AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-08-12, 01:41   Link #9081
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

To add on to all that has been said: take a leaf from Starship Operators? I've always complained how naval warfare is lacking in Nanoha.
Old 2010-08-12, 04:28   Link #9082
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Human bodies don't cook that way!
Magic.

Also, yay naval battles. Maybe I should pick up that old 'Tesla gets a ship' plot again.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 11:33   Link #9083
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Spoiler for Side Dish: A Quick Snack.:

Ha-ha! See? I produced something. I told you I'd get something eventually. Now it's time to break some backlog.

*while running of, something drops out of Keroko's pockets*

Spoiler for A Quick Snack: Snackery Omake:
Old 2010-08-12, 12:35   Link #9084
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

*Tempy's mind explodes from Keroko writing something.*

*Tempy's mind explodes even more because it's Side Dish continuity.*
Old 2010-08-12, 12:56   Link #9085
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post

*joins Tempy in the EXPLOSION!*
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 14:50   Link #9086
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Magic.

Also, yay naval battles. Maybe I should pick up that old 'Tesla gets a ship' plot again.
You could use the ship Noland came in with: the Belkan Swordship "Damocles." Riddled with Lost-Tech and decidedly illegal weapon systems, it is the last working example of Belka's violent past.

-------

Well then, I forgot to post this in here, a few days late it may be. Still, better late than forgotten:

I said I'd write more, so I did.

Side Dish 1

Spoiler for Side Dish 2: Anxiety:
Old 2010-08-12, 18:31   Link #9087
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*observes the exploding heads while scratching his head* Am I... really that bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
*gnaws on Keroko* Damn your aversion for chatrooms. You're the only core OCT member not there. How's it been, man?
I might join, rarely and occasionally, someday, maybe.

Things have been fine on my end though. Feels strange to be back in college, especially with most kids being five or six years younger then me, but being back in a pattern helped stabilize a lot.

As usual, working on a growing mountain of things with my usual speed. Which makes it a miracle I managed to churn out what I churned out today.

Also, Rita has not been forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunt88 View Post
Alright, I finally got around to writing up some character profiles for my current fic. I hope no-one minds me dumping a half-dozen OCs at once
We're used to much worse, believe me.

Quote:
The Tornado Group

My protagonists. Officially labeled "TSAB Multi-Departmental Taskforce Nine." That doesn't really roll of the tongue, so most poeple refer to them by their callsign/code-name "Tornado." They're not a permanent group, just two units from the Navy and Army cooperating to deal with a particular threat.

Spoiler for Mariel LaMonde:
So she's a workaholic like Nanoha... but without the warm personality.

I pity the poor guy who gets send to make her get some rest.

Quote:
Spoiler for Alistair Farland:
Summoners. We don't have many of those around, good to se more of them. Though being a Dragon Age player, Alistair conjures a rather strong mental image of his appearance.

Quote:
Spoiler for Alexis Danze:
You know, I realize that there's a lot of young blood in the TSAB, but I wouldn't describe someone joining the Air Force at 17 to be relatively late.

Quote:
Spoiler for Guin Gaile:
Ahh, the tank of the party, and with a nice set of bunker-buster spells too.

Quote:
Spoiler for Lancie Makoll:
*tilts head* Interesting... Ghost influences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
AU? Alternate timeline? Crack? Who knows... It had to be done.
Spoiler for 3 Sisters and a Dinner:

Spoiler for Character ID:
That's... creepy and yet surprisingly delicious at the same time. You really want to up the creep factor for these girls, don't you?

Quote:
You could use the ship Noland came in with: the Belkan Swordship "Damocles." Riddled with Lost-Tech and decidedly illegal weapon systems, it is the last working example of Belka's violent past.

-------

Well then, I forgot to post this in here, a few days late it may be. Still, better late than forgotten:

Side Dish 1

Heh. Lilia's bed behavior is adorable. It reminds me of my sister when we were kids, she'd always crawl in my bed too, and with my bed being placed against the wall, she'd always squeeze in between me and the wall, believing I'd keep her safe from whatever she was scared off.

It's cute when I look back to it, though at the time I was more annoyed at it.

And dammit my love for Diana is growing! Cute evil overlords conquering the world. Makes me wonder what will happen when the first day of school hits... taking over the class is only the beginning.

What game was she playing anyway?
Old 2010-08-12, 19:18   Link #9088
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
*joins Tempy in the EXPLOSION!*
*gets a headache*

I was hoping to just do 3 MateriaL DemandS shorts, but gosh Athena... what kind of plan would she have of Khayuung anyway?!

Quote:
If I didn't hear wrong from irc, something from Civilizations perhaps.

And yes looking forward to Diana use her royal charm and Athena's tactical genius to take over the school. :3
Old 2010-08-12, 19:28   Link #9089
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
*observes the exploding heads while scratching his head* Am I... really that bad?
Not as bad as some people.

Quote:
I might join, rarely and occasionally, someday, maybe.

Things have been fine on my end though. Feels strange to be back in college, especially with most kids being five or six years younger then me, but being back in a pattern helped stabilize a lot.

As usual, working on a growing mountain of things with my usual speed. Which makes it a miracle I managed to churn out what I churned out today.

Also, Rita has not been forgotten.
Join! And behold the chaos that is OCC and FFC!

Quote:
Heh. Lilia's bed behavior is adorable. It reminds me of my sister when we were kids, she'd always crawl in my bed too, and with my bed being placed against the wall, she'd always squeeze in between me and the wall, believing I'd keep her safe from whatever she was scared off.

It's cute when I look back to it, though at the time I was more annoyed at it.

And dammit my love for Diana is growing! Cute evil overlords conquering the world. Makes me wonder what will happen when the first day of school hits... taking over the class is only the beginning.

Medaka Box what

She's playing Civilization 4, and really, to take over that much space is not that hard. It's dealing with the damn Aztecs and cutting off their northern expansion that's a pain.
Old 2010-08-12, 20:49   Link #9090
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:

-------

Side Dish 1

Lilia: Gee Diana, whatcha gonna do tonight?
Diana: The same thing I do every night, Lilia... Try to take over the world!

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 21:52   Link #9091
Gaunt88

Quote:

So she's a workaholic like Nanoha... but without the warm personality.

I pity the poor guy who gets send to make her get some rest.
That's how Commodore Hark punishes interns he doesn't like Or he just sends Al or Brianna (the team's Genki Girl), who are immune to her glares.
Mariel's nice enough once you get to know her. She'll move hell and high water to protect her team, and doesn't care about TSAB politics (As the villians and the Admiralty, respectively, find out early on).

Quote:
Summoners. We don't have many of those around, good to se more of them. Though being a Dragon Age player, Alistair conjures a rather strong mental image of his appearance.
Never got around to playing that one. *google image search* Ah, I see

Quote:
You know, I realize that there's a lot of young blood in the TSAB, but I wouldn't describe someone joining the Air Force at 17 to be relatively late.
Well, I had a fanfic fresh in my mind when I was first working out ages and timelines (I think it was Synaesthetic's "False Light").
She mentions/speculates/whatever that the TSAB recruits mages at an early age so that they are thoroughly indoctrinated with the whole "serve and protect" thing by the time they reach soldier-of-mass-destruction level. That made sense to me, so I kinda incorperated it into my personal canon which is why most of my characters were recruited at 13-14.

Speaking of inspirations, I had just discovered the Ace Combat games when I added Alexis to the cast. Her tail-cloak is supposed to look like a fighter's tail when she's flying, and her Verfolger spell is meant to resemble a plane launching a pair of missiles

Quote:
Ahh, the tank of the party, and with a nice set of bunker-buster spells too.
Yep, although if she ever gets cornered alone by an attack mage her only stratagy will probably be "hold up inside a barrier and pray for help".

I'm not good enough picking voices to do the whole cast, but Leister's voice actor has always been Tamuera Morrison. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0607325/

Quote:
*tilts head* Interesting... Ghost influences?
Do you mean the guy from MW2? I've never played it either. Lancie came about because I like weak-but-skilled characters like Vice and wanted to give one of them a bit of the limelight
Her thermoptic camo spell was just an interesting idea I had to make her more survivable when the magical wave motion guns start firing.
Gaunt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 22:39   Link #9092
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
To add on to all that has been said: take a leaf from Starship Operators? I've always complained how naval warfare is lacking in Nanoha.
Quote:
Depends on how you want to take it while I certainly like that show and appreciate it’s hard science approach I actually wouldn't take the TSAB that direction as I don't think it fits. One of my own quotes on this matter pretty much sums up my own feelings as I happen to be a pretty big fan of a good old fashion slugging match between burly battleships (with some twists added here and there to promote tactics and let skill of the combatants of factor in of course). Which in my own crossover stuff is basically how I made the TSAB work.

Spoiler for My own TSAB space combat crap:

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 02:22   Link #9093
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
That's... creepy and yet surprisingly delicious at the same time. You really want to up the creep factor for these girls, don't you?
But of course. My ultimate goal is to produce a creepy or disgusting feeling just mentioning their names.

:3

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 02:31   Link #9094
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol, great minds think alike, I've already called dips on demon and angel names, putting a twist on things to seem less mystical. For example, I already have 'demon' being a form of nanomachines that possesses people to use their linked cores.

As for angels... I would have to blame to aru and supernatural for implant that idea into my head...
There will be some "angels" referense here as well, but the demons are old creation of mine for the Nanoha universe, conciderating if someone here still remember Nanoha Rise of Techno-Union & Vatican Knights. >_>

Yet, some of the magic things here will not have a "logic" explanation at all, like magic in fairy tales, magic is special for just being magic and it doesn't needs any cientific explanation of how it works.

Quote:
It doesn't have to be like that, my point is that by making the redshirts just that bit more competent, it would make the main cast less overpowered.
Oh, they will be competent, yet at more human ways, there's a diference of actions that can be taken between someone who can fly and cast super-devastating energy beams and someone who knows that not taking cover in the middle of heavy fire can result in a quick death.

Speaking of this projetc, the renders of the OCs from here and Nanoha's cast new outfits are coming alredy.

Thanks for the support, also!
Old 2010-08-13, 04:59   Link #9095
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
*gets a headache*

I was hoping to just do 3 MateriaL DemandS shorts, but gosh Athena... what kind of plan would she have of Khayuung anyway?!
*shrug* Dunno, what use would Khayuung serve her?

Quote:
Join! And behold the chaos that is OCC and FFC!
You mean the chaos that used to be here...

Quote:
Medaka Box what

She's playing Civilization 4, and really, to take over that much space is not that hard. It's dealing with the damn Aztecs and cutting off their northern expansion that's a pain.
Medaka box?

Civilizations, huh... you know, come to think of it I never played a Civilizations game before. Maybe I should pick one up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Lilia: Gee Diana, whatcha gonna do tonight?
Diana: The same thing I do every night, Lilia... Try to take over the world!
*smacks head* Dammit! Why didn't I think of that!

Quote:
Well, I had a fanfic fresh in my mind when I was first working out ages and timelines (I think it was Synaesthetic's "False Light").
She mentions/speculates/whatever that the TSAB recruits mages at an early age so that they are thoroughly indoctrinated with the whole "serve and protect" thing by the time they reach soldier-of-mass-destruction level. That made sense to me, so I kinda incorperated it into my personal canon which is why most of my characters were recruited at 13-14.
Well, if you're working with it from that point... ah, what the hell, it's too minor a nitpick to raise much fuss about.

Quote:
Do you mean the guy from MW2? I've never played it either. Lancie came about because I like weak-but-skilled characters like Vice and wanted to give one of them a bit of the limelight
Her thermoptic camo spell was just an interesting idea I had to make her more survivable when the magical wave motion guns start firing.
No, no, I meant the Starcraft Ghosts. What with the long range, limited stealth and high-yield bombardement spell, the Starcraft Ghosts immediately sprung to mind. If that's unintentional, all the more credit to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Depends on how you want to take it while I certainly like that show and appreciate it’s hard science approach I actually wouldn't take the TSAB that direction as I don't think it fits. One of my own quotes on this matter pretty much sums up my own feelings as I happen to be a pretty big fan of a good old fashion slugging match between burly battleships (with some twists added here and there to promote tactics and let skill of the combatants of factor in of course). Which in my own crossover stuff is basically how I made the TSAB work.

Spoiler for My own TSAB space combat crap:
Ehh, my TSAB space combat isn't that spectacular. It mostly replaces the usual weaponry with magical cannons, but treats everything else like normal.

Last edited by Keroko; 2010-08-13 at 05:53.
Old 2010-08-13, 06:26   Link #9096
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

Lowe spamming links from /m/, Space showing the lastest proof of human stupidity, the whole room stopping to think as it fails to compute Kha's lastest crack, Funyan being so bipolar you wonder if he doesn't have Tourette Syndrome, the whole FFC room going WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN like how Ran goes CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN, Aaron going @_________________________________________________ _________@, Esta being set as an eroge hero by fellow IRCers, Phean trying to convert us to the Moriya's Faith, myself reporting the crackpot dreams I got (often related to Gensokyo), etc... It's an ordinary irc room with its lively and dead hours.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 10:23   Link #9097
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
*shrug* Dunno, what use would Khayuung serve her?
Let's see... Mr Zhao is a non-magic warrior specializing in mage-hunting. He fights with the Yongchun-style of Sinaen martial arts. He's from Sina, is a year younger than the Aces and is best buds with a transforming librarian. Like his Mars-Sarian mother, he is an ex-vigilante, a good cook and one hell of an improvisor. Plus he moves next door to the sisters in Uminari while under rehab.

She may find something useful, but frankly I don't know what. With his links to the Altean underworld, he might've bought Athena the free life she wanted. Not sure if that's what she still wants after moving in with her sisters.

Quote:
I think the chaos is even worse since there aren't mods to worry about, save Sbro threatening to ban me and Funya wanting to kick me some times.

Quote:
*smacks head* Dammit! Why didn't I think of that!
Because while Diana works as the Brain, no one is close enough to be the uke to Brain's seme.

Quote:
Ehh, my TSAB space combat isn't that spectacular. It mostly replaces the usual weaponry with magical cannons, but treats everything else like normal.
For me, there is some but not a lot of ship combat. The multiverse is either at peace or in some sort of a truce. The Navy is tasked mostly for humanitarian, investigative or scientific missions. In my world view, Bureau ships are slow and steady, twin-axial tanks that employ mainly salvos of wave motion torpedoes from long range, pulverizing targets before they get close. They are kind of like the Caldari but with the option to carry a capital weapon like the Arc (which I described as a "relatively" localized nuke) and Devicer Arrays (magic cannon turrets).

The Saint Church is a close ally and have some ships of their own, which are triangular and slow star destroyers crammed with capacitors and cooling arrays to vent off all the heat produced from their energy weapons (think Amarr or mini-Cradles). Many of the ships' designs, even the ships themselves at times, are centuries old, dating back into the era of the Empire. Hence their designs have all be tested in actual war, and very often the small Saint Navy is employed with Bureau escort fleets along demilitarized zones to assist with TSAB border control.

I proposed that civilian designs exist, and those originate from a region called the Corporate Sector of Altea. As the name suggests, its a large economic zone comprising of enterprising peoples who assisted the Bureau in gaining control of Ordered Space, and counts dimensional superclusters like Afrika, Orussia, Sina and the Centroasiatics. Their ships come in all shapes and sizes, mostly ruled by culture, sometimes even look as though they have been put together from a scrapheap ().

After the Jail Incident, a short, 4-year civil war broke out in Altea, spliting the region into 2 factions, the loyalist CSA and the Gadget drone separatists that also sponsored Jail enough to make him so bold to attempt a coup'd'tat. The sudden conflict made the TSAB look weak, and their old enemies made a few 'gestures'. This forced the Saint and Bureau Navies to be tied up at the borders, while defence of the CSA fell to the loyalists and PMCs, plus whatever the Bureau could spare.

So from 0075 to 0079 is the setting of my space battles, but we employed a mix of themes. Heineko dreamed up blazing space adventures for the TSS Decade while I focused on the heroes made up the ground war. Some times there were arcs, but mostly it jumps from ship to soldier to homeworld to corporate to a totally original character and back again. I also have other themes like how the major powers of Ordered Space are playing proxy chess with Altea as a game board.

Too bad this conflict is too damn big for me to write and only lives in the conversations between the three of us.
Old 2010-08-13, 11:11   Link #9098
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Medaka box?

Civilizations, huh... you know, come to think of it I never played a Civilizations game before. Maybe I should pick one up...
Indeed, Medaka Box. In which one girl proves to her school just how abnormally amazing she is by taking over the entire student council by herself. Then, the shenanigans.

The Civ games are alright, if you like long and drawn out games. It took me a solid week of gameplay just to get out of BC and into AD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Lowe spamming links from /m/, Space showing the lastest proof of human stupidity, the whole room stopping to think as it fails to compute Kha's lastest crack, Funyan being so bipolar you wonder if he doesn't have Tourette Syndrome, the whole FFC room going WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN like how Ran goes CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN, Aaron going @_________________________________________________ _________@, Esta being set as an eroge hero by fellow IRCers, Phean trying to convert us to the Moriya's Faith, myself reporting the crackpot dreams I got (often related to Gensokyo), etc... It's an ordinary irc room with its lively and dead hours.
You forgot RAAAAAGE and hug fests.

Quote:
Let's see... Mr Zhao is a non-magic warrior specializing in mage-hunting. He fights with the Yongchun-style of Sinaen martial arts. He's from Sina, is a year younger than the Aces and is best buds with a transforming librarian. Like his Mars-Sarian mother, he is an ex-vigilante, a good cook and one hell of an improvisor. Plus he moves next door to the sisters in Uminari while under rehab.

She may find something useful, but frankly I don't know what. With his links to the Altean underworld, he might've bought Athena the free life she wanted. Not sure if that's what she still wants after moving in with her sisters.
Seems kinda OP for an EIGHT YEAR OLD CHILD. Kinda suspicious, too. Pretty sure not want.
Old 2010-08-13, 11:15   Link #9099
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Seems kinda OP for an EIGHT YEAR OLD CHILD. Kinda suspicious, too.
Should've been clearer. Zhao's 14/15 when he moves in around A's epilogue, making him a very old child-soldier. That's the time frame where I set for MateriaL DemAndS, so its more like "how are the Materials now?" kinda setting.
Old 2010-08-13, 11:19   Link #9100
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:

You forgot RAAAAAGE and hug fests.

Yeap.
RAAAAGE is like one of the things that keep the chatroom alive, for worst and best.
Hug fests are especially true when wan or Shiny are around.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content