AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-03, 23:34   Link #81
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tae
Spoiler for Question about Ed:
from what I understand
Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-03, 23:58   Link #82
WristBandMan

Thumbs up

EXCELLENT ENDING~!!!

But nobody addressed this question yet --- those rebels in the North War (Armstrong, Breda etc...) they just got free like that~~?? Not executed as traitors at all eh? Well, we didn't see Havoc..

A second one -- I'm pissed with Rose~~~ What's with her attitude all over from the episode she was brought underground by Dante... kinda like under a spell or something... the danc with Ed etc.... then suddenly she got a grip for no reason.. wt?

but still, EXCELLENT ENDING!!
Old 2004-10-04, 00:21   Link #83
raspberihevn

Send a message via AIM to raspberihevn
First off something non-spoilerish:
What's with this >< constant fan group fights!? It's like they're always at war with one another O_o;;
Today's new release: Fullmetal Alchemist 51 by [ShinsenSonchouSucks]

Retort: "2004, Oct 3. Once again, people who want to make names for themselves decided to be cool and release a shitty translation of FMA 51. Well, for the people at aoi-anime, and such, I'd like to say thanks, for once again making yourselves look like assholes and such. Its a pity your crap group is gonna die Shinkun. And remember, we didn't start this little battle, your group did, and i can't wait to watch aoi-anime go down in flames.I know who was involved, it wasn't hard to figure out."

Ok now onwards with the episode:
What a never ending cycle. I got to say in one way I'm satisfied and content because most of my questions are answered. But in another way I want to sigh... it was such an unexpected ending.. did everything end well? I'm not quite sure. And how was it possible for Al not to remember any of his travels with Ed? But the good thing is that he DOES remember his brother right?

The GATE explanation was pretty odd. I can accept that it was two alternate worlds. But how was Ed's father >< able to find the world of alchemy and travel to that world? Another hmm filled with more ?? Tsch >_> I would have hated this episode as its ending if it wasn't for Ed's *brilliant smile* at the end. It makes everything seem okay doesn't it -^_^-
Old 2004-10-04, 00:29   Link #84
Spastic_Hobo

To all those who were dissapointed by the happiness of this ending. A little piece of me feels i would have heard bitching from you if all the main players had died in typical BONES fashion. I for one thought the ending was perfect the way it was. I know I would have been pissed if Mustang bit the big one.
Old 2004-10-04, 00:51   Link #85
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

of course the ending was good. Probably one of the few animes where you had a complete story from beginning to end instead of the many open ended, unanswered questions, everybody dies and plain fucked up endings that make no sense we get treated to all the time.
Old 2004-10-04, 01:39   Link #86
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
of course the ending was good. Probably one of the few animes where you had a complete story from beginning to end instead of the many open ended, unanswered questions, everybody dies and plain fucked up endings that make no sense we get treated to all the time.
hmm... are you being sarcastic? since this is definitely not a complete story... not yet... it's pretty much intentionally open ended to start a movie. There are plenty of loose ends, which I guess are intentionally left for the movie. Most of the villains' whereabouts end up unknown. How is it a complete story when the whole epilogue is practically the prologue for the upcoming movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spastic_Hobo
To all those who were dissapointed by the happiness of this ending. A little piece of me feels i would have heard bitching from you if all the main players had died in typical BONES fashion. I for one thought the ending was perfect the way it was. I know I would have been pissed if Mustang bit the big one.
have you really read what people have posted? Since I think no single person is disappointed by the happiness of this ending. Heck, another BONES anime just ended some days ago, namely Kenran Butoh Sai, with maybe the BIGGEST happy ending of recent animes, and as far as I can tell, everyone LOVE it. And no, noone is pissed because Mustang lives, but plenty of people got pissed that he practically drops dead for no apparent reason with Hawkeye crying over "his corpse", and later on revived for no apparent reason. There are plenty of happy endings that ROCKS, while Fullmetal Alchemist ending is just decent. However to say it's perfect or best ending ever is way of an overstatement, especially considering it's not exactly an ending in the strict sense.

It's not whether it's "happy ending" or "sad ending" that matters, it's the natural flow of plot development and conclusion that matters. FMA ending have zero conclusion. Its flow is okay, not as smooth as some others, but not so forced neither, far better than the recent surge of animes killing characters with no reason in some forced cliche sad endings. I like sad endings, but I'm also strongly against the recent trend of animes killing people with no apparent reason and making sad endings that serves no purpose except for the very sake of making sad endings. Those are just plain bad endings. FMA ending is at least better than those, that much I can credit it for. And it's not really an ending, rather a transition leading up to the movie. If BONES tells us that there's no movie or any continuation of the storyline and the whole FMA story just ends here, I'd be much more disappointed. I guess we'll have to wait for the 2005 movie to tell if FMA really has a good happy or sad ending
Old 2004-10-04, 02:27   Link #87
Sledeau

Before the recent episodes, I had gotten the impression that the FMA world was set centuries ahead of our current one, based on (I think this is how it went) Dante mentioning to Rosa that the cathedral they were entering was from one of a long dead religion from 400 years ago, or maybe I got the 400 years ago figure from when Dante and Hohenheim started doing the eternal life thing, dunno. Figured Christianity, its a cathedral after all. So, something must have happened with the Christian religion and alchemy, and lead up to how the current world is. Ishabal might have been the "modern" offshoot of Christianity in the FMA world, seeing as how alchemy was against its laws (which would fall under magic, a no-no under Christianity)

What am I trying to say? Maybe I'm just reading into it too much, but maybe it explains how the two worlds are similar, maybe they got split from each other at some point. (Tales of Symphonia!)
Old 2004-10-04, 03:30   Link #88
archange

I wonder if Dante managed to use the bits of Philosopher's stone in gluttony to bind her soul in his body
being in a homunculus who regenerates might block her decaying
Old 2004-10-04, 03:46   Link #89
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by archange
I wonder if Dante managed to use the bits of Philosopher's stone in gluttony to bind her soul in his body
being in a homunculus who regenerates might block her decaying
that's a great idea! now I think about it, kinda wonder why Dante didn't do that before? binding her soul onto a homunculus who can consume red stone to regenerate its body surely sounds a good way to preventing the decay I guess
Old 2004-10-04, 05:09   Link #90
CyberPunk

if she did that, would she be able to perform alchemy while in the homunculus' body?
Old 2004-10-04, 07:11   Link #91
Antonik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk
if she did that, would she be able to perform alchemy while in the homunculus' body?
N oneed for alchemiy, once a homonculus you live forever. Not to mention some cool power.
Old 2004-10-04, 07:18   Link #92
Pailong

somethings been bothering me about the end ep.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-04, 08:29   Link #93
BuGGY!!

Pailong,

Spoiler:

What I want to know is

Spoiler:

This ending was awesome, I hope the movie leaves untied ends so they can another season/series. FMA is the best anime i've seen yet.
Old 2004-10-04, 09:26   Link #94
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledeau
What am I trying to say? Maybe I'm just reading into it too much, but maybe it explains how the two worlds are similar, maybe they got split from each other at some point. (Tales of Symphonia!)
Dunno bout splitting, but in general, it's that the 2 worlds evolved the same until about the 1500s where "here" christianity was born and flourished whereas "there" alchemy was successful and wiped out christianity's beliefs.
Old 2004-10-04, 10:07   Link #95
CyberPunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonik
N oneed for alchemiy, once a homonculus you live forever. Not to mention some cool power.
i'm not asking if there's a need, i'm asking if dante would be able to perform alchemy if she bound her soul to a homunculus' body.
Old 2004-10-04, 10:15   Link #96
Avarice

Hey, well for those of you who have watched Episode 51, you heard the classical music (piano) that was played just as Hawkeye is mourning over Roy Mustang and plays through the part when Envy is inside the gate.

Well, does anyone know the title/artist of this classical theme? Sorry, just that I do not know anything about classical music and musicians (cept the obvious: Beethoven, Bach, etc) and well I would really appreciate it if someone can tell me the title to that classical music theme song. And/or also, the musician that plays it.

Thanks
Old 2004-10-04, 10:24   Link #97
DNE
Kyo!

hmm jst saw this episode, sad

bt something i dont get

Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-04, 10:55   Link #98
devilpim
Galvanic Alchemist

I just watched the last episode.
Gosh! I can't wait for the movie!
Old 2004-10-04, 11:43   Link #99
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
hmm... are you being sarcastic? since this is definitely not a complete story... not yet... it's pretty much intentionally open ended to start a movie. There are plenty of loose ends, which I guess are intentionally left for the movie. Most of the villains' whereabouts end up unknown. How is it a complete story when the whole epilogue is practically the prologue for the upcoming movie?
it is pretty complete for me. Not every question has to be answered for the story to be complete, but in the last episode we knew pretty much what happened to all the major players. We knew what happened to al, ed, the fire alchemist and his gf, furher, the bomb alchemist, izumi etc and all the storylines they pursued ended.

Of course they are some questions, as there should be.

You may ask, what happened to dante and gluttony, did lust really die, where did wrath go etc etc but these questioned can be answered in a later movie and is not necessary for the fma story end.
Old 2004-10-04, 11:55   Link #100
Rockpaperscissors

Uhm I may be wrong but how do we know that Al is 'physically' 10 years old? I mean he looks taller and much mature than his character design was when Ed and Al were going to get trained by Izumi when they were kids... It seems as if Al is back with no memory of what happened ever since the transmutaion of their mother yet with a 15 year olds body.. but I don't understand any japanese so maybe I should wait for the translation of the episode.

but anyways the movie will clear things out. Dante will finally die and Ed will find a way to open the portal through science (Einstein, relativity, quantum mechanics?) one brother will get rose, the other winly, mustang will become fuhrer and a side character or two may perish through the process... ohh also envy may show up at the other side of the gate WITH powers just to F... with ed and hohenheim one last time...

ohh also Nostradamus was a human from FMA world who had crossed over to our through THE GATE. thAts why he was able to make such accurate predictions because he saw them at the gate...

ed chooses not to use his metal arm in our world because it cannot be created over there. its science or whatever is beyond our worlds understanding (even know) so its better that no one knows what it is and that it functions.

also its very nice to see that both brother held their promise about that they made at episode 3.

why these weird rumblings without an order? cause I am awake with less than 2 hours of sleep for the last 73+ hours.. yay..
Closed Thread