Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-04, 17:21   Link #81
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
When Kakashi doesn't think he can take someone, he shows it right off. When he thinks he's on even terms, or better, he says that, too.

Guy, Asuma, and Kakashi all got hits in on the guy. He's not untouchable, and while I don't think he's shown his true power, he's not worlds beyond them like Itachi and Orochimaru are.

I think it's safe to assume he's on the same level as Kakashi. But yeah, there's not a whole lotta info to work with.
What "he shows it right off" are you talking about. Either your talking about the sharingan or the chidori, that still doesn't make sense.

I remember getting a dynamic entry type kick off of Jiraiya but it doesn't mean that he's weak. Don't remember Kakashi ever getting a hit off of Kisame.

Kisame was fighting with only one arm and a sword for god's sake before using the only one single ninjutsu we've seen him do. Wouldn't read too much into Asuma giving a single cut to Kisame's face when the whole time Asuma's opponent has been playing around.

Also keep in mind that underestimating a nin who hasn't show that much of his skills is the exact type of mistake that I'm sure has gotten plenty of shinobi's killed in the nin world.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 17:26   Link #82
Ke0

Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:
Itachi's supposed to be the strongest, because Orochimaru was supposed to be the strongest before Itachi showed up.
Umm nowhere in the manga does it state that Orochimaru was the strongest in the group. I'm pretty sure Itachi isn't the strongest, because if he was.........do you honestly he would take orders? We've seen how he deals with people ordering him around.
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 17:29   Link #83
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
Umm nowhere in the manga does it state that Orochimaru was the strongest in the group. I'm pretty sure Itachi isn't the strongest, because if he was.........do you honestly he would take orders? We've seen how he deals with people ordering him around.
You got that right. I guess the members of Akatsuki tried to keep a lid on their abilities just to keep around the infamous Sennin Orochimaru until they have a better Leaf nin in their ranks which's of course is Itachi.
Old 2004-10-04, 17:37   Link #84
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
What "he shows it right off" are you talking about. Either your talking about the sharingan or the chidori, that still doesn't make sense.

I remember getting a dynamic entry type kick off of Jiraiya but it doesn't mean that he's weak. Don't remember Kakashi ever getting a hit off of Kisame.

Kisame was fighting with only one arm and a sword for god's sake before using the only one single ninjutsu we've seen him do. Wouldn't read too much into Asuma giving a single cut to Kisame's face when the whole time Asuma's opponent has been playing around.

Also keep in mind that underestimating a nin who hasn't show that much of his skills is the exact type of mistake that I'm sure has gotten plenty of shinobi's killed in the nin world.
You're misinterpreting "it". I mean, he shows that he thinks that he can take them. He'll say something. Or think something. Like when he dares Oro to try and take Sasuke and says he'll kill him at the cost of his own life, and then when Oro leaves, thinks to himself, "What the hell was I thinking?"

Asuma got a cut, and Kisame got one. The exchange was brief, but it shows that Kisame underestimated Asuma, and that Asuma underestimated Kisame. Which makes that exchange a draw. Then Guy kicks him without looking at him, and then Kakashi hits him, too. Kakashi hits with the Water Dragon attack he got from Zabuza. It's not any one singular act that defines his level of power, but from what he's shown so far, he's on par with the Jounin of Konoha.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 17:37   Link #85
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Weeee Sasuke is covered by darkness while Naruto soaks in light. I wonder when we will see Sasuke again... or if we will see Sasuke again before he reunite with Naruto. I hope we do but that may not happen.

Last edited by Ori; 2004-10-04 at 17:50.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 17:40   Link #86
bricefabber

That new Akatsuki guy is definitely one of the weirdest looking guys we have seen in Naruto so far. Did anybody notice that his face and body are split right right down the middle. One side is white, and the other side is black with screw-looking things. I thought it was just the way that light hits him but now I'm convinced his face is really split white and black.
Also, I think I remember Itachi saying something about taking orders from somebody and he kind of implied that his boss was stronger than him.
bricefabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 17:41   Link #87
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
maybe he is strongest (im not a itachi fanboy btw) but he still listens to the higher ups because they have a common goal.
but i think he isn't the strongest. there are probably more monsters.

the new akatsuki member looks like the psycho type. with weird vine-no-jutsu and whatnot.
i guess i should get the manga, since it got okay now. hopefully kishimoto will fully get back on track.
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 17:43   Link #88
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
You're misinterpreting "it". I mean, he shows that he thinks that he can take them. He'll say something. Or think something. Like when he dares Oro to try and take Sasuke and says he'll kill him at the cost of his own life, and then when Oro leaves, thinks to himself, "What the hell was I thinking?"

Asuma got a cut, and Kisame got one. The exchange was brief, but it shows that Kisame underestimated Asuma, and that Asuma underestimated Kisame. Which makes that exchange a draw. Then Guy kicks him without looking at him, and then Kakashi hits him, too. Kakashi hits with the Water Dragon attack he got from Zabuza. It's not any one singular act that defines his level of power, but from what he's shown so far, he's on par with the Jounin of Konoha.
Except for the fact that Asuma had to use a chakra based attack against Kisame while Kisame simply used brute strength and the natural ability of his sword being able to "shave." Don't remember Asuma underestimating Kisame's abilities since Asuma's thoughts reflected that he was greatly impressed on Kisame being able to press on upon with some much force through the use of a sword with only Kisame using one arm. Imagine what would of happened if Kisame also used his other arm.

Don't remember Kakashi using the Water Dragon attack against Kisame after Guy attacked Kisame. I remember Kakashi being exhausted by the effects of Itachi' mange sharingan genjutsu.

Just want to say that underestimating Kisame is the type of thing that would get most ninjas killed.
Old 2004-10-04, 17:47   Link #89
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricefabber
That new Akatsuki guy is definitely one of the weirdest looking guys we have seen in Naruto so far. Did anybody notice that his face and body are split right right down the middle. One side is white, and the other side is black with screw-looking things. I thought it was just the way that light hits him but now I'm convinced his face is really split white and black.
Also, I think I remember Itachi saying something about taking orders from somebody and he kind of implied that his boss was stronger than him.
Neji's stronger than Shikamaru. But he takes orders from him.

You have strength in strategy, jutsu, whatever. 1 guy is not going to be able to beat everyone in the world. A guy like Itachi will ride along with the guy with the vision until he gets his own. Remember, Itachi's still just a kid compared to Oro and Jiraiya. He may not know exactly what he wants to do yet, and being free to kill everyone while expanding his powers is a good way for him to coast around.

Just because he's taking orders doesn't mean he doesn't think he could just pimp the guy "above" him.
Old 2004-10-04, 17:51   Link #90
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I took a closer look at the raw and saw that the "shocking" announcement is that there will be another movie for Naruto in the summer of 2005.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 17:54   Link #91
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Neji's stronger than Shikamaru. But he takes orders from him.

You have strength in strategy, jutsu, whatever. 1 guy is not going to be able to beat everyone in the world. A guy like Itachi will ride along with the guy with the vision until he gets his own. Remember, Itachi's still just a kid compared to Oro and Jiraiya. He may not know exactly what he wants to do yet, and being free to kill everyone while expanding his powers is a good way for him to coast around.

Just because he's taking orders doesn't mean he doesn't think he could just pimp the guy "above" him.
Uh, you do know that Itachi is the type of guy who simply wants to increase his strength and abilities. Hell, the very reason he wiped out his clan was so that he wouldn't be held back with responsibilites and so forth, along with wanting to prove his strength. The only real practical reason for Itachi to join a group of s class criminal nin is just to get his chance at proving his strength and improving his abilites by figthing the stronger individuals of Akatsuki which would include the boss.

This type of thinking has been shown in Hunter X Hunter where Hisoka is only apart of Ryodan just so he can get the chance to fight the leader of Ryodan, a simple "innocent" want and need to prove his strength and gain higher abilities.
Old 2004-10-04, 18:04   Link #92
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Uh, you do know that Itachi is the type of guy who simply wants to increase his strength and abilities. Hell, the very reason he wiped out his clan was so that he wouldn't be held back with responsibilites and so forth, along with wanting to prove his strength. The only real practical reason for Itachi to join a group of s class criminal nin is just to get his chance at proving his strength and improving his abilites by figthing the stronger individuals of Akatsuki which would include the boss.

This type of thinking has been shown in Hunter X Hunter where Hisoka is only apart of Ryodan just so he can get the chance to fight the leader of Ryodan, a simple "innocent" want and need to prove his strength and gain higher abilities.
But Itachi doesn't necessarily have to up his skills by fighting the Akatsuki members. I mean, Kisami is clearly deferring to him, and Itachi's obviously ordering him around.

What if the guy wants to gain the powers of the demons. Views the Akatsuki as progressing him towards the end goal, and so he rides along. It's all still in the dark. Just like Kabuto's intentions.

As far as the Kisame v. Kakashi thing, the Water Dragon is Kakashi's entrance attack, it's not after he's whupped by Itachi.
Old 2004-10-04, 18:09   Link #93
Ke0

Send a message via AIM to Ke0
Quote:

Bingo! Exactly
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 18:14   Link #94
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
But Itachi doesn't necessarily have to up his skills by fighting the Akatsuki members. I mean, Kisami is clearly deferring to him, and Itachi's obviously ordering him around.

What if the guy wants to gain the powers of the demons. Views the Akatsuki as progressing him towards the end goal, and so he rides along. It's all still in the dark. Just like Kabuto's intentions.

As far as the Kisame v. Kakashi thing, the Water Dragon is Kakashi's entrance attack, it's not after he's whupped by Itachi.
Except for the fact that Itachi has never hinted that he wanted the Kyubi for himself, just that he was ordered to capture naruto because of the Kyubi being inside of Naruto. The overall idea of Itachi wanting to move on to a higer stance in his abilities would probably include him wanting to improve upon himself instead taking short cuts.

Uh, the water based offensive technique that Kakashi used was not the water dragoon move, it was the same move that Kisame used which is Water Element · Water Shark Blast Skill
[Suiton · Suikoudan no Jutsu]
not the
Water Element · Water Dragon Blast Skill
[Suiton · Suiryuudan no Jutsu]

I also though you were going in chronological order with your incorrect view of what happen during this part of the manga. Also keep in mind that Kakashi didn't in anyway harm Kisame with any water based or any other element or kinjutsu move whatsoever.

I suggest you either go back into the anime or manga to realize how wrong your post is about which jutsu Kakashi used before he had his assed handed to him by Itachi.
Old 2004-10-04, 18:29   Link #95
Mezu
The Guardian

If you dont remember that well, Itachi told Kisame not to overdue it. He stated that Kisame's moves cause to much attention. So if his water dragon attack didn't cause to much attention then imagine his higher lvl jutsus. Remember that Kisame is one of the 7 missing-nin-gatana of the water country. A "mere copy ninja" can't copy all of the hidden/insane jutsu's of a country. So kakashi having no problem in a fight against kisame is complete bullshit and lack of any knowledge... and you should definetely go read the manga again...
Mezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 18:44   Link #96
CyberPunk

i just read the chapter...yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. i can't wait to see what happens next.

also, i find it pretty fucking funny that some of you guys would easily hand shino the win over kankuro, but then question sasuke's win over naruto in the last chapter. i'm glad biases don't cloud your judgement.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 18:44   Link #97
lotus_lee

Yay, a new Akatsuki guy. I wonder if there's a female member as well?
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 18:47   Link #98
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I don't think there is a big boss in the Akatsuki in the first place, it wasn't hinted in the manga.
I think they take collectivally the decisions because of their common goal.

As for someone stronger than Itachi/Oro in the Akatsuki, I don't really think so.
After all Oro precisely left this group because of the strength of Itachi, if there was someone really stronger than them he would have left before.

About the arrival of this new ennemy which is most than probably more on the level of Kisame than Itachi (it's time for Kakashi to shine again ^^), remember than the Akatsuki members are supposed to travel by two, so where si the 2nd one?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-04, 18:54   Link #99
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
I don't think there is a big boss in the Akatsuki in the first place, it wasn't hinted in the manga.
I think they take collectivally the decisions because of their common goal.

As for someone stronger than Itachi/Oro in the Akatsuki, I don't really think so.
After all Oro precisely left this group because of the strength of Itachi, if there was someone really stronger than them he would have left before.

About the arrival of this new ennemy which is most than probably more on the level of Kisame than Itachi (it's time for Kakashi to shine again ^^), remember than the Akatsuki members are supposed to travel by two, so where si the 2nd one?
I also only made an opinion about their being a boss(es) of Akatsuki since Itachi did say he was ordered by the upper echelons of Akatsuki to capture Naruto. Hence, there being someone on a higher chain of command.

I remember somebody bringing how when Orochimaru mentioned that even Itachi was stronger than him and look at a severed hand with an akatsuki ring on it hinting that Orochimaru tried to take Itachi's body but instead was defeated while in a prior body.

Also, there's the chance that other members of Akatsuki didn't exactly wan't to intimidate Orochimaru and thus risk scaring away to a valuable source of jutsus and other information until they were able to get a better leaf nin in their ranks being that of Itachi.
Old 2004-10-04, 18:56   Link #100
wb_hicks

this new arc is going to be something. i wonder if naruto going to have time to lvl up again. even tho the level he reach fighting sasuke shouldnt make him a push over to anyone but still naruto is wanted by guys that are out of his league
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote