Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-08, 00:46   Link #181
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
That still not enough against high power players like Admirals or the Yonkou. If your talking about fight with Ace, Admiral Akainu defeated ace in two blows. First blow was to show who's logia was stronger and the second was I can kill even if your logia.

I myself see Blackbeard going this route if he gets a zoan fruit. It would be a great combo and he would beable to stand up against fighters like Akainu.
I certainly don't think Blackbeard would have as easy a time with the admirals as he did with Ace. Seeing how resilient Akainu is, Blackbeard would have a much harder time with him.

Blackbeard possessing all three classes of devil fruits would be insane, and I honestly won't be surprised if this happens. It would make him more "complete" .
Old 2010-08-08, 01:26   Link #182
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Akainu got temporarily taken out by Whitebeard in two hits. Blackbeard got the same treatment and he still managed to stay conscious in order to call for help.
Well actually, Akairu took two quake empowered attacks (the second of which also destroyed the HQ), where as blackbeard took one glaive hit and one quake hit... not to mention that Ankairu had been fighting for a while by that point while Blackbeard was fresh to the battlefield... and whitebeard seemed more closer to death by the time Blackbeard got at him; what with Ankairu taking half his face in there little exchange... so technically i'd say ankairu looked like he took more damage.
Old 2010-08-08, 03:27   Link #183
Munty192
Life is a Game...

no......he run because if he stay the lost out number the gains he would get going up against akainu, and he would loose alot, so yes dk about the rest of the forum but BB had no reason to fight but just for imagination sake if he did decide to go up against Akainu.my money is on akainu wiping the floor with him hahahaha BB is wicked and all and have much experience but 2 me he still have a long way to go only god in heaven and Oda knows how he actually manage to scar shanks, that would be a nice flashback to witness atleast BB history
Old 2010-08-08, 03:29   Link #184
SMASHERJACKSON

as for BB vs Akainu i agree that Akainu would win vs BB currently, hes just too beastly.

Im curious though did Megallans poison only work on BB cos he takes dmg like a non DF body + some, i mean i dont think itd work vs a say a logia in thier logia form like if Ace made his entire body into Fire or something [the fire could probably incinerate the toxins anyway].
Old 2010-08-08, 11:35   Link #185
Kallen4life

tbh I believe after absorbing Gura Gura no Mi and DECLARING WAR ON THE WORLD AND SAYING IT WAS HIS AGE, BB was, well, kinda like on crack/high .. from the feeling of 2x DF inside him .. which lowered his cautious nature .. also since he said it was his age in front of the whole world - he had to prove it, challenging Sengoku & Garp and/or destroying Marineford seemed like a nice way to show it .. besides when else would he have the chance to be @ marineford again and to destroy the HQ

fighting Akainu in the middle of nowhere however (for a SHIP) seems less logical

and yes, Sengoku & Garp are both physical and physical damage is something BB can take nicely .. magma fist - not so much

he wasn't ready for Shanks either - I guess Shanks is a worse opponent for him then Sengoku & Garp .. Shanks = Mihawk level sword skillz + Kings Haki + I assume high speed (of which BB has none .. he has never shown any speed above average humans) .. and he has no DF to nullify .. he did give him that scar, but that doesn't say much
Old 2010-08-08, 13:18   Link #186
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
he did give him that scar, but that doesn't say much

Actually, I think that speaks volumes about how dangerous Blackbeard was before he got EITHER of his DF powers. Heck, Shanks even clearly told Whitebeard that the scar was NOT a result of him being careless. As I said before, I concede that being cowardly is a part of Blackbeard's nature, but that doesn't make him any less of a threat as he's being built up to be.....

And as far as the rest of his crew goes, I think it's too soon to say whether or not any of them are capable of taking on any admirals because..... well, we haven't really seen any of them reveal their full potential yet (hell, it wasn't even until Impel Down that we learned Lafitte could use wings!). I do know that Teach warned his initial crewmembers that they couldn't beat Ace yet when they fought at Banaro, but that doesn't exactly mean that they weren't capable of fighting against him, either. Still, it would be best to wait before we can fully judge the strength of Blackbeard's crew.....
Old 2010-08-08, 14:02   Link #187
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Good Stuff:
- Chopper and Sanji will actually grow stronger from this randomness.
- Bonny bondage scenes wtf.
- Drake insulting Kaidou.
- Moria is alive.

Bad Stuff :
- Yet another "how random guy pwned Blackbeard with his mere presence" theory for Whitebeard fanboys.
- Good old Shirryu The Rain turned into "Shiilew" worldwide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Blackbeard possessing all three classes of devil fruits would be insane, and I honestly won't be surprised if this happens. It would make him more "complete" .
Remembering the infamous "3 skull flag" and "Its not he, its they" discussions, 3 devil fruits of each kind in one special person sounds extremely real to me.
Old 2010-08-08, 20:20   Link #188
secretzfan
*Fansubber

awesome chapter esspecially since the supernovas are back in action, but WTF with Sanji
Old 2010-08-09, 13:32   Link #189
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Remembering the infamous "3 skull flag" and "Its not he, its they" discussions, 3 devil fruits of each kind in one special person sounds extremely real to me.
I wonder if Blackbeard would go after Rob Lucci for his Zoan powers? Didn't Lucci mention that he has the most powerful Zoan fruit of all?
Old 2010-08-09, 13:41   Link #190
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Lucci obviously never met Marco.
Old 2010-08-09, 13:45   Link #191
Kallen4life

Quote:
Didn't Lucci mention that he has the most powerful Zoan fruit of all?
1) he did ?
2) that's a load of BS I think

nothing against Chopper (love him and his drugs Rumble balls), but so far, I'm quite unimpressed with Zoans, save for Marco (which is quite defensive, I haven't seen it much in offense except flying) ..
and I was always of the opinion that the zoan DF's gave next to nothing to Lucci/Jyabura/Kaku (but they did give the disability in the water) .. I mean they are already physical fighters and yeah, zoans are supposed to enhance that, but it gives them nothing new - just, supposedly, stronger punches etc. .. Kalifa's gave her a whole new strategy to fight with (disable first, then punch .. and Blueno's even more so) and I'm pretty sure Luffy's DF is MUCH better then any regular zoan for a martial artist, even not counting the gears, which pretty much propell him in to the top league (his non G2 speed is pretty much useless against serious opponents nowadays)

that said I want ol' BB to get a whopping zoan, but a mythical one :O
Old 2010-08-09, 14:39   Link #192
ZeroForever

Lucci never said that, he just said zoans are best for augmenting physical abilities, meaning it just makes you stronger/faster then you already are.
Personally I felt that it works like a multiplier in that instead of boosting you by + X it instead multiples X. So if you were 100 before instead of 100 + 50, its more like 100 x 1.5 so the higher your base stats are the greater the boost.
Considering we've seen 2 special zoan df's ancient and mythic it's obvious a standard animal one isn't the strongest.

Honestly I'm leaning towards BB having the zoan cerberus already as it would fit his flag motif of 3 heads and it could explain how he managed a 3 claw wound on shanks. It would also explain multiple abilities as 3 heads could mean a different head ate each fruit. Either way this is all just personal speculation.
Old 2010-08-09, 14:42   Link #193
Kallen4life

Quote:
Honestly I'm leaning towards BB having the zoan cerberus already as it would fit his flag motif of 3 heads and it could explain how he managed a 3 claw wound on shanks. It would also explain multiple abilities as 3 heads could mean a different head ate each fruit. Either way this is all just personal speculation.
nice theory
Old 2010-08-09, 14:55   Link #194
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
Lucci never said that, he just said zoans are best for augmenting physical abilities, meaning it just makes you stronger/faster then you already are.
Personally I felt that it works like a multiplier in that instead of boosting you by + X it instead multiples X. So if you were 100 before instead of 100 + 50, its more like 100 x 1.5 so the higher your base stats are the greater the boost.
Considering we've seen 2 special zoan df's ancient and mythic it's obvious a standard animal one isn't the strongest.

And Chopper just said that carnivorous zoans are a lot more violent.

Can't say I think you're theory of BB is right as it would be strange that he's still keeping it secret. Especially since zoans make you physically stronger which would have helped him endure all those attacks he just took so far in the series. Would be kind of silly of him to keep such a thing still behind. Though I do think it's an interesting theory that he'll still acquire a Zoan DF cause of his flag. Btw everyone knows that that 3 claw wound is from a fork cause Shanks tried to take his pie.
Old 2010-08-09, 22:37   Link #195
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
- Yet another "how random guy pwned Blackbeard with his mere presence" theory for Whitebeard fanboys.
What?

Quote:
Btw everyone knows that that 3 claw wound is from a fork cause Shanks tried to take his pie.
This made me chuckle.
Old 2010-08-10, 01:42   Link #196
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
That still not enough against high power players like Admirals or the Yonkou. If your talking about fight with Ace, Admiral Akainu defeated ace in two blows. First blow was to show who's logia was stronger and the second was I can kill even if your logia.

I myself see Blackbeard going this route if he gets a zoan fruit. It would be a great combo and he would beable to stand up against fighters like Akainu.
let's be fair to ace. He was already half or 3/4 dead when he was freed and he had a big burden of a brother to protect. If anything, I judge that he died because he solidified to take the magma punch so that it won't hit luffy.

I don't doubt that he would have lost in that fight to akainu eventually, but it wouldn't have been that easy. Or for that matter, I believe he could escape if he needed to.
Old 2010-08-10, 03:24   Link #197
Kallen4life

he likely could've escaped if Luffy wasn't around, yeah (or he wasn't so hot-headed) .. but Akainu's touch was still deadly to Ace in any form
Old 2010-08-10, 07:27   Link #198
Paraden1989

is there a new chapter this week?
Old 2010-08-10, 07:53   Link #199
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraden1989 View Post
is there a new chapter this week?
Nope, jump is on hiatus for a week so don't expect any jump title this week. Guess at best we can hope for some early spoilers on sunday. Though highly doubt it.
Old 2010-08-10, 09:31   Link #200
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I wonder if Blackbeard would go after Rob Lucci for his Zoan powers? Didn't Lucci mention that he has the most powerful Zoan fruit of all?
Yes He has the most powerfull DF among the other CP9!