AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-16, 23:00   Link #141
wnkryo
HainShodan

Just wanted to mention some thing. This episode, although it was a filler episode, makes absolutely little to no sence with the story line. Nothing about sasuke's recovery or naruto's fight with kabuto, and how itachi's clan is after him for his demon fox powers was discussed at all; they also showed nothing about lee's decision from the last episode or any scenes with jiraiya or tsunade.

It's kinda like they made this episode along time ago but didn't decide to use it untill now because it has nothing to do with the story at all, and even filler episodes have SOME thing to do with the story.

Naruto is becoming like dragonball z, maby even worse.
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 23:07   Link #142
krusher

HAHAHA you guys didnt get the hustle at all....everybody's doing the hustle!

3, 2, 1, HUSTLE HUSTLE
krusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-16, 23:56   Link #143
kboykb

Hustle = humping? That was hilarious after I realized those pokes in their pants were erections.. phew, poor guy, guess he hasn't had a girl since.
kboykb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 00:01   Link #144
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
Just wanted to mention some thing. This episode, although it was a filler episode, makes absolutely little to no sence with the story line. Nothing about sasuke's recovery or naruto's fight with kabuto, and how itachi's clan is after him for his demon fox powers was discussed at all; they also showed nothing about lee's decision from the last episode or any scenes with jiraiya or tsunade.

It's kinda like they made this episode along time ago but didn't decide to use it untill now because it has nothing to do with the story at all, and even filler episodes have SOME thing to do with the story.

Well... these types of shows tend to have their share of bullshit episodes... it's the only way for a show like Naruto to keep going and going as long as they can milk it for cash... cuz if it catches up to the comic, the show is pretty much in deep shit...

just do what I am doing... just skip these episodes and wait for the next arc to begin watching again... since spoilers don't really affect me cuz I read the comic... I check the episode discussion threads to find out if the next arc has begun... and if it's still bullshit episodes... then I just skip it... it's a simple solution...
Old 2004-09-17, 00:06   Link #145
kakash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianboi2k
I thought Lee was going to get heald in this episode, guess I'll have to wait till next week for that. This was one of the funniest episode that the creators made as filler.

^^ LMAO!!!!!!! i thought you meant get head!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA. rofl sorry
kakash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 00:12   Link #146
LunaNeko

Quote:
Just wanted to mention some thing. This episode, although it was a filler episode, makes absolutely little to no sence with the story line.
THIS IS IT!

Maybe the whole arc will be no-relation-to-the-story- line-big-filler-arc.
Treat it as a special, or a movie, as long as Sasuke and Naruto don't use Rasengan and Chidori - it'd be ok, like - a flash-back episode. And then they would go back to all serious stuff. Sasuke - being present at Hokage's ceremony -well, maybe he was there just for that and then went back to the hospital, I am pretty sure anime team doesn't go braindead on how to attach filler arc, Sasuke-goes-to-Neverland-arc - like we all do here. They'll start new arc where they left off and all manga people will get their important manga parts. Treat this filler arc as you would a movie. IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE AND SO WHAT!!!!

I loved Kakashi fanservice in this episode....YUM!!!!
LunaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 02:00   Link #147
Naruto4Lifer
Perverted Hermit Styles

Send a message via MSN to Naruto4Lifer
ohh i don't mind fillers, but really, this one was pretty bad....
Naruto4Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 05:37   Link #148
Sklz711

Smile I think some of the earlier posters got it right.

This episode reminded me ALOT of Excel Saga, and even FLCL at some points. The goofy over-exaggerated animation and lots of sight gags, if you have to have a complete do nothing episode at least this one was funny. Besides, with the re-used animation and non-standard time-skips it makes it preety obvious this entire episodes point was to entertain with an extreme amount of Naruto slapstick. Once the manga arc restarts there isn't going to be time to have erasers drop on Kakashi's head or Konohamaru rubbing his face in Tsunade's cleavage.

Basically, enjoy the light-hearted zanyness before it goes back into heavy-plot mode again.
Sklz711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 06:00   Link #149
PinkSpider
先輩

Send a message via ICQ to PinkSpider Send a message via MSN to PinkSpider
Personally, I was happy that they put the special pilot chapter in the manga to animation. I thought they may never do that. Its super funny and how they actually extend this whole quest to see kakashi's face is just simply ingenious. I think this filler comes at the wrong time, but I suppose i was getting bored with the heavyness in the original story, and luckily, this episode take me back to the series again. Although next episode on tea country mission was like getting too much. I mean, one episode to make me laugh is enough. Too much out of the story can make the series confusing and draggy.
Oh, by the way, I hope they change the Opening and ending theme songs.... haha

I suppose these fillers is meant to commemorate the movie release? I think its still showing in the cinemas. Maybe they already intended to have these filler episodes up on air but just don't know where to fit them in between the series.
PinkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 08:17   Link #150
ninja massacre

Send a message via MSN to ninja massacre
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSpider
Personally, I was happy that they put the special pilot chapter in the manga to animation. I thought they may never do that. Its super funny and how they actually extend this whole quest to see kakashi's face is just simply ingenious. I think this filler comes at the wrong time, but I suppose i was getting bored with the heavyness in the original story, and luckily, this episode take me back to the series again. Although next episode on tea country mission was like getting too much. I mean, one episode to make me laugh is enough. Too much out of the story can make the series confusing and draggy.
Oh, by the way, I hope they change the Opening and ending theme songs.... haha

I suppose these fillers is meant to commemorate the movie release? I think its still showing in the cinemas. Maybe they already intended to have these filler episodes up on air but just don't know where to fit them in between the series.
it was not the Pilot chapters it was the very short special chapter. The pilot chapters were the first version of naruto which kishimoto eventually dumped
ninja massacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 08:42   Link #151
Steffa
Ninja Guru

was it my impression or anime-haven put their opinions about the episode...i read worst episode ever or something like that...should a professional fansubber put this kinda comments??
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 08:46   Link #152
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:

This episode is based on a old omake of 3 pages that Kishimoto made before the war with Konoha vs. the Sand and Sound so it's normal that it doesn't seem to fit at all in the storyline when it wasn't even supposed to happen at a particular moment to begin with.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 09:25   Link #153
lanfear
DB Editor/Timer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to lanfear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffa
was it my impression or anime-haven put their opinions about the episode...i read worst episode ever or something like that...should a professional fansubber put this kinda comments??
I'm interested to hear your definition of "professional fansubber." But anyway... We took some liberties with this episode (I'm part of the team that edits Naruto for AH, if that isn't clear) because it was obviously a comedic episode. In general we try not to take ourselves too seriously. We're in this to have fun. We hope you have fun with our subs too, but if you don't like them, you can obviously wait a couple more days and download Anbu or AonE. I can say that we will handle the serious episodes a little more, well, seriously. But from what I've heard so far a lot of people feel that that bird was the best part of the episode.
lanfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 09:50   Link #154
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffa
Did you pay any money for this episode?

Do you really think you have the right to complain?

And complaining about the second best part of the whole episode, the best part btw was also an A.H contribution.

Sasuke: I'm a ninja genius.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 10:06   Link #155
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
I also like how they translated Sasuke's pun to "you freaking idiot" instead of just "idiot" like the other groups have done in the past.

I found this episode to be utterly hilarious, the best episode since Sasuke got his ass spanked by Lee and Gai was introduced - oh, the hilarity!

Don't get your knickers in a twist guys, it's obvious it's not related to the current story arc. Just think of it as an early episode or a special.

And she may not be that big in the front, but Sakura's pretty well endowed down back!
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 12:20   Link #156
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb

the best episode since Sasuke got his ass spanked by Lee and Gai was introduced - oh, the hilarity!

dude, one of my fav scene !!! but whenever we see gai, it's hilarious ^^
hitokirigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 12:33   Link #157
Peare

Where does the hustle come from?

Some thing only Japanese would get?
Peare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 14:33   Link #158
EfrainMan
Scourge of the Seven Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peare
Where does the hustle come from?

Some thing only Japanese would get?
It's The Hustle, man! Do The Hustle! Someone's gotta catch up on their Disco
EfrainMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 15:32   Link #159
Steffa
Ninja Guru

well i think it's wrong to put in things that are not part of the dialogues...it's very misleading...and yea i have all the right to complain since u are also free to not distribute...then if u choose to fansub and distribute the episodes of naruto u have to take all critics that come from people that download from u and that by doing so they push u to go ahead with the series...nobody is forcing you to do it....
and yeah professionally fansubbers because i doubt that u guys just do this out of your warm heart....anyway i don't really care...i just think u are stupid to have put ur personal inputs and that from now on i will not download a-h fansubs....and i am going to tell everybody that u are stuffing up with the dialogues and not respecting those that don't know japanese and that they trust ur subtitles
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-17, 15:59   Link #160
Anthriel
天使

Well ... this episode was just some comedy crap ... but I like comedy crap more than regular crap (in other words, the next arc), therefore, I actually didn't mind it at all. I thought it had quite some funny moments.
Better than I expected, that's for sure. Actually, I like this episode more than the current predictable, DragonballZ-ish manga chapters.
As for Anime-Heavens version, I thought it fit. It was a comedy episode after all, as long as you get the jokes, I don't know why you shouldn't change some words to your liking.
Quote:
well i think it's wrong to put in things that are not part of the dialogues...it's very misleading...and yea i have all the right to complain since u are also free to not distribute...then if u choose to fansub and distribute the episodes of naruto u have to take all critics that come from people that download from u and that by doing so they push u to go ahead with the series...nobody is forcing you to do it....
Take all the critics? Obviously, subbers have to expect critics, that doesn't mean they have to actually listen to it. If I were a fansubber, I would simply ignore people like you. ^_^
Quote:
and yeah professionally fansubbers because i doubt that u guys just do this out of your warm heart....anyway i don't really care...i just think u are stupid to have put ur personal inputs and that from now on i will not download a-h fansubs....and i am going to tell everybody that u are stuffing up with the dialogues and not respecting those that don't know japanese and that they trust ur subtitles
Yeah, they don't do it for the warm heart, they do it for all the money people like you pay them. Wait ... that would be ... zero Dollars? Ah ... no, they have to upload it, therefore, they actually spend money on fansubbing. ^^
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote