AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-24, 21:06   Link #841
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
One good thing about Funimation licensing it is there will most likely be a BD release. No other companies are really doing it, like Bandai who has Code Geass & Gundam 00, and that's a real shame.
Other companies are slowly getting into Blu-Ray. I know ADV... I mean Section23 solicited Canaan as having both DVD and Blu-Ray, for example.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 21:08   Link #842
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
One good thing about Funimation licensing it is there will most likely be a BD release. No other companies are really doing it, like Bandai who has Code Geass & Gundam 00, and that's a real shame.
I'd be happy to just get it out on DVD, honestly. Though, since it took so long just to get it released in Japan from theaters, one can only guess how long it would take for it to be licensed and distributed by other companies outside of Japan.
Old 2010-07-24, 21:57   Link #843
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Yeah, Blu-ray is not a dealbreaker for me. The improved picture and the higher price just about cancel each other out, so I'd be equally happy with just DVD.

You hear me, Funimation? Just get us the movie. I don't care how.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 09:22   Link #844
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Yeah, Blu-ray is not a dealbreaker for me. The improved picture and the higher price just about cancel each other out, so I'd be equally happy with just DVD.

You hear me, Funimation? Just get us the movie. I don't care how.
BD is not that expensive. Especially series box sets, the BDs are at most, a few dollars more but often cheaper than the DVD version. But if the series/movie is originally in high def, it makes a world of a difference.
Old 2010-07-25, 10:23   Link #845
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It always baffles me though that whenever I buy a collection of a series I still end up buying three of four disks.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 00:26   Link #846
harrysmith

Fate/Stay Night Theatrical Movie

Blu-ray release from the theatrical anime "Fate / stay night Unlimited Blade Works" directed by Yuji Yamaguchi and produced by Studio Deen. Plot: The story takes place in an ordinary Japanese town, Fuyuki City. The holy grail which fulfills any wish of an owner is supposed to appears in the town once a decades. Seven sorcerers known as "Masters" who summon a powerful familiar called "Servants" fight each other over the grail. It is only one pair of them that the grail can be obtained. Therefore, they kill each other until they become the last one. The main protagonist is Emiya Shirou, a trainee sorcerer without any confidence, accidentally summons Saber, who is said to be the strongest servant of all. It causes him to get involved with the holy grail war. . . Limited edition features three sleeves of the package, each sleeve features illustration by Takashi Takeuchi, Keiji Ishihara, and Kotetsu Yamanaka. Includes a booklet with over 100 original drawings, a booklet with illustrations of the anime, and a bonus film actually used in the theatrical run of the film.
harrysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-12, 13:13   Link #847
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

Even Germany gets a Blu-ray of the movie in a couple of months, so it shouldn't be a problem for the US, especially with a company like Funimation with lots of money^^;.
Old 2010-08-12, 21:39   Link #848
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSIDR View Post
Even Germany gets a Blu-ray of the movie in a couple of months, so it shouldn't be a problem for the US, especially with a company like Funimation with lots of money^^;.
The deciding factor (from what I know) of whether or not the movie will get a USA release from FUNimation was if the anime series sold well in the states. Otherwise, they won't bother. The company killed the Nanoha franchise in the states that way; the first two seasons sold poorly, so they didn't dub the rest of the series.
Old 2010-08-13, 07:24   Link #849
ksho

The preview of the UBW Blu-Ray/DVD shown at C78 was posted by someone on YouTube:

Spoiler for C78 UBW Preview:

It's like an extended version of the movie preview...and it looks awesome!!
ksho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 07:31   Link #850
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

End of September, eh? Add to that however many months it takes them to dub it... I'd hope we'll see it before the end of 2010? That would be peachy.

(And on another note, they really do assume you've played the game, don't they? That trailer looked beautiful, but it really was a long series of spoilers )
Old 2010-08-13, 08:05   Link #851
ksho

From what I hear, it was a movie made with the fans of the series in mind.

You'd have to at least have watched the anime to be able to fully enjoy it.
ksho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 09:27   Link #852
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

My point exactly. The trailer alone shows like, sixty percent of major events in the story. They're quite obviously assuming that if you're going to see this, you already know the plot and just want to see it animated.
Old 2010-08-13, 09:33   Link #853
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

That looks...OUT OF THE WAY MAN, QUIT BLOCKING THE SCREEN...awesome! Oh man, I can't wait. It looks like they are going to rush things, but do it faithful to the VN, more so than the anime.

This just made my day. It really did.
Old 2010-08-13, 09:34   Link #854
GDB

Though if you don't already know the story, you wouldn't really be able to piece together the full going-ons. Sure, you'll be able to figure out that Shirou and Archer fight, but beyond that you just see random clips of awesomeness.
Old 2010-08-13, 09:42   Link #855
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Yeah, that is very true. But I think everyone who would want to see this has either watched the anime, read the manga, played the PS2 and/or PC VN. So it's like what was said before.

I do admit, I would prefer a full series detailing the whole route, but I'll take what I can get. UBW had some awesome fights in it after all.

Oh, I do hope the scene with Saber in the white dress is very very short. I'm weak, lol.
Old 2010-08-13, 11:41   Link #856
GDB

It's still not that spoilery for those who only watched the anime or read the manga (though the latter may not be true, depending on what happens in volumes 9-12). If they only watched the anime, for example, the only spoiler is Archer and Shirou fighting. Everything else just shows characters in new poses or glimpses of fights that you don't really understand.
Old 2010-08-13, 13:42   Link #857
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's still not that spoilery for those who only watched the anime or read the manga (though the latter may not be true, depending on what happens in volumes 9-12). If they only watched the anime, for example, the only spoiler is Archer and Shirou fighting. Everything else just shows characters in new poses or glimpses of fights that you don't really understand.
I didn't finish the anime, so I don't know what they revealed but I guess the only major thing is that Shirou and Archer are fighting, not to mention how they are fighting.
Old 2010-08-13, 14:30   Link #858
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
I didn't finish the anime, so I don't know what they revealed but I guess the only major thing is that Shirou and Archer are fighting, not to mention how they are fighting.
Well, in the anime....

Spoiler for For those who haven't watched or played the VN:

Yeah, I know you said you watched the anime up to a certain point, but I couldn't resist, sorry.
Old 2010-08-13, 14:34   Link #859
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I stopped watching when they defeated Berserker.
Spoiler for F/SN Anime Series:
Old 2010-08-13, 14:35   Link #860
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
I stopped watching when they defeated Berserker.
Spoiler for F/SN Anime Series:
Spoiler for Tags for those who haven't seen the anime: