AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-04, 06:52   Link #161
Joe_fh

lol^^

That I'd love to see...so get drawing and cloring

And the topic is qutie interesting. Indeed Clarice has to play a role in future events. She is strongly connecnted with Miata but there has to be something special about her in the end. It's not normal for her to be a Claymore yet her hair color didn't even change completely. Sure after Pieta the standarts for becoming a Claymore might have been lower (though there's no reason for that to be true) but that is too susicious. You know...kind of like how awakened beings have their original hair color? Speaking of which how does that even work

Oh and why did the discussion about what was going on in this chapter in the previous pages suddenly end? Is everyone as confused as I am or are they just busy
Old 2010-07-04, 07:08   Link #162
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
l
And the topic is qutie interesting. Indeed Clarice has to play a role in future events. She is strongly connecnted with Miata but there has to be something special about her in the end. It's not normal for her to be a Claymore yet her hair color didn't even change completely. Sure after Pieta the standarts for becoming a Claymore might have been lower (though there's no reason for that to be true) but that is too susicious. You know...kind of like how awakened beings have their original hair color? Speaking of which how does that even work
From one of the male AB's (the one that commented on clarice) we know colour haired must of been expected at one time though were heavily looked down upon (perhaps the 3 AB's that did the first attack on pieta were coloured hair's which is why Isley said their losses didn't matter)

so its possible Clarice is what she is from all appearances rather than a secretly strong character the org needed to fill their ranks in quickly after losing so many claymores

regarding the hair I admit i'm not really sure about why they gain their normal hair colour when they awaken. From the lucelia fight we know that their human form is their default form but oh well guess it makes them easier to blend in with a human crowd and get their meals.
Old 2010-07-04, 08:35   Link #163
Newhope

I think Galatea had obviously come across claymores with coloured hair before, when she commented about Clarice's hair she said while rare they do happen from time to time there just to weak to be ranked thats all.
Old 2010-07-04, 09:30   Link #164
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Well I finally got 2 read the chapter. Man I luv this current arc. Its safe 2 say that this will be the final battle with Clare vs Priscilla. Wow discussing hair color agian, eh?.
Old 2010-07-04, 10:38   Link #165
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Oh and why did the discussion about what was going on in this chapter in the previous pages suddenly end? Is everyone as confused as I am or are they just busy
Hah! You know what, I was kind of questioning that myself .

Looks like the initial excitement is over and the 2/3 of the forum who only show up when their's a new chapter have departed back to Bleach and Naruto, leaving......us .

As usual .

As for why Awakened beings return to their original hair-color, it's no great mystery; the "metamorphisis" is complete, they are no longer "frozen", and everything they lost that the operation and status as a warror took, is back.

That's one of the great ironies: Awakened Beings are more human then the Claymores, and they aren't even human anymore to begin with.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2010-07-04 at 11:30.
Old 2010-07-04, 11:43   Link #166
Joe_fh

@evil_kenshin:
True having a "normal" hair colour as a Claymore has happened before and it's an indication of how weak one is. Kind of like this - they are so weak their fusion with the yoma flesh didn't even manage to change their hair color.
In Isley's case the first 3 ABs were quite powerful and he basically send them to assess the power of the warriors gathered there. They were like scouts but they got too carried away thus they showed that they couldn't follow orders properly meanin they weren't really needed. Also their loss didn't affect Isley's battle strength at all. At least that's what I think though I might be missing something.

On the second point - the MiBs wanted to get rid of all those Claymore. They weren't unexpected casualties meaning the MiBs were prepared for them and they had replacements ready. Otherwise it would have been an extremely stupid move
So the idea of filling their ranks with warriors like Clarice just for the sake of it seems weird.

Fact is we've never seen a ranked Claymore with a coloured hair before which means the Clarice's case seems to be an odd one.

And about the colur of the hair - maybe they retain the orginal one because they completely fuse with the yoma flesh. Kind of like how they can awaken parts of thier bodies at any time while preserving their human form after they completely awaken

@Newhope:
Well since coloured-hair-warrios appear from time to time it's natural for Galatea to have seen some. She was the Eye after all and she knew a lot more than others.

Point is that Claymores that are too weak get "scrapped" during their training. Since the fight a real yoma the weak ones ismply get killed. It might have been simply due to luck that she survived. I mean compare her to Clare at the start of the story. There's just a huge difference.
Also if Rubel was looking after her he might have done something similar to what he did with Clare - make sure she stays out of sight of the organization by looking too weak and replacable. Or I'm really overthinking things

Oh and speaking of the training there were a few interesting things I notice after re-reading it just now. Rubal could hold a Claymore with one arm without a problem yet these swords are supposed to be really heavy. The one who was conducting the tril could trow a "spear" from quite a distance (though that deosn't really mean anything) and he seemed to be able to read yoki. I mean he was outside the town and yet he was aware that the trainees were dying. Also Rubel remained undetected until he spoke which might have been because the other person was distracted by the battle.

@FormerAbyssalone:
I can't help it...I missed the last one

edit: Shiek, that's indeed true. Though I woud say they are still human since their capacity to love, hate and feel everything a human can remains there. They just don't age, are a lot harder to kill, they transform into something that looks beautiful in some cases yet they call it a monster...and the eat human guts from time to time I would alos say they are alos freed form the brainwashing in the organization and they have a better understanding of the world. Yet it seems the majority of them just go around eating guts :\
Old 2010-07-04, 13:43   Link #167
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Well, biologically-speaking they aren't human...

Trust me, I know how screwy it can get; What is human, or what is it to be human, is one of the questions we are intentionally supposed to ask ourselves.

It brings up what I heard in one of the songs of the Disney movie, The Hunchback of Notre Dame: What makes the monster, and what makes the man...I find those lyrics extremely relevant to Claymore; after all, we've seen monsters that are worse then the actual monsters, and humans more human then actual humans.

Questioning this stuff endlessly is part of what makes the story so much fun ^_^

EDIT: Nevertheless, my views on the matter haven't changed: if you were to personally ask me, If I had the choice, I would be like Riful and freely choose to become an Awaknened Being. The blurs between them and a human, even a warrior, is diminishing more and more and the drawbacks are disappearing. To me, the pros outweigh the cons without a doubt. Everything we know about AB's has come a long way since "Voracious Eaters" and simply being Yoma with stronger urges.
Old 2010-07-05, 00:29   Link #168
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
EDIT: Nevertheless, my views on the matter haven't changed: if you were to personally ask me, If I had the choice, I would be like Riful and freely choose to become an Awaknened Being. The blurs between them and a human, even a warrior, is diminishing more and more and the drawbacks are disappearing. To me, the pros outweigh the cons without a doubt. Everything we know about AB's has come a long way since "Voracious Eaters" and simply being Yoma with stronger urges.
The problem though is that you would be hunted especially now days in claymore to be turned into flesh for AF's

AB's used to have it good pre-pieta due to they weren't hunted normally but now their pretty much all dead.

Priscilla may be the last AB remaining.
Old 2010-07-05, 09:27   Link #169
gxy1069

the inconsistent one is back, haha

regarding the views on the faces of teresa, ophelia and clare, i agree totally, it's very logical, and just it isn't like claymore to be illogical/meaningless. that's one thing i like about it. lol, and priscilla doesn't even notice the faces(or that's what i think).

p.s. priscilla being the last AB? that's just sad. coz i dun think she's gonna live(((
Old 2010-07-05, 11:55   Link #170
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
The problem though is that you would be hunted especially now days in claymore to be turned into flesh for AF's

AB's used to have it good pre-pieta due to they weren't hunted normally but now their pretty much all dead.

Priscilla may be the last AB remaining.

I think you're underestimating the ABs. Remember that Miria, who was ranked 6th, along with deneve and Helen who were at least in the twenties(I think, don't remember for sure) and Clare had huge amounts of trouble with one awakened being. Though, in retrospect, if the awakened was female they probably wouldve had less trouble. So by basing calculations on that fight, I'd say that a team needs to consist of either a lot of claymore's in the 10s, or a single digit plus one or two decently ranked claymores. And if it was a male, it'd take more. Of course the top three or four would be able to go alone, but Alicia accompanies Beth or vice versa. After pieta, the org would have to rebuild all the way up to the 6th rank, awhich frankly leaves them shorthanded for a while. They wouldn't risk sending the the rest of the claymores in case something happens. So assuming the org was completely rebuilt, at one time, the greatest number of teams that could be out hunting nine teams. Granted, Alicia and Beth alone could handle all awakened beings, but since the actual size of the island is unknown as well as the population density of AB, we can't be certain that they couldve handled all of them in the seven years of time. Also, you have to take in the likely possibility that once the ABs realized they were being hunted, they would pose as humans and hide in remote places like where thr ghosts hid. Once this happens, only top tier yoki readers would be able to find them, and they would have to travel a lot as well. From here, the number of ABs hunted would drastically decrease.
Moreover, it would be easier for the org to force their own claymores to awaken and use their flesh instead of sending out so many claymores to hunt for ABs. And would it not be possible to use dead AF flesh as well as AB flesh?
In conclusion, while I agree that the number of ABs are a lot less than pre pieta, i think there are still some ABs who are in hiding.
________
Ipad accessories

