AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-07-09, 14:01   Link #161
Ashaman

Which was Minato's job in the first place! That was why he was there, to keep the Kyuubi in. You trust your sealmaster Hokage to do these things right.
Old 2010-07-09, 14:33   Link #162
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
They also probably didn't want to draw attention to the situation. A large and powerful group of ninja guarding the cave would have attracted suspicion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
I hope we see some of the families next week. Probably little Iruka and some of the Konoha 11 parents when they were younger.

I think I might have an idea on how Sakura can be useful. So we know Naruto will not immediately die if the Kyuubi is pulled from him due to being an Uzumaki, But it still seems that Kushina will die unless the beast is resealed into her. So I wonder if Kishi will allow Sakura to perform some type of crazy never seen before medical ninjutsu that somehow reacts to Naruto's special chakra if the Kyuubi is extracted. So Naruto can live without the Kyuubi. Allowing Sakura to save his life and finally look like a hero since the Sasori fight.
Knowing Sakura, she would probably end up killing Naruto.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 14:42   Link #163
iBeast

So Itachi is holding Sasuke out in the night...lol
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 15:08   Link #164
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Knowing Sakura, she would probably end up killing Naruto.
Aww, don't say that. Sakura may be weak, but she is a very good medic. And wouldn't intentionally kill Naruto.
Old 2010-07-09, 15:12   Link #165
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
And wouldn't intentionally kill Naruto.
Not intentionally, no, but she came close to doing so unintentionally at the end of the last arc.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 16:30   Link #166
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lulz baby's cover .

Anyway , finally some Minato's moves !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 18:45   Link #167
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Kushina should've just shot placentae on Madara and won the day.
Old 2010-07-09, 20:15   Link #168
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I'm more excited about gamabunta's and sandaime's possible appearance more than anything really.
Old 2010-07-09, 20:45   Link #169
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
But wouldn't they at least have known that the pregnancy weakens the seal? You should at least have some kind of contingency, but I guess thinking everything is going to work out is one way to look at things...
They had the FREAKING HOKAGE there. If Minato couldn't stop it, what makes you think any other available ninja wouldn't just be so much cannon fodder?
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 21:52   Link #170
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
But wouldn't they at least have known that the pregnancy weakens the seal? You should at least have some kind of contingency, but I guess thinking everything is going to work out is one way to look at things...
Well there were guards setup outside the room, with the Hokage and more guards inside the room, as well as an invisible barrier --but Madara can walk through things; a pretty unusual ability. About the seal, its pretty likely that the seal weakening at child birth wasn't widely known --Kushina also stated to Naruto that she didn't know how Madara managed to know the perfect time to come.

Kushina was also told to keep her birthing classified and to not even tell her friends. She was also told to try and keep quiet during labor, because their location was also a secret(they even left the village). Having large numbers of ninja(fodder) and powerful chakras(from s-class ninja) stationed might tip people off, like sensors. So, while you think the security was lacking, you should remember that keeping things secret is also a form of security, sometimes even better than stationing a bunch of troops around.

Last edited by Midnight Commander; 2010-07-09 at 22:05.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 22:15   Link #171
madv2c
Deafmute

I know this is a bit off-topic, but does anyone know what was with the appeal of Shinsui's sharingan eye? 30+ chapters ago, Sasuke was fighting Danzou, and Tobi seemed to get extremely jittery about getting his hands on Shinsui's eyes.

What is so extraordinary about his eyes, and why did Tobi want them?

Also, looking back at the Kabuto - Tobi confrontation, and based on Kabuto's condescending tone towards Tobi, a very obvious conclusion can be drawn. Uchiha Madara is not the person behind Tobi's orange pumpkin mask. However, the new masked man from chapter 501 is a different story.

I'm just confused, but if anyone can answer my question that would be most appreciated.
madv2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 22:39   Link #172
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quite tragic, this chapter. Kushina only really got a few moments with Naruto. I seriously doubt she's going to live through the next chapter....
Old 2010-07-09, 22:50   Link #173
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by madv2c View Post
I know this is a bit off-topic, but does anyone know what was with the appeal of Shinsui's sharingan eye? 30+ chapters ago, Sasuke was fighting Danzou, and Tobi seemed to get extremely jittery about getting his hands on Shinsui's eyes.
Shisui had very powerful hypnotic abilities, beyond that of normal Uchiha.
Old 2010-07-09, 22:53   Link #174
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
The only one of those who even knew Kushina was a Jinchuuriki is the 3rd, and he prepared adequite protection.
No he did not. Adequate means satisfying, doesn't it? It means proper, it means descent, it means eligible. He just sent some stupid idiots. Lowlevel soldier trash. He himself and the strongest of the strongest should have protected Kushina and the 4th Hokage. Jiraiya, Tsunade, Danzou - the best of the best.

The safety arrangements were insufficient. What would have happened if the Raikage had appeared with a platoon to get the Kyuubi? What would some easy-to-kill ANBU have done if another village, Kumo or Iwa, had attacked with everything they got to acquire the strongest bijou there is?
It was a situation where everything could be prepared for over nine months and even though it was the top notch most important task for the village to make sure things run smoothly, they failed.
Old 2010-07-09, 22:53   Link #175
james0246

Quote:

What is so extraordinary about his eyes, and why did Tobi want them?
1) Tobi/Madara liked him some Sharingans...Why? It's unknown. But he definitely collects them.

2) Shisui's eye had special hypnotic powers seemingly unique only to his eyes. The powers were said to be so great that they could literally control others, and the hypnosis wasn't easily dispelled.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 23:02   Link #176
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
1) Tobi/Madara liked him some Sharingans...Why? It's unknown. But he definitely collects them.

2) Shisui's eye had special hypnotic powers seemingly unique only to his eyes. The powers were said to be so great that they could literally control others, and the hypnosis wasn't easily dispelled.
Didn't Akatsuki use similar techniques? Itachi used something like that on the woman to make her seduce Jiraiya and make it easier to capture Naruto and I think Sasori used some similar technique to Kabuto in order to create a spy who'd inform Akatsuki about Orochimaru's plans (but Orochimaru dispelled it).
Nevertheless I'm sure Shisui's powers were special since it's said the 3rd/4th Mizukage has been controlled by these powers... hasn't it?
Tobi/Madara seems to have similar powers and is somehow connected to the Mist. I wonder if he manipulated Sasuke. Remember he actually activated his Sharingan right from the beginning of his first meeting with Sasuke, that's why he triggered the trap Itachi had implanted into Sasuke's eyes.
Old 2010-07-09, 23:12   Link #177
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
No he did not. Adequate means satisfying, doesn't it? It means proper, it means descent, it means eligible. He just sent some stupid idiots. Lowlevel soldier trash. He himself and the strongest of the strongest should have protected Kushina and the 4th Hokage. Jiraiya, Tsunade, Danzou - the best of the best.

The safety arrangements were insufficient. What would have happened if the Raikage had appeared with a platoon to get the Kyuubi? What would some easy-to-kill ANBU have done if another village, Kumo or Iwa, had attacked with everything they got to acquire the strongest bijou there is?
It was a situation where everything could be prepared for over nine months and even though it was the top notch most important task for the village to make sure things run smoothly, they failed.
They prepared a barrier to hide the entire scene and high-level ANBU guards, but what you're suggesting defeats the entire purpose of something being secret. As soon as you goes stacking high-level ninja on the scene, you've made a big "We're Up To Something!" sign for anyone to find.

The security precautions were more than adequate, because the only guy who showed up was Madara, who can straight up teleport and be intangible. Madara, through whatever nonsense, somehow got wise to Kushina's location, and that's the only reason he got close. Anyone else would never have found the place, much less been so successful in doing what Madara did.

Quote:
Nevertheless I'm sure Shisui's powers were special since it's said the 3rd/4th Mizukage has been controlled by these powers... hasn't it?
Tobi/Madara seems to have similar powers and is somehow connected to the Mist. I wonder if he manipulated Sasuke. Remember he actually activated his Sharingan right from the beginning of his first meeting with Sasuke, that's why he triggered the trap Itachi had implanted into Sasuke's eyes.
The Mizukage was controlled by different means. Shisui's powers were special because they were undetectable. That one guy only figured it out because of personal experience.
Old 2010-07-09, 23:12   Link #178
madv2c
Deafmute

That gives me an idea, when you said a power solely unique to HIS particular sharingan eyes. I don't mean to blindly speculate, but Tobi has the ability to make himself disappear into an alternate plain. Aside from making himself virtually untouchable, and all that jazz... Kakashi developed a similar ability, just not as advanced. He used it to pop one of Deidara's arms, and erased the nail from penetrating his head during the Pain fight.

Kakashi got his eye from Obito, so maybe this is +1 to the Obito is Tobi theory?
Old 2010-07-09, 23:52   Link #179
james0246

Quote:
Didn't Akatsuki use similar techniques? Itachi used something like that on the woman to make her seduce Jiraiya and make it easier to capture Naruto and I think Sasori used some similar technique to Kabuto in order to create a spy who'd inform Akatsuki about Orochimaru's plans (but Orochimaru dispelled it).
No, Shisui's Sharingan allowed him to literally control others with little to no evidence that they were being controlled. The genjutsus Itachi used were only illusions: things to confuse the mind. With one Kai they could be dispelled. Shisui's ability, though, allowed for complete and nearly undetectable control.

Quote:
Kakashi got his eye from Obito, so maybe this is +1 to the Obito is Tobi theory?
First of all, welcome to the Naruto sub-forum/ Animesuki forums. It's always pleasant to meet a new face (not that you have one yet). Make sure to have fun .

Secondly, here is the appropriate thread for this discussion: [Manga] Who is Tobi?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 00:03   Link #180
madv2c
Deafmute

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Secondly, here is the appropriate thread for this discussion: [Manga] Who is Tobi?
Thanks! I'll go post my idea there :3

Tags
weekly chapter discussion