Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-09-18, 14:03   Link #2221
Pyro
無謀な火

Send a message via ICQ to Pyro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARNEL98
switched to a simple wall this time around...
simple....but sweeeeet!!!... I really like it

@Ambience Blue

gorgeous tsukihime wall. My first time seeing this
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 14:10   Link #2222
Marlin
Sakura's so cute!

Send a message via MSN to Marlin
How about. you being a perverted hermit
Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 15:19   Link #2223
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuiichi
A lot of people seem to like galaxy angel a lot... is it really that funny? Lol, well i guess i better tell my friend about it.. he's at a loss for what to watch now, azumanga daioh spoiled him
Yes, the series is absolutely hilarious. S3 is the best of the 4 so far as far as I'm concerned. It's as funny as Asumanga Daioh, but it's a different kind of funny. They do a lot of parody's on GA.
Quote:
Nice wallpaper too, i like the film effects that you put around the characters. But, i must say that the background is a little bare. Still nice though ^_^
Can't take credit for all the artwork. I snagged a screenshot of part of the beginning and ending for S3 and did a lot of cleanup on it, then expanded it out into what you see. So the film effects were already there.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-18, 15:40   Link #2224
Diaphanus
Usor Linguae Latinae

My desktop:

Spoiler:

Ego Akiham amo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambience Blue
YES! Akiha Tohno soooo rulez.
She sure does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
my new wallpaper
Spoiler:
I like it very much!
Old 2004-09-18, 15:52   Link #2225
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Can't take credit for all the artwork. I snagged a screenshot of part of the beginning and ending for S3 and did a lot of cleanup on it, then expanded it out into what you see. So the film effects were already there.
You did a good job of cleaning it all up though, it all came together nicely.

I really need to change my desktop.... i've had the same one for around 5 weeks... thats like a record for me. This one is just so perfect though... In case you didn't see the first time i posted it, i'll post it again

Spoiler:

I'm going to just tell you the changes from then. On the right side of the Steam icon i now have a Far Cry icon (a game i just recently got, great action) Yeah, i think thats all the noticable changes.
EDIT: I took Winamp out of the quicklaunch and replaced it with iTunes ^_^ Autosync with iPod!!! ^_^_^_^_^
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 00:34   Link #2226
ramune

Quote:
I really need to change my desktop.... i've had the same one for around 5 weeks... thats like a record for me. This one is just so perfect though... In case you didn't see the first time i posted it, i'll post it again

Spoiler:
I completely understand your attachment to this wallpaper. It's the best Wind wallpaper I've ever seen. I was using this wallpaper for like 2 months before I changed it to my current one ^^
ramune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 12:40   Link #2227
killmoms
Former Triad Typesetter

That wind desktop looks very similar to the visual style of Makoto Shinkai, the man responsible for "Voices of a Distant Star" (Hoshi no Koe) and "Beyond the Clouds: The Promised Place." The sky in particular.

On a semi-related note, where's a good source for lots of high-quality, high-res anime wallpaper? I've had trouble finding lots of 1280 x 960 or 1280 x 1024 walls that I can cut down to 1280 x 854 for my PowerBook's screen. Any suggestions?
killmoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 13:25   Link #2228
Yuiichi
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClessAlvein
That wind desktop looks very similar to the visual style of Makoto Shinkai, the man responsible for "Voices of a Distant Star" (Hoshi no Koe) and "Beyond the Clouds: The Promised Place." The sky in particular.

On a semi-related note, where's a good source for lots of high-quality, high-res anime wallpaper? I've had trouble finding lots of 1280 x 960 or 1280 x 1024 walls that I can cut down to 1280 x 854 for my PowerBook's screen. Any suggestions?
Well, i would suggest clearlypixelated.com, go to desktop anime, and look there. Erm... theres always animewallpapers.com, but i don't know if they have any in that size.

Sorry, thats all i can think of.
Old 2004-09-19, 18:24   Link #2229
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
New destop for me. Im going all out with some OS Tan stuff ^^

Spoiler:
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 18:30   Link #2230
Yuiichi
Retired.

SiL Eighty: Where did you get that cool OS-tan wallpaper??? I must have one of XP-tan. If theres like a certain site with lots of them, please tell me!
Old 2004-09-19, 19:35   Link #2231
Thelastguardian

Spoiler:

I am seriously starting to think I am the only person in AS that use Chinese/Jap/English Windows.

Gosh I hate Widescreen. Anyone want to trade a 15" laptop with me? XD
Old 2004-09-19, 21:10   Link #2232
bubblehead

Send a message via Yahoo to bubblehead
Quote:
SiL Eighty: Where did you get that cool OS-tan wallpaper??? I must have one of XP-tan. If theres like a certain site with lots of them, please tell me!
The "official" site: http://nijiura-os.hp.infoseek.co.jp/
Warning, it's in broken Japanese (meaning the characters show up as gibberish though I have the Japanese language pack), at least for me (using Firefox).

It has a lot of wallpapers; follow my guide to the XP section and it's the third text link within the section, I believe. Some of the links are dead though.

Spoiler for my guide to the site:

Spoiler for my desktop - 1280x1024:

Found at:http://www.otakubell.com/os-girls/Ga...cat=3&expand=1

I actually use Windows XP, not 2000.
bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 22:45   Link #2233
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Quote:
Goto the link that bubblehead put it has everything you could passibly want. For each os-tan there are 3 sections under their name that'll apear at the top of the screen. 1st row is random colored art, 2nd row is scetches and 3rd row are the wallpapers.

My wp is of 2k-tan, but i had to get rid of the the "windows 2000 profesional" tag that was in the bottom left hand corner since i use xp lol ^^ , and my sig is also some random art that i liked or me-tan.

Oh and bubblehead if you got anything else of Firefox-tan can u send it my way? Its really hard to find anything of her.
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 22:59   Link #2234
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblehead
Spoiler for my desktop - 1280x1024:

Found at:http://www.otakubell.com/os-girls/Ga...cat=3&expand=1

I actually use Windows XP, not 2000.

For those wondering what the text says, on the left:
"I don't think you should use Internet Explorer!"

On the right:
"I'm Mozilla Firefox! Nice to meet you!"

Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-19, 23:15   Link #2235
Oujirou
イルージョン

Send a message via MSN to Oujirou
Wow you really can't find many firefox-tan pics, oh well, here's the original of that wallpaper just for the hell of it
Oujirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 00:11   Link #2236
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
You did a good job of cleaning it all up though, it all came together nicely.

Spoiler:

I'm going to just tell you the changes from then. On the right side of the Steam icon i now have a Far Cry icon (a game i just recently got, great action) Yeah, i think thats all the noticable changes.
EDIT: I took Winamp out of the quicklaunch and replaced it with iTunes ^_^ Autosync with iPod!!! ^_^_^_^_^
/laugh i have the very same background. however, i believe i am running it at a higher Res than you are

well... this was my background, but they are the same icons as the one i am using now... ^^

Spoiler:

which is this one
Spoiler:
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 03:33   Link #2237

Send a message via AIM to Karma Send a message via MSN to Karma

There's mine, nothing special....
Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 17:38   Link #2238
Yuiichi
Retired.

Thank you bubblehead and Sil Eighty for those links ^_^ Greatly appreciated! Hrmm... looking for a good one of XP-tan now
Old 2004-09-20, 21:26   Link #2239
chris
[root@localhost]#
*IT Support

Well I figure since everyone else has posted there wallpapers I will as well. Im going to warn 56k users now the image is big.

http://images.genstation.sytes.net/desktop3.png
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-20, 22:46   Link #2240
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris
Well I figure since everyone else has posted there wallpapers I will as well. Im going to warn 56k users now the image is big.

http://images.genstation.sytes.net/desktop3.png

W00t Linux desktop! There haven't been enough of those lately. What distro are you running? I would post a shot of my desktop but it hasn't really changed much (and I don't need it to).

(PS: rep++ )
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customize, desktop, rainmeter, wallpaper