AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-10-30, 00:32   Link #2421
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
It's possible that Chihiro do not love Keima (yet) through. Maybe just like others said, she know that Ayumi in love with him, and can't stand her best friend "being cheated on"
Never really thought about that possibility...My mind was wrapped up with the possibility that Chihiro had already fallen in love with Keima and was supposed to be angry with him because she felt jealous...Maybe she already done that but didn't accepted it yet. So perhaps, 'being angry because of her friend' is one of her process to realize her feelings ? You know, the plot in most shoujo genre that when your best friend actually liked the same people as you.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 00:48   Link #2422
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Keima's been on the wrong path before. While he always gets things worked out by the end, being misled and struggling to reach the truth is a pretty common theme for this series. So while it could still easily be Ayumi and Chihiro it's far from confirmed.
Keima = House

Once you realize that, the series makes a lot more sense... ^_^
Old 2010-10-30, 01:00   Link #2423
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Never really thought about that possibility...My mind was wrapped up with the possibility that Chihiro had already fallen in love with Keima and was supposed to be angry with him because she felt jealous...Maybe she already done that but didn't accepted it yet. So perhaps, 'being angry because of her friend' is one of her process to realize her feelings ? You know, the plot in most shoujo genre that when your best friend actually liked the same people as you.
Yeah that's exactly what i mean. The archetype of girl who try to root for her best friend when can't keep herself secretly hold affection against him... That way she can still within Keima's capture range even when she does not have any memory of him (a Goddess).

But yeah the plot go wild earlier than i expect. I thought something like this would happen in Valentine... but it seems Kanon quaked up the harmony balance... Recent chapters are clearly the best
Old 2010-10-30, 03:25   Link #2424
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Although Chihiro just cheering Ayumi is a theory I haven't considered before but I think Chihiro's attitude when Keima(Yui) first joined the band showed that she likes him. We could tell that she was happy more than just having a new drummer.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 06:47   Link #2425
MartianMage

Spoiler for 120:
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 07:06   Link #2426
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
Spoiler for 120:
I've read the spoilers and it certainly adds a new element to the search and how Chihiro and Ayumi responded.

Spoiler:

Truth is I found chapter 107 to be particularly interest as I spotted some evidences to a goddess. I don't know if someone mentioned this already but they way Ayumi changed her mind in the middle and decided to teach Keima how to run is eerily familiar to how a goddess would suddenly change personalities.

Last edited by omimon; 2010-10-30 at 07:20.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 07:17   Link #2427
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Chapter 120 already? And i just read ch 119 this morning...

Oh well... not like i'm gonna complaint, in fact i will trade my blood for more... ^_^
Old 2010-10-30, 08:12   Link #2428
mtarzaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Truth is I found chapter 107 to be particularly interest as I spotted some evidences to a goddess. I don't know if someone mentioned this already but they way Ayumi changed her mind in the middle and decided to teach Keima how to run is eerily familiar to how a goddess would suddenly change personalities.
Plus the fact that a goddess gives super-human powers.
The human missile comes certainly from this (Hermes, god of speed).

...or maybe the author is still playing with us. :3

For example, why a girl could have only one runaway spirit inside her?
And why a runaway spirit, wanting to be reborn in the girl's child, would risk to be discovered.
Logically, he would do whatever he can to keep low profile.
Instead, they appear in broad daylight, turning girls gigantic or invisible.

My guess.
As there are goddesses, there are demon lords.
Really true poweful demons, smart enough to stay discrete, using weaker runaway spirits as decoy.
Once the girl has been captured, New Hell lets her alone.
So the demon lord forces his enslaved runaway spirit to stand out, and get captured.
Then, he's free to wait for his reincarnation. Or to pursue a bigger plan...

So Ayumi, as all other girls, might have a goddess or a demon lord inside her.
Ruling girls out just because they don't have goddesses doesn't mean they won't have a major role later, for example as major antagonist.

And since multiple love triangles are the best for generating evil feelings, things will surely go even wilder if my guess turns true.

I bet Keima will end up with as much as goddesses (6) and demon queens (6) on his side.
Plus the New hell girls (2, Nora is the older sister of Vintage's girl, so she's a potential traitor).
Plus the normal human girls.

Negi (Negima) would be proud.
mtarzaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 08:33   Link #2429
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

So i read through your points, mtarzaim....

...and you suspected my Ayumi have a demon lord inside her?

Booooo!!

PS: should we tag "God" into this thread as well
Old 2010-10-30, 09:03   Link #2430
MartianMage

So I was re-reading some chapters and I just noticed a possible hint for goddess hosts. Here lemme show you:

That one is on chapter 54 page 14. Of course that is waaay before Kanon was introduced as Apollo's host.

Now if you're observing Diana and Apollo carefully you'd notice the "effects" when they manifest. Here:
Apollo

and Diana

Don't have my scans with me so I can't sift through them for more hints and my net's kinda slow so this is the only one I've spotted atm.

edit: sifted through chapters 72 onwards and I only saw the effects on Yui.

Last edited by MartianMage; 2010-10-30 at 09:43.
Old 2010-10-30, 10:07   Link #2431
AlaAlba

Spoiler for 120:

@kuroi sabato; nice guess but I think that's only a kind of expression which are similar only. Besides the sfx are different. the first one is "paaa", while the goddess sfx are both "Kiii".

rather, the clearer hint of who the goddess who will be is their age and their location . Kanon and Tenri are the same age.
the kids who were around that camp near the cave Weiss got escaped were all also Keima and Tenri's classmates and they are the same age as Tenri. it's possible all the goddesses got inside the little girls that time.

moreover
Spoiler:

Last edited by AlaAlba; 2010-10-30 at 11:30.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 11:07   Link #2432
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I wish Sumire had a goddess within her. She was one of the girls I really was enamored with, too. Were the spoilers correct, that would be practically only five girls left.

I mean, I'm sure as hell that it's not going to be Rieko, and it won't be Akari, too, seeing that she's some sort of demon princess. That leaves us with Hinoki, Nanaka, Sumire, Ayumi (very high possibility), Chihiro (ok), Yui (didn't show any residual effects with regard to Keima, however, and didn't understand the fact that Chihiro and Ayumi fell for Keima), Tsukiyo, and Shiori.

I have this feeling that between Ayumi and Chihiro there's really only one goddess, so that there'd be three more to figure out. I'm hoping one of them would be Sumire, but I have reason to believe that Hinoki is going to be one of the girls with a goddess. She had some residual memory within her that led her to kiss Keima very passionately after the spirit was released, so ...

The rest is a cointoss, but if the goddesses are attracted to people who are like them, it would most probably be:

Mars: Hinoki/Haibara/Sumire
Mercury: Ayumi (I mean, seriously)
Minerva: Shiori
Vulcan: Hinoki/Haibara/Sumire

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
Spoiler for 120:

@kuroi sabato; nice guess but I think that's only a kind of expression which are similar only. Besides the sfx are different. the first one is "paaa", while the goddess sfx are both "Kiii".

rather, the clearer hint of who the goddess who will be is their age and their location . Kanon and Tenri are the same age.
the kids who were around that camp near the cave Weiss got escaped were all also Keima and Tenri's classmates and they are the same age as Tenri. it's possible all the goddesses got inside the little girls that time.

moreover
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by physics223; 2010-10-30 at 11:24.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 11:55   Link #2433
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Spoiler:
well, the size of the triangle is actually the same from the spoiler, we still dont know how the real list is in the chapter. maybe Keima handwrote it.

I still hoping Kusunoki have a goddess inside her, she's too good to be thrown away. or at least please have Hinoki in Wakaki sensei
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 21:32   Link #2434
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Sabato View Post
So I was re-reading some chapters and I just noticed a possible hint for goddess hosts. Here lemme show you:
Ho~, I'll check that out. It could also be the authors artistic touch for certain effects.

Spoiler for 120 and Goddess Speculation:
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 07:27   Link #2435
NecocYaotl

@AlaAlba : The SD in my sig is the same pic with those from cover in flag 116.
Spoiler:

進撃の巨人
NecocYaotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 07:36   Link #2436
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecocYaotl View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for :

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for :
Old 2010-10-31, 08:00   Link #2437
NecocYaotl

Spoiler:

進撃の巨人
Old 2010-10-31, 08:13   Link #2438
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for speculation:
Old 2010-10-31, 08:47   Link #2439
NecocYaotl

Spoiler:

進撃の巨人
Old 2010-10-31, 10:00   Link #2440
MartianMage

I think he ruled out Kusonoki simply because of what happened in Hinoki's arc. I mean seriously if Kusonoki has a goddess in her the progression of Hinoki's arc would be a lot different.

And before someone calls spoiler on me, no this ain't a spoiler. Keima ruled out Mio and Kusonoki at chapter 119. :P

@Zekori

I spotted those effects on Ayumi and Chihiro(same panel) too. From my observation it's an effect Wakaki uses to depict someone/something that is shining. Elsee's radar used to use a different effect on earlier chapters but I noticed that on some of the newer chapters Wakaki also uses that same effect now.

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen