AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-20, 12:08   Link #141
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
I know of your twintail obsession, but personally I prefer Zakuro with her hair down. Not that she normally looks bad, but for instance, the part where she's in bed, there she looks even better than usual.
i have to agree about the hair down look

when Amegaki was trying to help Zakuro by doing the "Bravo Bravo" dance, i nearly spit out the food... this show continues to be funny and nice at the same time

maybe next eps we will see the real shape of elephant-san
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 17:07   Link #142
Dop
Mmmm....

Great episode. Agemaki seems to be acclimatising quite well to his new role, although the bit where he broke into song had me in stitches.
I hope we'll find out more about Zakuro's past, as I think there's definitely a story to be told there. It was rather sweet when Zakuro thanked Agemaki for the orange after his kind words about her mother.

Looks like the Big Plot is starting to appear...
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 17:54   Link #143
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah, Haruka Tomatsu and Minako Kotobuki.
Darn it I had my money on Tomatsu and Ayahi Takagaki since I figured they might try and get all sphere girls in there lol

Guess I need more training.

This was the make or break episode for me,if it didn't deliver,I was going to drop it but seeing the main story start and the Zakuro/Agemaki pairing being so entertaining,I'm gonna stick with this.
Old 2010-10-20, 17:57   Link #144
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Darn it I had my money on Tomatsu and Ayahi Takagaki since I figured they might try and get all sphere girls in there lol.
Takagaki might get a role sooner or later. With all the cases that Team Zakuro is going to take up, she's bound to voice at least an incidental character. Or maybe one of those people in the credits who we don't know the name of.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 18:13   Link #145
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Watched episode 3 which i thought was very nice this series is most definetly being over looked by a lot of anime community. Im liking quite a bit and i think it because of the characters but also the artwork especially the way Zakuro is drawn i love her eyes, hair and all her mannerisms. I tell you when she blushes my screen seems to shine. The development between her and Amegaki is proceeding a good pace not too fast yet not too slow. I like how Amegaki actually shows interest in spirits as he gets over his fear and more directly is considerate of Zakuro's past. I thought how they explained how a half spirit was born was very interesting it invoked a pretty big emotional response from me more than i was anticipating. It looks like we are getting to the main plot soon or at least hints were given.

Im hoping to see more development with Susukihotaru and Riken they are quite a interesting pair. Looks like we might get a little in episode 4
Old 2010-10-20, 18:34   Link #146
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, the preview for ep 4 gives me some anticipation of getting a Susukihotaru/Riken fix. Won't be much dialog though if it is them .... "meaningful silences" and "few words have great weight" is the playbook for them.
Old 2010-10-20, 19:04   Link #147
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Out of curiosity, has anyone heard whether this shows is supposed to be one cour or two? My usual sources don't state the end date or episode count.

I took a look at a scanlation of the first manga chapter, and I have to say I like the way the anime paced things - there's more buildup to some scenes in the anime. Although they did cut one rather amusing line about Zakuro's hobbies from the introductions scene.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 21:41   Link #148
Wrath88
Kissing...

Latest episode just ended with them getting along a little better? I thought there would be like some fallout because they failed to save the girls (technically)
Old 2010-10-20, 23:30   Link #149
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Latest episode just ended with them getting along a little better? I thought there would be like some fallout because they failed to save the girls (technically)
The inherent downside to cramming a chapter or two (or many story elements into one short episode. There was also no examination of the problem that Zakuro has both NOT learned anything that would help her resolve her mother's disappearance and the new possibility that her mother was taken by one of these type of monsters.
Old 2010-10-21, 13:58   Link #150
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

phone post

Quote:
I know of your twintail obsession, but personally I prefer Zakuro with her hair down. Not that she normally looks bad, but for instance, the part where she's in bed, there she looks even better than usual.
Heh. I should probably count how many Twintail anime makes me happy this season, but for some reason I find Zakuro a somewhat new view-...

Wait a minute... is it just me, or is it odd I find it very funny that you mention the bed scene, and not the one where she wakes up and walks over to the cave with her hair down, or for that matter, a hair-down, blade weilding Zakuro.

I know. You like a sleeping Zakuro!

/me runs

Quote:
Susukihotaru is the girl and Riken is the guy. Strangely, despite her having one of the longest first name I've recently see in anime, it's Riken's name that I have to look up...maybe it's because her name is mentioned in the episode. Yeah, as a main couple Agemaki and Zakuro is great, but I actually like all three of the relationships, they fit well with each others partners. I'm looking forward to Riken/Susukihotaru (seriously, girl needs a nickname) developments as well, thankfully it seems from the preview that we'll get our wish next episode.
You know, this couple (Riken & Susu) remind me very much about last season's Ookami-san, remember Jizou (sp?) and the tall baseball player guy. I probably don't have to mention JC Staff, but it's something to think about.

That, and I too am looking forward to more Riken X Susu, but probably more so Gen x Twins. I wonder if those two girls will get more screen time, their switch trick in ep 02 was funny.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 15:26   Link #151
Joojoobees

I do not support shortening Susukihotaru-san's name. I'm putting my chibified foot down on this one. First Susukihotaru is a lovely name. Second the length of the name adds an air of archaic-ness (old-fashionedy-ness?) to it, that fits well with the show and character, as the clash between Japanese traditions and Modernity (e.g. Westernization) is such a prominent theme.
Old 2010-10-21, 15:59   Link #152
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Heh. I should probably count how many Twintail anime makes me happy this season, but for some reason I find Zakuro a somewhat new view-...

Wait a minute... is it just me, or is it odd I find it very funny that you mention the bed scene, and not the one where she wakes up and walks over to the cave with her hair down, or for that matter, a hair-down, blade weilding Zakuro.

I know. You like a sleeping Zakuro!

/me runs
Well, I'm not saying that a blade-wielding Zakuro is bad, but perhaps there's a reason why Zakuro in bed sticks to my memory better...I have a suspicion that it involves less of Zakuro sleeping and more of her being in bed though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
I do not support shortening Susukihotaru-san's name. I'm putting my chibified foot down on this one. First Susukihotaru is a lovely name. Second the length of the name adds an air of archaic-ness (old-fashionedy-ness?) to it, that fits well with the show and character, as the clash between Japanese traditions and Modernity (e.g. Westernization) is such a prominent theme.
Hmm, yeah, I see your point, to be honest I didn't see it quite that way before. Okay then, despite the 6 syllables 12 letter name, I'll continue to call her Susukihotaru, it's not that hard to remember or pronounce anyway (the fact that every consonant is followed by a vowel helps) and since we don't know her full name, I can think of it as her full name (seriously, first time I heard that name, I thought it was her full name)...
Old 2010-10-21, 19:10   Link #153
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
i have to agree about the hair down look
when Amegaki was trying to help Zakuro by doing the "Bravo Bravo" dance, i nearly spit out the food... this show continues to be funny and nice at the same time
Same here : best moment
Nice episode, the characters development is nice to follow indeed.
Old 2010-10-22, 00:31   Link #154
mangatron

phone post

Quote:
Well, I'm not saying that a blade-wielding Zakuro is bad, but perhaps there's a reason why Zakuro in bed sticks to my memory better...I have a suspicion that it involves less of Zakuro sleeping and more of her being in bed though
Well, if you ask me, it is probably mankind's natural reaction to remember seeing a girl in bed than remember seeing a girl wielding a blade

Quote:
Hmm, yeah, I see your point, to be honest I didn't see it quite that way before. Okay then, despite the 6 syllables 12 letter name, I'll continue to call her Susukihotaru, it's not that hard to remember or pronounce anyway (the fact that every consonant is followed by a vowel helps) and since we don't know her full name, I can think of it as her full name (seriously, first time I heard that name, I thought it was her full name)...
I've been trying to remember, and so far, my memory comes up blank if I heard the name Susukihotaru before. Seems like a nice unique name, which I should probably spell out in full from now on to spread the word

That, and, whenever I type "Susu", I think of Suzu Hagimura from Seitokai Yakuindomo, which I'd like to keep for her only
Old 2010-10-22, 08:01   Link #155
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Well, if you ask me, it is probably mankind's natural reaction to remember seeing a girl in bed than remember seeing a girl wielding a blade

I've been trying to remember, and so far, my memory comes up blank if I heard the name Susukihotaru before. Seems like a nice unique name, which I should probably spell out in full from now on to spread the word

That, and, whenever I type "Susu", I think of Suzu Hagimura from Seitokai Yakuindomo, which I'd like to keep for her only

Susukihotaru is a name much like "Mary Ellen" or "Tina Louise" or "Barbara Ann" and many other monikers one sees in the US. The only difference is there's no space written between the syllable group because they're pronounced "Maryellen", etc.
Old 2010-10-22, 08:38   Link #156
mangatron

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Susukihotaru is a name much like "Mary Ellen" or "Tina Louise" or "Barbara Ann" and many other monikers one sees in the US. The only difference is there's no space written between the syllable group because they're pronounced "Maryellen", etc.
...Or John-Paul, or Mary-Jane, etc...

But I was actually referring to its similar use in anime, which rarely, if ever happened prior to this season. Although I missed a good 2-3 years of anime in recent times, maybe it's just me.

Probably the only one I can remember is that guy in Girl's High, let's see if I got this right, "Shimototakatani-kun" but as we all know, it's... a guy. I'm more... well memoired for girls
Old 2010-10-23, 01:27   Link #157
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Heh, the only issue I have with those names is trying to call them out as the tiger leaps upon Shimototaka.... aw, darn, too late.
Old 2010-10-24, 07:51   Link #158
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I guess this would be my shoujo guilty pleasure for the season

I'll be expecting big things from Ganryuu... Hey, he's the one with the twins after all
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 17:54   Link #159
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Got some free time, so decided to make some Zakuro icons.

Free icons to any who want. :3

1. 2. 3.
4. 5. 6.
7. 8. 9.
10. 11.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 01:02   Link #160
mangatron

Ah, Ganryuu. I knew I misspelled his name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Heh, the only issue I have with those names is trying to call them out as the tiger leaps upon Shimototaka.... aw, darn, too late.
One thing's for sure, those names will take quite a chunk out of the character limit for a SMS

But lol, warning Shimototakatani-kun is really going to be too late, one would just hope he can rely on his human instinct to react to danger when warned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
There's something about this picture that... creeps me out? I mean, that smile with the stuff on her face.... is she the "innocent" maiden that I know and love?

Tags
fantasy, seinen