Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-08, 13:49   Link #81
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why he sent Sanji to Okama Island
Because he has a great sense of humor, obviously.
Old 2010-07-08, 14:30   Link #82
Homura7

I think Chopper has seen something in the newspaper that has made him notice Luffy took participation in the war. Afterall the World Government concealed that among many other things.
Old 2010-07-08, 15:26   Link #83
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
y'know there is one thing that i was thrown off about in this chapter... Namely Raylieh leaving his card with Shakky... if i recall, aren't the vivre cards supposed to hone in on a person? shouldn't the cards be always pointing towards rayliegh and tracking his life... I don't think they were supposed to focus in on a card rayliegh had in his possession

I cleared this up earlier in the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyway, since this was brought up, I feel I should apologize for a misconception I had about the vivrecards. See, I had the impression that the pieces of paper would point towards the direction of the person the card was made from. However, it seems that all of the cards point towards each other. Of course, this means that it IS possible for Luffy to search for his crew (a theory I shot down in the last thread), but I still stand by what I said about how it makes more sense for him to stay at AL for a while longer so he can recover and train. Thankfully, Law and Rayleigh seem to share the same idea (which I'm definitely certain is the reason why the latter left his card with his partner at Sabaody).

Again, I had that same misconception about the vivrecards too, but aohige and some others at AP straightened things out. The cards are attracted to each other, not to the person that the cards were made from.....
Old 2010-07-08, 16:34   Link #84
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
I think Chopper has seen something in the newspaper that has made him notice Luffy took participation in the war. Afterall the World Government concealed that among many other things.
I think the news paper will be an announcement that Boa sent, declaring her engagement to Luffy. Chopper is upset because he knows that every man in the world will be Luffy's enemy now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Again, I had that same misconception about the vivrecards too, but aohige and some others at AP straightened things out. The cards are attracted to each other, not to the person that the cards were made from.....
Then why do they burn when the holder is in danger. And also, where was Ace hiding his card.
Old 2010-07-08, 16:59   Link #85
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
That is, If he himself even knows where he sent them.
We basically have no idea on how this part of Kuma's power works. Maybe Kuma just thinks something like „go to a place where you get stronger”, without actually knowing where this place is.
What about the mysterious question he asked Perona before sending her away?
Rayleigh in the chapter says " I doubt the marines could guess this place. The man that shot him out in this direction, is the one that told me after all". At the very least he has a rough idea which way they went flying and possible places they could end up. I think essentially what Rayleigh means is 1. He knew luffy after he fought Kuma would end up at Amazon Lily. 2. After he showed up at Marineford the most logical place for him to go to after the battle again was Amazon Lily, if Shakky's analysis of Boa was right.
Quote:
I'm still trying to figure out why he sent Sanji to Okama Island
IT took me a while to get it, but its most likely so he can learn Okama Kempo, to augment his fighting style. Okama Kempo uses a lot of foot martial arts which is what Sanji uses. If he remains an Okama (I sincerely hope not), or maybe gains an Okama Sanji mode he may also lose his weakness towards women when he's a Okama.
Old 2010-07-08, 17:01   Link #86
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Then why do they burn when the holder is in danger. And also, where was Ace hiding his card.
That's exactly why so many people (including me) misunderstood the way the cards work, even though it was explained quite clearly by Lola back when that device was introduced (I went back and read the explanation again to make sure, it's in chapter 489). Basically, you give a piece of your nail, and a Vivre card can be made out of it. This card will display your "life force", and every pieces torn from it will always point to the original card.
Old 2010-07-08, 18:55   Link #87
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

It looks like Boa has every intention of staying with Luffy. I approve of this.
Old 2010-07-08, 21:23   Link #88
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ I don't. Boa's love sickness has really gotten stale and lame.
Old 2010-07-08, 21:45   Link #89
james0246

^Boa's lovesickness is no different than Sanji's lovesickness (though he has a far worse case of the illness), and since I love Sanji's shtick, I also like Boa's...
Old 2010-07-08, 21:54   Link #90
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Ah, but Sanji doesn't treat everyone else like shit. That's the big difference .
Old 2010-07-08, 22:09   Link #91
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^ Ah, but Sanji doesn't treat everyone else like shit. That's the big difference .
No, he just treats guys like shit .
Old 2010-07-08, 22:32   Link #92
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
No, he just treats guys like shit .
That's only if one of the guys tells him to snap out of it. Hancock, on the other hand, will scorn anyone even though they didn't do anything. It's ridiculous .
Old 2010-07-08, 22:57   Link #93
james0246

Quote:
It's ridiculous .
This is why it’s funny. Besides, Sanji started off far worse in his manhatred (mantred?), but he got better over time. Boa would undoubtedly follow the same route if she joined...which I'm not saying she will.
Old 2010-07-09, 00:13   Link #94
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
This is why it’s funny. Besides, Sanji started off far worse in his manhatred (mantred?), but he got better over time. Boa would undoubtedly follow the same route if she joined...which I'm not saying she will.
"I destroyed a universe!" Couldn't help myself. Wonder how many will get that.

I doubt Boa will join. Nyon will probably manage to keep her in check.
Old 2010-07-09, 01:24   Link #95
james0246

^It's unknown if the marines know about vivre cards, and since they were good enough to provide Ace with his regular clothes again, I doubt they would unnecessarily remove a random piece of paper.

Then again, maybe they do know about the cards and simply do not care. It's not as if they ever hid the fact that Ace was being held in Impel Down, and the world knew he was going to be executed in Marineford. So, maybe they knew of its existence, but decided that since it offered no real value to Ace's crew (since they knew where he was anyway), there was no real reason to confiscate the item...
Old 2010-07-09, 02:54   Link #96
DonnVall

^ I think it's impossible for the marines to not know the existence and function of vivre cards. They are very noticeable when they burn out whenever the owner's life is endangered (in the case when they strip searched Ace). Although it maybe impossible for the marines to utilize them (maybe the only one who can make it is a pirate).

Maybe there is a more "humane" explanation to this, i.e. to anticipate if any SH members lost their piece of vivre cards or for new friendly parties that need to meet Luffy. Consider this possibility also to explain the problem of how to get Thousand Sunny off SA if Luffy and Rayleigh is not there. To pick TS, obviously Nami and some of SH crews (or perhaps with the help of "Rosy Riders") have to go to SA even the vivre card points somewhere else.
Old 2010-07-09, 03:41   Link #97
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
^ I don't. Boa's love sickness has really gotten stale and lame.
I pretty much agree with this. I love her character and all, though it's just been the same old over and over. I enjoy it, though it can't keep going on. Plus her island would be in a lot of trouble if she was spotted with Luffy, so i can't see her planning to stay with him, whether she likes it or not.
Old 2010-07-09, 07:53   Link #98
Vree

I wonder if Rayleigh will get a lot of fangirls after this chapter.

I'd score him even above the strawhat top three in terms of hotness after his shirtless scene.
Old 2010-07-09, 08:08   Link #99
rospandan

god i almost start to hate one piece because i love i so much ^^''''... i almost feel suicidal by waiting for the next chapter O-o...and this chapter doesn't make it better :< what plan reileigh!? why is choppa upset!?
Old 2010-07-09, 14:08   Link #100
marvelB

I've.... already commented in the past about the reservations I had about Hancock, which I won't get into now. Let's just say that I don't see her joining Luffy at all by this point. I'd say that Jinbei has a better chance of becoming a Straw-Hat (partly because of the promise he made with Ace), but I doubt he'll join, either. Personally, I'd be all for seeing Margaret or her friends join the crew, but the problem is that none of them has revealed any sort of dream or ambition in all this time (even Robin hinted at her dream before joining Luffy, despite how random her inclusion seemed). Therefore, I guess we've gotta wait until Merman Island/the New World before we're finally introduced to the next potential Straw-Hat.....

BTW, I meant to comment on this before, but it's nice to get confirmation that Rayleigh's NOT a DF user. I'd like to say that he's probably the baddest mofo in the GL now that Whitebeard's gone, but we still don't really know how powerful the remaining emperors are yet.....
Closed Thread