AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-07-12, 01:26   Link #4301
Lenyo

Finished about 5 hours ago, and never showed my gratitude because of how excited I was to play. I eternally extend gratitude to Witch Hunt for giving me the chance to read such an amazing story without having to learn Japanese, have my Japanese friend read it to me, or read with some Translator. Upon telling my friend of WH's awesome glory, I was told "The translations might be wrong, and you might have messed the story up."

But, honestly? If this version of Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru is wrong, then wrong is sure as hell good enough for me.

Keep it up, WH. You pretty much get a month off now before Requiem is released, eh? Well earned, any might add.

Edit: ... That is to say, if you intend to grab the reigns on Requiem. ^^ Here's hoping you guys are there to translate it when it comes out.
Lenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 02:23   Link #4302
Mercurius

Just finished reading through Dawn, and wanted to also express my deepest gratitude to the Witch Hunt for working so hard to provide this amazing experience. And for all the lack of sleep as I attempt to yet again wrack my feeble brain to figure out the truth of Rokkenjima.

Spoiler for EP6 Ending, possible bugs:
Old 2010-07-12, 02:51   Link #4303
bigemperor

THANK YOU SO MUCH i was waiting a lot for this patch.
bigemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 03:33   Link #4304
Thunder Book
Endless Member

Hey, all the times throughout the narrative where we see someone, usually Battler or Beatrice, yell out a noun for an overly long time is it exaggerated at all from the original Japanese?

Can you explain Witch Huuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnttttttttttttt!!!!???
Thunder Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 06:29   Link #4305
Pika_power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Miko View Post
EDIT2: oh and what is Edit mode? I keep entering it by accident and I never saw it in the other games so... yeah. I'm just curious.
Edit mode is entered when Z and V are pressed simultaneously. You can then alter the the volume of the sound effects, the volume of the background music and the volume of voices (if any are present) by pressing S, M, or V respectively and entering a new value for the volume. You exit by pressing the Escape key.
Pika_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 10:35   Link #4306
De3NJ

Great =) Thanks a lot for the translation guys, honestly, it made my day =P I finished it last night and am now soo interested for episode 7 @_@ Anyway I think you guys did a great job and as far as any errors or glitches goes, nothing went wrong with mine, no hiccups with the text, no random letters an all, nothing. Although I guess i can't say for sure if there were grammar mistakes, I wouldn't have cared Lol. I used the installer-free version of it.
K well thanks for the translations, I'm looking forward to your next updates =]
De3NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 12:20   Link #4307
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Miko View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this and I'll double check to see if someone else had this problem but whatever.

Anyways, I played nonstop and finally saved but now when I open my save, the screen goes white (the door 'opens') and the first letter of that screen appears before shutting the game down. I guess I can just play from my last save but it's sort of annoying so is there anything I can do to access that save?

EDIT: Okay. I am unable to play at all now. Whenever I load a save it either shuts down right away or allows me to fast forward for a bit, and then shuts down. It was working perfectly fine earlier so I don't know why this could be happening now.

EDIT2: oh and what is Edit mode? I keep entering it by accident and I never saw it in the other games so... yeah. I'm just curious.
That sounds similar to the problem I was having a few pages back.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...09#post3124809

The convo. goes all the way down the page. The resolution was that I needed to have the game installed from an admin account.
Old 2010-07-12, 12:22   Link #4308
Golden-Beato
ベアトリーチェ

I also finished reading last night. I can definitely say that I throughly enjoyed every bit of EP6, much more than I expected, actually. It might even be my favorite episode so far. Thanks again, Witch Hunt! <3
Old 2010-07-12, 12:40   Link #4309
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Finally finished EP6 after a 9-hour grind last night - or should I say this morning since I finished at 5am lol. EP6 was awsome, thanks for all your hard work translating it though it seemed to seriously conclude there, I was surprised they presented a premise for EP7.

Its sad though, that whenever I finish an ep in anticipation to not be bound by spoilers in forums comments or pictures only to have the next ep released within weeks of the previous EPs patch. Oh well, nuthin I can do about the people who know japanese, all I can do is wait patiently until witch hunt kindly releases the next EP
Old 2010-07-12, 13:28   Link #4310
Shadow Miko
ASuki's #1 Virgillia fan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
That sounds similar to the problem I was having a few pages back.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...09#post3124809

The convo. goes all the way down the page. The resolution was that I needed to have the game installed from an admin account.
Yeah that sounds like what is happening but I'm pretty sure my account is the admin account? I mean I've never seen that there were two different onces and I disabled asking for permissions and what not a long time ago, in any case. Ugh, I don't know though I'm not too good with stuff like that.

WAS Hanyuu's biggest fangirl, my heart belongs to Virgillia now. <3 Loli Salad - A blog of epic-proportions!
Shadow Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 13:57   Link #4311
luckyssol

The quality of this episode 6 patch was amazing. I only noticed one typo throughout the entire read. Fantastic job guys!
Spoiler for Episode 6, typo:
Old 2010-07-12, 15:04   Link #4312
Judoh
Mystery buff

Spoiler for translation question:
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 15:06   Link #4313
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judoh View Post
Spoiler for translation question:
It's closer than Hideyoshi and Nanjo. I think that was her point.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 15:12   Link #4314
Orophin

I just found a typo.

Spoiler for EP6 typo:
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 00:22   Link #4315
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

After a grueling marathon, I've finally finished Episode 6. Superb job, Witch-Hunt! I can't wait until Episode 7 is released..Going to be really hard to not spoiler myself.

Found three typos that others haven't mentioned yet in the thread.

Spoiler for EP6 Screenshots:

Also...

Spoiler for TIPS after finishing EP6:
Old 2010-07-13, 01:19   Link #4316
michirusan

Using the new episode 6 patch, I have a encountered a soft crash in the episode 5 ????: permanent black screen with looping music still playing
Spoiler for Episode 5:

When viewed using the "a" key auto-progression feature. The game is stuck, and am unable to access the "pause' menu still.

Only a one-time occurance though.

Last edited by michirusan; 2010-07-13 at 01:45.
michirusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 01:43   Link #4317
bigemperor

Quick question, where can i find the names from the chapters of episode 6??? (obviously before finishing the game and casting the spell) i REALLY like to see in which chapter i am and i find the names from the chapters of ALL EPISODES except from episode 6, maybe someone can give me a pic from the screen where we cast the spell after finishing episode 6. THANKS
bigemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 09:50   Link #4318
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aghra View Post
I think it should be "worshipped", though there are odd rules on words ending in "p".

"...as though she was about to smash it..."

This just didn't flow right to me. Does it need to be "actually the least realistic" or "actually less realistic"?
Good catch on the second and it's appreciated that people are keeping an eye out! As for "worshiped", see: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/worshiped

And "the less realistic" is accurate although I agonized over it a bit at the time. It's "the less realistic [of the possibilities]", which is similar grammatically to "the least realistic". But since even less realistic ideas are possible, the idea isn't "the least realistic".

Anyway, from now on, can people PM typo reports to chronotrig so we can keep them organized easily? Thanks.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 09:58   Link #4319
Zero Sora

Am I led to believe that...

Spoiler for Zepar and Furfur:
Zero Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 10:05   Link #4320
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

That's probably a slip. In english pronouns are clear identifiers of someone's sex and it's very hard to construct sentences without them.

In japanese however there isn't such a thing and it's a lot easier to talk about someone without specifying the gender.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation