Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-09-20, 20:04   Link #521
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

yukirosuzuka saves the kitties!!

Also 11eyes sounds interesting, especially with the thing about the side-characters not being left out for the main characters. I also smell a Triangle-Square relationship with the girls and the male lead for some reason
Old 2010-09-20, 20:06   Link #522
Patch&Quilt

11eyes was pretty bad imo. I made it through 6 episodes while it was airing before dropping it.
Patch&Quilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 20:07   Link #523
Metropolisforever

Okay, the kittens are safe...

...for now.
Old 2010-09-20, 20:08   Link #524
Metropolisforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch&Quilt View Post
11eyes was pretty bad imo. I made it through 6 episodes while it was airing before dropping it.
You honestly expected an anime based on an EROGE to be good?
Old 2010-09-20, 20:10   Link #525
Patch&Quilt

I didn't really have any high expectations of it before watching. When I saw it, I didn't even know the show was based on an eroge.
Old 2010-09-20, 21:01   Link #526
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolisforever View Post
You honestly expected an anime based on an EROGE to be good?
Second this sentiment. It's nice to have expectations of an anime, but they should be REALISTIC expectations.
Old 2010-09-20, 21:49   Link #527
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Hey! The ef series is one of the most beautiful and well done romance/drama series out there, and it was originally an eroge! Not to mention AIR and Kanon 2006 too!

11eyes wasn't that bad. The concept was good but the love triangle factor (...and Yuka) pretty much screwed everything up. Even though most of the eroge-based anime out there nowadays are just otaku moe bait, there are some really good ones out there, so I try to give them a fair chance.
Old 2010-09-20, 21:51   Link #528
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Hey! The ef series is one of the most beautiful and well done romance/drama series out there, and it was originally an eroge! Not to mention AIR and Kanon 2006 too!
Wait AIR and Kanon 2006 were originally eroge

Quote:
11eyes wasn't that bad. The concept was good but the love triangle factor (...and Yuka) pretty much screwed everything up. Even though most of the eroge-based anime out there are just otaku moe bait, there are some really good ones out there, so I try to give them a fair chance.
I knew there was going to be a love triangle happening in this anime... Just an awkward feeling, also its always good to give an anime no matter what it is a small chance atleast...
Old 2010-09-21, 09:02   Link #529
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Wait AIR and Kanon 2006 were originally eroge
Yup all the key animes so far[except Angel Beats] were, though technically they're "visual novels", not eroges since Key doesn't do the part needed to be called an eroge .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 15:13   Link #530
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

If I remember correctly, AIR and Kanon did have 18+ ero content in the originals. CLANNAD was family-friendly though.
Old 2010-09-21, 16:09   Link #531
christinemarie
Crazy One

Anime of the Day
Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!

Manabi Straight! follows the lives of a group of young high school girls living in the year 2035 while they attend the all-girl Seioh Private High School (私立聖桜学園, Shiritsu Seiō Gakuen?). Since the birth rate has dropped dramatically, schools are being closed down due to the sheer lack of students available to teach. Morale in schools has dropped dramatically, and Seioh is no exception.
The story begins when the main character, Manami Amamiya, transfers to Seioh High School. Manami is an active girl with a positive personality, often shouting her personal motto Massugu Go! (まっすぐ Go!?, meaning "Go straight ahead!") as a motivator for herself to go forward in life.

It's been three years since I watch it, yet this anime along with TTGL that year are classics. This brings me to know about the late great composer,singer,seiyu Ritsuko Okazaki. The story itself reminds me of things I should have done way back high school.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 16:26   Link #532
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

So Manami Amamiya is going to get the mood of the other students, who I suppose are sad, to cheer up in a way? I just get that feeling
Old 2010-09-21, 16:41   Link #533
Patch&Quilt

Quote:
So Manami Amamiya is going to get the mood of the other students, who I suppose are sad, to cheer up in a way? I just get that feeling
Lol. The story revolves around Manami as she becomes the student council president and with her group of friends they aim to organize the student festival. It's a very good show.
Old 2010-09-21, 16:56   Link #534
Metropolisforever

ANOTHER show about an all-girls' school. o.0
Old 2010-09-21, 16:58   Link #535
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch&Quilt View Post
Lol. The story revolves around Manami as she becomes the student council president and with her group of friends they aim to organize the student festival. It's a very good show.
Oh, when I read that everyone in the country was in a sad mood with the shutdown of many schools. I would have imagined something else.
Old 2010-09-21, 17:04   Link #536
Patch&Quilt

Quote:
Oh, when I read that everyone in the country was in a sad mood with the shutdown of many schools. I would have imagined something else.
Yeah, the description above doesn't really explain the show very well. This synopsis describes it better..

The story begins when the main character, Manami Amamiya, transfers to Seioh High School. After some initial hijinks involving a futuristic scooter and a swim meet, followed by an inspirational school song performance, she is inducted as the student council president. The story that follows pertains to Manami working with Mika Inamori, the only other student council member, and three other classmates named Mutsuki Uehara, Mei Etoh, and Momoha Odori, in student council matters. After some remodeling of the student council room, Manami and her friends set forth to plan for the upcoming student festival.
Old 2010-09-22, 14:17   Link #537
Metropolisforever

Today's Anime of the Day is...

Instant History/Otogi Manga Calendar (1961 - 1964)

(Sorry, no image could be found.)

Here it is, folks. The very first anime series ever. It was not the first television anime (that honor goes to 1960's Three Tales special), but it was the first series. The show aimed to explain history to its young viewers, usually with a character not knowing what happened "on this day in history". Film footage and photographs were combined with animation to help explain the history better. The research archives used on the show were culled from the Mainichi Shinbun newspaper, where director Ryuichi Yokoyama's manga Fuku-chan was being printed at the time. Instant History started as a 5-minute series that ran from May 1, 1961 to February 24, 1962. It became the half-hour Otogi Manga Calendar on June 25, 1962, and ran until July 4, 1964. Both were broadcast on TBS TV. Today, not many people have heard of Instant History or Manga Calendar, with most assuming that 1963's Astro Boy was the first anime television series.
Old 2010-09-22, 14:20   Link #538
Metropolisforever

I apologize for the lack of a picture. I looked all over for one, but could not, for the life of me, find a single image. Again, sorry.
Old 2010-09-22, 15:49   Link #539
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm surprised you found out the very first anime
Old 2010-09-23, 06:41   Link #540
christinemarie
Crazy One

Anime of the Day
So Ra No Wo To

Inspired by the female soldier who rescued her as a child – and haunted by the refrain the young woman played on her trumpet – Kanata joins the military, determined to become a bugler. She still has much to learn though and she is assigned to a remote outpost at the edge of the war-torn landscape. Although a ceasefire has been declared, the women of the 1121st Platoon are charged with both maintaining the Clocktower Fortress and defending the town where it is located from enemy attack.

It's one of the underrated animes this year. The story is original although I keep seeing K-ON!! persona in each main character with the exception of Ritsuko (Noel).
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote