AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-11, 13:11   Link #221
james0246

I still think that Lucci was comparable in level to what is expected of a Shichibukai, but as for DF powers, Marco's DF is significantly more powerful. Many tend to forget that most of Lucci's strength came not from his fruit, but from his fighting techniques. So, I think it is safe to say that a Leopard Fruit is automatically lesser than a Phoenix fruit.
Old 2010-08-11, 13:34   Link #222
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinction View Post
I dont see it as a debate between people but rather about the different Zoan Dfs. I agree that this is the wrong place but because of the break its imo better to discus smth than nothing even if the theme might be trivial.
Oh, I didn't mean it like that. What I meant was that a debate isn't necessary when making a strength comparison between Marco and Lucci. It's perfectly clear Marco is the superior one.

Since there is no chapter this week and consequently this place is like a ghost town, I encourage any kind of discussion .
Old 2010-08-11, 14:02   Link #223
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So, I think it is safe to say that a Leopard Fruit is automatically lesser than a Phoenix fruit.
That probably goes without saying considering Marco's DF is one of the mystical Zoan fruits, I'm waiting until we see someone with the dragon fruit won't be surprised if Kaidou had it

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-08-11, 14:32   Link #224
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
That probably goes without saying considering Marco's DF is one of the mystical Zoan fruits, I'm waiting until we see someone with the dragon fruit won't be surprised if Kaidou had it
i am hoping kraken or Hydra since Dragons are overdone.

And how would a water base zoan interact with sea water?
Old 2010-08-11, 14:33   Link #225
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Monkey D. Dragon. Jk, I don't know
Old 2010-08-11, 15:19   Link #226
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
Monkey D. Dragon. Jk, I don't know
so BB is not the first D with 2 fruits then
Old 2010-08-11, 15:54   Link #227
Distinction

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I still think that Lucci was comparable in level to what is expected of a Shichibukai, but as for DF powers, Marco's DF is significantly more powerful. Many tend to forget that most of Lucci's strength came not from his fruit, but from his fighting techniques. So, I think it is safe to say that a Leopard Fruit is automatically lesser than a Phoenix fruit.
But this is just sad. The phoenix Df feels like a paramecia or logia rather than a zoan.
I also think that mystical zoans are automaticly better but i just dont want that to be true untill its proven 100% .

The good thing with Lucci and this is why i always bring him up, we saw him fight for his full potential. Shichibukai or little below level full fight without "underestimating" or other strange things happening in favor for Luffy.
Not even in the Wb - Marine fight did anyone go all-out.

Marco is way stronger than Lucci, but the phoenix fruit has a limit, i mean that a random guy and strong guy like marco have same benefits from this fruit, while the real potential of normal zoans lies with the physical power.

Its my pure speculation but i think Garp with a good zoan fruit like Luccis would be strongest man now that Wb is dead. °_°

Last edited by Distinction; 2010-08-11 at 16:05.
Old 2010-08-11, 16:42   Link #228
Kallen4life

Garp likely already is the strongest (physically .. but overall power is close to the very top as well) after WB's death

it's implied he, WB & Roger were the top3 back in the day
Old 2010-08-11, 17:02   Link #229
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
Garp likely already is the strongest (physically .. but overall power is close to the very top as well) after WB's death
In terms of physical strength, Jozu is undoubtedly in the top. The iceburg he lifted up and hurled dwarfed the marine giants in comparison.

Jesus Burgess is another powerful contender.
Old 2010-08-11, 17:16   Link #230
Kallen4life

Garp casually hurls around an iron ball (solid I presume) the size of a battleship though

and maybe his DF gives Jozu a str boost .. or at least hardening, so the muscles don't tear or something

Burgess so far threw an average-sized wooden house at Ace .....
Old 2010-08-11, 17:21   Link #231
james0246

Jesus Burgess hasn't really done anything that Zoro didn't do back in his fight against MR. 1 (in fact, the building Zoro threw looked larger and it was made out of stone), so placing him in the same post as Garp or Jozu seems a little presumptuous...at least for right now.
Old 2010-08-11, 17:24   Link #232
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
and maybe his DF gives Jozu a str boost .. or at least hardening, so the muscles don't tear or something
When Jozu threw the iceburg, he was in his normal form. It was just pure brute strength on his part.

But there's no doubt that Garp is also in the top in this strength category.

Quote:
Burgess so far threw an average-sized wooden house at Ace .....
Yes, but he jumped high up in the air with that house. That is very hard to do when there's so much pressure on the shoulders and back. Also, seeing as how he's a wrestling champion, I would expect pure strength to be one of his gimmicks.
Old 2010-08-11, 17:43   Link #233
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Yes, but he jumped high up in the air with that house. That is very hard to do when there's so much pressure on the shoulders and back. Also, seeing as how he's a wrestling champion, I would expect pure strength to be one of his gimmicks.
Ya, but a wooden house would probably be considered very light by garp's or Jozu's standards... really when it comes down to it, garp and jozu are the likes of which that can contend with admirals... Burgess however is not even able to handle Ace and thus does not hold a torch to the real top tier... Just because brute strength is his strong point doesn't mean that he's near the top; Zoro's thing is swordsmanship but we know that he has a LONG way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinction
But this is just sad. The phoenix Df feels like a paramecia or logia rather than a zoan.
I also think that mystical zoans are automaticly better but i just dont want that to be true untill its proven 100%
There's good reason to believe their not... Take the griffon for instance; all it is is a bird with a lion's body... sure it's got a lion's strength and a bird's flight, but we could compare it to others like Elephant or Rhino would would likely have WAY more brute strength... and the speed of a cheetah or antelope might serious help trump the Griffin

Thing about the phoenix is that it's pretty damn powerful even amongst mythical beast. granted though, rarity alone would help to make these type of Zoans stronger since that's shonen logic at work... the rarer it is the more powerful it is...

Though i would say that the ancient zoans might do well trumping the advantages of the mythical zoans with pure brute dinosaur strength
Old 2010-08-11, 17:59   Link #234
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Ya, but a wooden house would probably be considered very light by garp's or Jozu's standards... really when it comes down to it, garp and jozu are the likes of which that can contend with admirals... Burgess however is not even able to handle Ace and thus does not hold a torch to the real top tier... Just because brute strength is his strong point doesn't mean that he's near the top; Zoro's thing is swordsmanship but we know that he has a LONG way to go.
I'm only talking about physical strength, not overall tiers.
Old 2010-08-11, 19:57   Link #235
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
so BB is not the first D with 2 fruits then
What? .
Old 2010-08-11, 21:41   Link #236
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
Unless some REAL mythical monster like Dragon, Hydra, Gryphon or Chimeira appears (because just admit it, Phoenix sucked big time...) Lucci owns the zoan business.
What you said about the Phoenix having sucked big time, don't let my brother hear you say that. He's very fond of that particular mythical creature.
Old 2010-08-12, 01:56   Link #237
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
What? .
Xellos probably thinks he has the weather DF or something like that due what happened at Logue Town since it's a popular theory which rules the dragon DF out or he has to be another BB. At least that's my guess.

Still, they are Chinese dragons that are able to control the weather so it can all still be one DF. Nor does Dragon necessarily have to be the one that was behind the storm and the one who struck lightning down on the platform when Luffy was about to be executed. I prefer thinking it was the heavens themself who didn't want to see Luffy's adventure halted. Still dragon DF does seem to obvious even though I kind of want him to have it myself.
Old 2010-08-12, 04:41   Link #238
Talendra

Or Xellos was simply intending to show how stupid it is to expect Dragon to have a Dragon fruit, just because of his name... due to him being called Monkey D. Dragon after all...
Old 2010-08-12, 07:50   Link #239
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talendra View Post
Or Xellos was simply intending to show how stupid it is to expect Dragon to have a Dragon fruit, just because of his name... due to him being called Monkey D. Dragon after all...
I don't see what's so stupid about it, 2 of the 3 Boa sisters had a snake fruit...

And his "so BB is not the first D with 2 fruits then" implies that he thinks Dragon has already been shown having another fruit ruling the dragon fruit out or he has to be another BB rather then just thinking it's stupid cause his names happens to be Dragon.
Old 2010-08-12, 08:22   Link #240
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
I don't see what's so stupid about it, 2 of the 3 Boa sisters had a snake fruit...
Additionally, and this is a side point, Hancock's fruit copuld be considered an homage to the ability of Snake Charmers, so all 3 fruits would be connected to Snakes...
Closed Thread