Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-10-05, 11:54   Link #821
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
A bad sex life can strain any relationship.

But I was mostly being a smartass.
That's actually a valid argument, though...

Because (for some people) sex is such a bonding experience, an unsatisfactory sex life, when one (or both or all or whatever) people are not willing to look into/resolve said issue(s) CAN cause a strain on the relationship, because you feel you're missing that bond, etc.

That's why some people (myself included) preach/practice pre-marital sex, because then, at least you know you're sexually compatible.

And no, sex should not (and generally is not) the main focus of a relationship (unless that's what everyone agreed on to begin with). But very few long term relationships do NOT involve sex in some fashion, therefore, it is a concern.

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 12:08   Link #822
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Though if you're a virgin up until that point you won't know the difference
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 12:10   Link #823
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Though if you're a virgin up until that point you won't know the difference
When the time comes and you do finally get down to business, you'll know if it's satisfactory or not :P

Old 2010-10-05, 12:10   Link #824
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Oh god, what a horrible fate that would be!
Old 2010-10-05, 12:20   Link #825
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
When the time comes and you do finally get down to business, you'll know if it's satisfactory or not :P
It's business~
It's business time~
You know when I get down to just my socks it's time for business, that's why they call 'em business socks~
It's business~
It's business time~

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Old 2010-10-05, 23:05   Link #826
FateAnomaly

Well i guess it is good to check that your would be spouse is of the correct gender you desire before you marry him/her.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 10:26   Link #827
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
All that is important, really, is that a couple is compatible sexual-wise. That means similar sexual appetites and desires. If one of them doesn't really care about sex, while the other does get turned on a fair bit, then there will be problems down the road as the friction from the very different desires builds up.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 14:14   Link #828
ryodin

Straight

I don't think it matters in the least what a person's sexuality is. Its not like we're really hurting for more population. If half the people in the world suddenly went down the other road we'd still need population controls.

And on the whole straight thing... Given it considerable thought but, everything about a girl is just so much more appealing than men. Soft curves over hard lines and the like. Men's bodies are repellent to me, and women are attractive. Oddly enough the whole plumbing and mechanism bit of male-male relationships isn't part of why I don't like men. Its everything else about them ^_^

And on that note, I've actually been bullied for my sexuality, oddly enough. Joined a gay-straight alliance and got together with a girl there (going on 4 years) and pissed a lesbian right the *%#$ off with it. Called me out during a meeting of "why the *%#$ are you here?" and several attempts at violence. Though she failed miserably so... that was just funny.
ryodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 15:07   Link #829
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyannew View Post
That's why some people (myself included) preach/practice pre-marital sex, because then, at least you know you're sexually compatible.
And if you're not sexually compatible what would you do ?
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 15:22   Link #830
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Well, if it's a pretty extreme incompatibility, it may kill any chance of a lasting, stable relationship.

Hypothetical: if you were sexually repulsed by BDSM, would you want to be married to a girl who could only get off by being tied up and whipped with a cat o' nine tails?
Old 2010-10-06, 15:36   Link #831
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post

Hypothetical: if you were sexually repulsed by BDSM, would you want to be married to a girl who could only get off by being tied up and whipped with a cat o' nine tails?
You're example is too extrem. Of course, I won't but I don't even think it will go that far. It will most likely end with the first date or something like that.

But, if for example, you really love someone but this someone is not so good in bed what will you do ?
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 15:39   Link #832
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
You're example is too extrem. Of course, I won't but I don't even think it will go that far. It will most likely end with the first date or something like that.

But, if for example, you really love someone but this someone is not so good in bed what will you do ?
If it was me, I'd adjust to her pace (assuming I'm good in bed since I have no way to prove that). Besides, there's plenty of other ways to show your love for someone, and many of them better than sex, so I wouldn't let my love life be too influenced by it. Except in extreme scenarios like the one syn just pointed out
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 15:52   Link #833
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Whatever floats your boat, it's important to me so if they're terrible in bed, it's a non-starter. We wouldn't get past dating--but because I have no issue fucking before getting married...

