the gate doesnt need the circle)
Old 2004-09-09, 17:14   Link #7
AmethystDuckie

Quote:
there is a small simple one on the back of his auto mail he used it to escape barry the chopper.
What does that look like?
Old 2004-09-09, 17:31   Link #8
Antonik

Quote:
What does that look like?
go download a chapter of anime, its there. On the title page or something.

get it from here http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/
Old 2004-09-09, 18:09   Link #9
AmethystDuckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonik
go download a chapter of anime, its there. On the title page or something.

get it from here http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/
That's why I was asking here for a direct link to a picture. My computer is awful, and the firewall is even worse, so I cant download much of anything, beyond an image here and there... I used to have the manga, but dont anymore, since Im not on my friends computer.
Old 2004-09-09, 21:20   Link #10
Zicky-Chan
Little Grasshopper

Send a message via MSN to Zicky-Chan
i have one!

Quote:

Thanks!

~Duckie
I had been working lately on that so there it goes.....ups forgot to tell that its on constructions...the symbols are mising...so if anybody could tell me wich one they are....thanks
http://www.geocities.com/sakuracc2/Drawing1.bmp
Old 2004-09-09, 21:46   Link #11
Lunas
Enraged elf lover

Quote:
oh i was wrong it wasnt on his armor he made it on the chain binding him

this is what he scratched into the chains lets try this host
here

Last edited by Lunas; 2004-09-09 at 22:31.
Old 2004-09-09, 22:24   Link #12
AmethystDuckie

Quote:
oh i was wrong it wasnt on his armor he made it on the chain binding him

this is what he scratched into the chains
One, that wasnt allowed to be direct linked T_T Also... someone told me he does have a symbol on his auto mail also?
Old 2004-09-09, 22:28   Link #13
Lunas
Enraged elf lover

Quote:
One, that wasnt allowed to be direct linked T_T Also... someone told me he does have a symbol on his auto mail also?
actualy i drew that my self and apparently the uploader i used didnt like me linking it to this forum
Old 2004-09-09, 23:35   Link #14
Zicky-Chan
Little Grasshopper

Send a message via MSN to Zicky-Chan
Quote:
actualy i drew that my self and apparently the uploader i used didnt like me linking it to this forum
i would really like to see it!

Would it be wrong if i want to be hot chick so i can have so Girl on Girl action???
Old 2004-09-10, 02:07   Link #15
WristBandMan

there one on the official site.. not sure if big enough for you...
http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Animation/hagaren/

i suggest if you really want it big, get the official goods (like manga) and scan it
Old 2004-09-12, 15:03   Link #16
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Oh, no!
TWO threads about FMA-tattoos!
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=20372

Come on kids! Why get a tattoo? You know you'll regret in like 20 years! And isn't the ink kind of dangerous to the skin?
Old 2004-09-13, 01:17   Link #17
Kyon

Zicky- Your avatar& symbol post made me think...

Doesn't the particular symbol you posted look a lot like the Castlevania:Symphony of the Night save point?? :O

Sorry, I can't be more helpful, as far as tattoo stuff goes...

But it might be a good idea to watch the series before you get a tattoo that could be associated with it.
When I was halfway through berserk, I thought "WOW! A tattoo of Gatt's brand would be KICKASS!!"
Until they explained what it actually meant. Not somthing I'd want if only out of superstition.
Closed Thread