Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-07, 21:40   Link #61
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
The only real problem there is that Kuma didn't know Boa like Shakky does... as such it was a pretty big gamble to send him to Kuja of all places...
perfect place for a wanted man to hide from the gov't, but their survival is at HIGH risk

And yet sending Usopp of all people to a flytrap island that regularly eats sea kings is somehow less of a gamble than Luffy's location?
Old 2010-07-07, 21:51   Link #62
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Maybe Kuma not only sent Luffy, but all the strawheads to the perfect location for each of them to get stronger intentionally. I just don't get why the revolutionaries thought the mugiwaras would support them. The fact alone that they are pirates doesn't mean that they are actively fighting the marines, but then again, they declared war on the world government. However, maybe it's just due to Luffy being Dragon's son. Anyway, now after Rayleigh's and Luffy's conversation, I guess they pretty much agreed on cooperating. As far as I know, they hadn't done that before, at least not for the time after Ace's supposed rescue.

I think there are many other pirate crews who agreed on aiding the revolutionaries, though. They are slowly building an army and are waiting for the right moment to strike.
Old 2010-07-07, 21:56   Link #63
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Just read the issue. What is Hancock planning? Is she going to propose right there? Hilarious.

Rayleigh mentioned Hancock's infatuation looked familiar. What's he talking about?

Chopper's enlightenment involved him gaining self confidence and negotiating/diplomatic abilities. He brokered peace between the birds and natives.

Usopp is getting some pretty hardcore training compared to the others. He's fighting off giant monsters, avoiding the islands appetite, and running around at full speed trying to get out off the island while blowing the hell out of it and weighing about 600 pounds. He's gaining speed and power and fighting off beasts with his bare hands and slingshot. It seems like he's learning budo through sumo. As he's one of the 3/4 (in you include Sanji) brawling meatheads, I wish he becomes one of the top 3-4 fighters in the crew. The drawings of his battles make him look very fierce.
Old 2010-07-07, 23:18   Link #64
Gin
*Artist

Why did Oda waste time showing Ussop and Chopper? I want to find out what Sanji, and to a lesser degree, Robin are up to.
Old 2010-07-07, 23:29   Link #65
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Why did Oda waste time showing Ussop and Chopper? I want to find out what Sanji, and to a lesser degree, Robin are up to.
Next chapter and the few after that will deal with them, no doubt. Just be patient.
Old 2010-07-07, 23:43   Link #66
DonnVall

Quote:
Let's see... You know Sanji, right? You know that he's on okama island, right?Have you heard of "save the best for last"?

I think even the best buggy moment could not beat this one..
Old 2010-07-07, 23:43   Link #67
pampz21
ShipCore

new bounty...... wooooooooooooooh!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-07-08, 00:40   Link #68
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I wonder if Iva has reached hiers kingdom. If Oda is going to show what every other character is doing then I hope we get some nice scenes from where Sanji is (those are the ones I am most interested in, well, maybe we can get a bit of Brook too). The other strawhat I am wondering the most is Zoro. As he is pretty much trapped with a useless girl, he cannot rely on much, considering he cannot even rely on himself.

Robin, Nami, and Franky are in lucky positions considering the special people they are with or islands they are in. But considering Usopp we haven't really seen much either. (of course there is also the neverending matter with Buggy...)

Anyways, this chapter presented some nice connections, making me think, maybe Boa's sisters have already met with Hachi. It won't add much, since he wishes for a peaceful life, but would be a feel good addition.
Old 2010-07-08, 01:56   Link #69
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I interpreted this situation in another way:
  • Kuma told Rayleigh, that he helped Luffy's crew, but he couldn't tell him where he sent them (because he may not know himself)
  • Then Rayleigh notices, that Luffy took part in the war against WB and he gets to know, that Luffy wrecked Impel Down beforehand. He then concludes, that Luffys way was exactly the same way Boa took, and therefore knows, that the plae Kuma sent him was Amazon Lilly. (IMHO this whole „I tracked back the steps“-part is absolutely unnecessary, if he knew from the start, that Luffy was with Hancock)
  • In his talk with Shakky they come to the conclusion that Boa must have fallen for Luffy and for this reason took him back to their Island again
Which is still wrong. Kuma knows exactly where he sent them, otherwise what are the odds of them landing exactly where they need to be to get stronger? Yes, Kuma can determine where to send people.
Old 2010-07-08, 02:26   Link #70
darry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesatdusk View Post
Chopper might be shocked at the fact that Luffy is M.I.A. isn't that how the marines are treating him right now?

I do wish its new bounty poster. Defeating Moria, punching celestial dragon, busting out most of impel down including 2 ex ShichiBukai and a member of the revolutionary army, creating a large enough distraction that the warden is taken out of commission, surely deserves luffy to have at least a 500,000,0000 bounty.
He got +200 for nothing. This Time its a bit more ! giev him 750.000.000

but who knows what its realy gonna be that left Chopper shocked on his Airplane
Old 2010-07-08, 07:48   Link #71
janipani

Boa is soon planning wedding ceremonies.

Everything lets me assume that we are passed 3/4 of One piece. I hope I am wrong, but isn't it always a little bit like that - at first comes the gathering then familiarising, developing and then we need some thrills and break down the group will fall apart after which comes reunion and short recovering and final battle.

Okay.. I took some short cuts there. But for example FF6, first you meet everyone and get to know them and their backgrounds and once you think they are unbeatable strong group (nakama) they are forced to fall apart and everything seems desperate, which after they meet up again stronger than ever and then comes final battle xD

sorry my sucky English

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2010-07-08, 07:55   Link #72
Slayerx

Quote:
I interpreted this situation in another way:
  • Kuma told Rayleigh, that he helped Luffy's crew, but he couldn't tell him where he sent them (because he may not know himself)
  • Then Rayleigh notices, that Luffy took part in the war against WB and he gets to know, that Luffy wrecked Impel Down beforehand. He then concludes, that Luffys way was exactly the same way Boa took, and therefore knows, that the plae Kuma sent him was Amazon Lilly. (IMHO this whole „I tracked back the steps“-part is absolutely unnecessary, if he knew from the start, that Luffy was with Hancock)
  • In his talk with Shakky they come to the conclusion that Boa must have fallen for Luffy and for this reason took him back to their Island again
Thing is we have Kuma talking to Rayleigh twice... the first time in the middle of battle where we are certain that Kuma told Rayliegh he wanted to help the strawhats... the second time, is presumably later at his house, where the only thing we are certain is the kuma told him that he doesn't have much time left... frankly i'd imagine Kuma would tell rayliegh more than that, and thus tell rayliegh where he sent the crew members
Old 2010-07-08, 11:47   Link #73
Rainbowman

My review:

Rayleigh arrives to Amazon Lily by swimming, we find out that Shakky knows how stubborn Boa Hancock really is, and Usopp and Chopper recieve news about Ace's death. To note on Usopp's weight gain, he's going to need serious lyposuction- possibly from Chopper.
Old 2010-07-08, 12:02   Link #74
marvelB

Quote:

Why would he not show them? Besides, Fatsopp is awesome!
Old 2010-07-08, 12:07   Link #75
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Besides, Fatsopp is awesome!
Sure he is, though i hope he loses weight by the time he meets the gang, or the jokes are never going to stop.
Old 2010-07-08, 12:12   Link #76
Slayerx

y'know there is one thing that i was thrown off about in this chapter... Namely Raylieh leaving his card with Shakky... if i recall, aren't the vivre cards supposed to hone in on a person? shouldn't the cards be always pointing towards rayliegh and tracking his life... I don't think they were supposed to focus in on a card rayliegh had in his possession

As for Rayliegh's plan...
My guess is that Rayliegh is gonna suggest that Luffy hold back on seeing his crew... he will stay on Kuja and train to harness his haki... he needs to lay low while things cool down, and he has to build up his strength so that he can stand against the kind of might the marines will be sending at him (so as not to repaet what happened last time)... after a few months (lol timeskip), then Luffy will head out to rejoin his crew

Chopper may be on his way, but we got no idea how long it will take him to find his way back to shakky's place... Ussop still hasn't gotten off the island he's on, so it could be a while before he gets going... we don't know the rest, but some could take a while. If the anime fillers are any indication, Nami is taking the slow way (though she'll probably want to speed things up when she hears about Luffy)... All in all, as fast as they might want to reunite.
Old 2010-07-08, 13:04   Link #77
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
That is, If he himself even knows where he sent them.
We basically have no idea on how this part of Kuma's power works. Maybe Kuma just thinks something like „go to a place where you get stronger”, without actually knowing where this place is.
What about the mysterious question he asked Perona before sending her away?
We know exactly how the power works. He hits them and they're sent flying in a protective pocket of air until they reach their destination three days later. He asked Perona where she'd like to go, and once she told him he sent her to a place matching her description.

He knows where he's sending people, because if he didn't there's no way in hell Rayleigh would ever have found him. Rayleigh even says outright that he knew to come to Kuja Island because that's where Kuma sent Luffy in the first place. After that Shakky deduced that Luffy would have gone back after the war.
Old 2010-07-08, 13:08   Link #78
Kallen4life

Hancock is so moe moe .. her scene with Jinbei = awesome

Law & Bepo rock too

and ofc Rayleigh
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2010-07-08, 13:11   Link #79
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
We know exactly how the power works. He hits them and they're sent flying in a protective pocket of air until they reach their destination three days later. He asked Perona where she'd like to go, and once she told him he sent her to a place matching her description.

He knows where he's sending people, because if he didn't there's no way in hell Rayleigh would ever have found him. Rayleigh even says outright that he knew to come to Kuja Island because that's where Kuma sent Luffy in the first place. After that Shakky deduced that Luffy would have gone back after the war.
I'm still trying to figure out why he sent Sanji to Okama Island
Old 2010-07-08, 13:14   Link #80
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why he sent Sanji to Okama Island
Wasn't it stated so it was that his feminine side would be brought out more?

Thus in turn affecting his outlook on women?

Ah well, even if it wasn't the case, that's what I believe. =p

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2010-07-08 at 13:25.
Closed Thread