AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 107 rating
Perfect 10 21 14.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 9.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 11.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 14.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.42%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 53 37.59%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-02, 12:08   Link #501
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post

It was MisterJB on page 5, just moments after the spoiler pics came out.
Heh, I guess great minds do think alike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Great, so Miria dies kneeling, crying and even smiling like a retard. How nice, thank you very much Yagi. You really had to rape her character, didn't you?
And all of this because she didn't kill those Claymores. I hope the rest of the Ghosts finds out what happened and then give them what they deserve.

This is some bullshit!
ROFL
Old 2010-09-02, 12:11   Link #502
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

@misterJB
you don't know if they were not simply controlled by number 10.
Old 2010-09-02, 12:12   Link #503
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by QS_Bilal View Post
Heh, I guess great minds do think alike !

ROFL
Me and JB ranted for a bit after that ... if you want funny read those comments ... I believe I stepped it up a bit next by commenting how they all should die...
Old 2010-09-02, 12:14   Link #504
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
@misterJB
you don't know if they were not simply controlled by number 10.
and we don't know that they were under her control either... as of yet we're clueless as to why they killed her like an animal, all we know is that they did.
Old 2010-09-02, 12:22   Link #505
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

There are some hints because they became conscious very fast.
Who knows we have to wait...
Old 2010-09-02, 12:33   Link #506
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
There are some hints because they became conscious very fast.
Who knows we have to wait...
Not definitive enough for me to conclude anything... for all we know Miria had just killed one of the two shrimp twins and they saw the need to kill her for killing one of them so they struggled through the pain. Or maybe they just didn't want to loss face with the org for losing to her the first time so they all joined in. Maybe they just viewed her like Priscilla did Teresa... believing all the orgs propaganda.

You could be right or wrong here... I'd rather hold off speculation until the chapter is actually out. Feel free to speculate though, just know I'm going to be more looking for possibilities than speculating. Once again at least until I've seen the entire chapter since we have no clue all the events that lead up to there actions/choices as of yet.
Old 2010-09-02, 13:07   Link #507
Gooral
Banned

After all this ranting and death threats Yagi-sensei might actually cave in and let Miria survive this. We've seen last few pages of the chapter and we can't tell for sure she's dead (or that her hand was chopped off). He could have drawn this scene in such ambiguous manner to have more options in 108th chapter. Although having a huge sword in her stomach should be enough to kill her but who knows, Clare had half of her body missing and survived.
Old 2010-09-02, 13:28   Link #508
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
After all this ranting and death threats Yagi-sensei might actually cave in and let Miria survive this. We've seen last few pages of the chapter and we can't tell for sure she's dead (or that her hand was chopped off). He could have drawn this scene in such ambiguous manner to have more options in 108th chapter. Although having a huge sword in her stomach should be enough to kill her but who knows, Clare had half of her body missing and survived.
I'll play along...

The only hope I see see for Miria surviving this is Dea showing up with Raki and shouting for them to stop within a moment of this butchery starting, then pulling out one of Raki's two rods and stabbing it into Miria before she's totally dead. After that kinda of injury awakening just doesn't seem feasible, since naturally she'd be too weak to generate to yoki needed to awaken. In short she needs an outside power to heal from the wounds I believe Yagi intended to make her appear to suffer. True just maybe they didn't kill her but cut off all her limbs but the sword in the stomach just suggests other wise to me... they intended to kill her plan and simple. Baring a miracle, Miria is dead... and Yagi isn't the type to save someone just because fans whine.

Naturally though I'm not sure I'd describe this as saving Miria because after being that chopped up it's clear she'd be unconscious and unable to resist the effects of the rods. Also just picturing Miria with hellcat arms and legs with boobs is just...
Old 2010-09-02, 13:28   Link #509
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun

hey....why did everybody forgot that Miria is a half-awakened claymore......she heals faster than normal claymores.......I keep saying that she is still alive....as seen on the last page...the sword the shrimp twin pierced through Miria's stomach doesn't show her anymore.....its just blood splashing around...... Miria moved from that site....or it could be possible that its the shrimp twin's blood....Miria seeing her so close thought a good chance to strike her down....you don't see Miria or her body near there any more....Y does everybody out there is killing her.....wait for one more month and you'll know exactly what happened
Old 2010-09-02, 13:31   Link #510
Gooral
Banned

Exactly. It's possible that Claymore slashed one another while Miria was kilometre away and the flying hand wasn't hers. Personally I would prefer if she died, it would really turn the story upside down (in a good way I think).
Old 2010-09-02, 13:36   Link #511
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun

No the flaying hand could be her's....because she was streching it out....but honestly do ppl really thing she could be killed by such small fries....we have'nt even seen the ORG's trump card....she no. 10 is not the trump card I say....as for the mindfu**ing it can be overcome if the opponents youki is more than the controller....and works only in unguarded state...same as body control of Galatea
Old 2010-09-02, 13:43   Link #512
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

I can't believe anyone who says they didn't think Teresa would die the way she did; that's just ridiculous. Fenrir summed up my thoughts perfectly, in Teresa's death being shocking, but expected, whereas Miria's death was just plain shocking.

Perhaps how Teresa died was a surprise, but regardless, her death was coming a mile away. To think Teresa wouldn't die sooner or later just feels too much like being in denial.

Gooral, how also do you know that Miria at least had the opportunity to say some final words? the chapter isn't even out yet, let alone translated.

I unfortunately agree with Ryus; it depends on whether or not Miria really is dead, but if she is, Yagi won't later come back and bring her back to life, he's just not the type.

It depends on whether or not she escapes this conflict, and that....will have to wait until we read the chapter.

--

I love your new avatar Irvine!
Old 2010-09-02, 13:47   Link #513
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun

@sheiky....so true....I remember while reading the manga.... whenever teresa showed mercy to Priscilla by letting her go or just giving a warning...I kept thinking..."just kill her already before she kills you"....and next page....SWOOOSH...Teresa's head fell....it was definately shocking and sad....but somewhat expected...
Old 2010-09-02, 13:50   Link #514
Gooral
Banned

I've already explained Shiek927 why I think Teresa's death (at that moment) was unexpected and much more shocking.
As for Miria's final words, someone translated these 6 pages.
Old 2010-09-02, 13:53   Link #515
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
I've already explained Shiek927 why I think Teresa's death (at that moment) was unexpected and much more shocking.
As for Miria's final words, someone translated these 6 pages.
Well, yes, like I said, her death, in how it happened, was surprising....but her death itself, is what I feel was inevitable.

Did the manner of her death surprise me? Yes.

Did Teresa's death surprise me? No.

For the latter, I honestly thought my feelings on it were shared, but if someone actually thought Teresa would live, I guess I can't fault them for that *sighs and shrugs.

I just saw it as inevitable, due to factors piecing things together along the way, such as Claire grown up, Teresa's excessive power....I didn't know how it would happen, but I knew it would sooner or later.
Old 2010-09-02, 13:54   Link #516
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Gooral, how also do you know that Miria at least had the opportunity to say some final words? the chapter isn't even out yet, let alone translated.
The spoiler pics have been translated... to sum them up without directly quoting them.

Miria at first seems shocked by seeing Hilda and tries to say that she's dead but her words turn into that she's alive [effect of the mindfrak, maybe ]

Rubel comments that the stronger the hatred the stronger #10s power

Miria basically says her and Hilda fought against yoma a lot and Hilda was her driving force in her life. She states that she achieved the same rank as here in a positive manner. Then states that they should go on fighting together forever. [this being "her" final words]

IMHO she was being forced to view Hilda as alive by this power and hence her final words where not her own but a side effect of the power bring out Miria's feelings for Hilda and not her life and/or mission. Gooral disagrees with me.
Old 2010-09-02, 14:00   Link #517
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

All the chaos going on, must have been why I missed it.

Hmmm....I'll take your side on this; of course it's Miria who's speaking right now. For Miria to not truly be saying what she is, implies hypnotizing or something; Miria is just simply overwhelmed by what is happening, which is why she is speaking these words and is, hence, distracted.

But I guess time will tell.

14 votes....people, can't you just wait till the chapter comes out?
Old 2010-09-02, 14:04   Link #518
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
14 votes....people, can't you just wait till the chapter comes out?
I know... Judge it in it's entirety not the last 6 pages.
Old 2010-09-02, 14:04   Link #519
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun

I voted 8/10.....but many voted 1/10...considering miria as dead...
Old 2010-09-02, 14:05   Link #520
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus
I want to know how a number 10 has enough yoki to manipulate Miria into seeing Hilda. If it's based on yoki manipulation it's already been stated that those with weaker yokis can't manipulate those with stronger yokis.
I think it is something similar what rafaella did to "call" clare. It is not based on yoki manipulation but on soul link skillz i think. How else could rafaella "call" clare. She was a ghost her yoki was not visible nor detectable. The answer is to me:
When clare made her surface scan rafaella got a glimpse of clare's "soul" and could target it afterwards. Miria was as long as the next chapter proves me not wrong still cloaked i think.
Other explanations?

Tags
claymore, manga