Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-10-06, 13:40   Link #8881
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningChaos View Post
Still weird IMO. Seeing as the Innovades can only be reprogrammed by Veda's orders and ESF doesn't possess any Innovade and they only possess Innovators which is still being introduced to Veda's systems.
No, they DO have Innovades working for them. In fact, I think we saw a glimpse of them while Kati was on CB, Patrick made a comment about two people beside each other with the EXACT same face and Kati explained to them what they are.

--------------------

Regarding the genetic sequence thing, they're not necessarily higher level compared to most stuff. But since they do know the general outline of the Plan, that means they have access to most of it already.

From what I recall "the Federation Innovades have access to most of Veda except for some that has been blocked by Tiera". Cannot recall where the quote came from, some magazine or small scale book I cannot remember. Anybody that can help me pinpointing this source would be nice.

I edited my previous post to add some replies I wanted to make from the mecha topic.
Old 2010-10-06, 13:57   Link #8882
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 14:04   Link #8883
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
This is the same thing that I argue, since analysis of the scenes show that the slouch that the Exia R2 was in shows that the saber didn't hit it, but unfortunately it was confirmed through official sources that it was destroyed. Currently the most probable speculation as to how is the Full Burst mode it used, since it doesn't typically get used because of how unstable it is.

The Seraphim's GN-Drive's survival is currently unconfirmed. Chances are it too will get confirmed to be destroyed but right now, we just don't know.
Old 2010-10-06, 14:11   Link #8884
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Quote too long. Thanks for the reply Sonic and Rising Dragon.
What I don't understand is, if the ELS didn't have QBW how could they even sense it and even cause a disturbance in it? Doesn't that practically mean they do have QBW and have some kind of influence.

Besides if assimilation is their way of understanding (exactly like that thing in Eureka 7), once they assimilated the humans don't they not realize that it didn't work? Instead of retreating they decided to just keep assimilating?

Maybe I'm just nitpicking but it just seems weird.

Another question is, I noticed when Harute enters his 6 eyes mode, his faceplate retracts. What I realized is that the original visors are gone, what happened to them? Where they discarded or destroyed during the movie? What does 6 eyes mode do to Harute?
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 14:17   Link #8885
justavisitor

after reading all the spoilers I think humans just got the incredible luck in the movie

Reason is that, imo, the biggest contributors to help human successfully communicate with ELS are, ironically, actually Ribbons and Corner

Without their egos...
1) Earth will still be not unified as Ribbons and Corner dramatically sped up the unification process
2) Earthlings will still be using Overflag, Enact, and Tieren to fight against the aliens since they don't have the GN-Drive Tau
3) CB will not get the technology of Trans-am and Twins-Drive that fast (since 3rd gen MS was supposed to be enough) and hence they cannot communicate with the ELS

Remember, ELS invaded earth 6 years after the season 1 started...human actually didn't have a lot of time to prepare....and thankfully, Ribbons and Corner were right there!!

So Ribbons and Corner are the unsung heroes after all and humans would have been doomed without those two
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 14:17   Link #8886
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Exia's GN Drive is not inside the vernier like 00 and the GN-X, it's inside the torso. The cones just connect directly to the Drive and serve as external output but the main Drive Chassis is inside the torso. The large cylinder that Nadleeh released in S1 25 is the general Drive Chassis type used by the 3rd Generation Gundams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
This is the same thing that I argue, since analysis of the scenes show that the slouch that the Exia R2 was in shows that the saber didn't hit it, but unfortunately it was confirmed through official sources that it was destroyed. Currently the most probable speculation as to how is the Full Burst mode it used, since it doesn't typically get used because of how unstable it is.

The Seraphim's GN-Drive's survival is currently unconfirmed. Chances are it too will get confirmed to be destroyed but right now, we just don't know.

I don't know, it did pierce through the side chest near the GN Drive (which is inside the torso). When your anywhere near that area, there's always a chance of it being affected somehow, especially if some of the peripheral parts of the "large cylinder" went critical when that not last time (GN Flag battle). The critical parts could easily chain some damage to the core.

This is especially after you've used a system that's deemed to be unstable to use most of the time. Combine the two incidents and you've got a decent chance for it to get affected somehow.

It does not even have to be "boom" destroyed, just enough to de-activate it would be similar since the Original GN Drives are perpetual devices, anything that is enough to suddenly stop it should have the same effect, since they start running ever since they were created in Jupiter and there does not seem to be another way to activate it.
Old 2010-10-06, 14:20   Link #8887
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
What I don't understand is, if the ELS didn't have QBW how could they even sense it and even cause a disturbance in it? Doesn't that practically mean they do have QBW and have some kind of influence.

Besides if assimilation is their way of understanding (exactly like that thing in Eureka 7), once they assimilated the humans don't they not realize that it didn't work? Instead of retreating they decided to just keep assimilating?

Maybe I'm just nitpicking but it just seems weird.

Another question is, I noticed when Harute enters his 6 eyes mode, his faceplate retracts. What I realized is that the original visors are gone, what happened to them? Where they discarded or destroyed during the movie? What does 6 eyes mode do to Harute?
Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Exia's GN Drive is not inside the vernier like 00 and the GN-X, it's inside the torso. The cones just connect directly to the Drive and serve as external output but the main Drive Chassis is inside the torso. The large cylinder that Nadleeh released in S1 25 is the general Drive Chassis type used by the 3rd Generation Gundams.
I know it is not in the vernier itself, but is right behind it where the green orb is, etc as shown in episode 2 S2 when it showed Exia without the GN Drive. The beam saber didn't go in the area where the drive was. Yes, it was close to it, but like in S1 when Graham stabbed it with the GN Flag, it didn't hit it.

Last edited by quagmire; 2010-10-06 at 14:30.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 14:27   Link #8888
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Spoiler for rr:
Old 2010-10-06, 14:34   Link #8889
wencong1356

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Well... its their way of doing things. To them, assimilating other things is good, as they gain nearly every knowledge of it. To us, we will go WTF was that for.

Oh btw, in case anyone don't know, it was shown in the movie that ELS assimilated another species too. If im not wrong, the whole planet was assimilated.
wencong1356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 14:37   Link #8890
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Well surely us running away and shooting back at them would be a big hint to them that we consider their actions as hostile.

What's funny is that the ELS also took on a form of a gnx n began to join in on all the shooting around.Did they consider exchanging beam fire as a good thing as well?
Old 2010-10-06, 14:43   Link #8891
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
Well surely us running away and shooting back at them would be a big hint to them that we consider their actions as hostile.

What's funny is that the ELS also took on a form of a gnx n began to join in on all the shooting around.Did they consider exchanging beam fire as a good thing as well?
At that point it was less trying to understand us and more trying to save their collective asses. Their first direct contact with an Innovator was the decidedly hostile Descartes, who was planning on taking out his frustration on them.
Old 2010-10-06, 14:54   Link #8892
wencong1356

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post

I think they want to assimilate all of humanity, including Earth. When human fight back, they see us as opposition. That was why they took on the form of a gn-x and fought back.
Old 2010-10-06, 15:02   Link #8893
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wencong1356 View Post
I think they want to assimilate all of humanity, including Earth. When human fight back, they see us as opposition. That was why they took on the form of a gn-x and fought back.
Nope.

Spoiler:
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 15:20   Link #8894
wencong1356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Nope.

Spoiler:
Assimilation was their only way to gain knowledge of us. When they came in the final wave, it was pretty obvious that they are aiming to mass assimilate human beings. When human beings fought back, the ELS could have seen this as an act of opposition, as they want to gain knowledge of us, but we human beings don't allow it. So, they have to fight back in order to assimilate.
Old 2010-10-06, 15:26   Link #8895
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Assimilation was their only way to gain knowledge of us. When they came in the final wave, it was pretty obvious that they are aiming to mass assimilate human beings. When human beings fought back, the ELS could have seen this as an act of opposition, as they want to gain knowledge of us, but we human beings don't allow it. So, they have to fight back in order to assimilate.
RisingDragon already said it: it was less them trying to destroy us and more them trying to save themselves.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 15:28   Link #8896
Vash1306
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
after reading all the spoilers I think humans just got the incredible luck in the movie

Reason is that, imo, the biggest contributors to help human successfully communicate with ELS are, ironically, actually Ribbons and Corner

Without their egos...
1) Earth will still be not unified as Ribbons and Corner dramatically sped up the unification process
2) Earthlings will still be using Overflag, Enact, and Tieren to fight against the aliens since they don't have the GN-Drive Tau
3) CB will not get the technology of Trans-am and Twins-Drive that fast (since 3rd gen MS was supposed to be enough) and hence they cannot communicate with the ELS

Remember, ELS invaded earth 6 years after the season 1 started...human actually didn't have a lot of time to prepare....and thankfully, Ribbons and Corner were right there!!

So Ribbons and Corner are the unsung heroes after all and humans would have been doomed without those two
God bless them both
Vash1306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 15:30   Link #8897
wencong1356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
RisingDragon already said it: it was less them trying to destroy us and more them trying to save themselves.
Their sheer numbers were already owning the humans, and even the humans were aware of that. Why would the ELS need to save themselves?
Old 2010-10-06, 15:35   Link #8898
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Their sheer numbers were already owning the humans, and even the humans were aware of that. Why would the ELS need to save themselves?
How do they know the humans don't have some super-weapon that can take them out? They already have some sort of ability they couldn't comprehend.

Essentially, its a really good depiction of alien vs. alien. Humanity and the ELS are, to one another, a race so utterly bizarre they can't truly comprehend them.
Old 2010-10-06, 15:40   Link #8899
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post

Without their egos...

But without Corner and Ribbons, humanity wouldn't innovate as quickly as well. Or were we innovating naturally? I thought GN particles was the reason why we're innovating right? If we didn't innovate as quickly, the ELS probably wouldn't be interested in us at all.

If I was living in the 00 world, I'd be really freaking scared that one day the ELS would just say "meh lets just assimilate them anyway" and screw us over. We'll have no one to save our asses except hybrid Setsuna (and he'd probably just be assimilated too). This assimilating shit really freaks me out, it's like you're being digested and absorbed alive REALLY quickly. Then maybe you get absorbed together with someone you hate and you both would be one life form forever....ugh.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 15:44   Link #8900
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Borg vs. ELS. Gogo.

Tags
gundam 00 movie