AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-10-07, 02:11   Link #8921
deadite

There are still people who think ELS came to make war? We are alien to the ELS as much as they are alien to us. They cannot probably comprehend the way we do things the same way that we cannot comprehend them.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 02:13   Link #8922
bio9205
Reborn

Is there a really good summary of the movie out there that goes through every major detail of the movie? Thanks.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 04:10   Link #8923
BurningChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The ELS aren't made up of GN-Particles; they didn't acquire that technology UNTIL they began assimilating GN-XIVs.
I thought they are made up of GN Particles since they are basically metals that are linked by GN Particles so we can say that they are basically made up of GN Particles.
And I guess the GN Particles is what granted their abilities to "shape shift" and liquify their body, It's just that their GN Particles we're not used since they don't know how to use the GN Particles until they assimilated a GN-XIV which have the data on how to use the GN Particles and as ELS is a hive-mind, They then proceeded to use the installed instruction from the GNX-XIV.
BurningChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 04:17   Link #8924
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningChaos View Post
I thought they are made up of GN Particles since they are basically metals that are linked by GN Particles so we can say that they are basically made up of GN Particles.
And I guess the GN Particles is what granted their abilities to "shape shift" and liquify their body, It's just that their GN Particles we're not used since they don't know how to use the GN Particles until they assimilated a GN-XIV which have the data on how to use the GN Particles and as ELS is a hive-mind, They then proceeded to use the installed instruction from the GNX-XIV.
No no no no no.

The ELS are techno organic life form that is similar to a virus. To understand living things and machines, they assimilate into it, taking it over and learning along with gaining any abilities from it.

In this case, after assimilating the countless GN tech, the information was shared among the entire ELS hive mind. Assimilating things and gaining their abilities is something the ELS can do on their own.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 06:37   Link #8925
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
There are still people who think ELS came to make war? We are alien to the ELS as much as they are alien to us. They cannot probably comprehend the way we do things the same way that we cannot comprehend them.
We will never know. They came from a totally different world from ours, lived totally different lives and destinies.

Basically, it was just misunderstanding.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 09:19   Link #8926
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Is there a really good summary of the movie out there that goes through every major detail of the movie? Thanks.
Ironically, Gundam Wiki has a pretty decent one here
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 09:47   Link #8927
jonli
JONLIの憂'

If only they had a Colony Laser, they wouldn't need to worry shit about the ELS. That tiny planet ship thing would vaporize.

Unless those mother fuckers assimilate the Colony Laser.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 11:29   Link #8928
BurningChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
No no no no no.

The ELS are techno organic life form that is similar to a virus. To understand living things and machines, they assimilate into it, taking it over and learning along with gaining any abilities from it.

In this case, after assimilating the countless GN tech, the information was shared among the entire ELS hive mind. Assimilating things and gaining their abilities is something the ELS can do on their own.
I thought they are made up of GN Particles because "someone" here said that there's a part of the movie that showed their origins (How they are made) and the camera shows a portion where metals are being linked up with GN Particles and they stack on the top of each other that's how the ELS originated according to "him".
Give me some time and I'll show the post.
Here it is: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...65#post3262565
BurningChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 11:39   Link #8929
wencong1356

Quote:
I thought they are made up of GN Particles because "someone" here said that there's a part of the movie that showed their origins (How they are made) and the camera shows a portion where metals are being linked up with GN Particles and they stack on the top of each other that's how the ELS originated according to "him".
Give me some time and I'll show the post.
Here it is: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...65#post3262565
Is it just me, or is it that I don't remember that ELS were linked by GN particles?
wencong1356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 12:47   Link #8930
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
If only they had a Colony Laser, they wouldn't need to worry shit about the ELS. That tiny planet ship thing would vaporize.

Well, the ESF did use the Celestial Being's massive GN-Laser. It... didn't work out too well for them.
Old 2010-10-07, 13:27   Link #8931
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
Is assumulating the only way for the els to commuinicate with us? The els have the ability to replicate our technology so couldn't they assimulate into a radio and try to commuinicate that way. If they can turn into a gnx I am sure they can manage to turn into tech which can be used to commuinicate with us but perhaps they are so different that the idea didn't occur to them.
That depends on whether they can communicate with us with radio. Even if they have aquire the technology which is not a big deal, the problem is more of what to say really. They really do not communicate the same way we do.

Quote:
And don't also forget that ELS is also made up of GN Particles and if the ELS will use a radio, that it will just end up in a freaking way.
No, the movie never mentioned about them being related to GN Particles at all. They have cool natural abilities but their not GN related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
I do suspect having Exia's, Seraphim's( I know it is unconfirmed, but it most likely is), and 0 Gundam's GN Drive destroyed was one of the changes going into the movie due to when we first saw the new Gundams, Raphael/Seravee II had an original drive(it put out green particles and the beam color was one from an original GN Drive) so I bet Seraphim's and 0's were the only GN Drives destroyed originally, but the writers changed it when they wanted to make Raphael/Seravee II Tau powered. Raphael didn't change to a Tau drive until around the 4th trailer or so. Guess they figured the damage was close enough to the drive in Exia, they could make up a reason to say it was destroyed.
Actually, I think they purposely make it green to fool us early on since we would expect the Gundams to be using green. None of the show-off scenes in trailer 2 were ever used in the movie including Raphael's 360 wing zero sweep and Zabanya using the sniper rifle "traditionally" (IE with it's hands). The only MS scene from trailer 2 to make it is 00Q's launch sequence.

Considering the HG boxart depicted Raphael using green particles and pink beams just 2 weeks before the movie was released (HG boxarts are not canonly bound), it's not the only one that's different from the actual color. Astraea F, Gadessa and Arche HGs also follow suit), it's clearly trickery on their part to generate discussion on the subject on the movie. And it worked, after Raphael's Tau trailer came out (which was long before the boxart was released), we were already talking about Raphael being a mixture of Tau and Original machine. Even was smart enough to use the backpackless Raphael in said depiction, allowing us to get to the "Original Drive in the backpack" viewpoint, which is not the case either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
So, I just watched the new trailer with some sound (my computer has no sound, had to use the PS3, SHUT UP). I noticed that the ELS make a weird humming sound when moving, or trying to communicate.

A nifty sound effect.
Well..............consolences then.

I think it was just a moving effect, creepy aliens coming to get you so it fits nicely. It would be weird if all that moving gets you no sound at all. (space-vacuum laws nonewithstanding as it is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
You can try NK. It's a decent summary I think if you have not tried it already.

Quote:
I do not recall any mention of them being GN Particle beings at all. They're just what they are with their own evolved abilities and all but their not GN Particle related.

Quote:

The ELS do have a decent amount of strategy on them. They know what weapons to target, they knew that Celestial Being's 18M GN Laser was their most potent weapon so they went and took it out.

Once they acquire the data for something, they can easily transform into it. I recall once they had GN Field technology it really became much harder to fight them IIRC. They assimiliated it at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wencong1356 View Post
Is it just me, or is it that I don't remember that ELS were linked by GN particles?
Don't recall it either and I think I would have noticed and remembered something this important.
Old 2010-10-07, 13:28   Link #8932
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Well, the ESF did use the Celestial Being's massive GN-Laser. It... didn't work out too well for them.
Not in the long run. The first time they used it the damned thing blasted a hole in the ELS' planetoid.
Old 2010-10-07, 13:31   Link #8933
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Speaking of lasers, I still have no idea how the lasers do not move at light speed if they're truly laser. Considering that most of the ships in AD use laser weapons and none of them are instantaneous-like in terms of how fast they move.
Old 2010-10-07, 13:40   Link #8934
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Speaking of lasers, I still have no idea how the lasers do not move at light speed if they're truly laser. Considering that most of the ships in AD use laser weapons and none of them are instantaneous-like in terms of how fast they move.
This probably belongs in the tech thread, but I think their called "GN Lasers" simply because they force the GN Particles into coherence. This can only be achieved with waves, but I recall it mentioned somewhere that GN Particles had photon-like properties (in other words they behaved like both particles and waves).
Old 2010-10-07, 13:58   Link #8935
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I'll take any explanation or rationalisation over nothing really.

Not sure about the wave and particle property thing. It's popped out in some of our theories before but not in a real source I believe. They do emit a lot of photons though and they are famous for the special light that they "emit".

In fact, the light is one of the main reasons that the "Solar Furnaces" got it's name; according to the Mg Exia manual.

Decided to continue in weapon, mecha tech thread:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...96#post3285796
Old 2010-10-07, 14:16   Link #8936
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Well..we're screwed. Back to plan talk-them-to-death.

Well but a Colony Laser would be a lot thicker and stronger than the Celestial Being's massive GN-laser I assume? If the Earth federation really did try to take the ELS out they could fire a 1 shot kill weapon BEFORE the ELS had any idea.

Anyway I was going to ask, when an ELS tries to assimilate something. What happens if that thing is significantly larger than itself? For example is a pen sized ELS tried to assimilate a Mobile Suit, would it just manage to assimilate like its knee, or would the entire Mobile Suit turn into its own mass? That's actually really curious since if they made a Colony Laser so huge, the fang like ELS might not be able to assimilate it in time entirely before it can fire one or two shots.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 14:38   Link #8937
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Well..we're screwed. Back to plan talk-them-to-death.

Well but a Colony Laser would be a lot thicker and stronger than the Celestial Being's massive GN-laser I assume? If the Earth federation really did try to take the ELS out they could fire a 1 shot kill weapon BEFORE the ELS had any idea.

Anyway I was going to ask, when an ELS tries to assimilate something. What happens if that thing is significantly larger than itself? For example is a pen sized ELS tried to assimilate a Mobile Suit, would it just manage to assimilate like its knee, or would the entire Mobile Suit turn into its own mass? That's actually really curious since if they made a Colony Laser so huge, the fang like ELS might not be able to assimilate it in time entirely before it can fire one or two shots.
Well, the Celestial Being's large GN-Laser did do some damage at first--it blasted a path to the ELS's mothership and punched a hole through its surface, but when they fired it again, the beam was deflected off of a shield, and then the ELS attacked it and the Celestial Being in retaliation. So it wasn't completely useless, but it wasn't an endgame weapon.
Old 2010-10-07, 14:42   Link #8938
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

If I'm not mistaken, THAT'S when they gained GN-Field technology(backed up by dialogue mentioning the fact) and once they did that well.......

They gain the technology once they absorbed it, and any of them can use it once they have it.

They're a bit like Pac-Man I guess but creepier looking.
Old 2010-10-07, 15:18   Link #8939
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

http://twitter.com/veda2314

well...................hi there Veda.

=========

Some stuff about Billy and Graham talking about the Brave too. some proper translations would be nice.
Old 2010-10-07, 16:44   Link #8940
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
That depends on whether they can communicate with us with radio. Even if they have aquire the technology which is not a big deal, the problem is more of what to say really. They really do not communicate the same way we do.
Well by turning into a radio they will be able to commuinicate using sound, but turning into a radio probably wouldn't be enough, they would have to learn our language as well. But if they are able to reverse engineer gn tech in a matter of seconds then I can see them picking up on a language easily.

So the question is how can these aliens go about learning our language? Well one way maybe by assimulating with a computer system and using a computers processing processing power to pick up a few words and sentences. So that's one example of many ways which the aliens can go about learning our language.

The aliens don't even have to assimulate into a radio, they can commuinicate through pictures or images using screen technology if they cannot do so using sound.

Tags
gundam 00 movie