AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-09-19, 00:15   Link #1761
Lost Cause

Rolo was trying to cling to his new found happiness. Still though it was no reason to kill Shirley, even though her mentioning Nunally did put him over the edge!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 00:22   Link #1762
GundamFan0083

I concur.

Rolo did have a few screws loose when it came to Nunnally.
I mean, he even "left her behind" to "perish" in the FLEIJA.
It was clear that he wanted Lelouch all to himself.
Old 2010-09-19, 00:47   Link #1763
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I concur.

Rolo did have a few screws loose when it came to Nunnally.
I mean, he even "left her behind" to "perish" in the FLEIJA.
It was clear that he wanted Lelouch all to himself.
That, and his inner ("I will kill her...") dialogue.

Rolo killed Shirley because of the Nunnally thing. Note how Rolo was actually listening before that. He used the gun thing as an attempted coverup when speaking to Lelouch. Besides, he definitely didn't even know about the whole thing with Shirley's dad.

Even worse, aside from lying about the motive, he made it look like a suicide. I feel the worst for her mom.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 00:49   Link #1764
Nobodyman9
Banned

The real reason Rolo killed Shirley is......because the writers made him.

...Fine, if you want a real answer, yes, it was because she mentioned Nunnally.

Do I hate Rolo? Well, I'd love to, but I don't because, as Hsadman said, it's pretty dumb to hate a ficitonal character. Instead, I can hate the real-life writers for killing off Shirley

@GundamFan0083: Well, not to mention Rolo was planning on killing Nunnally himself.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 01:19   Link #1765
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Thats right!

I hate real people! With real feelings!

...That didn't come out right.

Anyway, like several people said, Shirley did have a gun, but I believe its highly unlikely that Rolo would of killed her (He might of used his Geass to disarm her) if she didn't mention Nunally. But she mentioned Nunally, which threatened Rolo's security, and thus he killed her.

My fault, Rolo didn't kill her, those damn writers did.

- Lashloseus
Hsadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 12:16   Link #1766
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Do I hate Rolo? Well, I'd love to, but I don't because, as Hsadman said, it's pretty dumb to hate a ficitonal character.
Well, there aren't many fictional characters I hate, but it seems I like doing dumb things occasionally. Oh well.

Quote:
Instead, I can hate the real-life writers for killing off Shirley
Does that mean you don't love Shirley, but the writers for creating Shirley? ;P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsadman View Post
Thats right!

I hate real people! With real feelings!
And I love real people with real feelings. Doesn't mean I can't also worhsip a bunch of fictional characters on the side.

I get that it's odd when people absolutely loathe fictional characters, to the point where they bash them and their fans. And I'd say that's where it gets stupid. However, you can "hate" a fictional character without being rabid about it just fine - there's nothing dumb about that, just like there's nothing dumb about adoring a fictional character. I've had to stop watching a pretty interesting Korean drama because I disliked the antagonist so much it just stopped being fun, and he wasn't even all that horrible a person. He just made me RAGE every five minutes. I don't hate the writers for creating him, because he's interesting enough... I just can't stand him. At all. And then there are characters I love to hate. Yay for their creators, I say.

So yeah. You don't have to hate fictional characters if you don't want to, but let me have my fun. xD

Rolo had his reasons. He's not a particularly good person, and neither is he evil incarnate. I like him because he makes me feel sympathy rather than burning rage, even though I also rather liked Shirley. I think the writers are awesome for creating most of the characters they did - heck, I even believe they're awesome for killing off Clovis and the resulting tragic irony, though I'd still glare at them for it.
Old 2010-09-19, 13:20   Link #1767
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post

And I love real people with real feelings. Doesn't mean I can't also worhsip a bunch of fictional characters on the side.

I get that it's odd when people absolutely loathe fictional characters, to the point where they bash them and their fans. And I'd say that's where it gets stupid. However, you can "hate" a fictional character without being rabid about it just fine - there's nothing dumb about that, just like there's nothing dumb about adoring a fictional character. I've had to stop watching a pretty interesting Korean drama because I disliked the antagonist so much it just stopped being fun, and he wasn't even all that horrible a person. He just made me RAGE every five minutes. I don't hate the writers for creating him, because he's interesting enough... I just can't stand him. At all. And then there are characters I love to hate. Yay for their creators, I say.

So yeah. You don't have to hate fictional characters if you don't want to, but let me have my fun. xD

Rolo had his reasons. He's not a particularly good person, and neither is he evil incarnate. I like him because he makes me feel sympathy rather than burning rage, even though I also rather liked Shirley. I think the writers are awesome for creating most of the characters they did - heck, I even believe they're awesome for killing off Clovis and the resulting tragic irony, though I'd still glare at them for it.
I'm not saying it is utter stupidity to hate a fictional character. I myself can understand clearly why one would do so. Just that its, like I said before, a waste of time and effort. (In my opinion of course)

I don't hate fictional characters, but I can easily love one. (Cough cough *The person this topic is about* Cough cough) More love less hate

The one exception being Itou Makato, I won't bash him, but I'm not going to address an issue when it starts

- Lashloseus
Old 2010-10-11, 08:06   Link #1768
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Here's another topic I feel I have to bring up. I'm sure its already been discussed but its really annoying me so I'm doing it anyway :P

It's when they deem Shirley's death a suicide.

There was DNA evidence on the gun (Which Rolo touched at some point), and footprints on the blood (From when the blood was leaking out of Shirley, and unto Lelouch's shoes) Along with the strange positioning of the gun shot.

Not to mention this is in the future, now as I recall, futuristic technology is supposed to be...I don't know....better. Feels like a downgrade to me rather then a upgrade.