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 06:12.
Old 2010-07-05, 12:36   Link #171
Joe_fh

What you say sounds pretty good. However, the MiBs seem to be really givin their all to hunt down all ABs. Dee's team was really bad yet they were sent to deal with that AB. Same case with the Claymores in the north which were sent after the 7-year time skip. So even if they lose a lot of Claymore in the process they are going all out. The fact that a No2 (as far as I remember...or was it 3? ) had to go to Rabona just to be on the safe side is an indication how serious things were.
And form the bonus chapter with Clare we could see that the MiBs have a lot more Claymores than the 47s at any given time and no matter what happens the storgest warriors are always on a similar level to their previous counterparts.

Also I think that if the MiBs can make AFs go after specific targets they can use them on the continent as well which would require even more AB flesh. After all they aren going after a single target but a lot of them thus they need greater numbers.
Also the majority of the strong ABs were with either Isley or were killed by Riful when they refuse to join her and thus they were prety much wiped out. Sure some of the storger ones remained byt not that many. Basically even if Prissy isn't the last AB she is the last one that can actually do something and be considered a therat(disregarding the fact that she is the storgenst)
Old 2010-07-05, 16:19   Link #172
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Well I finally got 2 read the chapter. Man I luv this current arc. Its safe 2 say that this will be the final battle with Clare vs Priscilla. Wow discussing hair color agian, eh?.
It could be the final battle between the two, but in some ways that could be a bad thing. Quite frankly, no matter who else there is left to fight, it'll be difficult to match the emotional involvement of Claire vs Priscilla. So the remaining fights might feel a little anticlimatic. I know some people felt that way in Eyeshield 21 after the game against the Ojo White Knights.
Old 2010-07-05, 21:52   Link #173
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
It could be the final battle between the two, but in some ways that could be a bad thing. Quite frankly, no matter who else there is left to fight, it'll be difficult to match the emotional involvement of Claire vs Priscilla. So the remaining fights might feel a little anticlimatic. I know some people felt that way in Eyeshield 21 after the game against the Ojo White Knights.
Yes none of the battles will be more emotional than what this one will be. But maybe we will get 2 see the dragon kin after this, I been waiting 2 see them and also see what happend with Raki.
Old 2010-07-05, 21:53   Link #174
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
I'm not so sure this will be the end because it will be ill timed and as you said, the emotions invoked because of them. Clare's relation to Priscilla is much more entertaining, attractive, fun, enjoyable, etc. than Raki.
Old 2010-07-05, 22:02   Link #175
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I'm not so sure this will be the end because it will be ill timed and as you said, the emotions invoked because of them. Clare's relation to Priscilla is much more entertaining, attractive, fun, enjoyable, etc. than Raki.
the problem with the Clare and Raki side is they haven't seen each other in 7 years so while there would be emotions of course it would be less than between Clare and Priscilla (As clare has been brooding vengence for many years and Priscilla after the scent of Teresa).

just like with Raki would have more emotions in regards to Priscilla than Clare (due to spending 7 years with Priscilla).
Old 2010-07-05, 22:14   Link #176
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Talking

Well atleast we know that Clare has a chance aginst Priscilla now. Clare being absorbed was the only way she could fight with Priss. QOB Clare could not have defeated Priscilla.
Old 2010-07-05, 22:20   Link #177
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
the problem with the Clare and Raki side is they haven't seen each other in 7 years so while there would be emotions of course it would be less than between Clare and Priscilla (As clare has been brooding vengence for many years and Priscilla after the scent of Teresa).
well if clare sees raki gettin' killed in front of her.. it'd be way more extreme methinks.
Old 2010-07-05, 22:24   Link #178
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
well if clare sees raki gettin' killed in front of her.. it'd be way more extreme methinks.
After this chapter, I doubt Priss will get anywhere near Raki, after Clare and Priscilla get done killing each other.o_o
Old 2010-07-05, 22:28   Link #179
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

i don't think prissy will die. prissy, clare and raki will all meet again later on. if clare uses the destoryer to beat prissy, it'll be cheap way of doing it. >.>
Old 2010-07-05, 22:49   Link #180
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
i don't think prissy will die. prissy, clare and raki will all meet again later on. if clare uses the destoryer to beat prissy, it'll be cheap way of doing it. >.>
I think people are jumping the gun with this whole Claire/Raciella thing anyway, it may not even happen like people think .

I don't think Priscilla will die anyway, it would honestly be anticlimatic and kind of weird when their is so much intense action going on right now, like her death is the cherry on top of the rushed action going on.

Their's so many ways this story can go on, but I honestly don't want it to go down like that.