AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-08-22, 14:11   Link #6421
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
"You cant strike me down, Els. If you do I'll become something more powerful than you can imagine."
Old 2010-08-22, 14:16   Link #6422
Kittenlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Maybe, we will. At least we know he's in Veda with Tiera at least.
Here's hoping! And yeah, at least he's alive. Sort of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balder8472 View Post
i think setsuna will probably die a hero's death but because he's an innovator he may continue to exist as a being of pure consciousness (newtype style)
I hope not, I mean, they already did something like that with Tieria, so it'd be kind of anti-climactic.

Though it'd be hilarious if after all this teasing with Feldt and Marina he ended up in Veda or something. SetsunaxRegenexTieria OT3?
Kittenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 14:20   Link #6423
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I really hope he just dies if does indeed die, its more heroic that way. I do think that he'll die (or coma state to be precise) once at the start in the 00 Raiser and then comeback in the 00 Quanta later once he wakes up. He seemed to have gotten get that strange deadly black&white silent response from the ELS when he used TAB for the first time. Ma y even get all those weird dreams again like he did when he was unconscious at the Katharon base in S2.

Strangely, I have a feeling they're going to pull a CG on us all over again at the end of the day.
Old 2010-08-22, 15:27   Link #6424
yurifanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I really hope he just dies if does indeed die, its more heroic that way. I do think that he'll die (or coma state to be precise) once at the start in the 00 Raiser and then comeback in the 00 Quanta later once he wakes up. He seemed to have gotten get that strange deadly black&white silent response from the ELS when he used TAB for the first time. Ma y even get all those weird dreams again like he did when he was unconscious at the Katharon base in S2.

Strangely, I have a feeling they're going to pull a CG on us all over again at the end of the day.
What does CG mean?

Killing off setsuna would be unfortunate after all the talk of the future, change, and living on. If they killed him, it would only seem like mizushima wanted to simply barbecue his most important character. Though setsuna is a martyr at heart.
yurifanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 15:44   Link #6425
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

CG likely refers to Code Geass in this case.
Old 2010-08-22, 17:18   Link #6426
Raine721

Do not want a Code Geass ending!!! >.>
Raine721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 17:29   Link #6427
bran
h e a d s h o t

Setsuna is the first and still the only true innovator. Why would they kill him off...doesn't make sense to me...

Farewell...and thank you.
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 17:33   Link #6428
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
Setsuna is the first and still the only true innovator. Why would they kill him off...doesn't make sense to me...
First Innovator, yes. Only Innovator, no. Descartes was confirmed to be an Innovator just like Setsuna.
Old 2010-08-22, 20:42   Link #6429
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

I hope we get some back-story on Descartes in the movie(like when he became an Innovator).
Old 2010-08-22, 21:45   Link #6430
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I hope we get some back-story on Descartes in the movie(like when he became an Innovator).
I'm pretty sure they'll explain it in the movie.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 21:55   Link #6431
Kittenlady

Pffft, we might get a passing mention or, if we're lucky, a scene explaining his back story, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. I bet any money that any substantial character development for him'll be in some supplementary materials or something. I mean, just look at Ribbons.
Kittenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 23:50   Link #6432
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittenlady View Post
Pffft, we might get a passing mention or, if we're lucky, a scene explaining his back story, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. I bet any money that any substantial character development for him'll be in some supplementary materials or something. I mean, just look at Ribbons.
But that's obvious, Ribbons didn't deserve it. He grew to like his couch too much, camped CB ship most of the time and he killed off the only female friend he had. Under uncontrollable rage he created hundreds of Brings to fill up the hole in his green haired heart and even developed a genderbender Mobile suit with - hunk / high heel babe modes.

Who'd give character development to someone like that. But seriously, Mizushima can't have a character running around in his movie, playing the bad guy without at least presenting a bit of his past.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 00:50   Link #6433
coodie29

Send a message via Yahoo to coodie29
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4137/...d422e234_b.jpg

is this the variation of OOq
coodie29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 00:58   Link #6434
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by coodie29 View Post
Yeah, it just got posted in the Model thread. Its variation is the GN-Sword IV.
Old 2010-08-23, 01:05   Link #6435
coodie29

Send a message via Yahoo to coodie29
the name was 00q full saber... it looks like the big sword of the 00-7sword... but what is with the cone drive...

raphael is also showing some new stuff... so the cannons are the legs of the rumored other unit???
coodie29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 01:50   Link #6436
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Cross-posting from the sidestory thread:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 03:51   Link #6437
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

That's a bit too bulky for my taste, I prefer vanilla Qan.

But it's not totally horrible looking like the 00 Raiser, and has what seem to be a bunch of swords combined into one, like Cloud's First Tsurugi. That, I like.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 03:51   Link #6438
ZeddNL

I'm liking it.
I hope they make a official version of it though, I am a shitty painter so far.
ZeddNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 03:58   Link #6439
BurningChaos

I think the supposed to be GN "Drive" on the shield is just an add-on for the main GN Drive, Assuming that they placed a GN Drive "Cone" , For which the cone is supposed to function as GN Particle output Stabilizer for thrusting and flight, Then it means that the supposed to be new form GN "Drive" is just an add-on for the Quanta's GN Particles output in thrusting since in one of the trailers we saw that the 00 Qan[T] launched from Ptolemy 2-Kai with a seemingly scattered burst of GN Particles and that the supposed to be GN Drive is just a condenser that can be used as an add-on for 5x Faster Thrusting and Quantizing and charging the GN Blade Bits since the bits is also made of the same materials the GN Condensers are made of. Therefore, The new form of GN Drive will be a GN Drive without a particle output stabilizer meaning that they combined 2 GN Drives but removing the not-so important parts of the GN Drive and they went to Jupiter to complete another TD Blanket since the TD Blanket is a foremost important part of a GN Drive, And with this i think it can be a big help for the theory that the new form of GN Drive with TDS is 2 combined GN Drive in the chest cavity of the Gundam.

-----------
There can be also a possibility that the Level 7 of Veda holds the key in unlocking the destabilization between 2 GN Drives in order for a TDS to function, also it can be that the GN Condenser on the shield will play a key in the TDS since it can regulate the output of the particles into one way making Quanta thrust faster for a GN Sword V Buster form attack. And the GN Sword IV seems to have an integrated GN "Boomerang/s", Pretty cool thing to play with :P.

-----------
I have a theory that the GN Condensers on 00 Raiser are somewhat semi-GN Drive. But I don't like to state it until the text in this pic are FULLY translated:

Last edited by BurningChaos; 2010-08-23 at 04:26.
BurningChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 04:57   Link #6440
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

This model has the same feel the 007S had. The addition of the great sword makes sense since 00Q won't have to rely on the Sword Bits for the Buster Sword configuration. This gives it wider range of weapon usage since Sword Bits are free to be used whenever Setsuna want's to chop something bigger to pieces. The binder also has additional blades which also serve as a weapon ability power up for the unit itself.

The presence of the back addon makes it impossible (?) for the left shield binder to connect to the Drive (?) on the back thus possibly eliminating Quats high speed / mobility configuration. No wonder they decided to add a cone.

On a sidenote, I mentioned this design feels pretty much the same as the 007S configuration for the 00 Gundam. My point is, 007S was scrapped for a much more needed TDS supplement craft. Maybe this design is also something that CB wanted to put on Quan[T] for whatever reason they had, though ended up going with something different, far more important for the unit itself. Hence, it's possible the all NewTDS system for Quan[T] is not yet fully complete

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam 00 movie