I think that now I side with those who say that Shirley's death was just a very convenient plot twist, and that she wasn't doomed from the start at all. Simply because the amount of actual thought and explanation behind her death is rather hastened, if not non-existent.

- Lashloseus
Old 2010-10-11, 09:10   Link #1769
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsadman View Post
Here's another topic I feel I have to bring up. I'm sure its already been discussed but its really annoying me so I'm doing it anyway :P

It's when they deem Shirley's death a suicide.

There was DNA evidence on the gun (Which Rolo touched at some point), and footprints on the blood (From when the blood was leaking out of Shirley, and unto Lelouch's shoes) Along with the strange positioning of the gun shot.

Not to mention this is in the future, now as I recall, futuristic technology is supposed to be...I don't know....better. Feels like a downgrade to me rather then a upgrade.

I think that now I side with those who say that Shirley's death was just a very convenient plot twist, and that she wasn't doomed from the start at all. Simply because the amount of actual thought and explanation behind her death is rather hastened, if not non-existent.
He is an expert assassin it would be an epic fail on his part if he left his DNA on the gun and besides even if R2 wasn't doomed from the time slot change I doubt they would have took their time to investigate/explain that it wasn't a suicide anyways and kept it the same cause CG isn't CSI here.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 12:17   Link #1770
C.2

If Lelouch had never used the Geass on Shirley in r1, would the live on in r2 save Shirleys life?
C.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 12:24   Link #1771
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.2 View Post
If Lelouch had never used the Geass on Shirley in r1, would the live on in r2 save Shirleys life?
in episode 12 Jeremiah used his geass canceler and it canceled the effects that were placed on Shirley by Lelouch and Charles. Even so no it wouldn't of saved her since after he ordered not to die her heart raced when her mind tried to obey the command thus creating even more blood loss. If I'm wrong on that someone can correct me.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 12:52   Link #1772
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
He is an expert assassin it would be an epic fail on his part if he left his DNA on the gun and besides even if R2 wasn't doomed from the time slot change I doubt they would have took their time to investigate/explain that it wasn't a suicide anyways and kept it the same cause CG isn't CSI here.
Just because Code Geass isn't focused on CSI and forensics doesn't mean they don't exist. I will grant you though that Rolo may have cleaned the gun for fingerprints.

But to answer your question Hsadman, I agree that them ruling Shirley's death a suicide makes little sense and her death was indeed hastened. Why would a girl who was living a very happy life with no signs of depression suddenly commit suicide? Why would she shoot herself in the stomach like that? Why would she kill herself after running into a mall that was supposed to be evacuated? Apparently no one cares, so they just ruled her death as a suicide so everyone could just move on with their lives.
Old 2010-10-11, 14:38   Link #1773
Kittenlady

I'm fairly sure it was just a lazy cover-up as far as Britannia's concerned. If the higher ups tell the police it's a suicide, then it's a suicide.
Kittenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 14:41   Link #1774
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittenlady View Post
I'm fairly sure it was just a lazy cover-up as far as Britannia's concerned. If the higher ups tell the police it's a suicide, then it's a suicide.
Yeah, but who would want to cover it up?
Old 2010-10-11, 14:50   Link #1775
azul120

Does anyone think Lelouch not showing up at Shirley's funeral to keep up appearances, with Suzaku, at the very least, was an idiotic move? Or would Suzaku still suspect Lelouch was behind her death?
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 14:58   Link #1776
Kittenlady

Yeah, pretty much. Lelouch doesn't make his best decisions when someone close to him dies :/

Quote:
Yeah, but who would want to cover it up?
The group in charge of monitoring Lelouch? Which Lelouch had taken over by then... now that's an interesting thought. It's not surprising though, a murder investigation would have been pretty troublesome.
Old 2010-10-11, 15:57   Link #1777
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Does anyone think Lelouch not showing up at Shirley's funeral to keep up appearances, with Suzaku, at the very least, was an idiotic move? Or would Suzaku still suspect Lelouch was behind her death?
Well Suzaku would have least expectations that Lelouch would kill her. But as Kittenlady said, Lelouch does make dumb moves when either someone close to him is in reach, or someone close to him dies (like how he always goes after Nunnally no matter what)
Old 2010-10-11, 22:28   Link #1778
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Well, I guess him not showing up at her funeral was due to him not being able to bear it. He probably wasn't thinking about keeping up appearances with Suzaku.

At any rate, I think Suzaku was so suspicious of Lelouch at that point that he probably would've blamed him if the stove was left on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittenlady View Post
The group in charge of monitoring Lelouch? Which Lelouch had taken over by then... now that's an interesting thought. It's not surprising though, a murder investigation would have been pretty troublesome.
I guess that makes sense, but the main problem with that is if Lelouch was the one that made them do it, it makes him look pretty sadistic.
Old 2010-10-12, 05:53   Link #1779
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
Alright, fair enough.

But as Nobodyman said, it doesn't take the CSI to put 2 and 2 together. If not completely unravel the mystery, at least decide a more reasonable and sensible verdict.

- Lashloseus
Old 2010-10-12, 10:55   Link #1780
Kittenlady

Quote:
I guess that makes sense, but the main problem with that is if Lelouch was the one that made them do it, it makes him look pretty sadistic.
Not sadistic, just pragmatic. Shirley was already dead, there was nothing anyone could do about that, and the police would never be able to find the killer anyway. As far as Lelouch was concerned, the only possible way to make it a tiny bit better was revenge.

Besides, I can't imagine letting her mother and friends know it was murder would actually help. Not saying suicide's any better, but at least that way it's over and done with, rather than a long stressful murder investigation.