AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 107 rating
Perfect 10 21 14.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 9.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 11.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 14.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.42%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 53 37.59%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-12, 14:52   Link #1281
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
I wonder if rafaella knew theresa on a more personal level. Perhaps rafaella was her teacher and taught her to distrust the org and to hide her power from them? All this would be hidden inside of clare or rafaella's memories.
If clare will survive her fight against priscilla we will perhaps see more from rafaella's life.
Well it will be interesting 2 find out about all of raphaella's memories! I would like 2 see if Raphaella did interact with Teresa after she became a full Claymore. Clare should survive her fight with Priscilla it would be very shocking if she didn't.
Old 2010-09-12, 15:18   Link #1282
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
I wonder if rafaella knew theresa on a more personal level. Perhaps rafaella was her teacher and taught her to distrust the org and to hide her power from them? All this would be hidden inside of clare or rafaella's memories.
If clare will survive her fight against priscilla we will perhaps see more from rafaella's life.
It's all too possible;

For all we know, Rafaela and Teresa, was just like Teresa and Claire; their is an indefinite time period between when Rafaela met Teresa, to when she rejoined the Organization. Their easily could have been many many meetings between them, especially since Teresa liked to go out on her own.
Old 2010-09-12, 15:39   Link #1283
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Almost all the generations after Teresa had excepted her as the all time number one warrior. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind about this.
Old 2010-09-12, 15:46   Link #1284
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
Almost all the generations after Teresa had excepted her as the all time number one warrior. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind about this.
what are you talking about?

We haven't heard eye or ear about Teresa from anyone except those who knew her afterwards, which is basically Claire and Irene.

Rubel mentioned her to Rafaela after she died, the MiB's obviously knew her...but I don't recall this acceptance from anyone. It's not like, during training, the Organization gives their graduates a history book to learn all about the past generations....really, if you didn't knew said warrior, it's like they never existed.

Their is very little actually that warriors seem to know about the Organization's previous generations, or even eachother...just knowing about the Abyssal Ones seemed low-key when Claire first discovered Riful. Unless you go investigating and/or have an informant like Miria....you're kept in the dark about just about everything.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2010-09-12 at 16:11.
Old 2010-09-12, 15:53   Link #1285
Newhope

The Claymore trainees with Claire knew who Teresa was granted it wouldn't been that long after she died though.
Old 2010-09-12, 15:56   Link #1286
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
what are you talking about?

We haven't heard eye or ear about Teresa from anyone except those who knew her afterwards, which is basically Claire and Irene.

Rubel mentioned her to Rafaela after she died, the MiB's obviously knew her...but I don't recall this acceptance from anyone. It's not like, during training, the Organization gives their graduates a history book to learn all about the past generations....really, if you didn't knew said warrior, it's like they never existed.

Their is very little actually that warriors seem to know about the Organization's previous generations...just knowing about the Abyssal Ones seemed low-key when Claire first discovered Riful. Unless you go investigating and/or have an informant like Miria....you're kept in the dark about just about everything.
But despite this, there were those who did a few dinging on their own to find out about the past. The Org always knew that this would happen, they could not prevent or predict everything. Thus, there were warriors like Miria. I'm sure that even Deatrich knows more than the Org would have wanted her to know.
Old 2010-09-12, 16:10   Link #1287
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
The Claymore trainees with Claire knew who Teresa was granted it wouldn't been that long after she died though.
Hmm, true, I forgot about them....the girl who was bullying Claire....but you're right in that it was basically very soon right after Teresa died. I doubt any of them knew Teresa's true power, the circumstances of her death etc etc....I doubt they knew anything about her but her rank.

Quote:
But despite this, there were those who did a few dinging on their own to find out about the past. The Org always knew that this would happen, they could not prevent or predict everything. Thus, there were warriors like Miria. I'm sure that even Deatrich knows more than the Org would have wanted her to know.
Yeah, but like I said, I don't agree that their is this concensus or agreement that Teresa was the greatest Number 1.....people don't know enough about each other to come to that sort of agreement, much less know so much indepth about Teresa's true power, to know she was any stronger then the Abyssal Ones - the same goes for Priscilla.
Old 2010-09-12, 17:19   Link #1288
Egann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
Really, I have to disagree. Teresa might've beaten down the top five of her day only making her eyes glow, but Miria beat all of the Org without even releasing that much, although the twins DID force her to release her yoki. Even conceding the Org as a whole was weaker in Miria's day, that's still an amazing feat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone
@Egann Read the endless Gravestones arc and u'll know what happend 2 Ophelia.
Oh, I know. It's just she said offensive natured warriors COULD regenerate very weak limbs, but we've never seen it. If anybody can do it, Miria can.
Old 2010-09-12, 19:52   Link #1289
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

I wouldn't be surprised if Miria could regenerate her arm. But she would have 2 escape the hack up mob first.

Agreed even if the current generation is not very strong, Miria defeating almost all of them is quite a feat.
Old 2010-09-12, 20:01   Link #1290
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Miria could regenerate her arm. But she would have 2 escape the hack up mob first.

Agreed even if the current generation is not very strong, Miria defeating almost all of them is quite a feat.
I didn't surprise either when Miria just defeated the warriors of current generation due to her years of training and improvements of phantoms but I was quite wondering if defensive type would be more suitable for Miria by its fighting style... think she was one the best offensive warriors who was capable of regenerating instantaneously when she got pierced by the limb of that male AB.
Old 2010-09-12, 20:11   Link #1291
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
I didn't surprise either when Miria just defeated the warriors of current generation due to her years of training and improvements of phantoms but I was quite wondering if defensive type would be more suitable for Miria by its fighting style... think she was one the best offensive warriors who was capable of regenerating instantaneously when she got pierced by the limb of that male AB.
Well she didn't regenerated instanly but she did regenerate her stomach injury rather quickly.
Old 2010-09-12, 21:50   Link #1292
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
Well she didn't regenerated instanly but she did regenerate her stomach injury rather quickly.
Her organs where never harmed... recall the male AB planned on torturing her to death and attacking the organs first makes her dead too quick.

If you look at the panel again and you'll see his tongue is just lifting her skin up from underneath. So he was literally only stretching her skin to its limits and tearing her nerves off the muscles and bones, and no vital areas where wounded. In the Claymore world if no limb is lost and no organs damaged then it's just a minor wound (and therefore an offensive type could heal that wound)... as insanely agonizing as it must have been.

However, this image really bugs me since when looking at it all I see is that Miria is at >30% without golden eyes

@Egann while I agree with you about the regeneration for offensive types... I keep getting yelled at by many of those who can translate that the raw only implies that they never can regenerate and the translation was too liberal. However since I've never been given an exact translation by them I'm not quite sure I agree yet. So based on the English translations I've seen I agree offensive warriors who are strong enough should be able to heal, at the very least to a human level body part. Which from there Cynthia could likely then get the yoki flowing back into the limbs, since I think that seems to be what she's doing to herself right now.
Old 2010-09-13, 04:54   Link #1293
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

@Ryus: Still by the looks of Miria's face that "minor" flesh wound looks like it hurts like a B****. I don't think Miria is at 30% in that panel, remember wwwwwaaaayyyyyy back when that bandit tried 2 *cough*'have his way with Teresa' he had the whole veiney thing going on in his head too! I guess its Yagi's way of showing someone with a horrible injury.
Old 2010-09-13, 08:36   Link #1294
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

@Ryus

I agree that she must be 30% or above as she was still performing her phantom steps when she was brought down (maybe her eyes were in shock state from pain and the iris is not so clear?).

About the Teresa issue: I think throughout the manga it is implied she is the strongest, but not definite as we, the readers, have seen a good deal of warriors who are strong as well. But the best part is these things are always left to speculation and most readers love the fact that Teresa is implied as the strongest. (who knows maybe if we have seen Riful or Raph or even Lucy in action we might say something else.)

About Raph memories, I really had wished that Yagi would have given more time to reflect on the effects of this change, however, the only thing we have seen so far is a sudden surges of info abt A&B which doesn't really interest me.

My theory is somehow after Claire gets re-assimilated she would have a better control over remembering these details (ahem due to the enlightenment she achieved during CtD form). I for one would like to know more details of the org within Raph's mind, the mistake she was talking about, any info left abt Teresa, and of course what ever the hell she did to poor Irene. And I am also hoping she would learn new moves or counter-moves like how Raph countered WC.

Btw is there any other discussion I missed out? Have been swamped recently.
Old 2010-09-13, 13:36   Link #1295
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Well...well...well. Claymore reaches its final chapters.

Helen`s next. Just a hunch....

No one can defeat the org without an army, no one.
Old 2010-09-13, 13:57   Link #1296
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
Well...well...well. Claymore reaches its final chapters.

Helen`s next. Just a hunch....

No one can defeat the org without an army, no one.
Naw Claymore is not near the end yet. There is still a little bit 2 go, but yes Helen or anyone could go next!
Old 2010-09-13, 14:07   Link #1297
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

FMA is right; their is no proof that the story is ending any time soon, it's purely opinion.

Cyclone is also of the idea that the story is ending soon, mine is the opposite; I think we'll still see it for another year, at least.
Old 2010-09-13, 14:13   Link #1298
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:
FMA is right; their is no proof that the story is ending any time soon, it's purely opinion.

Cyclone is also of the idea that the story is ending soon, mine is the opposite; I think we'll still see it for another year, at least.
Agreed, Claymore should last about another... I say about another 6 months 2 a year.
Old 2010-09-13, 14:19   Link #1299
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
(...)
If it was only for a year I would say it is ending soon. 12 chapters is nothing, one or two arcs and we have so many loose ends. If Yagi wanted to he could easily end everything in 3 volumes.
Old 2010-09-13, 14:22   Link #1300
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
If it was only for a year I would say it is ending soon. 12 chapters is nothing, one or two arcs and we have so many loose ends. If Yagi wanted to he could easily end everything in 3 volumes.
with the way the arcs have been going, that would mean it would be just one arc split into 3 stories... all going on at the same time.

Tags
claymore, manga