AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-16, 15:56   Link #41
dsn2k

poor Kakashi, how is he going to stop this ?
dsn2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 16:02   Link #42
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
It was a good chapter really, bit predictable but Kishimoto hasn't really got much to work with till Kakashi comes along in terms of unpredictable story without making it seem stupid. Ah well... hopefully they next chapter will have kakashi and things will get intresting.
Ketsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 16:03   Link #43
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
It cannot be interpreted that way, imo. Sorry if I confused you.
You were clearly the one who was confused, since you thought that by some mistake I had assumed Kakashi was with them.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 16:04   Link #44
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
I hope Piccolo and Krillin make it there on time.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 16:11   Link #45
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
I hope Piccolo and Krillin make it there on time.
This joke is pretty stupid. Even if it is becoming like DBZ, anyone with common sense would know that it eventually would. Kishimoto painted this picture for you back when Naruto powered up against Haku and when the curse seal was introduced for Sasuke. It's not like he's just pulling it out of his ass. In fact, it makes people look pretty stupid to point it out now. Even moreso, Kishimoto ADMITTED that he wouldn't even have become a mangaka if it weren't for Dragonball. He clearly worships it, and obviously his story will take some traits from it. Get over it. There's nothing you can do to change it, and complaining about it and making stupid jokes is not funny, it is only annoying and makes those who use them look like the idiots that they are.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 16:15   Link #46
KingofWac

I think the general concensus here is that the chapter was predictable. However I liked it very much. I think everyone needs to stop worrying about the power ups and lack of jutsu's because I highly doubt the rest of the series is going to be like this, they are simply progressing the characters. You can count on Naruto and Sasuke learning more jutsu's in which they will use later.

Even though the past few chapters have been predictable (still enjoyable to me) I don't think anyone here has a clue of what is going to happen next. Yes we know Kakashi is coming, but no one knows anything beyond that. I believe the chapters to come are going to be very exciting because anything can happen.
KingofWac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 16:18   Link #47
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
This joke is pretty stupid. Even if it is becoming like DBZ, anyone with common sense would know that it eventually would. Kishimoto painted this picture for you back when Naruto powered up against Haku and when the curse seal was introduced for Sasuke. It's not like he's just pulling it out of his ass. In fact, it makes people look pretty stupid to point it out now. Even moreso, Kishimoto ADMITTED that he wouldn't even have become a mangaka if it weren't for Dragonball. He clearly worships it, and obviously his story will take some traits from it. Get over it. There's nothing you can do to change it, and complaining about it and making stupid jokes is not funny, it is only annoying and makes those who use them look like the idiots that they are.
Actually I wasn't complaining, but I was making a joke though. And really it seems like you're the one that needs to get over it.

Btw, welcome back.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 16:18   Link #48
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-Sensei
this chapter was 100% predictable. And ofc sasuke had to do another Katon (like he hadnt done 2 or 3 before against naruto in this fight -_- )
What i didnt expect was Sasuke to look so gay... plz now no one can deny it! SASUKE DOES LOOK GAY! LOOK AT THAT BLOND OR WHITE HAIR OR WHATEVER THAT COLOR IS... AND RED LIPS? WTF...

i dont know where you get red lips from mate, since to me it looks like his mouth is open, with maybe some small fang things inside
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 16:21   Link #49
Rurouni Zeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru
My prediction is that Kabuto (Sasuke's new Sensei) will show up about the same time as Kakashi (Narutos Sensei). There won't be a fight because Kakashi is tired from his mission. That would be the third encounter of those two without a fight, again implying a Kakashi/Kabuto battle in the future.
I was thinking the same thing. As someone said before, Naruto's body might give out soon b/c of using so much of Kyuubi's chakra. Also, Sasuke has used 2 chidoris (I think) and a katon jutsu and has been using a lot of energy on taijutsu as well. There is no way he can last long with C.S. 2 ripping the rest of his chakra from his body. My prediction is that next chapter they're both gonna tank it, with Kakashi and Kabuto showing up to collect the bodies (but not fighting).

I don't think there is a way for Kakashi to die here without him looking like a complete punk a55 in the process. Tired or not, he's still a jounin. If he didn't know how to get himself out of a tight jam, he'd be dead already. Also, the fact that Sasuke has survived this Kyuubi onslaught also shows that Kakashi can as well, for I'm sure he's stronger than normal Sasuke (since Sasuke took the beating before transforming). I will be very disappointed if Kakashi dies.
Rurouni Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 16:30   Link #50
zabuza-sama

Nah...Naruto and Sasuke will fight just a bit more...only to give readers a taste of their future battle many years down the road (time skip of course with each learning from their respected Sannin)....Kakashi will show up and hopefully...for the first time really, use one of 1,000 Jutsus he's learned (besides one's we saw him directly copy in a previous fight and use on the spot) and own Naruto, knocking him out....He'll then hopefully pull up his forehead protector and him and Sasuke will square off. Though Sasuke is Lv. 2 and has two fully developed Sharingan, Kakashi should beat the shit out of him due to experience with Sharingan, Jutsu number, and being a clever Jounin. This will hopefully move away from the power up stage and once again reestablish some sort of ranking, putting this entire power up fiasco in perspective. Then Kabuto will of course show up...pick up Sasuke, Kakashi will pick up Naruto, words shall be exchanged and they part ways (time skip) oh and kabuto and kakashi won't fight for two reasons, Kakashi is tired from traveling and from the fight and Kabuto is ordered to bring back Sasuke immediately...so yeah...hopefully will skip ahead a few years and the first scene which opens will be a repeat of the Funeral, except this time it's Sakura who's dead...she was eaten alive by Shino's out of control insects..lol, j/k
zabuza-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 16:35   Link #51
TotalSpaz

*sigh* this chapter is a disappointment. i wasnt too impressed by the last chapter, so i thought kishimoto would at leat try to make this one kick ass. but no such luck, the chapter was so predictable, alomst everyone knew what was going to happen. i read through the whole chapter with the same expression on my face: one of indifference and wat the hell is up with lvl 2 curse seal sasuke????? he looks so stupid!!! well, actually, most of it was ok, but the hair totally killed it!! what the hell is it suppose to be, it just looks stupid. sigh, sasuke and naruto are my favorite characters, but this arc has been way too boring and predictable!! i hope the next chapter kishimoto surpirses us with somehing amazing (been saying this all through this arc, hasnt happend yet )
TotalSpaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 16:41   Link #52
nitteo
blah blah blah

...it really is looking like kakashi is to be sacrificed for sasuke's MS....

we have this fight because sasuke wants his MS, he is gonna get in in this arc one way or another..there is no way that naruto is going to die, the only other "closest friend" that would fit is kakashi, and now that he is on the way....

kakashi arrives, tries to calm naruto down because he is sh*ting his pants that the seal is gonna break, sasuke in the meantime tries for the killer blow and ends up hitting and killing kakashi instead...sasuke gets remorseful, realizes that kakashi is "almost" like a father or brother (closest friend), and gets MS...who knows from there?

it paralels the sanins to a T, oro kills the 3rd, jiraiya wants revenge

sasuke kills kakashi, naruto will go after him for revenge....

Last edited by nitteo; 2004-09-16 at 17:06.
nitteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 16:52   Link #53
Kylara
Kunoichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
Mou Sukoshi literally means "Just a little more"

I know that in Kakashi's context he can't possibly mean that Sasuke is more special than Naruto. He is nowhere near them.

HOWEVER

The placement of it directly after Sasuke's line of "I'm more special than you" Is not some accident. Have you ever read a story before? It's called allusion.
This looks like a confussion with the translation.

If it were originally in English, I'd agree that Sasuke's quote "I'm more special than you" followed by Kakashi's quote "Just a bit more" would be connected on an allegorical level.

Can any readers who know Japanese (Srin Tuar? since you've been so helpful already ) confirm or deny that Sasuke used the Japanese equivilant to "more" and that Kakashi used the same word?

And nitteo, that's an interesting theory. I'd hate for Kakashi to die, but if Sasuke is going to get Mangekyou, that seems like a reasonable alternative... Except that Kakashi's a jounin and would kick Sasuke's ass. Unless Sasuke was about to kill Naruto and Kakashi sacrifices himself to save Naruto...

But we aren't even sure if Sasuke considers Kakashi a close enough friend for it to work that way. And I still think Kakashi is too strong, CS2 or not.
Kylara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 16:56   Link #54
yanoch
French, english NOOB

From the interview i have read with him, kisimoto didnt worshiped DBZ, he said he liked DB until freeza show up for the first time.

I ll get the link somewhere if needed. Just let me check in my link at home.
yanoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 17:07   Link #55
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Guys, Lost World is correct IMO with the allusion of "Just a bit more." As bad as Naruto's manga endings have been, I doubt he'd in the manga with Kakashi saying "Just a bit more" in reference to him almost being at Sasuke and Naruto's destination. As a matter of fact, I think it foreshadows next issue because of the back and forth fight this thing has taken. That phrase is definitely allusion.

Just think about it, if that meant distance to location, this would be more of a half-assed chapter than I thought. Anyway, had to look at the picture of CSL2 Sasuke again and it does look gay with his capri pants and all. He looks like a lil demon boy. That is as gay as it goes right there.

Oh yeah, and as far as Kakashi possibly dying, get prepared for that one and dont be surprised if it happens. It won't necessarily mean he dies from being overpowered, but like someone said, it could be to save someone or he could get seriously injured and lose his other eye LOL.

EDIT: Special in terms of power at THIS PARTICULAR MOMENT

Last edited by tramadrama; 2004-09-16 at 17:18.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 17:11   Link #56
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsn2k
poor Kakashi, how is he going to stop this ?
Well, unless the chapter says something like; "Meanwhile in Konoha". Then it would probably show Kakashi devising a plan in how to stop their fighting. But as things are, it's less likely .
Old 2004-09-16, 17:13   Link #57
Rurouni Zeke

I don't think that we can "definitively" say anything about that phrase; it is Kishimoto who wrote it. However, in my opinion it really doesn't make sense to all of a sudden say that Sasuke is more special than Naruto after the whole manga has been about Naruto's being "special" because of Kyuubi.
Rurouni Zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 17:16   Link #58
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
You guys whine way too much. I liked this chapter.
It could have been better, but so could a lot of things.
.. and why do people keep saying there's gonna be a time skip?
Is that just wishful thinking? Or has it been confirmed?

Since Naruto is past how he was with Haku, I'm betting that..
the seal is on the way to being broken. Kakashi's gonna freak.
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 17:17   Link #59
wb_hicks

this fight looks to be a 2 on 1 fight. and i doubt naruto is close to getting tired unlike sasuke he has way more stamina. so saying they will both be tired around the same time wont happen. also do you people really believe that kakashi would let kabuto take sasuke come on now be serious. i doubt kabuto will even show up. my thing is how is kakashi going to stop this fight if he arrives while theya re still going at it. sasuke chances of winning is really becoming slim since he been throwing everrything at naruto with no effect. but is it me or does this lvl of kyubi naruto seem to be a mix of kiba, garaa and neji.
one thing that hasnt been cleared up is who is in control naruto or kyubi or is it a union of the two from what it seems fromt eh chapter
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 17:17   Link #60
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

It would be interesting if Sasuke obtains MS by just entering CSL2.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote