AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2010-07-07, 04:23   Link #3501
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Swedish feminists burn cash in wage equality protest
Quote:
A Swedish feminist party has publicly burned 100,000 Swedish kronor ($13,000; £8,500) in a protest against unequal pay.

The Feminist Initiative party said the money represented the sum Sweden's women miss out on every minute in comparison to men.

The party hopes to win its first seat in parliament in elections on 19 September.
The notes, thrown on to a barbecue, had been donated by an advertising agency.

Feminist Initiative leader Gudrun Schyman told onlookers on the island on Gotland that in a political campaign the money she set ablaze was only a drop in the ocean.

"It may seem desperate to burn 100,000 kronor," Ms Schyman said. "But the situation is desperate as well."

The national statistics agency reported in 2008 that Swedish women working full time on average earned 19% less than men.
Yes, cause receiving less money is aaaall the more reason to burn it instead of sharing and benefitting.
(Well, it's a form of attention whoring for their election campaign)
Guess it worked, how dismal though, they're probably the same "feminists" who'd burn bras in a heartbeat too. (-_-; )
Quote:
US actress and model Lindsay Lohan has been sentenced to 90 days in prison for violating her probation in a 2007 drug case.

A judge in California said Lohan, aged 24, had failed to attend court-ordered alcohol education classes.

The judge ordered Lohan to surrender on 20 July to begin serving the jail term.

The actress had been on probation since August 2007 after pleading guilty to misdemeanour drug charges and no contest to three driving charges.
Click to read more...

Bout bloody time, while in one sense, above story complains about lack of money, you have to look at those fortunate to break big in their chosen fields but yet still fall intp temptations and emotional/mental problems despite their fortune.
In Lindsey's case, here's hoping she pulls a Britney, shaves her head, gets her act together and reforms soon.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 11:18   Link #3502
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Big burgers 'damage jaws', say Taiwan dentists
Quote:
Taipei (July 8): Fast-food restaurants in Taiwan have been urged to drop big burgers from their menus amid a growing number of jaw injuries, according to a report.

Patients have had difficulty opening their mouths after munching giant burgers, said Professor Hsu Ming-lung, of National Yang-Ming University. Problems can arise when tucking into burgers higher than 8cm (3 inches), Prof Hsu was quoted as saying by the China Post.

Hamburger-related injuries are on the rise, he warned, calling on fast-food restaurants to limit the size of their hamburgers to prevent the public from quite literally biting off more than they can chew.

BBC NEWS
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 12:18   Link #3503
ChainLegacy
廉頗

LOL honestly, some burgers you get in restaurants are just too freakin big to take a bite out of.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 13:30   Link #3504
Xion Valkyrie

They need to work on their jaw-fu.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 17:41   Link #3505
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Assuming that Burger-related injuries only happen in Taiwan?
Old 2010-07-08, 17:48   Link #3506
Nosauz

see the real crime is serving well done burgers... just pure butchering of meat is despicable. If they served a "big" burger at medium rare they probably wouldn't have trouble eating it because the patty wouldn't be a fried rock.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 18:24   Link #3507
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
see the real crime is serving well done burgers... just pure butchering of meat is despicable. If they served a "big" burger at medium rare they probably wouldn't have trouble eating it because the patty wouldn't be a fried rock.
I wouldn't want to get a medium rare patty on a hamburger; too much risk with E. coli. I am a cook, I take my steak rare or medium rare but when ground meat is involved, well done is a autiomatism
Old 2010-07-08, 18:27   Link #3508
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
LOL honestly, some burgers you get in restaurants are just too freakin big to take a bite out of.
isn't that why a knife and fork comes with the meal?
Old 2010-07-08, 18:27   Link #3509
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I wouldn't want to get a medium rare patty on a hamburger; too much risk with E. coli. I am a cook, I take my steak rare or medium rare but when ground meat is involved, well done is a autiomatism
well it really depends, in a fine dining setting i'd never get a well done burger, I mean if your afraid of ecoli that means you cant have holindaise either, so it just comes down to what type of setting your dining in, it was more a joke than a serious proclamation, if mcd's servered anything but well done, yes i'd stay away.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 18:48   Link #3510
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
well it really depends, in a fine dining setting i'd never get a well done burger, I mean if your afraid of ecoli that means you cant have holindaise either, so it just comes down to what type of setting your dining in, it was more a joke than a serious proclamation, if mcd's servered anything but well done, yes i'd stay away.
Where I live, I never heard of a restaurant than would serve a hamburger anything but well done ( and the restaurants go from snackbar to high class ).
About the hollandaise sauce, freshly made one is rather safe and the one made with powder might even be more safe but I wouldn't want a real hollandaise than is more than 4 hours old .
Old 2010-07-09, 00:12   Link #3511
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I suppose it could be due to Asians being smaller size generally than Westerners and thus the smaller mouths can't accomodate large burgers.

If you can put your fist into your mouth, you should have no problem munching on large burgers (I can do that because I have small palms and slender fingers ).

And the latest advancement in technology.....

Final Fantasy XIV Gets Breast Size Selector

Quote:
Whatever its other shortcomings, Final Fantasy XIV at least manages to approach the holy grail of RPG character customisation – the ability to change the breast size of the player character at creation.

The option is apparently actually hidden away under “face selection” in true Square Enix style, rather than being a straightforward option.

Otherwise character creation looks to be distinctly behind the curve, with meagre selection of meshes for each option – compare to Bioware or Obsidian RPGs with an obsessive amount of control over chin and nose shape.

Sadly for the huge proportion of men who prefer playing female characters in their MMORPGs, a full breast size slider seems an unlikely addition.
Now let's take a look at the Physics engine......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 00:21   Link #3512
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I suppose it could be due to Asians being smaller size generally than Westerners and thus the smaller mouths can't accomodate large burgers.
*ahem* thank you, but I have no problem munching on a burger.

Quote:
And the latest advancement in technology.....

Final Fantasy XIV Gets Breast Size Selector

Now let's take a look at the Physics engine......
XD Oh come on, The Sims 2 for PS2 had it for ages .

I'm not going to swoon over a game because now I can give my RPG character bazookas, but I know that the FF series is not Style over Substance, they think these things through.
Old 2010-07-09, 00:37   Link #3513
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harufox View Post
*ahem* thank you, but I have no problem munching on a burger.
Well I said generally, I know only one guy who can put a Mega Mac into his mouth at one time.

Quote:
XD Oh come on, The Sims 2 for PS2 had it for ages .

I'm not going to swoon over a game because now I can give my RPG character bazookas, but I know that the FF series is not Style over Substance, they think these things through.
Well Sims 2 didn't take into account Poisson's ratio nor the shear modulus. Just purely boobage for fapping.

This is a good chance to demonstrate to marketing that discounting science from graphical art is no way to sell visual appeals.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-07-09, 00:45   Link #3514
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

1. Real breasts are WAY better.
2. The thought of breasts that are too big on a female character that is too small for them makes me wonder what terrible back pain she would suffer and how they would sag after the collagen and elastin in the muscle/skin would have been worn out from too much bouncing.
3. They will get in the way of weapons and shooting arrows - surely....The Amazon women sometimes cut one of their breasts off because it already got in the way of pulling their bow.
4. If I need a food equivalent for breasts, I'll with either jelly or icecream with cherries on top. As for the male version - clearly the banana split.
5. Breasts are awesome but they're only part of the package of the super special awesomeness that is the female body. They're not the be-all and end-all.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 01:03   Link #3515
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
2. The thought of breasts that are too big on a female character that is too small for them makes me wonder what terrible back pain she would suffer and how they would sag after the collagen and elastin in the muscle/skin would have been worn out from too much bouncing.
3. They will get in the way of weapons and shooting arrows - surely....The Amazon women sometimes cut one of their breasts off because it already got in the way of pulling their bow.
4. If I need a food equivalent for breasts, I'll with either jelly or icecream with cherries on top. As for the male version - clearly the banana split.
5. Breasts are awesome but they're only part of the package of the super special awesomeness that is the female body. They're not the be-all and end-all.
You clearly didn't think of the DFC faction when write above comments... Stop being discrimination

*look at SaintessHeart* Ah... we have one of their well-known representative here
Old 2010-07-09, 01:27   Link #3516
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Quote:
Well Sims 2 didn't take into account Poisson's ratio nor the shear modulus. Just purely boobage for fapping.

This is a good chance to demonstrate to marketing that discounting science from graphical art is no way to sell visual appeals.
Hey, take it easy on me. I'm only 16 , I don't know this foreign stuff of which you speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
1) Meh, depends on whether or not they're comically oversized, as people seem to be doing these days.
2) Unfortunately, this is not taken into account in fictional media. I haven't (well, maybe apart from some Japanese Manga made for the perverted type) seen or heard characters complain directly about their breasts
3) In games, the mesh would usually go through breasts, but that's in older games I think. Of course, cutting out a breast seems a bit barbaric.
4) *no comment*
5) Agreed, there are the curves of a woman too, breasts aren't the only things that males don't have.
Old 2010-07-10, 01:48   Link #3517
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Cat burglar takes shine to washing-line underwear

Quote:
(Reuters) - A spate of thefts from gardens and washing lines in a southern English town had been puzzling police.

Socks, gloves, ladies underwear -- almost anything left unattended was fair game for the thief, especially the knickers, and the rate of offending was getting worse.

But now the culprit has been unmasked as a kleptomaniac cat with a generous nature.

Eager to please his new owners, Peter and Birgitt Weismantel, 13-year-old Oscar had been bringing home presents to the family home in Portswood, a suburb of the southern coastal town of Southampton.

"He started bringing socks home a few months ago and then gardening gloves which we tracked to our neighbor," his owner Peter Weismantel told the Southern Daily Echo newspaper.

"Then we had a situation in which he brought back young women's underwear," said Peter, 72.

"It began to escalate and I telephoned the police as people must have been missing clothes -- especially with women's underwear being taken."

The couple have been fostering Oscar from Southampton's Cats Protection charity since Christmas.

Since then he had also pinched builder's gloves, a knee-pad, a paint roller, rubber gloves, and 10 pairs of children's underpants.

On average he commits 10 robberies a day.

"He brings them back as presents," Birgitt told the Echo. "We can't give him back now as he makes such an effort with all these gifts. He's got a lovely personality and is a very loving cat.

"I think we fell in love with him before he started taking all these things," she added. "It was just so touching to see him come home every day with something for us."

Now the couple will adopt Oscar full time but they still have yet to devise a way to curb his criminal instincts.

"He's still doing it now," said Peter. "We are thinking of training him as Fagin!"

P.S For those people who don't read much, Fagin is the head of the boys thieves gang in Oliver Twist.

Old 2010-07-10, 05:11   Link #3518
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

It's official:

This burger is too big for Taiwanese standards.
Old 2010-07-10, 05:27   Link #3519
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
It's official:

This burger is too big for Taiwanese standards.
GOOD GOD! What sort of person eats something like that?!
Old 2010-07-10, 06:18   Link #3520
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Paul the Octopus

Quote:
Paul the Octopus or Paul Oktopus (hatched in 2008) is a common octopus living in a tank at a Sea Life Centre in Oberhausen, Germany. The octopus is used as an animal oracle in an attempt to predict the results of football matches, usually international matches in which Germany is playing.

During a prediction, the octopus is presented with two boxes. Each contains food, and is marked with the flag of a national football team in an upcoming match, among which he is said to choose his predicted winner. The octopus is reported to have chosen the box with the flag of the winning team in several of Germany's six Euro 2008 matches, and in each of their first six matches in the 2010 FIFA World Cup. He has predicted a win for Spain against the Netherlands in the World Cup final on July 11 by eating the mussel in the box with the Spanish flag on it.

Tags
humor