I mean really, I date and have sex with other girls, I'm already on Sky Daddy's shit list, why should I follow his stupid "no sex before marriage" mandates? Besides the fact that it's a little hard to get married right now what with Prop. 8 up in the air and all.
Old 2010-10-06, 15:59   Link #834
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Well, I wouldn't be so quick to believe the rules of a book that people think dictates Sky Daddy's mandate I have no qualms with premarital sex either, but if my gf were to have such qualms then I wouldn't mind that either. I've already waited 23 years, what's another 2 or 3 gonna do? I'll be marrying her eventually after all
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 10:12   Link #835
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Eh, everyone is bad in bed at first, unless they are somehow very gifted. It's a given that most honeymoons are bad for this reason; it's one of the best-kept secrets out there. But the thing is, people can be trained, and they can learn. Learning how to best please your partner over the years(and everyone is a bit different about how they like to be pleased) is one of the many benefits of a relationship.

So someone being bad isn't an issue for me. They'll learn.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 10:19   Link #836
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

The primary thing is to be attentive. I'm sure coming from an asexual this sounds like an 'easy for you' sort of thing, but keep your wits about you when you're trying things and observe what works and what doesn't work. If you're only out to get yourself off, you'll miss these things. Work on pleasing your partner and trust them to work to please you, too. If you can't do that, you probably shouldn't be having sex with that person.
Old 2010-10-07, 12:09   Link #837
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post

But what if you didn't find that out until after you married her?

Seriously, though, it's not a matter of being "bad"; not being compatible is entirely different.
You could find that, for instance (sorry for tmi) the odor of your partner's privates is a huge turn off, and thus negates and chance of oral gratification (assuming the odor is not caused by something amiss... everyone has their own scent).

Or, for the ladies, your partner is too large to comfortable be accommodated. If they're too small, well that can be compensated for, but too big? you're screwed, pardon the pun.

This is assuming, also, that there has not been any serious foreplay prior to marriage happening. I don't know what non-premarital-sex people do, whether they fool around and just don't have intercourse, or whether they just don't do anything... I've never personally known someone who was waiting for marriage, so....

Old 2010-10-07, 12:46   Link #838
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

I think this pretty much boils down to how much importance you hold for sex cause I don't think a lot of people are just going to file a divorce or break up with their bf or gf assuming of course both have "normal" sex drives. It does seem pretty shallow to break off a relationship just because one does not like submitting to the other's fetish. There are so many many other ways to express love. I think worshipping sex too much isn't healthy...at all. And it seems very shallow. No offense of course to those who do. We are sexual beings but that doesn't comprise our whole being. Several factors may also contribute to how someone treats sex education like background, environment, and role models.

Well, that's at least for me. I fully respect synaesthetic and cheyannew's view points seeing they strongly believe in compatibility before marriage. I probably hold the field of sex as a way more smaller portion in my relationships/future relationships than theirs. I also believe in and am also preaching sex after marriage so as to avoid any "accidental" accidents by our non 100% durable contraceptives and to avoid the spread of any STD be it benign or fatal to any other party outside of your current relationship. At least if you're infected with an STD you'll more likely know who gave it to you and you can also try to save the person. 1 STD will not make you feel the same as having 2 STDs. That is double trouble.

@synaesthetic

And no synaesthetic, Sky Daddy does not have a "naughty" list. It is in the end where judgement will come and all those not listed in the Book of Life will be thrown into the Lake of Fire

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 12:51   Link #839
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Well, I don't sleep with random strangers, so STDs are the least of my worries. And I don't sleep with guys either so no accidental babies, either.
Old 2010-10-07, 17:47   Link #840
Sing4ever9

Also about the whole "Sky Daddy" thing; God doesn't keep tabs like that. ^^;;
I've come to acknowledge that the Bible was a book written by people who saw something they didn't like, wrote it down, and slapped the lable "God says it's wrong" on it. Like Homosexuality; I've read that it was a natural feeling that's even shared amongst animals (humans, believe/like it or not, are a part of it). But someone was disgusted by it and made up this lie about how God said it was a sin. If there's one thing I know, it's that God doesn't make mistakes.

As long as one knows the risks that come with sex, then by all means, have sex. However, people who do blindly go and have sex with random people, they honestly have no idea what they could be getting themselves into for various reasons. That makes me worry a whole lot.
Sing4ever9 is offline   Reply With Quote