AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-27, 17:48   Link #221
Midonin
Last Engage

The singles are an ouroboros. The B-side of "kizunairo" is "I miss you" and the B-side of "I miss you" is..."kizunairo". Each sung by the respective singers of the OP/ED respectively, and both songs are good (I can appreciate a rock arrangement of pretty much anything), but it is curious to note.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 18:10   Link #222
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
The singles are an ouroboros. The B-side of "kizunairo" is "I miss you" and the B-side of "I miss you" is..."kizunairo". Each sung by the respective singers of the OP/ED respectively, and both songs are good (I can appreciate a rock arrangement of pretty much anything), but it is curious to note.
Heh -- interesting given that the album covers are also "flip sides" of each other; one shows Erika as she normally appears, and the other shows Erika as a vampire. Looks like they thought this through pretty well.
Old 2010-10-28, 00:43   Link #223
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
I'm too sleepy for my brain to remember other examples, only thing that come to mind is in Index where the whole Necessarius church seems to be the good guys, although they're not always nice. At least Kaori and Stiyl, as well as Index (she's more of a nun, but whatever) is definitely good. I do agree that most of the time, the good priests are in the minority fighting a larger number of evil/misguided church though
Also Saint Church of Belka in Nanoha
Old 2010-10-29, 02:42   Link #224
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks

The blue they mixed into Erika's hair on the OP CD cover looks really bleh (I have no idea why they did that ), but otherwise yeah, the CD covers look nice.
Old 2010-10-29, 11:44   Link #225
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Scan from Nyantype:

4084x5975 - 2,5 MB

+ Scan from Megami:

Spoiler for slightly NSFW:
Old 2010-10-29, 13:18   Link #226
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Scan from Nyantype:

4084x5975 - 2,5 MB
If there is one thing to say about Fortune Arterial, it would be the artwork and designs being simply gorgeous. This is quite likely the best looking scan i have seen in a good while, quite the eye-catch. I could spend minutes looking at it (Haruna being my favorite character doesn't really hurt either).
Old 2010-10-29, 13:27   Link #227
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Fortune Arterial 04 - Whether Or Not Vampires Sparkle:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 13:34   Link #228
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Agreed about the character designs and art -- really, really great, especially in posters and standalone artwork (it's a bit simplified in motion, but still looks good).

As for episode 4, just finished watching, but have to run so quickly...

Spoiler for Episode 4:
More later...
Old 2010-10-29, 14:00   Link #229
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep4, and this continues to be a thoroughly enjoyable show. I've read this far in the manga, and this ep gave me similar warm feelings to that.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 14:27   Link #230
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Just finished watching episode 4, and i found it quite enjoyable. What i like about Kohei is that he really earns his keep at the student council, despite his reasons for joining them. Vampire stuff aside, it actually does make sense for him to be a member of the council - he is charismatic, knows how to work hard and how to get things done, and how to get others to do so as well, despite starting at a disadvantage (New guy, having to live up to Iori's reputation, and being the official lecher of the school, courtesy of Erika ). For once, we have a male lead where him attracting the attention of females shouldn't be all that surprising. (And it's not like the girls are lining up - just that it wouldn't be too questionable if they did). He has a good head and charisma going for him, rather than the typical setup of a "clueless but kind" one.

Liked the bit with Shiro at start where she seemed wary of the ancient vampire movie, despite the fact she has two in the room with her, which doesn't trouble her at all Also, props to them for doing something more with Erika's falling on Kouhei scene - while that was predictable the second she set her eyes on the ladder, they managed to spin something more out of the scene than the usual fall-on-top-of-each-other awkwardness. They handled the mood here pretty well, which goes for the episode as a whole. My favorite parts still remain Kouhei's interactions with Haruna and Kanade - they feel quite 'natural' to me, if that makes sense - i like how non-forced and well-flowing these interactions feel, something you would expect from friends attending the same school indeed.

So ... yeah. A good episode all around, my only "complaint" would be how obvious the "chosen girl" status is for Erika - i mean, no one has any doubts there, and i don't need a split screen with both of them on several occasions to cement that message (And on the note of Erika ...what's with those "tsun" moments here and there, stood out like a sore and unneeded thumb, even if they don't last ...)

Last edited by Skyfall; 2010-10-29 at 17:44.
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 14:37   Link #231
KariOhki

It's a very pretty show and the OP is probably my favorite this season, but really, you could take out the vampire stuff and have nearly the same story. Sure Goldy and Aion are hinting at something greater that probably involves Erika, but meh. I'd like some plot soon.
Meidoshow: Maidklutz, Meirdio, Morooka, Seiba, Glassesmeido
KariOhki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 15:56   Link #232
Seihai
スマイリウム

Great episode. Graphics go very smooth and clean, just fine. Music kinda adds to the calm and heartwarming atmosphere. It's like - yeah, an excellent piece of slice of life.
The vampire stuff isn't my major concern so I see that as a good addition.
The girls are just too... cute.
And for all I know, I really hope the "chosen girl" isn't as obvious as it may seem. I don't mind Erika at all, in fact, I think all girls are likable to me.
The OP isn't too special but it doesn't need to be. I like the ED animation and song a lot.
That last scene made me giggle.
Old 2010-10-29, 17:41   Link #233
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Good to see they didn't make Kohei being the "idol" there in a corny way (as frankly, the way they made Erika's speech in Episode 1 was overdone so ).
I must say it built his character in the right way, although they certainly pushed him to the point one would wonder when the burnout triggers on him.

Other good news is, as already mentioned, the design and animation were kept on a very good average, and being the fourth episode of a 1 cour series, it is definitely above the usual quality drop you should expect for this kind of series.

In overal, this episode is probably the best paced right now, and as Sky already mentioned, the discussions went much smoother and more natural (unlike the clunky Episode 3), although they seem to shove Erika a bit too much on the viewers whereas she really doesn't need that.
I mean... Erika, pulling typical tsun soft liners 3 times? Really?
Not so much for imouto vibes from Shiro in this episode, but appropriate fluff.
Meanwhile... why on earth did they make Kiriha showing up? Not like I'm going to complain, but I wish the scripters were as subtle as some elements of characters backgrounds were(gamers know what I'm talking about), for the characters' screentime, because it is too flat on our face
Old 2010-10-29, 22:20   Link #234
Silverwyrm

Hmm, in some shows this may not have worked for me but here it did. In my opinion its probably because I feel that since he realized in the last ep that he was here to stay (and not simply walk away and forget as his other schools) he has become very enthusiastic about it.

The vampires are still a little weird to me, but its obvious that something is planned and it isn't a bunch of random acts by Iori.

Love the character art, was nice to see Shiori get a bit of time, felt bad for when she wants to help and her brother simply says "get everyone tea". I'm sure she's capable of more than making tea XD

On an unrelated note back in ep3, when that sister (forgot names sorry) was showing him the "cute" duck thing and the other walked in they quickly hid it and covered up with that weird song. I honestly fail to understand what that was about, is it something that comes u later or did I miss something?
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 00:42   Link #235
larethian

It is an almost given that they would go for the True End route so the "chosen girl" isn't that unexpected. The 'tsun' from Erika was indeed a little uncalled for.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 05:45   Link #236
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Just finished episode 3, and I was kinda like lol wut? They play a game of Life (Yay I like Life), and then DUN DUN DUN (Now I hate the game). Well shit sucks now and Kohei must give up his treasured memories of people that he spent all that time with. Wait what? He just came here not too long ago. It's a bit hard to take this sentimental scene seriously when I'm like "wait why does everyone care about each other so much?" I know what they're getting at (Some things are just too valuable to let go, and some risks are worth taking) but it just didn't build up enough credibility with me.

So far, I'm not too impressed but the adorable characters make me want to keep going. Hopefully they'll have good stuff by the end.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 08:46   Link #237
Zexas

Ep 4

No complaint at all This is what I'm asking for

Calming music, smooth scene transition, perfect pacing, and lovely character interaction and design . And best of all how they identified kouhei character really well. What makes the game stand out than the rest for me is the protagonist. Seriously he's like breath of fresh air. Charismatic - neither dense nor an idiot and most important of all he got guts in him.

I'll admit that they keep going better for each episode however at the same time I kind of wary wether they could keep this up.... The first 3 episode just didn't click with me and I almost rage with it. I guess it's kind of traumatize me
Old 2010-10-30, 10:09   Link #238
Wrath88
Kissing...

I quite liked this episode... Kouhei, you showed the reason why you should have a harem rather than all those lame harem leads out there.
Old 2010-10-30, 13:10   Link #239
sikvod00

^ LOL at the implication of someone "deserving" a harem.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 04:17   Link #240
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Nice bit of foreshadowing about Kiriha there with the old photos....

Tags
comedy, drama, eroge, romance, school life, seinen, vampire