AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-07-12, 18:42   Link #5281
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Another epic set of goggles I see. More tinkers (opefully thel will boost them up as those are the specs I got now for tinkers mostly) And is this an engineering special jem? Interesting. (+132?)

I still want an engineered two (or more) an flying mount and a yellow submarine.
Old 2010-07-13, 11:41   Link #5282
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Okay, finally had the time to upload some stuff and do a quick rundown. It's freaking late at the moment, so I'll only do Vashj'ir tonight. I'll spoiler tag it all since some people may want to wait to Cataclysm comes live.

Spoiler:

That's my rundown of Vashj'ir. Next time I get the chance, I'll post a rundown of my experiences of the Goblins in Kezan, The Lost Isles and Azshara. Worgen I may leave until more material comes out - it was nowhere near complete when I did it, while the Goblin line seems finished.

Hope that was helpful/entertaining. Peace.
Old 2010-07-13, 13:36   Link #5283
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Question: After you first arrive in Vashj'ir, and say you hearth back to Dalaran or somewhere. How do you get back to Vashj'ir? Is there a permanent boat to the zone? A portal? A submarine that phases in after you've done the starter quest? (Can you get there without doing the starter quest?)
Old 2010-07-13, 16:44   Link #5284
Mafuyu
Disabled By Request

Thank you Last Sinner once again for the screen for screen journal of your experiances in Cataclysm.
Spoiler for Sylvanas' behaviour in Cataclysm:
Mafuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 18:07   Link #5285
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Question: After you first arrive in Vashj'ir, and say you hearth back to Dalaran or somewhere. How do you get back to Vashj'ir? Is there a permanent boat to the zone? A portal? A submarine that phases in after you've done the starter quest? (Can you get there without doing the starter quest?)
The only thing available at present was to take a boat from the same pier as the one that goes to Northrend. For Alliance, it was in Stormwind. No idea which place it is for Horde. That will have to change in someway by the time Cata goes live, but for now there's a lot of things around that are makeshift. Goblins and Worgen don't have their own race mounts yet - they have to get ported to Dalaran and buy a Felsteed from the Blacksmithing trainer....*shrug*
Old 2010-07-13, 18:11   Link #5286
Xacual

It might be from Org, I thought there was something about a dock or shipyard being built there now. Have you by chance tried out the gnome or troll new starting areas?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 18:18   Link #5287
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I guess that's something else to look at...sure, why not.
Old 2010-07-13, 18:25   Link #5288
Xacual

I was just curious because I was waiting for Cata to make a troll shaman. I don't have a gnome yet either so I might make a gnome priest or something.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-07-13, 18:32   Link #5289
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I might as well. There wasn't any mention of a new patch on the Beta overnight, but I'll have to check after work in case anything has change. If there isn't anything majorly new or a raise in the level cap, I'll check them out.

PS. 2nd wave of Beta invites are being sent out this week.
Old 2010-07-13, 19:05   Link #5290
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I can say that Gileans is very much like....England?! The women have awesome, heavy British accents but the men still have the generic voices.
The accents are really awful imo. I think most people will agree who are either British or have lived in the England for a bit. Its a very fake way of thinking of England with dodgy cockney accents

I'm really liking the looks of wotlk beta, I do feel rather annoyed that it doesn't look like many new zones for the veteran players.Who have most of there alt's at 80. it looks like blizzard want us to start fresh so we can experience places we already played.

which has changed a bit or a lot which I don't really care for it. As we have already paid for what they are changing when the game came out. I am however looking forward to rated bg's cant wait going to nicer then doing arena's hopefully.

Sorry if this seems like a grumpy post I'm just stating what I think
Old 2010-07-13, 21:03   Link #5291
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

*shrug* I've never heard one American/British thing replicate an Australian accent remotely close to the real thing. Mainly because they use British or New Zealanders to do it. I like that accent. That chick was my equal favourite part of the Worgen experience.

Come to think of it, is there an insinuation that Worgen are British and Goblins are American?
Old 2010-07-13, 23:50   Link #5292
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Depends...who are the Australians.
Old 2010-07-13, 23:57   Link #5293
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

There aren't any Australins in WoW yet. I was referring to general Western media that didn't contain Paul Hogan. And even then, Paul Hogan was playing a heavily stereotyped character.

Very glaring bad examples that come to mind are Monkey Island 4, The Simpsons, Point Blank. The list goes on.
Old 2010-07-14, 02:08   Link #5294
Xacual

The first look at the 31 point talent trees are out and seriously I know blizzard said paladins aren't done yet but the protection tree is a little crazy. 41 points total, about 9 of which are mandatory for stuff, like crit protection and sanctuary effect and keeping divine plea up because they took out the talent that let it be refreshed by hits....

And by 41 points I mean that's all we'll have at 85 so it's really hard to get into the ret tree now especially since crusader strike looks to be a nice prot attack now and righteous vengeance is in the second tier of ret which would give prot pallies a deep wounds equivalent...

Old 2010-07-14, 04:22   Link #5295
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Yep, there was a patch for beta servers. 31 point talents are up. I do like the changes - Frost feels a lot more compact, Arcane has more survivability built into it, but the three non-Arcane talents people will want are in tier 1 of Fire and Frost, so it works out well.

Levelling cap has also been raised, so I will be checking out Deepholm, Uldum and Twilight Highlands ASAP. Deepholm first, since it's the only 80-83 zone. (hyjal and Vashj'ir are 78-82 and Uldum + Twilight Highlands are 83-85) Professtion levelling still isnt available, neither is Archaeology.

I'll have more soon.

Edit - Or not....Beta servers have been awful tonight. I did try out revamped Troll and Gnome stuff since Xacual was interested. The Troll's revamped zone looks great, but the amount of movement you have to do...it's damn slow. Gnome one hasn't has had quests changed considerably but starts at the same place it did before. Definitely a lot faster and there were several times phased in vehicles were used to save time otherwise lost on moving to a different point.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2010-07-14 at 08:26.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 11:27   Link #5296
Alaya
Counter Force

@Priest Talent tree; here it comes, Power Word: Barrier!!!

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 12:05   Link #5297
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Looks like Destruction Warlocks get another Bane deep in the revamped tree (bonus damage on Bane target...I wonder if it works on itself...15% damage done to Bane target would be nice so you could bust up to 115% damage in boss fights, but also 15% of damage done to adds during the fight (well the two minutes the Bane is up anyway.) With it replace Bane of Doom/Agony for Destrolocks?

I'm not sure I like the Tier 2 talent distribution...there is no way to get to Tier 3 without either putting a point into Improved Shadow Bolt or Improved Searing Pain.

On the new world maps...What is the zone under Silithis and the zone northwest of the Eastern Plaguelands? Those seem to not be known yet...and Deadwind Pass seems to be missing or part of Duskwood now.
Old 2010-07-14, 18:06   Link #5298
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The zone south of Silithus is Uldum. 83-85 levelling zone.
Twilight Highlands is east of the Wetlands. 83-85.
Deepholm is 80-83. I don't know where it is...and my Mage is bugged and can't even log on Cata beta now....*sigh*
I tried to go to that other zone you're asking about, Ithekro, but it's completely shut off by mountains you're barred from flying over. *shrug*

Edit - You get ported to Deepholm from Stormwind/Orgrimmar. Stormwind one is on an island in the lake.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2010-07-14 at 18:23.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 18:59   Link #5299
Xacual

I thought Uldum was south of tanaris and basically all that area in southern kalimdor?

Old 2010-07-14, 19:23   Link #5300
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I thought Uldum was south of tanaris and basically all that area in southern kalimdor?
The whole thing, I believe. I haven't been there yet - waiting for my Mage to stop crashing at the loading screen. -_-

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows