AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-07, 16:54   Link #41
seiji_kun

I don't find that's a face to make cause he found about a new bounty on Luffy's head. He really seems in deep shock like there's something waiting to happen to Luffy again. And he's reading the newspaper, not just looking at a single page bounty poster so I'd be surprised if it is a bounty. Also why should Chopper be surprised that Luffy would get a bounty increase after beating Moria, hitting a tenryuubito and reading what he did during the war? Though I do want to see Luffy's new bounty eventually.
Old 2010-07-07, 16:57   Link #42
Xacual

I was thinking it was surprise over a bounty because if all he knew from the newspaper was that Ace and Whitebeard had died then it probably didn't mention the fact that Luffy was even there or the breakout of Impel Down or anything to that end. So the fact that the new newspaper has Luffy getting a huge bounty raise might be a surprise. I'm assuming that at least Usopp and Choppeer didn't have access to the live broadcast because of the islands they were on.

Since the World Government likes to hide details that makes them look bad.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-07-07, 17:12   Link #43
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Doubt it. He'll become proficient at using it, but not to the point where he has attained full mastery. Remember, he's going to stay on Amazon Lily for two more weeks before departing back to the archipelago. There's no way Luffy should be as adept at using Haki as Rayleigh during that short time frame.
Ichigo learned bankai in 3 days; Naruto learned Kage Bushin in 3 hours; Gin learned nen in a few days (then mastered it in 2 1-month periods); Jojo learned hamon in a week; Zoro learned how to cut through steel in 5 minutes (I'm somewhat facetious with this one); Luffy learned soru in an afternoon; etc. Honestly, Luffy not learning and becoming above-average with his haki in 2 weeks would be more outlandish and unusual...

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Ussop's dream is to become a brave warrior of the seas, I'm sure this island is to help him build courage more than anything.

Being fat and facing all these dangers will train him in his stamina and endurance, he will be much better at running and moving around when he returns to his normal weight.
So...Usopp is going through weight training .
Old 2010-07-07, 17:14   Link #44
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well I like my nonsense and Boa being dere dere is nonsense to me and I loved it!

Her only focus being Luffy and delayed response to Ray was really just great chuckle.

I love the venus fly trap island, thats simple yet creative thinking.

looking forward to the rest of crews and what this news is.
Old 2010-07-07, 17:14   Link #45
AceD
See You En' Tee

I think it's the bounty, it's dew after his recent actions and the world now knowing he's the son of Dragon...after all, Chopper only knows a bit about the war and Ace dieing, he doesn't know what Luffy has been up to.

So bearing in mind Chopper is oblivious, if the bounty has gone up a lot...he would be shocked o.o

If so, hopefully we shall see some bad ass bounty hunters in the New World.
Old 2010-07-07, 17:19   Link #46
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Ichigo learned bankai in 3 days; Naruto learned Kage Bushin in 3 hours; Gin learned nen in a few days (then mastered it in 2 1-month periods); Zoro learned how to cut through steel in 5 minutes (I'm somewhat facetious with this one); Luffy learned soru in an afternoon; etc. Honestly, Luffy not learning and becoming above-average with his haki in 2 weeks would be more outlandish and unusual...
My point is that people shouldn't expect Luffy to become a pro at utilizing Haki so soon. And I'm certain that not everything can be taught to him. He's probably going to have to experience some things for himself in order to get a better understanding of it.
Old 2010-07-07, 17:37   Link #47
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Maybe we should talk again about Kuma's power.
As I understood the scanlation I read, Kuma didn't tell Rayleigh were he sent the crew, but just that he teleported them away. The rest did Rayleigh guess alone. This leads to the assumption, that Kuma has no control and no knowledge on where he is sending someone.
You misread. Kuma told Rayleigh exactly where he sent Luffy, and from there Rayleigh deduced that Luffy's most likely hiding place would still be Kuja Island.

Kuma knows exactly where he punts people, because if he couldn't control it then he would not be able to use half the powers he has displayed.
Old 2010-07-07, 17:51   Link #48
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
But then the whole explanation of Rayleigh, that he tracked back Luffy's and Boa's steps doesn't make any sense.
Thats where Shakky comes in, she was spot on about what Boa would do and Ray followed that lead.
Old 2010-07-07, 18:06   Link #49
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Chopper might be shocked at the fact that Luffy is M.I.A. isn't that how the marines are treating him right now?

I do wish its new bounty poster. Defeating Moria, punching celestial dragon, busting out most of impel down including 2 ex ShichiBukai and a member of the revolutionary army, creating a large enough distraction that the warden is taken out of commission, surely deserves luffy to have at least a 500,000,0000 bounty.
Old 2010-07-07, 18:08   Link #50
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
^That way, Chopper wouldn't have said "again". I too think it's the bounty raise. I'm eager to see what Rayleigh's idea was, though. Is he going to train Luffy?
Old 2010-07-07, 18:23   Link #51
marvelB

BTW, forgot to mention this before, but it's great to see Margaret's gang again. Maybe we'll finally see them hang out with Luffy again during his recovery/training period.....

Anyways, it's pretty interesting to see how Oda's handling the Straw-Hat's situations so far. Chopper had relatively little trouble leaving his island, while Usopp is pretty much stuck in a death trap. I guess it's possible that only SOME of the crew will make it back to Sabaody in two weeks' time, while the rest will have a longer, rougher journey......
Old 2010-07-07, 18:34   Link #52
Somnus
Eh?

Great chapter as usual. Though I do want to know what Rayleigh's idea was.

To add in a completely obvious statement, Rayleigh is a beast. I can only imagine how strong Roger was.
Old 2010-07-07, 18:45   Link #53
ashesatdusk

Quote:
Anyways, it's pretty interesting to see how Oda's handling the Straw-Hat's situations so far. Chopper had relatively little trouble leaving his island, while Usopp is pretty much stuck in a death trap. I guess it's possible that only SOME of the crew will make it back to Sabaody in two weeks' time, while the rest will have a longer, rougher journey......
If your right, its absolutely possible to continue the journey and have them catch up later, because of the Vivre card.
Old 2010-07-07, 18:52   Link #54
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

It's not like Luffy is going to set off for the next half of the Grand Line without his friends. He'll wait for them. He has to. They'd be incapable of catching up otherwise.
Old 2010-07-07, 19:08   Link #55
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Quote:
Monkey-chan's so cool, after all!
Geez~ Luffy sure has it easy attracting the woman, specifically the older ones. Incoming Shakky doujins

Since we learned that the sisters were under the care of not only Nyon, but Rayleigh and Shakky. Does that mean the sisters learned Haki from Rayleigh? Or at least be able to control it unlike Luffy who can only do it when in rage.
Old 2010-07-07, 19:12   Link #56
ashesatdusk

Quote:
Luffy sure has it easy attracting the woman, specifically the older ones
given that he can stretch and inflate any part of his body is it a wonder that he's a hit with ladies.
Old 2010-07-07, 20:27   Link #57
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Rayleigh's idea ...

The gut reaction of most, if not all of us, is "training", but this series has a habit of throwing total curveballs (like that new character with Sanji's bounty poster face) out of nowhere. I'm actually hoping it's something different from training.
Old 2010-07-07, 20:39   Link #58
Slayerx

Quote:
But then the whole explanation of Rayleigh, that he tracked back Luffy's and Boa's steps doesn't make any sense.
If i'm reading it right...
-Kuma tells raylieh he wants to help Luffy
-Kuma later goes to raylieh and give him more details of where he sent Luffy
-This brought up obvious worry in rayliegh, and that's where shakky said it works out fine if Boa fell in love with Luffy
-I don't think Kuma nor raylieh expected Luffy to enter the war...
-After finding out Luffy's involvement, Raylieh was able to find out that Boa left the war at the end trying to track down Luffy... that or he realized Luffy and Boa left in the same general direction
-it's from there that he figured that Luffy would end up back on kuja island

The only real problem there is that Kuma didn't know Boa like Shakky does... as such it was a pretty big gamble to send him to Kuja of all places...
perfect place for a wanted man to hide from the gov't, but their survival is at HIGH risk
Old 2010-07-07, 21:25   Link #59
DonnVall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
If i'm reading it right...
-Kuma tells raylieh he wants to help Luffy

The only real problem there is that Kuma didn't know Boa like Shakky does... as such it was a pretty big gamble to send him to Kuja of all places...
perfect place for a wanted man to hide from the gov't, but their survival is at HIGH risk
I think Kuma really wanted Luffy to learn Haki. In Amazon Lily, even third grade warriors have good Haki skill.
Old 2010-07-07, 21:29   Link #60
DonnVall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
He may have just been talking about the first act. One Piece seems like it's heading into it's "Z" act where a lot of things will change.

His unique abilities amongst the crew justify him joining the top 4. Franky, Chopper, Nico Robin, Nami, and Brook have support abilities where Usopp is supposed to be primarily a combatant like Zoro and Luffy.... (since they're aren't trained in medicine, archeology/anthropology, navigation, engineering, cooking, and old school piracy).

Luffy is good at brawling. Zoro is good at slicing stuff up and taking damage. Usopp is good at blowing stuff up and taking tons of damage (does lying and BSing actually count as a support skill?)
Luffy once said that he can't navigate (why he needs Nami), he can't use swords (why he needs Zoro), he can't cook (Sanji here), and can't lying. So I guess, at least to Luffy, lying and BS-ing count as support skills.

lmao
Closed Thread