Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-01, 16:35   Link #81
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
he picked the head protector up on picture 15 - zoom in middle picture

point about him curling fingers is brillant looks like he only badly knocked air out of naruto.

i also believe he immedialty knew the aim for head was for reason stated above... to prove naruto is an equal and hit his forehead.

there is also one point none has mentioned... sasukes eyes.

naruto knows what sasuke is aiming for right??? maybe naruto felt he can take the brunt of the blast and fake dead so sasuke can get his eyes.
Wavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 16:36   Link #82
donna8157

It was a great chapter. I hope that now there will be a time skip =d =d heheeh. .
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 16:48   Link #83
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGuyver
And is it just me, but did anyone else miss the part where it confirms the death of Chouji?
I was under the impression that Chouji was just piss tired.
He doesn't want to use the last pill. He says if he does, he will definitely die. At first I just thought he was out of gas. But then I went back and reread before he took the pill, and it seems pretty likely that he's dead.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 16:54   Link #84
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGuyver
I thought this chapter was a bit weak.
First, I was counting on the rasengan to blow sasuke's face off with some fancy animation.
Second, I wouldn't be content with just "putting a scratch" on someone's forehead protector.
Naruto's already proven that he can catch sasuke's jaw with his fist multiple times.
Heck, sasuke never put a scratch on naruto's headband, doesn't mean jack shit.
Third, Naruto sounds like a hypocrit now about bring sasuke back, doing whatever it takes, breaking every bone in his body, blah blah blah.
If he really was serious about going all the way, why didn't he pull out gamabunta? or why did he tone down the rasengan just enough to scratch a piece of metal?
Sasuke meant that Naruto wouldn't be able to touch his forehead in a real all-out fight, which this was, I think, up until this point. I just hope that we find out that Naruto deliberately decided to just scratch the forehead protector. Or maybe he got all suicidal because the person he cares the most about wants to kill him, and the scratch would just be a posthumous reminder that Naruto was as good as Sasuke. I really, really don't know.

Quote:
And is it just me, but did anyone else miss the part where it confirms the death of Chouji? I was under the impression that Chouji was just piss tired.
Care to point this out?

Quote:
And how the hell are you people saying this is the end of this arc?
There's so much crap left hanging and so much unexplained incidences it'll take another 3 chapters to finish tieing everything up.
Because it is. There's nowhere else the arc can go. The wrapup could be called an intermission between arcs, such as the 4th's funeral in between the Chuunin exam and Tsunade arc.
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 17:16   Link #85
MacJ_007

Whats the reason why Sasuke coughed up blood???

1. After effects of CS lvl 2???
2. Effect of the Rasengan??? Could be like the last time he fought Kabuto. Besides its a kyubified Rasengan, and Sasuke was saying on page 2 This Chakara.

What do u guys think??? I think Naruto could've done some serious damage but he chose to just hit Sasuke's forehead protector, to imply that Naruto is his equal or more.
MacJ_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 17:20   Link #86
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
^______^ i am so glad the fight is over ^________^

hope the other kids didnt bleed to death (neji >____<)

as long as everyone is alive except for chouji...its all good
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 17:32   Link #87
Lost World
Banned

I've been wondering about all the flashbacks to Naruto & Sasuke as kids that show them smiling at each other & holding hands...what we've seen of them so far in the series does not lead itself to them EVER possibly holding hands like that....

But I've been thinking...Maybe Naruto & Sasuke were really good friends at one point. I mean, they look really young in those flashbacks...maybe it occurred before Itachi killed everyone? And after that we know Sasuke became a recluse and loner...So maybe before Itachi killed everyone a young kid named Sasuke really did have a best friend called Naruto...

Just a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
He doesn't want to use the last pill. He says if he does, he will definitely die. At first I just thought he was out of gas. But then I went back and reread before he took the pill, and it seems pretty likely that he's dead.
There's also the obvious symbolism with the butterfly. Chou means butterfly in Japanese, and what did we see but a Butterfly flying away and past Shikamaru after Chouji collapsed.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 17:35   Link #88
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavie
point about him curling fingers is brillant looks like he only badly knocked air out of naruto.
It's true that it looks like Sasuke did that purposely, which could be one of the reason why Naruto only grazed Sasuke's head protector.
I wonder also if Sasuke struck Tsunade's necklace, it should be around the place Sasuke hit and could be a reason why Naruto would finally survive, for once the cursed necklace would have saved its holder.

Quote:
there is also one point none has mentioned... sasukes eyes.

naruto knows what sasuke is aiming for right??? maybe naruto felt he can take the brunt of the blast and fake dead so sasuke can get his eyes.
No, Naruto doesn't know anything about that.

It's a little weird that Sasuke's wing doesn't seem to be in front of him anymore when Naruto struck the head protector, maybe it was destroyed and that's why Sasuke is suffering like that from his upper left side, without speaking of the damage that the CS2 inflicts to the body of course.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 17:40   Link #89
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJ_007
Whats the reason why Sasuke coughed up blood???

1. After effects of CS lvl 2???
2. Effect of the Rasengan??? Could be like the last time he fought Kabuto. Besides its a kyubified Rasengan, and Sasuke was saying on page 2 This Chakara.

What do u guys think??? I think Naruto could've done some serious damage but he chose to just hit Sasuke's forehead protector, to imply that Naruto is his equal or more.
I am wondering about that too. Why did he all of a sudden cough up blood? I don't think he had the strength to move by that time, so how did he disappear? Did Oro came for him? Or Itachi? Or Garaa? Or Who?

What did Sasuke snatch?

I hope they will explain it in the next chapter...
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 18:02   Link #90
Karala

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaNeko
LOL, there's NO such thing as Male Friendship in Yaoi fangirls world - it's ALL about Hot Yaoi Action! *shudders*
Haha, couldn't agree more. Who out there can STILL think Sasuke is straight?
At any rate, it was a very emotional chapter, one of the best in my opinion.
Karala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 18:08   Link #91
Satoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas
Sasuke meant that Naruto wouldn't be able to touch his forehead in a real all-out fight, which this was, I think, up until this point. I just hope that we find out that Naruto deliberately decided to just scratch the forehead protector. Or maybe he got all suicidal because the person he cares the most about wants to kill him, and the scratch would just be a posthumous reminder that Naruto was as good as Sasuke. I really, really don't know.
Wrong. He didn't decide in this split second to prove that he can scratch Sasuke's forehead instead of just killing him. The collision nullified both jutsu. Naruto couldn't do more damage. Sasuke couldn't do more damage. It's that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ori
I am wondering about that too. Why did he all of a sudden cough up blood? I don't think he had the strength to move by that time, so how did he disappear? Did Oro came for him? Or Itachi? Or Garaa? Or Who?

What did Sasuke snatch?

I hope they will explain it in the next chapter...
He coughed up some blood...and his chidori arm hurts like hell...obviously after-effects of cslvl2.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 18:31   Link #92
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru
Wrong. He didn't decide in this split second to prove that he can scratch Sasuke's forehead instead of just killing him. The collision nullified both jutsu. Naruto couldn't do more damage. Sasuke couldn't do more damage. It's that simple.
So if neither attack had any power, why is Naruto unconscious/dead and Sasuke isn't? Especially since the curse seal actually takes a toll on its user, whereas the kyuubi doesn't. Naruto was probably in better shape when the Rasendori clash started.

Also, I don't think that page with Naruto and Sasuke holding fingers was a flashback. Just meant that they were still "Brothers of the Leaf."
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 18:45   Link #93
Hideki Keiji

Naruto is most likely just extremely tired. This is not due to any injury he sustained because Sasuke's Chidori did not hit. Look at page 2, look where the Chidori is heading. Now look at page 7, their hands are no longer outstreched towards each other. Now look at page 9, the only place Naruto's clothes are pierced is where Sasuke shoved his hand through his chest. If you compare page 2 and page 9 you'll notice that there is no hole where Sasuke should have hit.
My conclusion is that Sasuke couldn't bring himself to kill his closest friend, someone that thought of him as a brother. Sasuke is not truly evil, before this I believe that he simply wasn't thinking straight. Naruto wanted to bring Sasuke back, not kill him. Sasuke, despite what he said, deep down doesn't want to kill his best friend. Thus, they stopped before hitting each other.
Edit: As for Naruto being unconscious and Sasuke not, perhaps having all that chakra flowing through Naruto's body took its toll eventually.
Hideki Keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 18:47   Link #94
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
There's also the obvious symbolism with the butterfly. Chou means butterfly in Japanese, and what did we see but a Butterfly flying away and past Shikamaru after Chouji collapsed.
Don't need to overwhelm the guy with "Choji is DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAD!!!!" evidence. I'm sure if he went back and read Choji saying he was toast, he would have understood right off. Let the guy have a little hope.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 18:48   Link #95
rubberman

Im just happy that the speculations of kakashi jumping in the middle didn't happen. Kakashi kicks ass.
rubberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 19:03   Link #96
P-Virus
ナイトメア

that was a lame chapter ending up with just a scratch is BS a rasengan in the head and still able to move ?!!
P-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 19:12   Link #97
rob1out

Send a message via AIM to rob1out
I thought this was an ok chapter. I think they couldve fit a bit more story action inside it. It got more wondering what is happening next then the chapter before.

Heres a couple thoughts.

1. Sasuke will get Mangekyou sharingan SOMEHOW. Maybe its without killing naruto. Sasuke in the future will HAVE to be the one who kills his brother. And he will be the only one who will be able to do it.
Unless naruto's kyuubi eyes stop the mangekyou sharingan. Naruto as seen in previous chapters heals from physical wounds VERY fast. How about psychological wounds like the Mangekyou? Its my guess that Naruto is like everyone else when it comes to that. But i think its a possibility when Naruto is in Kyuubi mode (1 or 2) that he(Naruto) is uneffected by the Mangekyou

2. Naruto dead? Sure its possible. This may cause a bit fire, but maybe it will go like Dragon Ball Z. I mean seriously. The main character Gokou died like what? 3-4 times? Nothing wrong with DBZ I loved it before it got americanized. In the next chapter which should start getting into the story will be really cool.

3. I guess sasuke is human. Im guessing he recognized the fact that naruto chose not to beat him by mearly aiming at his Head protector. So, he acknowledges the purpose Naruto is trying to make. And lets Naruto live.

4. Misc Stuff: Future Moves.
Chidori! Two hands!
Rasengan! Two hands!
Rasengan Blast!
yeh, i was bored
rob1out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 19:14   Link #98
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

It wasn't a Rasengan neither it was a Chidori anymore.

Look at page 2, there weren't any blackish chakra for the Chidori neither a spere of chakra for the Rasengan, both jutsu weakened/negated each other, that's why Sasuke has still a head and Naruto hasn't a hand through his heart.

Their jutsus hit each other creating the huge sphere of chakra all around them. They finished their strike then, Naruto at the head and Sasuke at the chest.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 19:17   Link #99
lotus_lee

I'm just wondering how Naruto is lying down tired while Sasuke is still able to stand up. I thought Kyuubi would help Naruto get back up again.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 19:27   Link #100
zarkand

Its not like its the first time Naruto has been left unconscious after using the kyubi's charka; summoning gamabunta for the first time, and after the Gaara fight. I can only assume that even only a small amount of a demon's charka rushing around in your body could make someone tired. Couple this with the fact that Naruto has been running to the border of fire country fighting the sound nins all the way, his body has been put through hell.
zarkand is offline   Reply With Quote