AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-23, 22:09   Link #761
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirata View Post
Miria will die voluntarily. Twins will kill her off. You are all wrong.
Voluntarily?? what do u mean by that?

@Shiek come on now u know Destroyer Dauf was awsome.
Old 2010-08-23, 22:19   Link #762
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirata View Post
Miria will die voluntarily. Twins will kill her off. You are all wrong.
Well that could be... only problem with the idea is why Yagi wouldn't introduce this new trump card now that he's mentioned it. After all because Rubel was talking about it, it seems really set up to occur now(ish) rather than later.

Since Miria assaulting the org takes place before many (if not all) of the events out West it would seem odd if Yagi mentioned this trump card only to send it out west and pull a Deus ex Mechanica on the Priscilla vs Clare the Destroyer fight (since clearly we know it couldn't arrive sooner). Or do you believe it will just sit there doing nothing but waiting to be revealed until far later in the plot. Or do you believe it will assault Pieta...

Look if your just speculating I'd love the hear your full thoughts on the matter (even if it's just a hunch). I never totally dismiss a speculation about upcoming events unless I see that it conflicts with information already given. In fact even if I disagree with it I always appreciate people posting new ideas since it makes me think about the matter in a new light.
Old 2010-08-23, 22:20   Link #763
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
@Shiek come on now u know Destroyer Dauf was awsome.
And he was... until he sprouted two sets of boobs.
Old 2010-08-23, 22:25   Link #764
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quite posible with the argument of Miria. Miria can be commiting a suicide but IMO she'll get killed after she defeats the twins and at least killing one of those MiBs to make sure the org think 'bout them capable of killing humans if necessary or to destroy the org.

We all know Miria can't get rid of them alone. As Galatea said, she's going hell all by herself.
Old 2010-08-23, 22:30   Link #765
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
As Galatea said, she's going hell all by herself.
That last line likely referred to either her "marching into hell by herself" (the least likely IMHO) or Miria choosing to burden the sin alone and Galatea recognizing just what Miria was thinking even at that moment. I really only posted the first one in case Galatea's comment had a double meaning.
Old 2010-08-23, 22:30   Link #766
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Yes that was.... a tad odd.

@Jeanclaymore: I was thinking that... My Idea was that Miria pretty much given up after she found out that Isley was defeated. Thinking that if the org can destroy Isley then there is no way she a defeat the org. So now she is ust going in 2 see how many she can kill before being killed herself.
Old 2010-08-23, 22:35   Link #767
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
@Jeanclaymore: I was thinking that... My Idea was that Miria pretty much given up after she found out that Isley was defeated. Thinking that if the org can destroy Isley then there is no way she a defeat the org. So now she is ust going in 2 see how many she can kill before being killed herself.

You mean... testing but we don't know if Miria has the great power enough to defeat an AO maybe cause all those training during 7 years had worth in it being able to cut the former 3 and 5 of current gen.

Btw, i really hope someone from MiBs die
Old 2010-08-23, 22:39   Link #768
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
You mean... testing but we don't know if Miria has the great power enough to defeat an AO maybe cause all those training during 7 years had worth in it being able to cut the former 3 and 5 of current gen.

Btw, i really hope someone from MiBs die
Even with the 7 years I don't think Miria could keep up with an AO let alone Isley. Not even QOB Clare could defeat Isley. I will say she has become very strong, she tossed aside #3 and #5 like they were nothing.
Old 2010-08-23, 22:45   Link #769
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

Quote:
Wait, what ?!
Old 2010-08-23, 22:52   Link #770
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by QS_Bilal View Post
Wait, what ?!
Just read chapter 103 you'll know what he means!

I need 2 find more color pages of that chap BTW!
Old 2010-08-23, 22:55   Link #771
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Wait, what ?!
Spoiler for Just to remind you :P:
Old 2010-08-23, 22:58   Link #772
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

Quote:
Even with the 7 years I don't think Miria could keep up with an AO let alone Isley. Not even QOB Clare could defeat Isley.
I'm quite sure our current RCR Destroyer can destroy Easley..

Heck, even Claire (with Raphaela's memories) could take on Easley and possibly kill him ! You have to understand what a power boost it was for Claire to absorb Raphaela's memories. She now has all of her training & combat experience along with her skills. It was implied that Raphaela was at AO level so Claire's quite the Warriors now ! (At least undoubtedly AO level.)

Come to think of Claire sorta weird ! Combination of so many people, literary. She has:

- Irene's right arm
- Teresa's flesh & blood implanted into her
- Ophelia's will !
- Raphaela's memories
- And now is merged with the twin sisters Rushiera & Raphaela !
Old 2010-08-23, 23:02   Link #773
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:

Heck, even Claire (with Raphaela's memories) could take on Easley and possibly kill him ! You have to understand what a power boost it was for Claire to absorb Raphaela's memories. She now has all of her training & combat experience along with her skills. It was implied that Raphaela was at AO level so Claire's quite the Warriors now ! (At least undoubtedly AO level.)

Come to think of Claire sorta weird ! Combination of so many people, literary.

- Irene's right arm
- Ophelia's will !
- Raphaela's memories
Well yes she could... If he was nearly dead like he was when Helen fought him.
Now in the state she is now she could without a doubt defeat Isley. But I don't think she could if she just in her normal warrior state. That is taking her powers too far.
Old 2010-08-23, 23:05   Link #774
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

Quote:
OMG.. that is so gross and weird

I think my mind subconsciously blocked out that horrendous picture.. oh god mah EYES, they BURN !! Why did you remind me, why..
Old 2010-08-23, 23:08   Link #775
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

Quote:
Well yes she could... If he was nearly dead like he was when Helen fought him.
Now in the state she is now she could without a doubt defeat Isley. But I don't think she could if she just in her normal warrior state. That is taking her powers too far.
Yeah, she'd probably struggle and die in her normal Warrior state since she can't pull a Rigardo one on him anymore !
Old 2010-08-23, 23:09   Link #776
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Smile

Quote:
You know, maybe its good that Dauf was killed by Priscilla. Now that I think about it, I don't think the Clare and co could've defeated Destroyer Dauf! It took Jean's drill sword 2 pirce his hide and Helen's drill sword wouldn't have enough power. What do y'all think?
Old 2010-08-23, 23:13   Link #777
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

If anything thing Heren's drill sword would be superior to Jean's since Heren has very stretchable & flexible arms meaning she can do it more faster and frequent. There's no indication its inferior to Jean's at the very least.
Old 2010-08-23, 23:24   Link #778
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:

Come to think of Claire sorta weird ! Combination of so many people, literary.

- Irene's right arm
- Ophelia's will !
- Raphaela's memories
Memories don't equal a power up in that scene. They equal knowledge... sure she may get wiser about her swordsmanship but that's not the kinda powerup Irene's arm was or merging with the Destroyer was

Honestly though I just don't view Raphaela's memories as a powerup at all (same goes with taking on Ophelia's will... it was an added drive but not a powerup). Especially since Raphaela gave them to Clare since she was making a mistake and not a poor swords fighter . So I think the memories will be used in a character development way and not a way to finally surpass Priscilla. I just see Rapahaela's and Clare's lives as too similar for her memories to be used for something as shallow as an unclear power up. IMHO it will drastically effect Clare's choices in the days to come... this is also why I think Priscilla and Clare will live though this since what point is it in revealing a mistake Clare is making if the main antagonist in her life is removed. Also there's no point in revealing a mistake if Clare is about to die herself.
Old 2010-08-23, 23:38   Link #779
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

Hmm, I agree on the character development bit, going to be a nice twist. Anyway, why is it that you think transferring memories (she didn't transfer small chunks of them but all of them, no indication to think otherwise) won't allow her field experience to transfer too and also if she had any secret techs (like the QS) ? Think for sec, its only logical that they'd be transferred too. Maybe Yagi isn't going to highlight it too much and work on the personality changes but I'm sure he'll show something.
Old 2010-08-24, 00:01   Link #780
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Hmm, I agree on the character development bit, going to be a nice twist. Anyway, why is it that you think transferring memories (she didn't transfer small chunks of them but all of them, no indication to think otherwise) won't allow her field experience to transfer too and also if she had any secret techs (like the QS) ? Think for sec, its only logical that they'd be transferred too. Maybe Yagi isn't going to highlight it too much and work on the personality changes but I'm sure he'll show something.
Oh, I fully believe Clare could use the memories to become a better swordsman but not instantly (every aspect of Raphaela's life was transfered to Clare, so clearly her sword skills are somewhere in Clare's mind too now). Naturally the moment Clare realizes her fighting instincts where being taken over by Raphaela's she'd snap out of it, like when Raphaela's memories where informing her about Alicia and Beth. Clare didn't choose for it to end but it showed Clare can't access them at will yet, it was just too much info too quickly. Clare's mind will naturally view the actions of Raphaela's instincts as foreign for sometime. So if Clare is going to access them to before a better fighter (but not a more powerful one) she will have to start letting Raphaela's memories merge into her own rather than fight them. Clare's personality is just too dominate and her will is just too strong for her to fully grasp the benefits of this and to let them merge with her. The memories will have to prove useful for her to access them willingly or she'll have need them to access them. That said there is nothing preventing them from taking over for a time and Clare then realizing wow she was a great swordsman. However, I just don't see Yagi not commenting on her swordsmanship getting better. Since her sword style fits her raging emotions so much.

I see Raphaela's life as a guide for Clare. Raphaela walked a path Clare was planning on taking, so Clare can use this to examine if she truly wants to walk down that same road or edit it to something that will leave her fulfilled rather than bled dry and empty... Also she can potentially become a better fighter, learn more about key things the org has done, get answers to Irene's fate, and/or maybe learn more about Teresa and Rubel.

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-08-24 at 00:12.
Closed Thread