AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-28, 15:41   Link #241
BakuDan
Let's count up your sins!

Hmm, I think I am preordering it after all since I doubt I will be playing 1 class for more than 8 hours a week anyways.

1280x720

1920x1080
BakuDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 19:17   Link #242
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakuDan View Post
Hmm, I think I am preordering it after all since I doubt I will be playing 1 class for more than 8 hours a week anyways.
Actually seeing the 8 hour limit a week has me more interested in this lol, I don't want to sink so much time into this, especially since I need to keep training for SSFIV and not to mention SC2.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 23:32   Link #243
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
they said there is no class, you have a character and you have a choice of weapons that has skills following those weapons. That's it. So you can only spend 8 hours a week on that one character regardless of what weapon you weild. If you want to play more than 8 hours a week, you have to buy more character slots, each new account only comes with 1 slot. They said it's $10 a slot for 12 months, have fun paying for them only to realize that it's better to focus on just 1 character.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 23:54   Link #244
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

this 8hour a week thing is kinda annoying but on the bright side, it gives me time to play Single player games like Dead Rising 2 or Fable 3 and spend time on WoW.

but wait, the 8hour thing is only EXP. so what if we're farming for mats to craft and not exp
Old 2010-08-30, 06:04   Link #245
Renya

Just wondering, is there a monthly pay for this?
Since i'm considering whether it is worth getting it or not
Renya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 14:27   Link #246
BakuDan
Let's count up your sins!

Are you serious??
BakuDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 16:00   Link #247
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
this 8hour a week thing is kinda annoying but on the bright side, it gives me time to play Single player games like Dead Rising 2 or Fable 3 and spend time on WoW.

but wait, the 8hour thing is only EXP. so what if we're farming for mats to craft and not exp
if this is anything that follows any MMO out there today, the law of farming is that only mobs that gives you exp will drop things that's worth any kind of money. So it's back to square one. Think about it, how much would you make by farming in lowbie area compare to end game zone? You can farm for a month to earn what you can get in a hour of the end game zone. There is no win here.

Quote:
Just wondering, is there a monthly pay for this?
... it's like WOW, you buy the game's key then you open account with it and you pay every month to play. However, unlike WOW where you get free character slots, in this you don't; you have to pay a fee to get addional character slots if you want more than 1 character.

"There is no free lunch." Anything that is good will cost you in some way. If you want something that's free then you don't expect the titles to come from powerhouse companies like SE or Blizzard. The only exception is EA, their games are crap but they still expect people to pay for them :P

Last edited by gummybear; 2010-08-30 at 16:17.
Old 2010-08-30, 19:51   Link #248
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Open Beta Starts Tomorrow
And I preorderd it today

Last edited by King Lycan; 2010-08-30 at 20:28.
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 20:40   Link #249
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
if this is anything that follows any MMO out there today, the law of farming is that only mobs that gives you exp will drop things that's worth any kind of money. So it's back to square one. Think about it, how much would you make by farming in lowbie area compare to end game zone? You can farm for a month to earn what you can get in a hour of the end game zone. There is no win here.

... it's like WOW, you buy the game's key then you open account with it and you pay every month to play. However, unlike WOW where you get free character slots, in this you don't; you have to pay a fee to get addional character slots if you want more than 1 character.

"There is no free lunch." Anything that is good will cost you in some way. If you want something that's free then you don't expect the titles to come from powerhouse companies like SE or Blizzard. The only exception is EA, their games are crap but they still expect people to pay for them :P
I guess they make a extra char cost a fee because you don't need another character to play a diffrent class or crafting.
Old 2010-08-31, 00:36   Link #250
SvenCalBayan

FFXIV's graphics and customization point system (the attribute points you distribute at level up) are 2 things that really interest me... still, it's not enough to make me jump on the bandwagon. I'm also disspointed by the complete lack of two-handed swords in this game (perhaps future update ?).

One MMORPG has caught my attention more so than FFXIV, it's TERA online. The thing that interests me the most about TERA is it's action based gameplay. People who have played TERA during conventions or public demonstrations all said that the game plays like a console based action game. If you've played Demon's Souls, Devil May Cry or God of War, then it shouldn't be that different. As a matter of fact, BlueHole studios (the company making the game) encourages the use of a gamepad to play TERA, even though it's a PC game.
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 08:56   Link #251
deltaxxmintpie
Cake lover Cookie ninja

I got into the beta!!! They won't start issuing the access code until 2:00 sep 1st though Downloading the client atm.
Old 2010-08-31, 11:23   Link #252
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Oh great another marketing hype, this time they are selling a no-name brand PC....

http://www.frontier-k.co.jp/sp/campaign001/index.html

Specs :
Intel Core i7-980 3.33mhz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
6 x 2GB DDR3-SDRAM
Nvidia Geforce GTS 480
SSD 80GB / HDD 2TB

All for 314,980 yen. It costs SGD$5073 when converted, or USD$3790.

The real overkills are the processor, RAM and SSD, all of which are not worth your money ATM. A i7-920 would have worked just fine, the SSD is unnecessary as compared to a regular 7200rpm HDD, and slotting 6 pieces of RAM together is an overkill that will destabilise your computer - it is better to just slot 3 pieces in the 1-3-5 channels.

Nice card being played to boost sales though.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 12:58   Link #253
King Lycan
*IT Support

Wooahhh that's crazy -_-

Open beta postponed
Old 2010-08-31, 14:52   Link #254
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

I hope they have the same auto translator from FFXI cause that is like the only fun thing I can think of from the game. Everything else is crap since it's so slow attacking is slow, casting is slow, skill waiting is slow. Yet it's all worth it with the things you say in the auto translator while waiting 6 hours for a party. <Tarutaru> <inside> <pants> <jerkin> TEEHEE it's like /b/ but with a translator XD
Old 2010-08-31, 16:55   Link #255
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
I hope they have the same auto translator from FFXI cause that is like the only fun thing I can think of from the game. Everything else is crap since it's so slow attacking is slow, casting is slow, skill waiting is slow. Yet it's all worth it with the things you say in the auto translator while waiting 6 hours for a party. <Tarutaru> <inside> <pants> <jerkin> TEEHEE it's like /b/ but with a translator XD
that crap got annoying quick imo.
Old 2010-08-31, 17:15   Link #256
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
that crap got annoying quick imo.
well, what else was there to do other than to play the waiting game I also hope the mob spawn faster this time around, it was annoying to wait 15 minute for something that you were expected to kill in mass. That's I play RO or WOW if I want MMO fun and FFXI if I want to..... ummmmmm...... hmmmmmm..... you know what, I will get back to you on that one
Old 2010-08-31, 17:47   Link #257
spikexp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
the SSD is unnecessary as compared to a regular 7200rpm HDD,
SSD totally worth it if you have the money, they just give a real boost to the computer (not framerate). Everyone I know with a SSD just love it completely and would not go back to HDD as main drive for anything.

I'm downloading the client for FF14, but it's so slow.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 19:31   Link #258
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

damn it, I forgot my FFXI password, hopefuly i can get it back.. or no Speed boots.
Old 2010-08-31, 22:15   Link #259
King Lycan
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikexp View Post
SSD totally worth it if you have the money, they just give a real boost to the computer (not framerate). Everyone I know with a SSD just love it completely and would not go back to HDD as main drive for anything.

I'm downloading the client for FF14, but it's so slow.
It really Is -_-
i've been downlaoding it all day , it said i have 20 hrs left to dl
Old 2010-08-31, 22:28   Link #260
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

you gotta use port forwarding type in ur IP adress in the link bar on ur browser. go to portforwarding.com for guides

I did this after waiting hours and the download speed up soo much it went from 50hours to 5hours

Tags
mmorpg