bad ass soldier girl
Katana
silence 9mm gun
crossbow/bow & arrow
and or a sunflower

{insert ending song of plant Vs Zombie here}

>_<

one must atleast have one of them to call it a good day to survive
You forgot flame thrower, axe and gasoline even.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 04:19   Link #1422
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
You forgot flame thrower, axe and gasoline even.

Really? All you need is an advanced exoskeleton suit and a katana and you'll be having a grand time in zombieland. (you might also need a block sharpener)
Something like this:

Why is there no show like that?
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 05:41   Link #1423
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Really? All you need is an advanced exoskeleton suit and a katana and you'll be having a grand time in zombieland. (you might also need a block sharpener)
Because if you're old school, what you would want the most are elements of survival and terror/horror, not over-the-top action with overpowered military equipments. It feels damn great to overkill zombies, but not when it's done in excess.
Old 2010-07-18, 05:50   Link #1424
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
PS: Random HOTD news of the day
http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-5828.html
Popularity Poll thing (they did one?):
1. Busujima
2. Kouta
3. Rei
4. Takashi
5. Shizuka
6. Saya
Arueeh~ How did Sensei become 5th... Above Saya and co...
There is only one reason why Busujima and Kouta were on the top, and its the same reason of why this thread got filled with posts till few pages after episode 2.

Though i don't really agree with Rei being on the third spot. Its Takashi that should be on the 3rd instead of Rei. Rei annoyed me on the first episode, though she looks reliable and dependent after that, but still, i really hate her. Nah nvm about it.

However its just appropriate for the nurse to be on the fifth spot. In fact it would be better if she's on the 6th and Saya on the 5th. Saya's loudness on her claim of being genius was nowhere near annoying compared to the nurse's attitude. Forget about the boing boing, being clueless about the situation she's at, being completely worthless, and still cared about her belongings than her survivability, i wonder how stupid can she goes with that kind of attitude.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

But on second thought, the poll was about popularity, not about usefulness anyway. So don't care about what i mentioned above.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 05:57   Link #1425
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAKami View Post
Because if you're old school, what you would want the most are elements of survival and terror/horror, not over-the-top action with overpowered military equipments. It feels damn great to overkill zombies, but not when it's done in excess.
Of course, those are staples of this genre. I guess if they ever run out of ideas, or get bored of doing a straight zombie show....
Old 2010-07-18, 06:02   Link #1426
Qikz

My character top 6.

1.Kouta
2. Saya
3. Busujima
4. Takashi
5. Rei
6. Shizuka
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 06:04   Link #1427
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
anyway, its important to remember that these are ordinary(mostly) people forced into an extreme enviroment. emotional breakdowns will occur. but, im sure that in time everyone will become hardened and accustomed to being a badass, up until a certain few die. namely the nurse. oh god i hope she dies.
In a crisis even the Woobie can take an A Level In Badass, in fact he the woobie will probably be more badass than Chuck Norris when he is done. Give it a few episodes and Takagi will be having fun chainsawing zombies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
in zombie apocalypse one must atleast have one of the following

Pyscho grilfriend
Loli girl who lost parent
airhead teacher/nurse/doctor
bad ass soldier girl
Katana
silence 9mm gun
crossbow/bow & arrow
and or a sunflower

{insert ending song of plant Vs Zombie here}

>_<

one must atleast have one of them to call it a good day to survive
You forgot the smart stoic, religious nut and selfish prick who tries to steal all your supplies.

Edit: Ooh how could I forget the sarcastic black guy

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 06:06   Link #1428
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAKami View Post
It feels damn great to overkill zombies, but not when it's done in excess.
It feels more GAR when you kill zombies with just courage, resourcefulness and ingenuity. And by courage, I mean overcome your fear, not recklessly throwing yourself into a zombie horde while doing hotblooded screams, this won't save your ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post

Edit: Ooh how could I forget the sarcastic black guy
He usually dies first. Unless it is a Romero where he will be the last man standing. Only to get killed by armed forces.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 06:08   Link #1429
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
There is only one reason why Busujima and Kouta were on the top, and its the same reason of why this thread got filled with posts till few pages after episode 2.

Though i don't really agree with Rei being on the third spot. Its Takashi that should be on the 3rd instead of Rei. Rei annoyed me on the first episode, though she looks reliable and dependent after that, but still, i really hate her. Nah nvm about it.

However its just appropriate for the nurse to be on the fifth spot. In fact it would be better if she's on the 6th and Saya on the 5th. Saya's loudness on her claim of being genius was nowhere near annoying compared to the nurse's attitude. Forget about the boing boing, being clueless about the situation she's at, being completely worthless, and still cared about her belongings than her survivability, i wonder how stupid can she goes with that kind of attitude.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

But on second thought, the poll was about popularity, not about usefulness anyway. So don't care about what i mentioned above.
I do hope saya pulls away from that overly cocky attitude that has no impact on the situation she has. But im sure itll be gone really soon, like next episode. though her observational skills are going to come in handy, and she is pretty cunning, espesially to have survived with kouta so long before becoming overwhelmed.

that poll is early in the anime right? if so, itll fluctuate. i have no problem with rei, i just have a problem with takashi's treatment of her. whats going on right now is a suspension bridge effect after having so much trauma so fast. just eh, he seems like a really big jerk.

anyway, i want headcrabs. that would be some freaky crap. i still remember the ravenholm mission.....(and i have nerves of paper in games)
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 07:17   Link #1430
Wrath88
Kissing...

I predicted the 1. and 2. too... hard not to, to be honest.
Old 2010-07-18, 07:21   Link #1431
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Something like this:

Well yes...logically if the zombies cannot bite then they cannot infect you......BTW was there ever a original idea like a zombie vaccine.....that would be in this series......I think resident evil went somewhere there along that.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 08:02   Link #1432
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Well yes...logically if the zombies cannot bite then they cannot infect you......BTW was there ever a original idea like a zombie vaccine.....that would be in this series......I think resident evil went somewhere there along that.
They can still infect via fluidic transmission, and probably it depends on the rules the series is following – Romero, Russo, or a variant of its own.
And yes, Biohazard series did have vaccines for the T-virus, G-virus, Las Plagas and etc.
Old 2010-07-18, 08:25   Link #1433
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Max brooks 's world war z also had a vaccsine but it was really a placebo to calm the public
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 09:00   Link #1434
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
Saya: Reach out and touch someone with that chain saw. Crying girl+ Chainsaw melee is the ultimate messed up combo.
It's not apparent due to all the censorship (it seems that even in the ATX version this bit was rather blacked out) but she's actually using a portable electric drill. Chainsaw would be pretty awesome but if you think about it there's no way they'd have a chainsaw at school.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 09:03   Link #1435
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:

It's like god mode!
Old 2010-07-18, 09:06   Link #1436
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
It's not apparent due to all the censorship (it seems that even in the ATX version this bit was rather blacked out) but she's actually using a portable electric drill. Chainsaw would be pretty awesome but if you think about it there's no way they'd have a chainsaw at school.
I thought it was a drill gun! A chainsaw would have ended that zombie a lot quicker.

I can't wait to see that uncensored, must have been bloody awesome (pun intended).
Old 2010-07-18, 10:51   Link #1437
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

question what do you prefer an exoskeleton kinda like fox? or those exosuit kinda like vital suits in lost planet to mow down zombie hordes
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 11:06   Link #1438
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Damn, Rei is third in the polls. And Hirano's rating is only gonna rise. Saeko is probably gonna stay at the top for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
question what do you prefer an exoskeleton kinda like fox? or those exosuit kinda like vital suits in lost planet to mow down zombie hordes
I guess an exoskeleton since you only need to be out of it when you're peeing.
Old 2010-07-18, 11:54   Link #1439
Gaia
ROW! ROW! FIGHT DA POWAH!
*Graphic Designer

One thing I was always wondering about... If the virus spreads due to fluid exchange (mainly blood), wouldn't it be realistic, that anyone becomes infected at some point? I mean, come on - When people slay zombies and the blood splashs everywhere, it's just a question of time, until you get a little bit into your mouth or maybe into a wound, you got while surviving. That nullifies most of the zombie apocalypse escaping ideas, in my opinion, unsless you are either immune or in some kind of shell, that protects you from any fluids.
Gaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 12:15   Link #1440
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaia View Post
One thing I was always wondering about... If the virus spreads due to fluid exchange (mainly blood), wouldn't it be realistic, that anyone becomes infected at some point? I mean, come on - When people slay zombies and the blood splashs everywhere, it's just a question of time, until you get a little bit into your mouth or maybe into a wound, you got while surviving. That nullifies most of the zombie apocalypse escaping ideas, in my opinion, unsless you are either immune or in some kind of shell, that protects you from any fluids.
I don't think in this it's spread by fluid exchange, atleast it doesn't look like it.

I think the zombies just infect you with the virus if they bite you down to the fact did you see how much blood the first guy who died lost? Then it's a matter of he died and turned.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse