AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-25, 09:28   Link #1
kheldorin

Is Kakashi considered a genius because of the Sharingan??

It seems to me that he was already considered a genius before he had the sharingan but why is he always so dependant on it during battles? If he was a genius pre-sharingan, what is his special talent?? The chidori??

On a separate question..Is the sharingan just copy and forget? Since Kakashi never used jutsus that he copied from previous battles. He only uses jutsus that he copied from the current battle.
kheldorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 09:42   Link #2
UserName

Well he may have been known as a great 'jutsu technician' before the sharingan... That's all i can think of now. He may have been a genius at learning jutsu prior to it for that's his only 'genius' quality he has right now. But he could have weakened in wahtever area made him be cosnidered a genius.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 09:42   Link #3
Zek
Eyebrows...

Being a genius doesn't mean he had a bloodline. He was just a ninja with a lot of natural talent. We don't know how he fought before he got the Sharingan, though it's true he seems to have changed his fighting style around it since he got it.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 09:43   Link #4
Dalavita
Jounin

What kind of question is that. If you had a special trait like the sharingan, surely you would use it to give you the edge as often as you could.

Kakashi was also the student of the 4th hokage and has copied over 1000 jutsus according to his background. It's up to Kishimoto to decide which jutsus he uses in battles and such...

And the genius term really sucks in Naruto. The only true genius in the series should be Shikamaru for now since they call talented people geniuses. (And they call Naruto the dead-last even when he beats all the so called geniuses up.)
Dalavita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 10:07   Link #5
Tautou

Dala, look up the definition of genius... Seriously...

Anyway, yeah, I'm thinking that he hasn't gone through with his full potential. Gai said that Sasuke reminded him of Kakashi after Sasuke nailed down that part of the Lotus, something Gai said that couldn't be done even through the Sharingan as easily as Sasuke did it, then pulled out that creative finishing move.

But that is... Sasuke reminded of Kakashi when he was young, so for some reason he didn't live up to the talent within him.

His "special talent" isn't Chidori, I don't see how you came up with that idea, nor does the Sharingan make him a genius, it's simply that he's really talented, period. The Sharingan isn't even his own talent, really.
Tautou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 10:17   Link #6
Satoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalavita
What kind of question is that. If you had a special trait like the sharingan, surely you would use it to give you the edge as often as you could.

Kakashi was also the student of the 4th hokage and has copied over 1000 jutsus according to his background. It's up to Kishimoto to decide which jutsus he uses in battles and such...

And the genius term really sucks in Naruto. The only true genius in the series should be Shikamaru for now since they call talented people geniuses. (And they call Naruto the dead-last even when he beats all the so called geniuses up.)
Kheldorin's thread isn't that pointless. Could Kakashi beat Zabuza without the Sharingan? If he is about the same level as Kabuto right now, would he lose without the sharingan? I'm sure one of the many reasons for Kakashi's popularity is the sharingan. But I'd like to see him fight without "cheating". The sharingan doesn't suit him, he ain't no Uchiha.

Now, Naruto is a ninja manga. Therefore, it is logical that they call those geniuses who are above average at mastering jutsus and very effective at combining them. Naruto is very special because he is indeed a clumsy loser and a genius at the same time.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 10:24   Link #7
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru
Kheldorin's thread isn't that pointless. Could Kakashi beat Zabuza without the Sharingan? If he is about the same level as Kabuto right now, would he lose without the sharingan? I'm sure one of the many reasons for Kakashi's popularity is the sharingan. But I'd like to see him fight without "cheating". The sharingan doesn't suit him, he ain't no Uchiha.
No,he proerbly wouldn't have lost against Zabuza if he didn't have the Sharingan.
And he isn't 'cheating' just because he has the Sharingan.

Regarding the thread itself.Kakashi is considered a genius because of his Sharingan,in the sense that he isn't an Uchiha,thus his body isn't 'adapted' for a Sharingan,but he is still able to so fully-utilise the advantages that comes with having a Sharingan.I'm also pretty sure he's hailed as a genius not just because of his Sharingan however.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 10:29   Link #8
Urashima-Sempai

Quote:
But I'd like to see him fight without "cheating". The sharingan doesn't suit him, he ain't no Uchiha.
The sharingan isn't cheating goddammit!
The fact of the matter is, he has it, so he should use it. I agree, it would be cool to see how he fights without it, but the fact that he has it and uses it does not mean he's cheating.
Urashima-Sempai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 10:32   Link #9
Mezu
The Guardian

he became a chuunin at the age of 6... that speaks for itself.
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 10:39   Link #10
Urashima-Sempai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezu
To put that into perspective:

Imagine Konohamaru in the Chuunin exams. Now imagine Konohamaru in the Chuunin exams winning
Urashima-Sempai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 11:04   Link #11
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezu
Age 6 in the time they lived in, which if it was during times of war they would've probably got field promotions and stuff and things will be a lot different.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 11:17   Link #12
Hanabi
日向花火

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
Age 6 in the time they lived in, which if it was during times of war they would've probably got field promotions and stuff and things will be a lot different.
Gai became a genin at the age of 7 and chuunin at age 11, so though they got promoted more early, it still seems to show the capability of Kakashi there... chuunin at age 6, yeesh. If Gai knew Kakashi, he must have flipped his lid.

If I remember right, most of the current Jounin (including Special Jounin) became genin at around 9 or 10 years old or so (with some exceptions)?
Hanabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 11:20   Link #13
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
They have gone out of there way to show kakashi is a genius, he was Chuunin at age 6 without a Sharingan, which even in the time of war is a rare thing. Tsunade's younger brother died as a Genin at age 12 or so, so I doubt that they would promote people just to let them fight in a war if they even sent some Gennin's into dangerous situations.
Ketsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 11:20   Link #14
kheldorin

Seriously people..read my post..not just the title.

I didn't say he shouldn't use his Sharingan. I asked why he is dependant on it. He hasn't shown that he can win without the Sharingan.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Kakashi was also the student of the 4th hokage and has copied over 1000 jutsus according to his background.
Just because he is a student of the 4th hokage does not make him talented. And the fact that he is able to copy 1000 jutsus has to be attributed to his Sharingan.

Quote:
His "special talent" isn't Chidori, I don't see how you came up with that idea, nor does the Sharingan make him a genius, it's simply that he's really talented, period. The Sharingan isn't even his own talent, really.
I didn't state that the chidori is Kakashi's talent. It's a question mark behind the word not a full stop. I only mentioned it because it is his only original move. Ok..so he is talented..That doesn't really answer the question, does it??

If he really is a 'jutsu technician', I would really like to see him using jutsus he learnt to counter an opponent's jutsus, instead of just copying them.
Old 2004-09-25, 11:26   Link #15
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
If he has the Sharingan then why would he not use it going against another strong opponent? Makes sence to me, if you have something that can help you beat an enemy without getting hurt then go for it, no sence in not using everything you have at your disposal to beat someone.
Ketsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 11:31   Link #16
Captain_Dope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru
Now, Naruto is a ninja manga.
I am not too sure about that
Captain_Dope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 11:35   Link #17
fzz

Send a message via ICQ to fzz Send a message via MSN to fzz
hes not dependant of his sharingan... what else should he do ? fight with one eye ?
that cuts ur vision in half and u can't see depth? (or how u spell it)
in battle he just uses 2 eyes else hes putting himself in a disadvantage

the fact how or why he has the sharingan is a complete other story that still needs to be revealed
fzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 11:51   Link #18
Mezu
The Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzz
hes not dependant of his sharingan... what else should he do ? fight with one eye ?
that cuts ur vision in half and u can't see depth? (or how u spell it)
in battle he just uses 2 eyes else hes putting himself in a disadvantage

the fact how or why he has the sharingan is a complete other story that still needs to be revealed
fighting with 1 eye doesnt prevent u from seeing depth after ur several years old. Ur brain is used to seeing 3 dimensional objects, so when u use one eye... ur brain makes u c 3 dimensions even though u technically should not. What fighting with 1 eye really does is cuts ur viewing radius, which can be a huge disadvantage.
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 11:54   Link #19
kheldorin

Quote:
erm..I didn't say he couldn't open both his eyes. Using his sharingan and using both his eyes is a totally different thing. It isn't a requirement to use Sharingan even if he opens both his eyes, right?? What's bugging me is that he always uses it.

I agree with the second poster. Whatever made him a genius in the first place was weakened after he got his Sharingan. I would love to see him fight without his Sharingan so that when he eventually uses it, he would be more powerful. ( kinda like Lee without his weights ) Right now, he uses his Sharingan even before the fight started.
Old 2004-09-25, 11:55   Link #20
Kayess
Guy From Canada

I am pretty sure it is the fact he is incredibly strong and had an ass load of potential which he wasted. He did become chuunin at the age of 6 I believe.
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote