AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: What banner would you most like to see at the top of the forum.
Ambience Blue - 05 15 7.39%
anbu_33 - 07 19 9.36%
ChibiDusk - 11 5 2.46%
Hellychan - 23 23 11.33%
Hellychan - 24 10 4.93%
Mantidor - 33 12 5.91%
MidoriShinobi - 35 32 15.76%
OMchan - 38 23 11.33%
OMchan - 39 32 15.76%
OMchan - 40 10 4.93%
Oneesama - 41 9 4.43%
Wandering_Youth - 57 13 6.40%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-20, 20:19   Link #81
quikimpulse
Suicidal Maniac!!!!!

Even though i voted for wandering youth, it looks like OMchan-39 is the winner since today is the last day to vote. At least the Naruto banner didn't win .
Old 2004-09-20, 20:21   Link #82
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikimpulse
Even though i voted for wandering youth, it looks like OMchan-39 is the winner since today is the last day to vote. At least the Naruto banner didn't win .
it's twm though... at 14:35

I still havent' voted yet....
Old 2004-09-20, 20:23   Link #83
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I like to believe that my favorite, MidoriShinobi's Bottle Fairies, still has a chance. It is only a few votes from victory and there might be a bunch of people that have been saving their votes until the last minute.

In case anyone has lost track,

Only 20 hours left to vote

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-09-20, 20:39   Link #84
OMchan
オムちゃん

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I like to believe that my favorite, MidoriShinobi's Bottle Fairies, still has a chance.
They're from Bottle Fairies?! I always thought that they were chibis from Bakuten.
I don't watch either series BTW. XD (Maybe that's why...)

Kimi ni Todoke
Old 2004-09-20, 21:34   Link #85
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
NSW likes Midori's banner? *blushes*
Thank you very very much!!!

Everyone!! Please support me!!
Old 2004-09-20, 21:51   Link #86
B3H

I vote for MidoriShinobi, I think that banner would fit the forum perfectly
Old 2004-09-20, 21:59   Link #87
OMchan
オムちゃん

Wow MidoriShinobi, you just exploded from 24 votes to a whopping 35. XD

Kimi ni Todoke
Old 2004-09-20, 22:08   Link #88
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
eeh! really?! I hope OMchan get at least second place!! gambare!!
Old 2004-09-20, 22:08   Link #89
~ninjacowboy~
wheres the middle finger?

Send a message via AIM to ~ninjacowboy~ Send a message via MSN to ~ninjacowboy~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~ninjacowboy~
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMchan
Wow MidoriShinobi, you just exploded from 24 votes to a whopping 35. XD
it's what i like to call.....ownage
Spoiler:

EDIT: eh i forgot to say this, my brains been a scramble latley -.-,
good job to all!
and to all,
a toast i do cheer.
for makeing it so clear,
how much this means to you,
and in all you hold dear.

~OH ya made that up in ten seconds :O~
Old 2004-09-20, 22:39   Link #90
OMchan
オムちゃん

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriShinobi
eeh! really?! I hope OMchan get at least second place!! gambare!!
Hehe, me too. XD

This was my first time making banners for a contest of any sort. Here's what I learned from this first-time experience...

1. Never make ANY Naruto banners since people don't want them. :P [I never knew. D:]
2. Make banners represent the theme more closely.

Can't wait for the next contest.

Kimi ni Todoke
Old 2004-09-20, 22:45   Link #91
aahhsin

Quote:
Hehe, me too. XD

This was my first time making banners for a contest of any sort. Here's what I learned from this first-time experience...

1. Never make ANY Naruto banners since people don't want them. :P [I never knew. D:]
2. Make banners represent the theme more closely.

Can't wait for the next contest.
No.

1. Make banners filled with as much technical skill as you can. People will vote for it.

2. Make banners as cute as possible. And people will vote for it.

Theme doesn't matter. Just throw some falling leaves and your theme is set. That's all it takes.

3. You make Naruto Banners and advertise them in the Naruto Forums. My guess is that the Naruto isn't overwhelming the other banners because hardly anyone from that area ventured to the general chat.

Follow those 3 rules and I'm sure you'll win next time (I think you're winning anyways, 2nd and 3rd place. So you're obviously doing something right.)

I'm voting for Hellychan #23.

As much as I hate that banner, I have to vote for it because I really don't want you Omchan to win both 2nd and 3rd place. Doesn't matter what NSW said about someone can only have 1 banner win. I want the top 3 to be different.
Old 2004-09-20, 22:55   Link #92
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:

people don't want them? I myself sure don't want them, but I don't think you can call a banner ranked third in number of votes as "not wanted"

sigh... it's already a lost cause... but I guess I should be happy enough already as the current top banner is bottle fairies, instead of FMA or Naruto...
Old 2004-09-20, 22:55   Link #93
Zelgadis
aka. ZP

Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis
I voted for MidoriShinobi - 35.

It was a hard call, but the layout is perfect. My other choices would have been
Hellychan - 23
ChibiDusk - 11
anbu_33 - 07

I know the last is a fanboy one, but it is well put together. Truly a Halloween Banner.
Old 2004-09-20, 23:02   Link #94
OMchan
オムちゃん

@ aahhsin: But these weren't the things I learned myself, more like what you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
1. Make banners filled with as much technical skill as you can. People will vote for it.
It's kinda hard to apply a lot of technical skill to the forum banners because the BG is set. And you don't really want to clutter up the area either.

Quote:
2. Make banners as cute as possible. And people will vote for it.
My definition of cute is different from (let's say...) the people who think the girls from Midori's #35 banner are cute. I don't think they're cute, but I don't think they're ugly either. It's kinda in between. ^^; So it's hard to stick to your own tastes and please other people at the same time.

Quote:
Theme doesn't matter. Just throw some falling leaves and your theme is set. That's all it takes.
Yeah... that's what I did... and look how #40 turned out.

Quote:
3. You make Naruto Banners and advertise them in the Naruto Forums. My guess is that the Naruto isn't overwhelming the other banners because hardly anyone from that area ventured to the general chat.
Yeah... and the rest of the people tend to 'avoid' the Naruto (and FMA?) banners. And yes, I agree with the last part.

Quote:
As much as I hate that banner, I have to vote for it because I really don't want you Omchan to win both 2nd and 3rd place. Doesn't matter what NSW said about someone can only have 1 banner win. I want the top 3 to be different.
Hehe, I'm happy as long as I can stay in second. Third doesn't matter to me really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
people don't want them? I myself sure don't want them, but I don't think you can call a banner ranked third in number of votes as "not wanted"
Well, I get the impression that people just downright don't want Naruto from most of the Naruto-related posts in this thread.

"sigh... it's already a lost cause... but I guess I should be happy enough already as the current top banner is bottle fairies, instead of FMA or Naruto... "

See?

Kimi ni Todoke

Last edited by OMchan; 2004-09-20 at 23:13.
Old 2004-09-20, 23:19   Link #95
~ninjacowboy~
wheres the middle finger?

Send a message via AIM to ~ninjacowboy~ Send a message via MSN to ~ninjacowboy~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~ninjacowboy~
naruto............................................ .......................don't get me started.i don't hate it theres just too many fan boys involed =\

and im SO makeing a OP banner next time :O
Old 2004-09-21, 01:05   Link #96
Hyuuga Neji
Byakugan Master

Send a message via AIM to Hyuuga Neji
Quote:
Originally Posted by quikimpulse
I voted on MidoriShinobi's because even though I LOVE naruto I thought that banner fit perfectly, and im so sick of people bashing naruto and saying oh well atleast Naruto isnt going to win, if you dont like it dont talk about it, dont watch it dont read it but shut up and let the people who do like it enjoy it...just because you think its stupid doesnt give you the right to bring down everyone else who does like it...
Old 2004-09-21, 01:06   Link #97
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Ouch, us lower 10s got smoked by the top 3 by like 20 votes. Oh well, atleast I made it to the finals which is a big improvement for me.
Old 2004-09-21, 01:37   Link #98
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

[chanting]please win Hellychan - 23 please win Hellychan - 23 please win Hellychan - 23 please win Hellychan - 23 please win Hellychan - 23 please win Hellychan - 23 please win Hellychan - 23 please win Hellychan - 23 please win Hellychan - 23[/chanting]
Old 2004-09-21, 03:20   Link #99
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

BTW It is looking quite possible that there will be a tie for third place. In case you're wondering what will happen in that instance, I'll tell you now.

In case of a tie, who will win the tie-break will be determined by a private voting round among moderators.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-09-21, 03:36   Link #100
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth
Ouch, us lower 10s got smoked by the top 3 by like 20 votes. Oh well, atleast I made it to the finals which is a big improvement for me.
^^ there we go! all in the spirit of fun! ( and improvement)
Quote:
[chanting]please win Hellychan - 23 please win Hellychan - 23 please win Hellychan - 23 please win Hellychan - 23 please win Hellychan - 23 please win Hellychan - 23 please win Hellychan - 23 please win Hellychan - 23 please win Hellychan - 23[/chanting]
you are in luck, hellychan is ahead by 1 vote.

Quote:
In case of a tie, who will win the tie-break will be determined by a private voting round among moderators.
how long will the Mod- Voting be open?
Closed Thread

Tags
banner contest, contest