AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-07-08, 17:35   Link #5261
Mafuyu
Disabled By Request

Whoa, thanks Last Sinner, I am wanting to for the first time ever move from melee to something more of a caster for Cataclysm so your input on the mage is great. I hope they will fix the AoE because to me that would be the most fun I will get from caster. Though I think mage I am intrigued by Elemental Shaman, it might be less of a shock going from melee to casting with a Shaman.

I look forward to your screen for screen review~
Mafuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 18:43   Link #5262
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafuyu View Post
Whoa, thanks Last Sinner, I am wanting to for the first time ever move from melee to something more of a caster for Cataclysm so your input on the mage is great. I hope they will fix the AoE because to me that would be the most fun I will get from caster. Though I think mage I am intrigued by Elemental Shaman, it might be less of a shock going from melee to casting with a Shaman.

I look forward to your screen for screen review~
From my understanding, they want things to be more like Vanilla and BC, where you had to use crowd control. This also means you aren't likely to AoE that much until later in the expansion, when you out-gear everything so badly that tanks don't wear pants.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 18:48   Link #5263
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Blackrock Caverns on Normal didn't require any CC. However, it could on Heroic.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 18:50   Link #5264
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Blackrock Caverns on Normal didn't require any CC. However, it could on Heroic.
Well, like I said, they want it one way. Whether that's how it ends up or not, who knows...
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 19:04   Link #5265
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, if they're not wanting AoE to work, they're going about it in a weird way. Like I said before, the Mage AoE spells are way down on damage compared to what they do in Northrend, but single target DPS is up. Yet Elemental Shamans are doing loads of AoE dmg with Earthquake and Chain Lightning is still devastating. And I saw Mind Sear still doing decent damage on geared shadow Priests. I'm not sure what they want to do at present.
Old 2010-07-08, 20:30   Link #5266
Mafuyu
Disabled By Request

Ah thank you GDB. I joined late in burning crusade and didn't make it very far, so I know much more about WoTLK. So they are lowering the damage and making it a more of a means to eliminate trash mobs when better geared? The fact that Elemental Shamans and Priest are doing massive AoE is confusing. I wonder what they are up to, the confusing part is exactly as GDB said, they want it one way, but whether or not it ends up that way is unknown. I suppose depending on how things go I am going to be leaning towards Shaman
Mafuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 12:23   Link #5267
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Started the Worgen experience tonight. Almost finished it, but yet again...just like in Hyjal and Vashj'ir, right when the end of the major line is in sight, the bugs emerge. I'll regale you more once that final part is doable. For now, I can say that Gileans is very much like....England?! The women have awesome, heavy British accents but the men still have the generic voices. The line takes loads of twists and turns. A good mix of quest styles, as well as explanation of how Worgen came to be. Worgen don't exactly run - they stride so far forward they don't need to run. I have been taking screenshots so once I have the experience finished (i.e. When the major battle actually works) I'll give a picture story.
Old 2010-07-09, 12:39   Link #5268
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Real Names on Official Forums - Cancelled
Quote:
Hello everyone,

I'd like to take some time to speak with all of you regarding our desire to make the Blizzard forums a better place for players to discuss our games. We've been constantly monitoring the feedback you've given us, as well as internally discussing your concerns about the use of real names on our forums. As a result of those discussions, we've decided at this time that real names will not be required for posting on official Blizzard forums.

It's important to note that we still remain committed to improving our forums. Our efforts are driven 100% by the desire to find ways to make our community areas more welcoming for players and encourage more constructive conversations about our games. We will still move forward with new forum features such as the ability to rate posts up or down, post highlighting based on rating, improved search functionality, and more. However, when we launch the new StarCraft II forums that include these new features, you will be posting by your StarCraft II Battle.net character name + character code, not your real name. The upgraded World of Warcraft forums with these new features will launch close to the release of Cataclysm, and also will not require your real name.

I want to make sure it's clear that our plans for the forums are completely separate from our plans for the optional in-game Real ID system now live with World of Warcraft and launching soon with StarCraft II. We believe that the powerful communications functionality enabled by Real ID, such as cross-game and cross-realm chat, make Battle.net a great place for players to stay connected to real-life friends and family while playing Blizzard games. And of course, you'll still be able to keep your relationships at the anonymous, character level if you so choose when you communicate with other players in game. Over time, we will continue to evolve Real ID on Battle.net to add new and exciting functionality within our games for players who decide to use the feature.

In closing, I want to point out that our connection with our community has always been and will always be extremely important to us. We strongly believe that Every Voice Matters, ( http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/mission.html ) and we feel fortunate to have a community that cares so passionately about our games. We will always appreciate the feedback and support of our players, which has been a key to Blizzard's success from the beginning.

Mike Morhaime
CEO & Cofounder
Blizzard Entertainment
Oh look at that, what a surprise.
Old 2010-07-09, 13:00   Link #5269
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

For once I am proud of the community for standing up against this nonsense, and kudos to Blizzard for giving in this time. Alas, this won't be the last time we've seen this topic.

But for now I shall rejoice and sacrifice five Gnomes!
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 05:22   Link #5270
Xacual

Looking at the pictures of the new Silverpine Forest, valkyrs now working for Sylvanas? That's somewhat surprising but your mileage may vary.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 16:18   Link #5271
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

That's not the half of what Sylvanas is up to! TRUST ME. She's been one naughty bitch.

I'll try and organise my picture shows tonight. I've done by Goblin Shaman to nearly 21 - the Lost Isles section was fully available along with most of Azshara. There was a mission near the end of the Azshara section that was bugged which prevented me from seeing the climax with saving Azuregos. Hopefully that is fixed soon. My Worgen Rogue is a tad of 13 - the line stops there, as an NPC informs players - only to teleport them to Darnassus...I hope they flesh the rest of the Worgen line out very soon. Final mission of Hyjal is still bugged...major mission in Vashj'ir is still bugged and preventing me from exploring it more on my Mage.
Old 2010-07-11, 16:40   Link #5272
Xacual

Just checking but you don't just mean the attacking Gilneas thing right? Is she doing even more underhanded stuff? Which would be nice, I've always preferred her character to be the borderline evil faction leader that does whatever necessary.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 18:05   Link #5273
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Just checking but you don't just mean the attacking Gilneas thing right? Is she doing even more underhanded stuff? Which would be nice, I've always preferred her character to be the borderline evil faction leader that does whatever necessary.
None of this is necessary...But I don't deny I've wanted the Horde to break up. I've never for one second believed that the Forsaken should be part of the Horde.

Spoiler for What Sylvanas does:
Old 2010-07-11, 18:32   Link #5274
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I always felt that Blizzard should have extended the various "factions" you grind rep for, but are otherwise pointless, to actually being real factions that you can join and that affects who you can attack and who attacks you.

Lots of chances for Xanatos Pileups when you've got not two, not three or four, but 30-40 different factions, all with different alliances and secret mergers and everything.

Of course for that to really work, the entire game would need to be permanently PvP-enabled with no flagging/deflagging or any of that silly nonsense.
Old 2010-07-11, 18:53   Link #5275
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'm on a PvP server that is always on for young and old.

And are my eyes playing tricks on me or did synaesthetic just post in this thread?!

Edit: Post appeared regarding the change of the level for many pre-60 instances.

Quote:
# Deadmines (15 - 21)
# Ragefire Chasm (15 - 21)
# Wailing Caverns (15 - 25)
# Shadowfang Keep (16 - 26)
# Blackfathom Deeps (20 - 30)
# Stormwind Stockade (20 - 30)
# Gnomeregan (24 - 34)
# Scarlet Monastery - Graveyard (26 - 36)
# Scarlet Monastery - Library (29 - 39)
# Maraudon - Purple Crystals (30 - 40)
# Razorfen Kraul (30 - 40)
# Maraudon - Orange Crystals (32 - 42)
# Scarlet Monastery - Armory (32 - 42)
# Maraudon - Pristine Waters (34 - 44)
# Scarlet Monastery - Cathedral (35 - 45)
# Uldaman (35 - 45)
# Dire Maul - East (36 - 46)
# Scholomance (38 - 48)
# Dire Maul - West (39 - 49)
# Razorfen Downs (40 - 50)
# Dire Maul - North (42 - 52)
# Stratholme - Main Gate (42 - 52)
# Zul'Farrak (44 - 54)
# Stratholme - Service Entrance (46 - 56)
# Blackrock Depths - Prison (47 - 57)
# Sunken Temple (50 - 60)
# Blackrock Depths - Upper City (51 - 61)
# Lower Blackrock Spire (55 - 65)

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2010-07-11 at 20:26.
Old 2010-07-11, 21:02   Link #5276
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Yeah, I did play this game for three years, you know. It was about eight months of considerable entertainment and twenty-eight months of abject frustration.

Rule of thumb says MMORPGs typically have a lifespan of five years while the typical MMORPG player has a lifespan of one year. I should have quit after the first year; I did that with FFXI and I have mostly fond memories of FFXI, while I have a lot of not-so-fond memories of WoW.
Old 2010-07-11, 21:16   Link #5277
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Yeah, I did play this game for three years, you know. It was about eight months of considerable entertainment and twenty-eight months of abject frustration.

Rule of thumb says MMORPGs typically have a lifespan of five years while the typical MMORPG player has a lifespan of one year. I should have quit after the first year; I did that with FFXI and I have mostly fond memories of FFXI, while I have a lot of not-so-fond memories of WoW.
That...explains...everything...
Old 2010-07-11, 23:40   Link #5278
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Spoiler for syvannas:

QQ what am I then? Almost 6 years later and still playing.
Old 2010-07-12, 00:29   Link #5279
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It beats still playing Starcraft 1....
Old 2010-07-12, 18:08   Link #5280
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I was intending to start putting up a visual experience of Vashj'ir....but I had to stay back at work, then things kinda went more haywire as the evening progressed. Tonight I should finally have people out of my hair for long enough to do one.

However, this has emerged today - Engineering in Cataclysm. Damn, that's nice....

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows